Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,490 Member
    Options
    It's 62 feels like 61 with a high of 74 and rainy this morning. Insight quote for today: Don't explain your philosophy. Embody it.--Epictetus I AM: I know that I am able to start over every day with an elevated mindset. Axe Sharpening: It's good to dream. It's better to hustle.--Jicky Li 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today. Fitness quote for today: No Pain, No gain so shut up and TRAIN!!!--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Some people look at the world and say 'why' Some people look at the world and say 'why not'--George Bernard Shaw Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 10,871 steps yesterday. Today's training plan 20 min AMRAP and Core Day 2 after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,249 Member
    Options
    Diane: I had a good day yesterday.
    Lindie: I had a good day yesterday and the day before.

It is chilly out this morning.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,671 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize : that's a great haircut! you look amazing!
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful mild day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run this morning and i enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    If your plane has landed I hope you are enjoying Victoria on the island of Victoria! Did you experience tea at the tearoom? Did you tour the museum(s) or have a horse and buggy ride around the area? Have you experienced fish and chips ? lol I know I experience the later - museum, horse and buggy ride and fish and chips!
    Here are some shots of what I saw at the museum when I went. Of course living in Vancouver, there were 2 ways to get to Victoria, by plane or ferry and we went as a family by ferry. It was a great day and the weather was phenominal for the ferry there and back! Enjoy the pics, which are also in blogs I have posted on MFP..
    q5vkjwbmta00.jpg
    7ai6o7xbtt5w.jpg
    0fd3f3g2dmxn.jpg
    n0rkys759bhk.jpg
    When we visited, the Viking display was on including a Viking Village and an area for the viking fighting, the equipment they used and their tecniques - quite interesting.
    @Tabatha_Cain, hope your BF gets some good guidance from his doctor and all is well from that point on. Interesting that your boss is giving you full control, I would caution as if something goes wrong, you may be the one it falls on - do you keep a daily journal? It might be worth while to keep one. Just experience on my part speaking, I used to work in Employment Insurance with Service Canada here in Canada and I have seen many situations but will not go into detail. I am thankfully retired and enjoy life now more then ever!
    @Patti241 hope you have another good day today too eh !!
    @cormierannie glad the birdies are doing ok and your daughter enjoys school as well as her part time job. Enjoy your day and your dancing too !
    I need to go make some stir-fry for the next couple of days so I best get at it !!

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 -aw he's so cute...love the outfit.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -that sounds delicious! Glad I'm not hungry
    @majork29 -aw I hope her anxiety is ok now. Anxiety is no fun
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,896 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. Linda I like your hair cut, looks great on you and you have a handsome son.
    Cleaned the bathrooms today, trying to clean a little each day but have to admit there are days I just don't want to move. Hope to get out of this funk soon.
    Have a great rest of the day.

