Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and mild day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today after school. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it! i went for a walk earlier in the afternoon and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all hope your day is going well
    @Tabatha_Cain it's on the internet
    A beautiful day, took a 10 minute walk. Trying to get out more and walk. The weather is beautiful.

Have a great day all.

“Loving ourselves is the beginning of all the love we can offer.”
    - Caroline A. Shearer
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,714 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yay for a successful car repair and mall trip! We are big mall people but more walking and food court, less shopping. We have sat in the massage chairs but never used them lol.
    @Tabatha_Cain -aw glad you got better sleep last night. Pets can be so funny. Yeah sometimes I remember my dreams and just wonder what in the world had happened. We aren't near the coast but thx for the well wishes about the hurricane. The only hurricane I ever remembered being affected by was Sandy. We had flooding and power outages.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,473 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, it's a sunny day here, still no rain in sight and no real water restrictions yet, but that could change. Quiet day today, my hipe flexor driving me nuts and very painful but hoping to continue to do stretches to help it out.
    @Tabatha_Cain oh no on the weird dream you had. When I quit smoking many moons ago - more then I could count today, I used the Nicoderm patch and at that time, most people took it off at night as the glue could give you very vivid dreams. I kept it on but did not have that many vivid dreams, just enough to remember that the patch did that, I did succeed and have been smoke free for about 20 years now and that is a great accomplishment for me. Most times I do not remember my dreams, but every once in a while, one will and when I review it seems that something I watched, read, or talked about no doubt triggered it. I don't want murder mysteries or even read about them now because of the vivid dreams and I certainly do not want that coming back. Hope this one was a one-off.
    Hi @Kurtize glad you got out for a 10 minute walk, can make all the difference for the day!
    @cormierannie we had fog today, mostly by the river - so not so much inland away from the river - it was cool to see.
    @everyone, sure hope you are having a good day and are ready to knock those LBS outta the ball park on weigh-in day. I bought new batteries for the scale - I should see what scale you got @Dianedoessmiles1 and if it is available in Canada...
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,249 Member
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,,, Ohyes, glasses are expensive!! I do not have insurance for them, I refuse to belong to an advantage plan, because my glasses are usually less than 600 (exam is covered), but I've ended up with a 20,000 bill having an advantage plan who determines if my Dr is right or NOT!! Hmmm yeah I'll trust a dr. over a paper pusher. ENJOY every bit of the ham. The scale I bought off Amazon. It's this one: (LOL A NEW laptop having to sign into EVERYTHING is so ANNOYING!) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R29FDWX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    RENPHO Body Fat Scale Smart BMI Scale Digital Bathroom Wireless Weight Scale, Body Composition Analyzer with Smartphone App sync with Bluetooth, 400 lbs. You can download a pretty neat app, but it works without it also. It's also right now under 23 in the US. WOW!! NICE DEAL!
    @CSeguin2 ,, WOW You had quite the busy day yesterday!! Sure hope today is easier!!
    @Novembergail,,, Not sure why yesterday I couldn't put a comment on your blog, all I can see is MFP messes up quite a bit, they were brought out a bit ago, and are making improvements. Like any site that has some members on for free, they need to bring in income. If they ever require us to pay, I'll quickly remind all how when Sparks closed so many had a fit and said "IF WE HAD ONLY KNOWN WE'D OF PAID!" At this point we can be smile they aren't and hope for many it'll be awhile if at all. You've done so well Gail!! LOVE how much you enjoy the fall. We know I only like it,,, cause LOLOL SNOW WILL FOLLOW!! I'll have to see if I can get a neighbor this year to clean off my car. FOR YEARS I was one of the ones who cleaned off other cars, but now I'm told by cardiologist to not have my arms up above my chest level. I do have a snow thingie,,, LOL forgot what its called,, it's blue ,,, foam so I can easily take off a tiny bit from the car without ever scratching it.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hope work went well. Got any plans for the weekend? SO SORRY about the dream, often our fears come out in dreams, but they are only dreams, not the reality of things. I'd of been surprised if it hadn't of passed, but one never knows. My GD also has a Honda, but I have NO CLUE what she does to it!! She had only 2 years ago gotten the best tires they sell, and yet, she needs to replace them already. Granted she drives a lot, but still!! YO!! When you live in the rural areas to save $$ on the cost of a house, you pay in oh so many other ways. Of course 5 years ago no one knew the situation we'd be in.
    @Patti241,,,, glad you enjoyed the walk!! Soon will you be wanting to walk inside? Do you have any ideas?
    @Cormierannie,,,, Running must be a pleasure this time of year?
    @Kurtize ,, I had to giggle today when a friend,, we've been friends since we were late teens, roommates for many years, now we live in buildings next to each other, we also share the car. Today she said "I Know you have a lot of confidence, you are so happy with who you are." She can't comprehend it, but I had to work so hard to reach this point. Still it was very worth my while. If we want happiness, it does first start with ourselves. I know we've all known others who think if "I were in love' "If I only had enough money" If only, if only, but those realized happiness comes from within.
    @Bookienj,,, LOL I wanted the food court, but that idea totally grossed out my friend!! LOL We are so different in about every way, but we both have a strange sense of humor and make each other, and more so many others laugh and laugh. A few days ago we were told "you should take this on the road." but it's off the top of our heads, and neither of us is at all interested in that. It's just fun to get others going. Very fun. What do you like from the food court? I did shop at Macy for a few new bras. OH THANKFULLY we can again go into the dressing rooms again!! During the time we couldn't I HATED buying stuff and then if they didn't fit trying to take them back.

