Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, How did the yard sale go today? Pretty soon the ones around here will close up until late Spring/Summer. LOL that fight was wild!! We sat there saying "We'll let them work it out unless fists start to fly!"
    @Patti241 ,, Hi Patti!!
    @Kurtzie,, WOOHOO INDEED WE ARE OFF!!!
    z5bzb9ygjagv.gif
    @Lindmaep ,, LOL that airplane heart looks familiar. Ohhh mine was YEARS ago when I was moving OUT of Maine to Colorado, back in 2012. WOW A LOT has happened in 10 years!!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are doing well this weekend. I passed my State Exam for my Life and Health Insurance License. Now I can legally sell Life and Health Insurance in the State of Michigan. Woohoo. I did it. I studied hard and I passed. My boyfriend and my boss told me I could do it. I did not think I could. I thought I would need more time. I only took just over 2 weeks to study. I am so proud of myself. We are going out to celebrate tonight.

@Kurtize - Have a great Challenge!
    @LindieMaeP - The garage sale was a flop. I am going to sell it on my facebook group that does auction selling
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sounds like you have a pretty good system going. You got a lot done.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - The garage sale was a flop. No one showed. I think it is too late in the season. I am going to have to sell it on my facebook group for auctioning stuff. I hope it sells there. I am just going to keep listing it though. As long as it takes to sell.

Well it is time to get some food in me. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,200 Member
    Options
    It's 46 feels like 46 with a high of 82 for today. I AM: I am compassionate with myself when I have a rough day. Axe Sharpening: For every problem, there is a solution. But it's going to require hope, creativity, and patience to find it.--Kerri Hayes 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy International Day of Non-Violence Action for Happiness: Find something to be optimistic about (even if it's a difficult time) Fitness quote for today: Be Focused. Be Persistent. NEVER QUIT.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Do one thing every day that makes you happy.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,224 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,009 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane.

It is a chilly morning.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -are you still supposed to get it? At some point hopefully hurricane Ian goes out to sea. Our meteorologist always talk about nyc weather-so we have to listen to north and west of the city.
    @LindieMaeP -thx! Yup that’s how I socialize too but sometimes the personals aren’t keeping my attention.
    @Tabatha_Cain -yup it is super quick! I’ve seen people do photo shoots there- but I don’t do those either.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,419 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, well there is no rain in sight at least not for the next two weeks. This morning was a bit cool but certainly warmed up when the sun came out to play. Not much going on this afternoon - tomorrow will be my busy day, so I might walk over to Safeway later just for the walk. I don't really need anything, just the walk.
    @Tabatha_Cain congradulations, and enjoy your celebration dinner out ! It is unfortunate that the yard sale was a flop, but at least you will know for next year, that later in September is too late. Did you have posters up at all ?
    @Dianedoessmiles1 access to lots of planes but I like the real maccoys and one day I'll get one just out my back door since I am on a landing and take off spot lol I get to see cool planes over bridges kinda stuff. One plane last night looked like it was staying in the same place waiting for me to get my phone ready to take a picture but nope it eventually flew outta sight.
    @macrat12 that one motivational quote is like what Leslie Sansone says on my vidoe of her walking that I have - find something you love and just do it. Think that can apply for many things! Thanks for posting.
    @Patti241 not too bad here this morning , I got a good walk in from the bus station up a street when I went out and I had a sweater on and also tights thinking it would be cold on my legs, not a chance - I was sweating up a storm !!!
    @bookieNJ are you getting anything from Ian? Did you get anything from Fiona ? We have no rain in sight and are in drought conditions. Might have to start preserving water at this rate.
    Smells like my lunch is ready I best go get it and enjoy ! My daughter leaves for her Alaskan Cruise soon - asked her to take lots of pics and share them. Looking forward to seeing that, always wanted to do an Alaskan Cruise!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,451 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope your having a good day. Got my PT exercises in.
    Our Texas weather is cooling down, loving it.

Hugs and blessings
    mkigubwvi9ev.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I do get quite a bit done each day which is great but my exercise has taken a back seat again. Which doesn't make me happy. But what can you do when you're the student, the house keeper, and the chef at home, plus all my other commitments? I am tired of constantly having to tell him like a child things need to get done. So my mornings and 3 days off are for house chores and studying.

