TEAM: The Belly Flats (August)

Options

Replies

• UnicornMermaidMom
    UnicornMermaidMom Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I'm a 30 year old divorced mom of 3 from NYC area who has been doing weight loss for a while. A few years ago I had dropped 60 pounds successfully on MFP and was near my goal weight, and then I got divorced and struggled with my weight again. After hitting a new highest weight, the pandemic started and I went up even higher. It's taken years to get everything settled legally and financially after the divorce but I've finally been feeling like I'm in a good spot with all that which has also helped mentally so I've been feeling ready to start back at MFP again. I know this is just something I have to do for my own health and also so I can be there for my kids. I saw this challenge a few days after I started and I knew the accountability would help me stay motivated. I'm so glad I'm on this team with you guys!!
  • UnicornMermaidMom
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday, August 15
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Nothing intentional
    Comments: I was traveling home today from a beach trip over the weekend so I didn't have time for exercise. I will be posting again daily from here on out. :smiley:
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi team!
    I teach fifth grade in Washington state.Tthe majority of my time is normally spent working on some type of prep for school or grading for school. This summer my focus has been to tighten up my exercise routine and eating habits. My current goals are to workout at least 4 times a week and drink at least 64 ounces of water daily.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday, Aug. 15th
    Calories: Over 🫤
    Exercise: 3 mile walk 👟
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,443 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday, August 15

Exercise: Yes
    (☯15 min; 💪32 min; 💗60 min; 🤽‍♂️53 min; 🚶‍♂️1.69 mi/33 min; 👣11,058 steps)
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm Frank, 73 years young, 6'1", ~227 pounds, living in California. Retired now, with a personal "part-time job" of trying to get fit again after decades of being a workaholic desk jockey. I was my heaviest -- and unhealthiest -- at 330 pounds, in July of 2020. I set out to lose 100 pounds in one year; it took me just under a year and a half, but I did it. This year, I've been fluctuating in the 220's weight-wise, but I am at my healthiest in 40 years. I think I'm within 20 pounds of my goal weight, which might be around 210-215 pounds.

I just celebrated completing a 10K trail run (walk/run) last Saturday at the Bear Creek Half Marathon/10K/5K race in Briones Regional Park in California. In July of 2020, I could barely manage a quarter mile walk around the block. So, at this point, I'm not overly concerned about my weight; still, I'd like to lose a bit more.

Your weight loss journey is inspiring as well as the variety you include in your workouts. There is no way you could ever get bored!
  • pkg1998
    Options
    My name is Caren hailing from Yonkers NY. I'm 39 married with 2 boys 8 (Joshua) and 12 (Noah). I was always in in 140s and was inspired by my employer to do Atkins in which I lost 25 lbs in 2 month (was I on a roll) I went from size 12 to 8. I maintained for a few months then I got pregnant with my youngest. Ever since I've only been going up, during covid I went from 145 to 173 lbs. My knees and ankles began to hurt and when I get dressed in my size 8 outfits I looked like a sack of cabbage with lumps and bumps poking out wherever they could find a space ( mind you I'm only 5 feet). I'm more of a flat chested, wide hipped person who decided to lose something , anything at all to start feeling less pain. On June 3rd 2022 I decided to return to my faithful Fitness Pal, on a low card diet I'm proud to say from them 173 today I'm 161.2 lbs. My desire is to hit 145 again and not 125. I LOVE the support and encouragement from this community and so far you are all great help.
    I'm very grateful to you all and I'll play it forward 😘

Interesting that your employer inspired you to do Atkins. My work used to encourage wellness but it’s taken a back seat to more important things (to the CEO) like production 😞. I love that you’re realistic in your goal setting and hope to continue to provide support and encouragement.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Hello team! I'm a 30 year old divorced mom of 3 from NYC area who has been doing weight loss for a while. A few years ago I had dropped 60 pounds successfully on MFP and was near my goal weight, and then I got divorced and struggled with my weight again. After hitting a new highest weight, the pandemic started and I went up even higher. It's taken years to get everything settled legally and financially after the divorce but I've finally been feeling like I'm in a good spot with all that which has also helped mentally so I've been feeling ready to start back at MFP again. I know this is just something I have to do for my own health and also so I can be there for my kids. I saw this challenge a few days after I started and I knew the accountability would help me stay motivated. I'm so glad I'm on this team with you guys!!