Busy day ,, took my BFF to the Dr's after we ran 2 errands. Got home just in time to eat before another friend came over to clean. During that time my new laptop came in, it needed to be set up of course. I could not remember my user name, but that was easy to get off my computer, but the PW was such a pain, I put it aside for awhile. After that I was on in a few minutes. Set it up and here I am! SO MUCH more comfy in my bed then in the recliner, though I also love my recliner!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was more of a relaxed day. Studied, went for my walk, and did some strength. No laundry today as I want to put it on the line but rain is coming. Didn't have to wash dishes as Hubby didn't empty the drainboard and I did so told him he had to wash them. Of course still not done. Oh well. Residents had chicken breast in BBQ sauce, oven roasted potatoes, cauliflower, cheese sauce, mushroom soup and jello. Ended up working an extra half hour tonight because I had to do the other person's jobs. She is starting to take advantage of me. I didn't even get a break today from doing the cooking and still had to help her do her jobs. But not anymore. Told my friend about what happened at work and she said she would make sure I get paid for the extra 1/2 hour. I also told her next week I am not doing the mopping so if it's not done she knows why. By the time I got home it was later than usual and ended up eating wayyyy to many chips with dip. Oh well back at it tomorrow. Yay for a 3 day weekend of busy!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    p6s4kycl07uk.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are having a good morning. Today is going to be a good day. No bad dreams and no alarm waking me up in the middle of the night. I got restful sleep. It was nice that things are going well right now. I am excited to be able to get to spend some date night tonight with my boyfriend. Tonight Friday is always date night.

