Exercise: 60 minutes conducting, 20 min walk
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,505 Member
    Options
    Friday 19 August
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

Fitbit still not syncing so "may" be under but 🤷‍♀️ I tried to eat at maintenance anyway.

@therealbluenote I've noticed a couple 20 minutes walks lately. I hope you are building up strength and stamina and aren't pushing too hard. I know that I could never stand and conduct a chorus for an hour so go you!! 👍😊

In other news, YAY it's the weekend!!; 🥳🍷🎶💃
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Before I forget, I won’t have access to my scale Saturday, so May I please carry over last Saturday’s weight of 204.4?

Thanks so much.

@susanshaughnessy80 You certainly may!!

Thank you, @DaffyGirl88
    I think it’s too late to post this, but this was my week.
    Sunday, August 14
    Tracked: yes; Under: yes; Exercised: yes
    Monday, August 15 & Tuesday, Aug 16
    Tracked: yes; Under: yes; Exercised: yes
    Wednesday & Thursday, August 17 & 18
    Tracked: no; Under: not likely; Exercised: yes
    Friday, August 19
    No to all
    Up early today and getting in my 30-minute walk.

Pray all is well with my MFP BBT peeps ❤️😊🙏🏻☀️🤗

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Fri (Wk3; Day 6)
    • Track / Under / W.Out?
      Yes / Yes / No
    • NetCalories: 1508
    • NetCarbs: 50
      I was right to worry about my “off” schedule this week; then I just added to the madness by making plans to try the new local Chinese buffet on Saturday! 😩 On a happy note: I get to visit some family I never see anymore. In other news, my daughter decided to sign up for Calendar girl at her school, so we’re going to be preparing for that and networking a little bit! I’ll be sure to share pictures as we go through this together🤗
    As of Day 6:
    • Net Calories (13566 / 10500)
      🛑🟢🛑🛑🛑🟢🔘
      = Daily Avg: 2261 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs (1097 / 700)
      🛑🟢🛑🛑🛑🟢🔘
      = Daily Avg: 182 (Goal: 100)
    • MUAC: 1 / 7 Days
      🛑🟢🛑🛑🛑🛑🔘
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

@therealbluenote I've noticed a couple 20 minutes walks lately. I hope you are building up strength and stamina and aren't pushing too hard. I know that I could never stand and conduct a chorus for an hour so go you!! 👍😊

I was thinking the same thing last night.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    LOL - said tracking was a priority - should have listed posting here with the tracking too as I seem to have done the tracking - just not the posting :)

MUAC Daily Post: Wed 8/17
    Calories: yes
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual - decided not to track my fasts and try to just eat mid afternoon/evening and see if that can change the weight loss so while semi-fasting I am not tracking times right now

MUAC Daily Post: Thurs 8/18
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual ??

MUAC Daily Post: Friday 8/19
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual ??
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Friday 19 August
    Under: no

Fitbit still not syncing so "may" be under but 🤷‍♀️ I tried to eat at maintenance anyway.

In other news, YAY it's the weekend!!; 🥳🍷🎶💃

It’s actually two 10 minute walks. I wasn’t sure how to log it. 😆

Let me tell you about my conducting. When I’m actually conducting, I don’t feel tired or any pain. AFTER, however, especially a long time like 60 minutes, every single bone and muscle in my body hurts like hell. 😬😖😳🤣
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing last night.

I love that my teamies are looking out for me. Thanks. ❤️ I explained my two walks above. And the agonizing pain after the conducting is over. I look forward to the time when I can actually stand and conduct for an hour and not feel paralyzed after! But conducting is my job, and when we have 60 minute singing gigs I have to do it. I wear orthotic shoes, plantar fasciitis socks, and take Tylenol before and after! 😉😊
  • therealbluenote
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 I felt your angst and pain in your post, and I thank you for sharing. I can’t imagine the walk your journey is taking you on. And I’m truly sorry that you are suffering. I could fill this post with every cliché that I’m sure you’ve heard many times in your journey: You are stronger than you know; This, too, shall pass; One day at a time; Baby steps. But no advice or pearls of cliché wisdom will help you until you are ready. And what does that mean, “when you are ready?”

