Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,407 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. So hi! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the different threads and intros and whatnot - trying to get my bearings. I'd love some buddies to be accountable to who can maybe show me the ropes a little!

@Starbust620 welcome to the 5% Fall Challenge. Don't worry about all the threads, some of them are just read only for information. Your on @Dianedoessmiles1's team Positively Strong 4 Life and I have been on that team. You will get tons of support for sure, but all teams are like that too. When I first started with the 5% challenges, I was unsure of what to do so I stuck mostly to the chat thread as folks contributed there, and that helped with the lack of experience on the team itself. Most of us come from Sparkpeople where the Challenge originated but migrated here when Spark closed. No matter what team you land on, you'll make some good friends and enjoy the challenge as well. Ask questions, people love to help people on this challenge! Oh my name is Lindie, aka Linda aka Lin lol
    @Lessennan oh that is so beautiful !! Cheat or not you are so talented in what you do, thank you for sharing. I hope the challenge warm up week is going good for you!
    I just thought I would share some pics of Vancouver, and leaders, you are welcome to copy to your own team if you wish to share too.
    Some of you might recognise some of the pictures from blogs I have done. Or posted on my time on the Possitively Strong 4 Life team.
    ooaftcvk4x6s.jpg
    Gastown Vancouver BC - the Steam Clock and food from the Old Spagetti Factory as well as the North Shore Mountains
    7kzqmbi7azvt.jpg
    Queen Elizabeth Park - the best place to be for an awesome sunset or fireworks from a barge !!
    x0gfp25u9phb.jpg
    The Planetarium at Queen Elizabeth park - lots of birds and tropicals in there, oh so warm when you go in but you get used to it !!
    5754psc386ir.jpg
    The Botanical Gardens by UBC ( University of British Columbia)
    jbrha9kbmva7.jpg
    Lots of museums here, this one is by UBC as well!
    Hope you all are enjoying your time on your team getting to know each other !!

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,155 Member
    Options
    It's 85 at 3:30PM. I AM: I use my positive energy to succeed. Axe Sharpening: You don't owe it to anyone but yourself to get better. Show up for yourself.--Toni Livers 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Free up time by cancelling any unnecessary plans. Fitness quote for today: Never give up great things take time.--_fitography on Instagram Motivational quote for today: Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.--Jacques Prevert Didn't close all rings on my Active 4 and had 6,193 steps as I was traveling.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for the continued support!

Welcome to all new members!

Today overall has been a great day. Took me 3 buses to get to my TOPS meeting. Which was a little stressful as I had not taken 2 of those buses before. But I made it safe and sound. I was leader of the group today as the leader was not there. Come to find out his wife's aunt had a severe stroke on Friday. She is the lady that I clean for. Also found out that her breast cancer had returned. Anyways she is on life support and not expected to make it. Can life please go back to a more normal. I am not sure how I will handle this loss when it happens. Anyways I lost 1 lb this week. Work went well. Served spaghetti and meat sauce, garlic bread, salad, chicken and rice soup and canned pear slices.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,027 Member
    Options
    Hi ALL!! I'll be back tomorrow. SORRY!! It's been a very busy day. ALL is well though.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today I will be all alone in the office except for the new kid who is still in his learning phase. So there is that. I passed my pretest for the Life and Health insurance license so I scheduled my actual test for this Saturday and I am going to be just studying the sections I think I struggle with. I think I know a few sections. I am going to work on those.

@Stardust620 - Welcome. It is pretty easy to navigate here. It looks like Diane is going to help you out. She is great and always so helpful.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I hope you had a good visit with the kidney doctor. My doctor was really concerned with my health when I started too. Not nearly as much as your's was but still somewhat serious.
    @bookieNJ - Our town is known for Cereal. I wish we could apple pick locally. We typically have to drive about 30 minutes to get to an orchard where you can pick apples.
    @LindieMaeP - I don't remember some of those photos. I know you have posted them before as I do recognize some of them. It is nice to go down memory lane sometimes.
    @CSEGUIN2 - It sounds so good to have your spaghetti. I have not had pasta in so long. I cannot eat it.