j519l2zyi0se.png

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,465 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Lindiemaep ,,, Nice cut I agree!! Easy to take care of also. NICE Pics also of Victoria, we have landed our plane. We did so on Monday night. I was able to visit a Viking Museum in Norway (Country) that was so cool!! Now there IS A NORWAY, Maine, but LOLOLOL it's nothing like what I saw!
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, I sure hope that your BF issue resolves itself!! OUCH on the previous surgery!! That had to of hurt. REALLY HURT!
    @Majork29,, Oh I hope your D will be okay. I helped to raise my GD (Age 11 up she was 99% of the time with me) as a teen she went through so much anxiety plus more. We did get her a lot of help, it did mean taking her to the ER (which freaked her out even more, but I knew it had to be done she needed help immediately). In the end it all worked out much to her benefit. She was able to get help with schooling (classes adjusted, her way of learning it turned out was different then the typical child though she was doing well in school this helped so much more) as well as a therapist at school (she was so angry at the idea "everyone will know!" Came home that day (I expected LOL the slamming doors, the ROLLS of the eyes (I am the master of that though! She thought she could do it nearly as well, but nah, amateur! I offer to show her to really do it and do it very well when she was able to not get upset by it, we burst out into much laughter, but she did improve!) but instead she came in with a SMILE saying "When I got there I was so mad, but I saw a friend of mine was there, and then another joined us, and another! EVERYONE gets help!" She was shocked. I hope your D will be okay. It's so hard, and my heart was shattered when she was going through this. I am glad to say that as an adult she does still struggle at times, but overall she's doing very well. GOOD JOB getting in exercise!! The area up there is GORGEOUS!!
    @Patti241 ,,, It was here this AM, but it's warmed up it's 4:45 PM and 61.
    @CormierAnnie ,,, Nice that the weather is good out!! A PLUS PLUS!!! ENJOY!!
    @Csequin2 ,,, Awww he's a cutie and more!! Glad you had a good day. Family and friends help to enrich our lives very much so. I am sure those you served at work where THRILLED with the food! That too always feels so nice.
    @Bookienj,,, LOL I'd share too!! LOVE SHARING! A very dear friend of mine, we both LOVE FOOTBALL will come over as she's well enough to. We've been at this for over 30 years. Her cancer is back again, hopefully this Sunday we can get together. She has no clue I have her favorite beer in the fridge (another friend got it for her). We'll do it up as BIG AS WE CAN!! Likely I'll see if we should keep it to just the 2 of us (though some of my football parties have been so crowded in the past, there was NO PLACE TO SIT!! LOL!!). Normally I'd not pig out, but for her I likely will. I'll make what she wants or we'll do pizza.
    @Kurtize,, I get that!! Today I am not feeling that great (to put it mildly!) but like you there are some things I wanted taken care of so I am doing them in tiny bits. My exercise I'm slowly doing, but it's getting done also.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a productive day. Did half my walk as it kept trying to rain and it was to windy for an umbrella. Studied, did dishes and some laundry. The residents got ham, hash brown casserole, cauliflower with cheese sauce, potato and bacon soup and a choice of grape jello, chocolate chip cookies or butterscotch pudding. They really enjoyed the meal. I haven't made much they don't like. Found out today the reason why I didn't get paid yet. They claim the paperwork didn't arrive through the mail on time. So it will be on my next check.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,395 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a good day. This weekend I will be all alone. BF has some things he is going to go do with his friends and his son since it is his son's birthday this weekend. So I will be alone until Sunday. We will see how that goes. Even my son will be gone this weekend. So I will definitely be home by myself.

@majork29 - I hope your daughter got up ok for you and that her anxiety is not so bad today.
    @LindieMaeP - Love the photos. I have always been fascinated by the vikings. My boss will usually email me the things we wants me in charge of so I have documentation of him putting me in charge of those things. Thank you for the thought. I am fully documented though.
    @Kurtize - I still have to clean my bathroom. I will do that this weekend. That way I can take my time doing it and do it right.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - The doctor is scheduling my BF with a colonoscopy, and told him not to eat things that upset his gut for the time being. So he will stay on the low fiber side of things.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I hope they have the paperwork now. They could always issue a check now instead of waiting until next pay period. They just don't want to have to do the extra work.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a wonderful day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Lindie: I had an okay day. I tended to my friend who is sick.

Diane: A cold front is coming through after today. It is raining here now.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 48 feels like 47 with a high of 70 for today. Insight quote: Perfection us attained not when no more can be added, but when no more can be removed.--Antoine De Saint-Exupery I AM: I seize money-making opportunities with ease. Axe Sharpening: Don't settle for anyone who doesn't provide your life more value. Don't settle for mediocre, inconsistent, or conditional.--Marisa LaRen 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing. Fitness quote for today: I'm slowly becoming the person I should've been a long time ago.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Take a moment to appreciate the ending, because it signals the new beginning coming your way.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,340 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps in the gym after breakfast.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,671 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today, with rain on and off during the day. my daughter says hi to all. she works at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning, between the rain showers. i will be going for a walk in a while. i will be dancing after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -aw you sound like a great friend! I hope you guys can get together this sunday and eat whatever she wants! My closest friend is on vacation in Turks & cacos (not sure how to spell it) til Sunday with a friend. We text a lot and walk a lot-she isn't texting b/c of being away...
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,896 Member
    Options
    Good evening all, hope your day went well. Have a great rest of the evening

It's going to be journey. It's not a sprint to get in shape. --Kerri Welch Jennings.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

They do have my paperwork. They are blaming holidays for holding up the mail. They will only do pays every 2 weeks so I will get all the pay next Friday.

