Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Aw we don’t have Shaw’s or Albertson’s. Our store doesn’t seem to have the quality thing-it’s hard to return stuff.
    @Tabatha_Cain -Aw I am sorry!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,893 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. I don't know where the time went today. I did get in my PT exercises then we went shopping and now I am tired, my plan was to clean bathrooms, maybe tomorrow. I am getting my hair cut tomorrow, it sure needs it.

@cosmiccurves - love the decorations
    @NovemberGai - like the story

Have a great rest of the day everyone. Hugs and blessings.

Some more diet humor LOL

cizzvd01udxy.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,465 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,,, Glad you had a very good sounding weekend!! Aww it's GREAT when the family accepts the ones we bring into it. And we are accepted into the other one(s). SWEET!! I hope he's able to determine which foods bother him!!
    @Cosmiccurves you are creative.
    @Patti241 ,, Good day Patti!! It was a cool day, rain the AM, sun as the sunset. LOL!
    @Majork ,, We have a member on our team who's also from Edmonton. Where you in the service? She was. Her screen name is Cheririddell. LOL The snow will be there soon enough!
    @Novembergail, LOLOLOL Hey I agree!! I DID laugh at that. Beautiful picture!
    @Lindiemaep ,,, WOW nice that it'll be 70. That's just about right!! SUPER COOL you are able to split your screen also!! I did enjoy the bible reading this week also. Meeting is tomorrow night. If my body WOULD ONLY BEHAVE I'd say "oh I'll absolutely be in person!" But it doesn't like to behave!!
    @Bookienj,, that'd be harder. I am so happy Shaws which food isn't great and often it'll spoil fast , will be gone. You may remember in Sept we had the big BBQ and the corn from Shaw's,,, all 60 ears were NOT ANY GOOD!! YO!! Had the guy who did the shopping used Hannaford, we'd of gotten back double our money and 1 dollar more. But at Shaws LOL I am not sure if he told them.
    @Kurtize,, HAHAHAHAHA On the cartoon!! LOLOL Okay!! LOL!!! is PT Still helping? HOPE SO!!

YUMMY I am sitting here eating some homemade chili (SMALL BOWL!! About 3/4 of a cup) and 2 small corn muffins so nice and warm just out of the oven. YUMMY indeed WINTER TIME IS ALMOST HERE!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,395 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a good day. I am ready to start the day and get stuff done. I feel great this morning. I got a good workout in yesterday. My BF is doing well with his Gut issues. He goes and sees his doctor tomorrow.

@cosmiccurves - That is great. It looks really good.
    @majork29 - It is suppose to snow here in Michigan later this week I believe.
    @NovemberGail - That is a funny joke. Love the Autumn photo.
    @LindieMaeP - This weekend at church we studied Matthew 20-27. It was all about helping people and being kind. It really hit home for me. I love your photos. Amigo looks so cute in the photo.
    @Kurtize - Time went super fast yesterday. It was crazy how fast.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,249 Member
    Options
    Lindie: My day went okay yesterday.
    Diane: Hi

Will be going for a walk later today.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,490 Member
    Options
    It's 62 feels like 62 with a high of 77 and light rain this morning. I AM: Every day I discover new things that bring me joy. Insight quote: Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible!"--Audrey Hepburn Axe Sharpening: If you don't want to do it for yourself, do it for those around you. Your kids. Your family, Your friends. Be that example that we all need in our lives.--Dale Beatty 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy International Day of the Girl!!!!! Action for Happiness: Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward. Fitness quote for today: We all have busy lives…It's not about having time, it's about making time.--gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Increasing your trust in the Universe will reduce your frustration. Have faith instead of worrying.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,219 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: 5 RFT and 20 min Cardio after breakfast.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,671 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful, mild sunny day here today! my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! my daughter works at her part time job after school today. she is doing really well in school and she enjoys her classes. i did a strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. my daughter and i spent the afternoon yesterday with my parents, my sister and her friend and one of my uncles and aunts, at my uncle and aunt's place. we had a thanksgiving lunch and caught up with what was happening in everyone's life. it was an enjoyable afternoon. my uncle and aunt have a really nice place. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi all, got my hair cut and I really like this salon I went to and the hairdresser was really terrific. Right now feeling lazy but need to get myself moving.
    Hugs and blessings to you all, have a great day.