@cormierannie - It rained a bit last night here. So yuck. Rain stinks.
    @Kurtize - It is good to get outside for a 10 minute walk when the weather is nice. I love going for walks outside.
    @bookieNJ - I just hope everyone recovers from the storm. So many people were affected.
    @LindieMaeP - It is scary when you remember a bad dream. On October 11th I will have quit smoking for 2 years now. I cannot wait to hit 20 years.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Tires can be so expensive. To buy 4 tires for my car $868. That is a lot. Glad you got a new laptop in today.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sorry your co worker took advantage of you. You should make sure you get paid that extra time. Especially since you did not get a break.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It's 56 feels like 54 with a high of 67 for today. I AM: I am always prepared for the goodness that comes my way. Axe Sharpening: I followed the course. I kept going. Was it hard? Yes. Did I want to quit? Yes. But where does quitting get us? Nowhere.--Marisa LaRen 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy World Smile Day!!!! Action for Happiness: Look for the good in people around you today. Fitness quote for today: Your lack of dedication is an insult to those who believe in you.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: To smile is to say that there is still goodness in our world.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,210 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: At Home HIIT 3 rounds after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,109 Member
    Options
    Diane: When the weather gets cold I will be doing mostly strength exercises and i do have some walking videos that I can pop in and get my walking in that way.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful, cool sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk earlier and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing after supper to some 80's music. Happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate it this weekend! i will be spending thanksgiving day with my family. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    Do we have week 2 challenge yet
  • LindieMaeP
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Good morning, it's a beautiful morning out there, sun will be shining and the fog will disapate.
    @Tabatha_Cain congrats on being smoke free - it will come in time. I thought I would never get there, but here I am not even missing it, and I save money kinda or rather have it to spend on other things lol
    @Dianedoessmiles1 thanks for the link but I don't do US sites as the exchange is pitiful - however it was listed on Amazon.ca for 5.00 more but I no longer have a credit card. I'll look and see if I can find it locally.
    OH my the gas prices - Gene said it was showing 249.9 on a Friday morning !! Told him it is good he keeps his tank full, he can ride out these high prices and limit using his car - he can bus to some things like he does to work.
    Last night he told me he walks strange - his right foot goes out in a half circle when he takes a step... I said where you been ? We been seeing you do this for years ... go see a pediatrist !! NOPE gonna DR GOOGLE himself ...sigh ...
    Then he found 2 blankets he wanted to put on the couch, I said, NO WAY you wash them first, he said, they been in my clothes hamper thingy and I said yup for 5 years they full of dust mites and who know what all, you go wash them. So he put them in a plastic bag and I washed them.They are now on the couch and I am washing the other one as it is dirty. Plus I changed out my summer blanket for fall and washing my summer blanket - so 3 loads later ... well 4 - 3 for Gene and 1 for me. His one blanket had a lot of colours and I did not want any of them to run .. so I washed them individually. Amigo is now on the couch enjoying the freshly washed blankets lol Now I am enjoying my morning and hvaing my 2nd cup of decaf coffee - then I switch to water the rest of the day in the form of herbal tea.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,714 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol that's funny that grosses her out. Because of people eating at the same table or a lot of food being prepared close by? I prefer the food court over a sit down restaurant due to the prices and speed that you receive the food. We only have one sit down restaurant in our mall-it's red robin. Since restaurants reopened after covid, they have only had one waitress but they are bustling. Lol that's funny someone told you to take the humor on the road. Usually I get sarku (fried rice, veggies, chicken) but occasionally I get "middle eastern"-different veggies, chicken cooked differently and different rice...or chinese food. Yay for dressing rooms being open again! Yeah we got most of our stuff at Kohl's and their return line is the same as the Amazon return line so it's long!
    @Tabatha_Cain -yup I hope everyone recovers quickly also. I have been watching a little bit of the news about it.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, it is a nice day, a little overcast, maybe we will get some rain. We have never had gophers,
    so this has been quite an experience for Don (hubby). We did have a company come out who is going to help us hopefully eliminate them. Don saw one sticking his nose out of his hole, he stuck some gopher bait down there, that little devil is making a mess. The man that came out said they can cause enough damage that causes problems to the home. So hope they go away.
    Tabatha glad you got a good nights sleep.
    Wishing you all a great rest of the day, happy weekend. Some diet humor