There is no timeline for grief. No crystal ball that tells us, “Ok, you’re healed now. Time to go conquer the world.” So we keep moving forward, or we stop. There is comfort in both. And now with my best friend also dying I’m finding myself at the very same crossroad. I can understand a tiny fraction of your grief. The fact that you’re becoming aware of your choices is a first step in crawling out. And from the tiny amount of time I’ve been blessed to know you, I can positively say that you are an amazing, loving, introspective woman who deserves to be crawling out - but only at your pace, no one else’s. Take the time you need. We are here for you. Keep checking in on yourself to reevaluate. It’s cleansing, cathartic, and keeps us in the present tense. And it’s easier said than done, I know all too well.

The world only spins forward.
  • therealbluenote
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Weigh-in Week 3
    PW: 398.4
    CW: 395.8
  • JbeanR0212
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @therealbluenote I kinda laughed nervously yesterday while rambling out loud and working on my sculpture. I was telling my friends ghost I only live within the virtual world these days. One where I can filter my thoughts better, dress the agony up as success and hide my face behind a screen. Like I’m just a damn avatar! Some days are so surreal you question whether you are dreaming, in reality or simply loosing all of your marbles.

You want to claim you find solace only in those ‘fake friends’ but I mean all of you are real people and I wouldn’t deem you so shallow. I attended a few grief support meetings at our church and the air was too thick, too unbalanced. MFP however has been great, you can check in and out simply pausing as you please without disrupting the environment (TOO MUCH). We have a mutual friend (and I’m sure your thinking about her right now) who met in different groups but related over the same loss. Funny how a fitness app can bring people together in such a way. Hearing you and her speak about this pain is helpful. It is a bit comforting to know that you are not alone. And it is in that I am finding the courage to work through it myself. Thank you!

I still can’t even put words to how it feels when your close lifelong friend is torn from you. That soul who knows you better than yourself. Who has been a constant comfort and source of joy. The rare memories that hardly ever precede them! My heart goes out to you because I’m starting to find there simply aren’t words to express such a loss. I love how eloquently you said “no advice or pearls of cliché wisdom will help you until you are ready”! Unapologetically poetic in such a beautiful manner.

One of my favorite comedians Patton Oswalt speaks very openly about his wife’s passing and I have found myself clinging to a particular line in a skit he did “If one more person wishes me ‘strength’ on my ‘healing journey’, I’m gonna throw a balloon full of (urine) in the window of every candle store on the planet”. I just love how raw he is in that moment but when he’s not doing a comic act, his words are incredibly profound. He points to how helpful it is to talk about grief because we as a society tremble at it’s feet attempting to sweep it under the rug at every opportunity. Maternity leave 6 months, bereavement 3 days! He says “it’s not a healing journey. It would be phrased much better as dark slog”. Similarly to you he says “We have only one choice to keep moving forward but not you nor anyone else has a say, only grief will let you know when she’s done with you”.

Big congrats on another loss by the way. Again, thank you for being that glimmer of sunshine to mute the shadows if for just a moment. Should you need an outlet to vent, you are welcome to PM me anytime.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    You are doing great @mooreshelly09! Every drop counts and after pizza and beer I bet it’s more than the scale wanted to admit 😉. Big hugs to you as well. I hope the anniversary helped serve as a celebration of your brother and the lives he touched. Even in the deepest sorrow, joy remains.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    I think you are on a great plan @sandkp. I’m rooting for you. When are you and @daffygirl88 getting together?

And @KimR_1986 how are you holding up?
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 193.7
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 I second @JbeanR0212 ’s comments. I personally love that you ate the pizza and had some drinks. In this situation, it wasn’t “caving” - think of it more as celebrating your brother’s life. And even if it was unplanned, he was on your mind, and once in a while situations come up where we might choose celebration over sadness. And that is perfectly OK.
    I’m proud of your loss! 💐
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    Saturday Aug 20
    Track: Yes
    Calories: 54 over 🙄
    Exercise: Zero. Zilch. Stayed in my pjs all day, which those days are becoming more far and few between! I needed a day to recover from the conducting and I don’t feel one bit guilty over it! Talk about a milestone - here it is: Me not stressing over exercise! 💪🏼 Now, laying around did cause Fitbit to steal a lot of my calories, which is why I’m over. 😒 Oh well! It was worth it!