Just keep taking chances and having fun. Garth Brooks
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all, fall has finally showed up to the calandar - very cold last night, or chilly compared to what we have been having. Nice warm afternoons and cool nights, I can wear my new hoodie at night now - still have my bedroom window open, it's open all year round except when some truck is parked out front, or on zoom then might have to close it. Got 2 loads of laundry done this morning and now debating to clean bathroom of dustbunnies or not. They always congregate no matter what I do !!!
    @Tabatha_Cain glad you had such a nice weekend, how was your day at work ? That's a good bible reading too eh !
    @Kurtize - nice to have a haircut. I am holding off for a bit, not sure what I want and what would suit this old face old lady - don't wanna look doudy but don't wanna look like a young cut on an old foogie kinda thing. So wait I shall. I do prefer short - pixie short !! Hope you found your groove and became unlazy lol I am feeling that lazy right now actually.
    @cormierannie sounds like you had a lovely time for the holiday, nice to get together with family eh ! Hope your day went well.
    @Patti241 glad your day went well and hope today did too !
    @Dianedoessmiles1 be happy and zoom if you need to, better then missing altogether - glad you enjoyed your chile, yes the biblereading this week, last week and next week are so exciting !! So much action in it !! No meeting for me tonight, as Saturday is streaming the C.A. woohooo. I am ready ! Well Amigo just upchucked and I gotta go clean it up... love his gifts... sigh....
    if you all are having cooler nights, how about a nice fire in the fireplace and cuddle with your furbabes ??
    zas6j55tqg9e.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, Glad today is a good day!! LOVE THAT!! Did BF Dr. help? Or does he have tests to be scheduled?
    @Patti241,, Glad the day went good!! A TRUE PLUS/PLUS!! WOOHOO!!!
    @Cormierannie, , WOOHOO for such an enjoyable day!! YEAH!
    @Kurtize,,, OH I LOVE A good haircut!! I have a friend who comes over to do mine. She doesn't work in a shop any more, but keeps up her business. She's semi retired now. She knows my hair now and does accordingly. My FAVORITE PART is she comes to my house and she does as I want!! Just saw your picture,,, it looks very nice!! LOVE YOUR SMILE TOO!
    @lindiemaep ,,, NICE when we can wear a sweatshirt outside!! LOVING the cooler air!! My window has been closed at night and most days for a few weeks plus. LOL my heat is on now, not much, but it's on. I am so worried about so many here (and other places) with the heating fuel in Southern Maine, city area at to fill up a 250 gal tank it's 1,298$ This time of year that'll last maybe 2 months so til about mid Dec, but Jan through the end of March, they'll have to refill 2 more times, and again in March for April ,, plus more if they heat hot water with it, but propane isn't much better. If anyone knows of anyone who may struggle please let them know to reach out to 211 (In the US). Many elderly will NOT reach out without help. Of course on the News (which the elderly are more apt to watch) they always say "Check out our website" which is GREAT For many of us, but not all the elderly use devices.
  • Kurtize
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It's warming up again. 81 but there is a breeze. Diane, thank you and wow that is lots of money for gas, I am complaining at 3.19 (just recently, was 3.49, then went to 3.09 and is climbing again). That was one of the reasons we decided not to stay at our daughters, where they live the closest stores were 18 - 25 miles away, we spent lots on gas than.
    Hugs all.

• LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Kurtize oh I love love love your haircut!! Now that might be what I want but I will know more closer to January and see what I have done. Right now I have not cut my hair execpt for bangs in 2 years and there is quite the growth - but I am finding since I wear it up and out of the way, maybe it is the best to have a pixie style cut - I am finding I hate hair on my face LOL and the wind always blows it onto my face lol! Thank you for sharing your selfie !!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 our heat is included in our rent but if we lost power or the furnace went out, we would definetely feel the cold and close the windows. It honestly gets too hot in here in the winter time as it heats up based on how cold the basement is, not the rest of the place. There are 2 apartments in the basement and they get colder faster then the upper floors, so the heat is now on for them and I well understand as if I was in that suit I might want the heat on too. The only time I appreciate the heat being on is when I step OUT of the shower bwahahahahaahahahahaha..... we have a lot of homeless living in tents here especially the downtown core not far from where my daughter works. It is sad, but they have these tent cities popping up all over and they have their own set of rules and laws and lots of violence there too. Not safe... I stay away from those areas. One of the reasons I like Marpole, it's too far away from the downtown core to be living in a tent here ! Some have tried but stay more downtown. Sad state of a world we have ...f or now ... it's strange not having a meeting tonight ! But I'll find something to do lol
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -oh man! That's so bad all that corn was bad.
    @Kurtize -yay for a good haircut!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