Today was another productive day. Went for short walk, studied, finished my program for TOPS Tuesday, did the dishes and more laundry and some exercise. Still have to make dinner but it's easy.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,, Oh I am NOT AT ALL surprised you passed so easily!! You are a smart woman, more so you are motivated!! I am so sorry the garage sale was a flop. I tend to agree this time of year it can be so hard since it's getting colder. I know up here it's also in the mist of the fairs, which will be ending also soon, in a few weeks. I put up a few things yesterday on marketplace and crossed with some other sites, so far no bite. I think many starting to realize how hard it is to heat this year and are getting scared. ALL THE MORE so to buy the stuff that's in very good condition, at an excellent price. Come mid Dec many will be looking for things for gifts.
    @Patti241,, our high was 57 today tonight 39. WOOHOO tomorrow my AC is coming out of the window. LOL it's time!! Now last week I DID run it for a few hours, we hit 70 and it got so hot in here. Now? The heat is on though barely. Love this crazy time of year. Sleep well!
    @Bookienj, it came up to Mass, but was kind enough to give us only some light clouds, it's a heading out to sea. In the winter when snow does that, I am NOT A HAPPY CAMPER, but this, bye bye!! Plus it's not bad up this way, though SC also got some bad damage. Did you all get any? Ohhh that'd be frustrating to not have any local weather zeroed in on the exact area I am in. Of course since I am close to Portland it's rare our weather is different. Really the only time we notice any difference is in the winter, since only a part of Portland is on the water they tend to do an area that's inland slightly by only 3 miles, but when it's 32 or 34 makes a difference between snow or ice, or freezing rain, SNOW!! DID I SAY SNOW??? LOLOL We KNOW Where my minds going ALREADY though it's early to. IT CAN snow on the 31st as a kid quite a few times I had to wear my boots and winter jacket.
    @Lindiemaep ,, Did you get out on the walk? After meeting today I went to the grocery on the way home. I only needed 4 items since I didn't have my "Granny cart". I didn't want to try to get a 24 pack of water to the 3rd floor even with the elevator. I am in the "further" parking lot, it's really not far. I watch them fly over the harbor. SO FUNNY MANY out of staters moved here. They aren't to ??? I WANT TO PUT BRIGHT,, because they are all FLIPPING OUT approaching the FAA about the "Planes are to loud coming over our end of the city!" WELL DUH!! Before you buy a house UNSEEN CHECK OUT THE AREA!! yet, they also moved here "Because it's near the largest airport in Maine." LOLOLOL I laugh to hard. Shoot, I rarely notice them, I've lived here the large majority of my life.
    @Kurtize ,,, WOOHOO on the exercise!! Very nicely done!! I'd like another 15 to 25 mins which I'll do a bit.
    @CSEGUIN2 ,, WOW you are super busy!! WOW!! It does get tiring to be always after someone who should know what needs to be done, but has the lack of motivation. I had a hoarder friend like that. I could not do still the same thing of "have you, are you going to, did you do" thing. They're old enough to make that decision.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good. Last night I had a small little fire in my firepit outside and had a couple smore's. They were so good. It was really nice sitting there with my boyfriend enoying the outside sounds and relaxing with him. We each had 2 smore's and the sat there talking waiting for the fire to go out so we could head to bed. It was a peaceful night. I loved it.

@LindieMaeP - I hope you enjoyed your walk. I advertised on Facebook, but I did not have signs posts ahead of time. I should have though. It would have been better I think.
    @Kurtize - Glad your weather is cooling down
    @CSEGUIN2 - I understand about having to tell someone that cleaning needs to be done. It is a constant struggle.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I was just so panicked that I could not see that I had studied enough. I am selling on a site on facebook called bid it up. It is an auction site of about 500 people in my area and the surrounding area. It works well.

Well it is time to get something to eat. Have a great day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Lindie: I am going to go out for a walk this morning.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,200 Member
    Options
    It's 49 feels like 49 with a high of 84 for today. I AM: Every hardship I go through will make me better for the future. Axe Sharpening: Do you. Be you. Never waver. Never settle.--Stacey Ervin Jr.--1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy World Habitat Day!!! Action for Happiness: Take a small step towards a goal that really matter to you. Fitness quote for today: Try. And if you fail, you try again. You lift that stuff until it feels easy.--gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: You can't wait for the hard things in your life to go away to be happy. Choose it now.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and has 17,886 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Week 5, Day 1 Conditioning 5 sets then Core Work 3 sets after breakfast.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Since I wittered on about getting my garden manageable and winter ready and I am having problems posting photos to my profile I’m posting here cos, except for dandelions round the back grass which will need bought stuff to treat and maybe one more grass cut my garden is sorted. Yeah! Blank spaces in the back garden are planted with bulbs and room for the dahlias replanting in the spring.