Today was another day of productivity. Studied, called bluff on the rain and completed my whole walk, did some laundry and dishes, and also cleaned out a drawer in the kitchen. My coworker is testing my patience and one of these times my mouth will not be filtered. Today she did a lot of sitting and leaving work. Who leaves 5 mins after they start? My friend told me to text or call her the next time and she will make an excuse to show up unannounced. I am working hard to get a great meal to the residents and she's not doing what she's supposed to be doing and she wonders why I go quite. Residents had Salisbury steak patty, sauteed onions and peppers, salad, soup, roasted potatoes, gravy and coconut cream pie. Actually ran out of some things. Note to self make more gravy and sauteed onions and peppers next time.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,465 Member
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,, We've got rain and wind coming in. It's just starting to arrive, tomorrow from 9 AM to 3 PM it'll be at its thing. I didn't have any plans to go out, and LOL I am glad of that! Still I can easily walk inside where I am. EASY to see why they are loving having you there!! YUMMY!! GREAT JOB!! Sure do hope you get your check SOON!! It had taken me a MONTH because we were paid every 2 weeks. So when they missed the first one, yup!! I wasn't as happy that the total of course was higher so were the taxes! YO! ! But, I got them back at tax time.
    @Tabatha_Cain, do you have any family/friends you wish to visit? or a lovely ME WEEKEND? Ahhh soaking in a nice tub (LOL After the cleaning of the bath room), music going, maybe a glass of wine? Or a shopping trip? Or reading what you want, staying in jammies? LOL I glance down, that's ME right now! LOL! Glad BF Dr has ordered the coloscopy.
    @Patti241 ,,, That was so kind of you to help your friend!! That's very nice!
    @Cormierannie, so many areas need rain. To bad it can't be shared around huh?
    @Bookienj,,, THANKS!! Yes she is. Hope your friend comes back full so many fun stories that you both laugh and laugh having a GRAND TIME!! So many do not have what we do, I feel for them.
    @Kurtize ,,, It was an okay day. Not by good by the physical stuff, but a friend came over to clean. I worked on a painting I am doing. I LOVE it from a distance, but not so much close up. LOLOL This will be my 3rd redoing parts of it, but that's a part of why painting is so much fun. If we do not like it we get a REDO!! Same with our taking care of ourselves, it's progress, not perfection. On the Positively Strong 4 Life team, we adopted the lion as our animal, so we really say "Progress NOT PURRFECTION. Love it,, that has Izzy's approval.

or99rux2ct50.jpg

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,395 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a good day. We have date night tonight after work. We are meeting in Wayland to go to a restaurant. My BF best friend is moving to North Carolina and this is his farewell party. So here is hoping that it goes well. I have not had a chance to meet the best friend yet. So I will meet him tonight. I am nervous.

@cormierannie - We actually got sleet yesterday. I am not looking forward to any snow or anything. It is too soon for that stuff.
    @bookieNJ - Sorry your friend has not texted.
    @Kurtize - Hope your day goes well.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I am sorry your co worker is not helping like they should. At least your friend will be there for you should you need the help. Salisbury Steak is so good
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am actually going to go visit my daughter Saturday. Then when I get home from there I plan to finish the weekend with me time. I am looking forward to it.

Well it is time to get ready for some breakfast. Have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 40 feels like 40 with a high of 80 for today. Insight quote: Life is a balance between holding on and letting go.--Rumi I AM: I am thankful for how the Universe watches over me. Axe Sharpening: It's Okay to pause and celebrate those small victories as long as you're not losing sight of those long term goals.---Kenny Clayborn 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation. Fitness quote for today: It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day. That's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: One thing life has to offer.. lots of tomorrows.-unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,975 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Truck Unload this morning then after my flu shot either Back/Biceps or 45 min walk on Assault Runner will depend on what the Pharmacist tells me.
  • Patti241
    Options
    DianeL Yup. I think I am coming down with a cold.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    13pj4s9vlnfq.gif
    Enjoy your weekend and what ever you have planned, have fun, be yourself and all will be ok. I am headed out to get my 2nd booster shot for covid, the experts say it will be a hard winter for covid, it likes cold weather so mask back on in populated areas and hand sanitzer when using bank machines, self serve, busses and what have you.