Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,939 Member
    @macrat12 HI Sarah
    @Patti241 ,, Mine is now on 24/7. Not on high, it's on low, but yeah.
    @Katiecondy1 ,,, Owning a place is great since it's ours, but of course yes maintenance upkeep is there. Love that you are on top of things, it's sad when some aren't. It's been in the 40s/50s most nights I am a light blanket, LOL BUT NOT ALL!! OH I WANT snow too AND A TON of it!! That'd help your drought!! That'd be great. Indeed the earth was designed to be self sustaining, but mankind is doing so much damage. I wish my my foot would behave, but it's determined to not do so. I'll get through this.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,318 Member
    Love all the pictures, happy Sunday
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,483 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -she is a good grandma! I talk to her a lot and she is always asking about my girls. Then she remembers I told her! Aw I am sorry she didn’t go meet SArah!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Kurtize,,, Aren't they fun? Love them too!!
    @Bookienj ,,, Awww that's so sweet she's a good Grandma!! That'll always a super plus to the girls. Grandma's are just awesome people (With whatever name they are called).
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,961 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is back to work at my new job. Things are going well there I think. I am working on getting things going and getting my routine down at the new job. I hope everyone has had a great weekend. My weekend was good.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I do enjoy my new job. It is great. It is nice to be treated as though I have some knowledge. I think this new job is going to be good for me.
    @CSEGUIN2 - It sounds like you are doing great. I think you are going to continue to do great.
    @lavalily - That does sound like you are always on the go. I try rearranging my living room but with the size of my couch I am limited on where I can place it.

Well it is time to get ready to go to work. I hope you all have a great day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,928 Member
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,095 Member
    It's 49 feels like 49 with a high of 79 for today. I AM: I am confident in who I am as a person, and I know that others respect me for it too! Axe Sharpening: The game plan only works when you do.--Katie Hoehn 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National Pancake Day!!!! Action for Happiness: Find a new way to use one of your strengths or talents. Fitness quote for today: Losing weight is HARD! Being fat is HARD! Pick your HARD!!--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: When you wake up, smile and know you'll have fun doing what you love.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 17,211 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: At Home Wk4, Day 1 Conditioning 10 sets then Core 3 sets after breakfast.
  • bookieNJ
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup we have a grandma, a Gagi and a nana
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hope work was GREAT!!! I am a HUGE believer of one really should enjoy where they work, and what they do for work. At 40 hours a week which is almost 25% of our week ,, it's good to feel nice about it. Nicely done.
    @Patti241 ,,, Are you grabbing extra supplies "just in case" the storm comes up the east coast? At the end of Oct or the start of Nov, I go through what I have here for extra stuff "just in case" of a nor'easter which we can end up without power for 24 to 72 hours pretty easily (though we do have a generator where I live it only keeps the common areas (hallways, community rooms, kitchen, elevators going) OH AND our heat works in our places, but nothing else. Of course with the kitchen (there are 92 places here) and ONLY 1 kitchen LOL most of us try to avoid that area during the peak times. In the hall way though some of us will bring out coffee pots, microwaves to share with each other. The floor I am on, isn't fun, but I can head up to 4 or 6 and those floors are always very fun.
    @Bookienj,,,Awww Grandma's,, the extreme majority of us, are just sweet things. Are you all headed for any fairs this fall? My favorite one just started today. I MAY ask a friend or 2 if they want to go. It's only about 45 mins from here, easy parking. LOL BUT which friend will do only what I WANT?? LOLOLOLOL awful aren't I? Nah, I am really flexible to doing what others want also.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday was a lot of studying and training for work. Took most of the day. Managed to also make breakfast for 3 and potato salad. After all my studying my reward was a bbq at my friend's and some football.

Today woke up at 4 am. Got up and did some studying. When I got tired I went back to bed. It was also raining on and off again today. So as you could imagine my system was out of wack until I went to work this afternoon. Tonight the residents got ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, mushroom soup, and a butter tart. Talk about the carb and sodium overload. I think I might have gained just cooking and serving it😆. The important part was that they enjoyed the meal. Not sure how the scale is going to show the change in my life with a new job. Missed 2 days of exercise and over ate at least once. Oh well it is what it is. Not sure how often I will be able to check in. But will do my best.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Cseguin2 ,, Hopefully you'll settle into a really nice routine at work. It's great they enjoy it!! That's a huge plus. On top of that you are kind, and fun that'll help them to like you all the more so! You'll get back into exercise soon. As you prepare the food can you do leg lifts if you aren't being watched or shoot I'd do them when I was at the store, I told my customers why (they loved it!) as did my coworkers who I could sometimes get to join me. I was a cashier in a busy grocery store. They cheered me on!! WOW my weight loss was going so super well!! If my body wasn't such a brat I'd be near or at my goal of under 132!! But, it is,, , ,sometimes we take the longer road, but we'll both get to where it is we want.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,961 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is another day at work. Tomorrow we go test drive a vehicle for my son. I am hoping that we can get that done quickly and that he likes the vehicle. At this point we really cannot afford the vehicle but he needs one. I am hoping that we will be able to get something going for him. I am happy to go to work today. I do like me job. I am more of a catch all as he is having me do so much stuff right now as he tries to build his business.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - It is nice when you like your job. That is always a good thing. I do like my job.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I think you will do great. I am sure you will check in when you are able.
    @Lessennan - That is a great shawl. I love it.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,928 Member
    Good morning everyone.

Diane: Yes I am. But I think it will miss us. We will get some rain this weekend from it
  • kamaphia
    kamaphia Posts: 23 Member
    @Lessennan The shawl is beautiful. I can knit basic things, but I don't have the patience to do lace work. When I knit my sweater, it took twice as long as it should have because I'd get off the pattern and end up frogging my work. And it wasn't a particularly difficult pattern. I just get distracted easily and lose my place. I'm very impressed with your shawl.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,968 Member
    @kamaphia i cheated. I listed ever single row on a spreadsheet and worked religiously down the rows.
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. So hi! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the different threads and intros and whatnot - trying to get my bearings. I'd love some buddies to be accountable to who can maybe show me the ropes a little!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Stardust260 ,, WOOOHOOO so happy to see you!! I'm Diane, and you are on our team ., Positively Strong 4 Life!! We are a very active, supportive team. Please know at first all of us (let's hear all of you on you first felt please it'll help her to see this is normal) I was so overwhelmed too, we are here to help you along the way. I am having to head out in a few, but I'll send you an MFP email when I get back home. Today it's to see kidney Dr (a follow up, I do have a kidney stone, but we've just been watching it) and speech therapy which has interrupted 2 times, once by being the hospital for the bone infection then last week with the virus. My Dr was very point blank about if I hadn't of lost the weight (so far 119 LBS) I'd either not be alive at best I'd not be on my own as I am. I am so happy I've been taking such better care of myself. Stardust, I'll be on contact later today!!
  • bookieNJ
    edited September 2022
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -fairs? Nope. We have those in July/august here. And Of course October fest! We don’t have a big population but our town still does that. It was popular on Saturday. Had to get canceled due to rain Sunday. Our area is known for apple/pumpkin pickings this time of year. I hope you make it out to a fair!
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    Thank you, @Dianedoessmiles1! Looking forward to hearing from you and being a part of the team! BTW my name is Lauren. Nice to meet everyone!