Divorce and pandemic - not necessarily a good combination🤔. Love that you are doing this for yourself first and your kids. That’s so hard for me to do (not kids they are grown) but I always say I’m doing it for someone else - my dad, my husband, etc. I’d really like to do it for me! We will encourage you to stay accountable for sure!

• pkg1998
    Options
    WA_Teacher wrote: »
    Hi team!
    I teach fifth grade in Washington state.Tthe majority of my time is normally spent working on some type of prep for school or grading for school. This summer my focus has been to tighten up my exercise routine and eating habits. My current goals are to workout at least 4 times a week and drink at least 64 ounces of water daily.

THANK YOU for being a teacher. One of the hardest and under appreciated jobs in my opinion. No way I could do it! I’m sure working out is hard during the school year because you are so busy. We will be here to encourage you to find time for yourself!
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dheliason
    August week 3 (Monday)
    PW: 161.2
    CW: 160.3

Oops! I see this never got sent yesterday!
  • carenwilson1983
    carenwilson1983 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    carenwilson1983
    Week 3 Aug (5-12)
    Daily Post (Tuesday 08/16)
    Calories: Yes (Under)
    Exercise: Yes ( 78 Mins. Aerobic )
    Goals/Day/Comments: Keeping a low carb routine, lots of exercise and 1/2 gallon water each day.
  • UnicornMermaidMom
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, August 16
    Exercise: Went for a 20 minute walk
  • UnicornMermaidMom
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »

Divorce and pandemic - not necessarily a good combination🤔. Love that you are doing this for yourself first and your kids. That’s so hard for me to do (not kids they are grown) but I always say I’m doing it for someone else - my dad, my husband, etc. I’d really like to do it for me! We will encourage you to stay accountable for sure!

If you asked me a year ago who I wanted to get healthy for, I would have only said my kids too. I think it's so easy to put ourselves on the back burner to be there for everyone else but you deserve to do it for yourself too! :)
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, August 16

Exercise: Yes (🧘‍♂️46 min; 🤽‍♂️60 min; 🚶‍♂️3.51 mi/69 min; 👣14,298 steps)
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I’m Janice from Queensland, Australia. I’m a 62 year old medical receptionist. The weight has crept up with age. I want to fix my high.cholesterol and get a bit fitter. Can’t do much at the moment as I’m nursing a foot fracture. Mainly focusing on keeping the calories in check. The weekly weigh in is great in keeping me accountable. My initial goal is to lose about 20lbs. All the best everyone
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,731 Member
    Options
    cormierannie
    weigh in day wednesday
    pw: 143 pounds
    cw: 142 pounds
  • carenwilson1983
    carenwilson1983 Posts: 204 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    carenwilson1983
    Week 3 Aug (12-19)
    Daily Post (Wednesday 08/17)
    Calories: Yes (Under)
    Exercise: Yes ( 111 Mins. Aerobic )
    Goals/Day/Comments: Keeping a low carb routine, lots of exercise and 1/2 gallon water each day.
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, August 17

Exercise: Yes (🧘‍♂️60 min; 🚶‍♂️4.67 mi/114 min; 👣12,221 steps)
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    I’m Janice from Queensland, Australia. I’m a 62 year old medical receptionist. The weight has crept up with age. I want to fix my high.cholesterol and get a bit fitter. Can’t do much at the moment as I’m nursing a foot fracture. Mainly focusing on keeping the calories in check. The weekly weigh in is great in keeping me accountable. My initial goal is to lose about 20lbs. All the best everyone

Age and weight - 2 things that get higher together for so many people 🤣.

I understand the foot issue - I tend to eat better when I can move too. I had Achilles’ tendon surgery last October and still feel the pains from it. I tried to focus on my eating during that time as well.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    cormierannie
    weigh in day wednesday
    pw: 143 pounds
    cw: 142 pounds

Well done! 👏🏻🎉