Well it is time to get ready to go to work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,976 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 56 feels like 53 with a high of 80 for today. I AM: I am happy with myself and don't need to prove it. Axe Sharpening: When you place yourself in the position of leading others, Leading By Example is what you do. It's why others believe.--Kenny Clayborn 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Happy International Day of Universal Access to Information!!! Action for Happiness: Choose to see your mistakes as steps to help you learn. Fitness quote for today: Body Under Construction…Mind on a Mission.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: You have the power to be excellent. To inspire everyone who intersects your path. To innovate and make things better than ever before. To wow customers. And to stand for the best. Will You?--Robin Sharma Almost closed all rings on my Active 4 just missed active minutes and calories burned but had 10,716 steps yesterday. (I've dropped my steps back down to 10K for a while) Today's training plan: 5 min warm up, Legs Day with Turf Sprints 9 times down and back as a finisher, 5 min cool-down in the gym after breakfast.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I hope you are having a great day today, it's Wednesday, or Windsday, or Humpday, either way, it is now downhill to the weekend. Do you have any plans for the weekend? I was hoping to make it to the Farmer's Market to get more Water Buffalo yogurt, but my sister is babysitting her granddaughter, and is finding it tiring !!! I suggested she nap when Mya naps and that might help with the tiredness.
    @CSEGUIN2 I hope you are finding the new job rewarding, and maybe will help buffer the other issues of friends health issues. It is hard to loose a friend to death no matter the cause. Hang in there !!
    @Tabatha_Cain I know you will do just fine on that test, you know your stuff. Thank you for the comments on the pictures, I am trying to find new ones that I never posted before lol Might be challenging since I post a lot lol
    @Patti241 hello hello !! How are you doing ?
    @Dianedoessmiles1 how did you make out ?
    Have you ever seen a blue whale? It is the largest whale in the world and the Beaty Biodiversity Museum, UBC Vancouver, does have the skeleton of the blue whale:
    989qiygblavm.jpg
    w32yepa4avuf.jpg
    rqeefqquc10d.jpg
    jm3i4d8tge0h.jpg
    rd8xo572e4hm.jpg
    6wyif0p1bc42.jpg
    These are just a few of the pictures of the Blue Whale at the museum, but there is no much more to see there. I hope you get a chance to visit one day and enjoy the museum. You can also learn more by clicking the following link. Be sure to select a new window/tab so this current one you are on will stay open. Cheers, Linda
    https://beatymuseum.ubc.ca/exhibitions/permanent-exhibitions/blue-whale-display/

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,392 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, happy Wednesday. Hope everyone is having a great day and I send prayers for safety for our friends here that live in Florida.

The Blue Whale museum looks like a wonderful place to visit.

Have a great rest of your day. Hugs and blessings

Here is a link that give 17 success tips.

https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/17-top-success-tips/?omhide=true
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,027 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hope it was okay working with the new kid as well as that you had plenty of time to study for the test on Saturday. WOOHOO MAY THAT GO AMAZINGLY WELL!! GLAD you took care of your health!! Glad I have too, I'd likely not be doing nearly as well if even here. The kidney Dr had GOOD NEWS! YEAH!! YEAH!! The big stone passed, I didn't know it. LOL!! I do have a bunch of little ones, hopefully they'll find their way out without any issues. At this point they are likely from so many antibiotics. TY TY TY!!
    @Patti241 ,, Morning Patti!! Hope the day went very well!
    @Lindamaep ,, Thanks!! See answer LOL I put into Tabatha's post, I am very happy with that!! For the kidney. The lungs, well those need testing and more testing. The blue Whale, I've seen I think it was a great white. When I went to visit Dad and Mum (Step Mum) we went on a whale watch, mostly saw seals, but they are so cute and some dolphins, I loved that so much. I was fine with that. Maine has whales of course in the ocean, but I don't go out on the ocean that far that often. Around the harbor almost yearly sometimes more often. Well out around the Islands too not just in the harbor. Hope you enjoyed the day!
    @Kurtize we hope you'll be okay! We'll look forward to your coming back on if you lose elect which is highly likely.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

My friend passed away last night in her sleep. Just found out tonight.