It's been a busy weekend! But trying to catch-up on everything. I have skimmed through the posts. Happy Belated Birthday to anyone I may have missed over the weekend while I have been MIA. Hugs and prayers to those who need or want them.

Saturday - went to work at 7:30 am to decorate for Thanksgiving for the residents. Then finished making cranberry sauce and Dreamwhip for Thanksgiving. Also packed and headed to my sister's. In the afternoon we went to my SILs surprise birthday party.

Sunday - Had breakfast at my sister's then we all got ready and headed to my brother's for the big Thanksgiving dinner. Had lots of food and great company. This is a picture of my one cousins son. He is a few months younger than the other one that I spent time with over Labor Day weekend.2s4gmkfq4dqy.jpg

Monday - Was Thanksgiving Day. Slept most of the morning. Went to work in the afternoon. We served the residents at the tables. They had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, stuffing, sweet potatoes with walnut topping, cranberry sauce and pumpkin or apple pie with whipped cream topping. They enjoyed it and lots took their leftovers with them instead of throwing them out.

Today - Rest, weigh and TOPS day. Lost 2.75 lbs! Not sure how with only 3 days not over in calories, minimal exercise and water. But I will take it and try to keep it going in the right direction. Made the residents Sheppard's pie, salad, soup and jello with whipped cream topping. Another winning dish with them although several residents didn't show for dinner. But when you can please the picky eaters it's a great day.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize tonight on the news they are really urging people to lock in now, sadly some can't afford to.
    @Lindiemaep ,, maybe a combo of the cut and what else you like? The hair away from the face? Our heat wasn't turned off I am quite surprised!! But, being a 55 Plus could be why. I am also so glad our heat and lights are included in the rent!! Sadly most places are pay for your heat and lights. In Portland the tent cities have popped up all over the place. What can people do? We know why though.
    @Bookienj,, AGREE!! TOTALLY AGREE!! Such a waste!! I was pretty upset cause I was going to do my herb butter, wrap them each in foil, and roast them! YUMMY STUFF!! LOLOL I still want some!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    nbteih8pkj9z.jpg
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I really like my hair as it is in this picture and may go back to this cut. The young man standing next to me is my son Gene, and the picture was taken on a ferry to Victoria Island - I forgot I had this ... YUP we know why indeed.

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,395 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a good day. BF goes to his doctor appointment today about his gut issues and we should find out what to do and how to proceed in the future. We are not sure if they are going to do more testing or just let it be since his gut is improving. We will find out today. My job is going really well. There is so much my boss is letting me do.

@cormierannie - Glad you were able to see family. It is always good to see family.
    @Kurtize - I felt lazy this morning too. I did not want to get out of bed. Enjoy the new haircut. I bet it looks great.
    @LindieMaeP - Having nice cool nights is great until it gets super cold. Way to go on getting 2 loads of laundry done. I need to get my bathroom cleaned up too.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - BF goes in today to see the doctor. We will find out if he needs any further testing. He had a colon resection done 15 years ago so who knows what might need to be done.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sounds like you are liking your new job. I think you make lots of people happy with your cooking. I think you lost all the weight because you are moving around more at your new job.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a fantastic day

Tabatha
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Good day all, it's hump day or Wednesday. I have a full day of work a head of me. I'm crossing my fingers that my daughter will get up and go to school without issues. Her anxiety is really high right now. I'm thinking that I need to call her doctor again.

I got a short walk in last night. I am trying to increase my step count.

@Dianedoessmiles1 I was not in the service. My hubby was way back in the late 80s early 90s, before we met. He did spend some time out here but mostly in Wainright, not Edmonton.