ef2t3jmh812n.jpg

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,,Glad today was easier than yesterday. I am glad you will not be taken advantage of!! WOW that she even thought of that!! GOOD for you to for speaking up!! Proud of you!
    @Lindiemaep ,, COOL PICS!! TY TY TY TY!!
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, WOOHOO on a great night sleep!! YEAH!! Awwww hope date night was FANTASTIC!!! ENJOY!! ENJOY!!
    @Patti241 ,,, What do you do for strengthening exercises? I need to ramp that up somehow!!! WOOHOO on the videos!!
    @Cormierannie ,,, Nice job Annie!!
    @Lessennan ,, It was put up at 1:03 PM on our team. It's under the Discussion feed now. We are both on the PS4L team.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Many will probably be considering the bus before long. We do not drive that often, and will pay the prices they ask for as long as we can. LOL On the blankets Gene!! OF COURSE they need to be washed first, I wash mine quite a bit. I did giggle at that. Thanks!! Ohhh the ones who use Dr Google, when it could probably taken care of so much quicker and easier if she saw a Dr. So many do that.
    @Bookienj,, During the covid mostly everything shut down, I did amazon a lot more than I do now. Thankfully we can drop off at USPS packages we couldn't use/returned. yeah the lines were pretty long, but LOL not nearly as long as it was at the grocery store!! Our grocery store is still as crazy as ever, maybe even more so! None of us understand it, but we have no choice if we wish to shop right here. We can of course go to other stores, but we like ours. LOL APPARENTLY SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE!! LOLOL!!! With my friend and the food court, she's so much fussier than I am about food, she really prefers it be either be on the healthier side or classier than I prefer. It's always interesting. Today on the way home from Staples I suggested Chinese she wanted a sandwich. They are across the street from each other. I decided a sandwich would be better. She got an Veggie Italian, I got a regular (has ham hers didnt) from Amato's. If anyone ever visits Maine ,, an Italian Sandwich is usually on the MUST HAVE when here, from Amato's if one can.
    ey7xnbmz27mr.png
    @Kurtize ,,, LOLOLOL the 4 stages of dieting! LOLOLOL!! THANKFULLY we've all worked through the "GIVE UP" part of it. Oh no doubt we all thought about it, and may at times still think of it, but WE ARE HERE!! WTG YOU ALL!!! Ohhhh Gophers are so cute, but they do create quite a problem!! I lived in Aurora (Colorado) we got such a KICK Out of the Prairie dogs!! They are so foolishly cute!! ADORABLE to the MAX!! But if they got into one lawn, and the person at once hire someone professional to take care of it,,, it just wasn't good. See how CUTE THEY ARE??? To bad they do so much destruction.
    b0s8wphmm50s.gif

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been an odd day. Got up and studied went for a short walk as it was in the low 40s this morning. My pay did not come in today as it was supposed to. Took a nap after breakfast for 2 hours. Stopped in at work to find out what was going on with my pay. Then went to the mall to do a little shopping and have lunch out. Came home and went to my friends house. Brought her sister a birthday present and ended up going shopping with them.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2,, ,, Nice on the walk!!! UGH UGH UGH on the pay, sure hope they are going to take care of that FAST!! When I first went back to the grocery store in Oct of 2020, my first check also did not come in (Paid every 2 weeks) but they were willing to do an advance. I didn't need it, so I didn't have them do that, but not many can do such. I was working because I wanted to pay the car off faster, not out of necessarity. I AM SO GLAD I did that when I did, it was in only March of 2022 my heart decided that wasn't in the cards for me, but I sure did pay off quite a bit in those few months I had!! If only my body would behave, I'd be RIGHT BACK THERE!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are having a good morning. This morning is going well for me. I am up early as I went to bed early. My boyfriend is not feeling well and so he is still laying down. He tried getting up for a bit but is now laying down again. I hope he will feel alright a little later on. I hate when he is ill. I want to make him better and I cannot. It is gut issues and I cannot make those better.

@Patti241 - That is a good idea. Walking videos are a good idea.
    @cormierannie - Glad everyone is doing well
    @LindieMaeP - It is nice not spending $10 a pack. That is how much the most expensive pack is right now. Most are close to that in price. Gas prices are high every where I think. Here it is 4.099 a gallon. So pretty expensive and the price changes almost daily. I agree that you have to wash the blankets before just putting them on the couch.
    @bookieNJ - The return lines are ridiculously long. I love Kohl's though. It is a great store.
    @Kurtize - I think I am in stage 4. I personally believe that stage 3 should be stage 2. That is how it was for me. I hated everyone who was not dieting with me.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I think Italian food in particular is amazing. I love Italian food. I am Italian so that does count. My great Grand father came to America from Italy.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Weird that your pay did not come in. I hope everything is ok with that. Did you have fun at the mall?

Well it is time to get some food in my belly. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,109 Member
    Options
    Diane: I do step ups and just started using the kettlebell.