Today was a busy day! Went for my walk and then went to Goodwill to get scrubs. Got enough to cover one week of shifts for about $70. That's 4 shirts and 5 pairs of pants. I think I am going to get addicted to shopping for scrubs 🤣. Still need to get my no slip shoes. The residents at work had hot turkey sandwiches, mashed potatoes, green beans, turkey gravy, soup and desert. Stopped by my friends on the walk home to update her on the happenings at work.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,887 Member
    Options
    Leaders: It would be nice to have a master log of who is on what team. We've connected with folks along the way and it would just be nice to know where they are...Just an idea.....
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a great morning. Today is my last day in the office with only the new guy. I learned a couple of new things yesterday and I am loving it. It is great. I can reinstate a policy without having to call someone and ask as long as the owner is the one who cancelled it. Isn't that great. I love it. I have never been able to do that before. Usually once they cancel it is had to be rewritten. I am finding new things all the time that I like about this company.

@LindieMaeP - That is fascinating with the blue whale. I have never seen a whale skeleton before. That is so cool.
    @Kurtize - Have a good day.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That is great that the kidney stone already passed. The little ones you will hopefully barely notice.
    @CSEGUIN2 - So sorry for your loss. I do hope you like your new job. My sister is a CNA and she loves scrub shopping. There are so many places to get them now a days.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 49 feels like 46 with a high of 77 for today. I AM: I am grateful to live in such exciting times. Axe Sharpening: Progress over perfection. Always. There's always room to be a better person.--Marisa LaRen 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy World Heart Day!!!! Action for Happiness: Write down three things you appreciate about yourself. Fitness quote for today: Never postpone to tomorrow what you can do today.--gymaholic Motivational quote for today: You need the rain. You need the sun. Don't always wish for one when you have to others.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,298 steps yesterday. Taking an active recovery day today since I had gotten my second booster shot yesterday and woke up freezing and have a sore deltoid. Hope to be back into the gym tomorrow morning.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Lindie: I am doing okay.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,392 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all.
    @CSEGUIN2 - sorry about the loss of your friend.
    It's a beautiful day. Feeling more secure with my walking, still waiting for the MRI appt. The exercises the dr. gave me seem to be helping.
    Have a great rest of the day. Hugs and blessings

fmc39uecjjyj.jpg

• LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good afternoon all, hope you are having a good Thursday !! I got a lot done today and hope to get working on some Chile in a bit but wanted to come and post some more pictures of Vancouver, which I will do shortly.
    @Tabatha_Cain glad you liked the blue whale information, and glad you are enjoying your job, soon it won't be new at all eh !
    @CSEGUIN2 very sorry to hear about your friend, condolences to you and to your friend's family and friends as well.
    @Pattie241 glad you are doing ok!
    @Kurtize oh that is good that the exercises are helping! I hope you get those tests soon ! Love the poster, thank you.
    So now you are in Vancouver, it's time to go for a nice long seawall walk along Stanley Park !! AND it is a long walk along the sea - you'll see ships of all sizes, walruses in the water playing, and what ever else the tide brings in and takes out ! You can take a horse and trolly tour, or you can just walk and take your time.
    u9t7a31pxoci.jpg
    2dhsifd841r9.jpg
    5nhvaiq5xz54.jpg
    2hsraqlro060.jpg
    2ecnwea37mvs.jpg
    6qa05bk1hf1f.jpg
    2hbk79y7do1n.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a busy day. Woke up at 5:30 am. Studied till almost 7. Then met my Son at the bus stop to go to his orthodontist appointment. Had to wait a half hour for his appointment so he treated me to a Tim Hortons everything bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese. After his appointment we headed back to run some errands. When I got home hung the laundry and started another load. Then worked on my next TOPS program till I had to get ready and head to work. Residents had beef stew, cream of potato and bacon soup, dinner roll and a Rice Krispy square. I made the stew and the squares. The squares were extra sticky. Now off till Monday unless I get called in. Was supposed to be going to a surprise birthday party for my SIL but she has COVID so it's postponed until further notice.
  • mclean1948
    mclean1948 Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    How do I get to the latest page here?