ggq6xby5lvfa.jpeg
    pwj9fdlddrid.jpeg
    y1hntkz9zdr9.jpeg
    aoye7aa8pro8.jpeg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Ohhh to sit around a fire pit is so relaxing!! After that weekend, you NEEDED THAT!! The smore's were just an added bonus!! YUMMY!! Hope work was great!
    @Patti241,, Hope today was GREAT!!! I think we may land tonight! I have been sticking by to the 30 mins of exercise, but over this past weekend I was able to up it some. As long as I am NOT hurting myself I am okay with that. The chances of my wings being clipped again (Foot etc.) is always on my mind. Do it while I can!
    @Lessennan ,, Oh Nan!! Your garden/yard is simply STUNNING!! It was so neat seeing how it was coming along!! You are so strong!! Its great your Dad taught you so much to make you the ROARSOME lady you are!! TY TY TY for sharing with us!!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,419 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I am just relaxing after fixing up dinner, a beef terryaki stirfry with thin noodle it's waiting for me to get some but my right thigh went numb so I have to sit for a bit and let that relax some what.
    @Tabatha_Cain must have been really nice to sit around that fire pit and enjoy some smores too. I hope today was a good work day for you.
    @Patti241 glad you got out for a walk, the most I got out for was to take food scraps to the food bin lol BUT I have been doing other domestic engineering so those steps are up there !
    @Lessennan oh I do love your garden, if I was your neighbour, i would be telling you how much I appreciate your effort as I am a numbskull when it comes to gardens. It is so beautiful and peaceful looking. Thank you for sharing !
    @Dianedoessmiles1 you know your limit and you know what you can and canna do and if you push it tot he extreme, except it and the reward for that. I am sitting right now because I pushed it to the extreme and now paying. AND there are other exercises that do not use the feet on Utube that i know you know cause you have posted them. Hope your afternoon is going good eh !
    The 50 yo son went to work today so it was nice to watch my videos I watch while he was at work. I am not sure if he works tomorrow, I think he just switched out his Friday for a Monday for someone. Amigo is happy on the bed listening to the click click click of my keyboard. WE are still in drought conditions. Usually it is raining, I am hopign the rain shows up SOON ... kinda fits the bible reading for this week, 1Kings l7and18!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another productive day. Studied, went for a short walk, did some exercise, dishes and laundry. Then off to work. The residents had chicken leg/thigh baked in BBQ sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, cream of potato and bacon soup and chocolate chip cookies. They really enjoyed dinner. Came home to nothing done that I asked to be done. Also Hubby decided he wasn't making grilled cheese and soup and that he was ordering out. He knows how much I hate eating out the day before weigh-in 🙄. Anyways that's my day in a nutshell.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindapost1 ,,, UGH SO SORRY you are not doing well today. Hmmm the domestic stuff ALWAYS needs to be done regardless of all else. Well, to most that is. Certainly I am in the boat of IT does have to be done. YEAH even with all I did today and yesterday I am okay. I also took a lot of time to sit here at my computer with my recliner in a zero G position so I am very very relaxed. That helps too. Please take care. Oh indeed on the reading for this week. We do not have a meeting this week, assembly this weekend on ZOOM. Likely well,, who knows,, LOL could be the last one totally on ZOOM.
    @cseguin2 ,,,, LOVE days that are productive!! Nice job on the residents food,, WOW NO WONDER they loved it!!! YUMMY Bacon soup!! That just sounds so yummy!!! I am so sorry H is being hard on you. Sometimes a mate, BFF ,, just others in our lives are not supportive for one reason or another. For some it makes them feel bad about themselves as a mate, friend, family member takes charge of their lives, for others it's a total insecurity of "oh sure now that they look, feel better they'll find someone else!" Its a rarity that happens, most are happily ,, or content enough etc to stay with their mate, friends. I
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Monday went by super fast. I literally looked up and it was time for lunch and then I got back from lunch and then it was time to go home for the day. It really is good when you like your job. I am so thankful. Even though it is a pay cut. It will be alright. I will get the pay back up. We will see how it goes.

@Lessennan - That is great. It looks great. I love your greenhouse. I need one of those.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It was so relaxing and calming. I was so happy. Did not want it to end.
    @LindieMaeP - Glad you are getting time to relax some. It is nice to be able to watch your videos in peace. For your sake I hope you get the rain you need. It has been a tough rain season
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sorry nothing was done when you got home. That can definitely be a pain. I don't like eating out the night before weigh in either. I hope it doesn't cause you to gain a lot.

Well it is time to get something to eat. I hope you all have a great day

Tabatha
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends! I hope everyone is having a great start to their challenges!

We have been pretty busy between work and school stuff and all the fall fun this time of year with our boys! Staying on plan though, still low carbing it. My husband has his follow-up blood work in the middle of the month to see how LCHF is working for his triglycerides along with the prescribed fish oil supplements. We are really hoping to start seeing his numbers come down dramatically! If not, the doctor will re-*kitten* with us and we may need to have the daily carb limit drop to less. Whatever is needed, we will do it!

I was gifted a little travel pack of resistance bands that come with a 90-day trial to workouts specific for them. My goal is to do those workouts 2-3 days per week, along with walks 4-5 days per week. Big college game day coming this weekend as well, and have been able to adapt some of our most treasured game day fare to be low carb, so weekend temptations have not been strong!

Have an excellent Tuesday!
  • Patti241
    Options
    Lindie: I got a little bit of walking in yesterday.