Walela617 Posts: 384 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Steps so far this month (Since September 4):

09/04: Watch not worn/no count
    09/05: Watch not worn/no count
    09/06: 6,164
    09/07: 12,426
    09/08: 25,320 (includes 50 minutes of Zumba class)

Tonight should be good because I walked the two miles to work, plan to walk the two miles home, plus I have a three-hour African and Caribbean dance workshop (outdoors from 6-9pm) and I might walk home (if I'm not too worn out).

I'll be doing Bulgarian line dancing for a couple of hours on Saturday night too - so that should rack up some steps, LOL!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 158.1
    CW: 157.3

Steps:
    9/6 8,176
    9/7 9,540
    9/8 8,018
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    CW: 194.2

Got the diet a bit more under control after the holiday weekend.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @Walela617 way to go this week, you rock!!
    PS. I love Zumba !!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    9/7-8,684
    9/8-6,346
  • CasandraW
    Options
    @Pupowl speculaas cookies are delicious. We always call them windmill cookies.
    My moms parents immigrated to Canada in the 50’s from the Netherlands. We still have a few food traditions.
    Can’t wait to visit again, I haven’t been to the Netherlands since I was 8. We had some family visit over Christmas just before COVID, they were so excited for a White Christmas. 😊
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday

Hi @bearchested ...wtg on your loss this week. You asked to be moved to the Support team for a while to work on body comp. Are you wanting to be moved back to active now? While in the Support team, you don't need to report your weigh ins, but you can still chat and participate in the step challenge. Let me know as I'm not sure what to do with your weigh in. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bassclef
    Friday
    PW 186
    CW 184
  • CasandraW
    Options
    @bassclef fantastic !!!
  • CasandraW
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 235
    CW 231.4

My weight has been a yo-yo recently. I hope to continue this downward trend
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 149 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 210
    CW: 213.8

WTF??? Ugh, what a horrible week. I was traveling for much of it, and I never do well away from my routine and eating in airports and hotels, but almost a 4 pound gain? Seriously? I am beyond dejected (and I have 2 more trips over the next month). I need some help and guidance; I don’t want to get so down that I spiral and just give up. Some support would be greatly appreciated 💜. On a positive note, I should also say that my doctor started me on Mounjaro (injectables) yesterday, so hopefully that will help.
  • CasandraW
    Options
    @nancyinmo do you think it could just be water retention from increased salt and carbohydrates? I can easily be up 5lbs from pizza night but it goes away in a couple days
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday

Hi @bearchested ...wtg on your loss this week. You asked to be moved to the Support team for a while to work on body comp. Are you wanting to be moved back to active now? While in the Support team, you don't need to report your weigh ins, but you can still chat and participate in the step challenge. Let me know as I'm not sure what to do with your weigh in. Thanks!
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8 I'm sorry, I thought I still had to report my weight weekly on the support group. Please ignore the weigh in.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @nancyinmo - The MFP ‘must read’ recommendation for motivation and support highlights this thread about short-term versus long-term perspective on how to reach a healthy weight and maintain it over time. It might help you continue to engage in the process of improving instead of giving up your vision for the future.

We can learn a lot about what works and doesn’t work by reflecting on losses and gains; so we can reinforce what works, and make adjustments when something isn’t working.

As my son often says: there is no losing, just winning and learning!

Here’s the recommended thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1343719/get-rich-quick/p1
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    nancyinmo wrote: »
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 210
    CW: 213.8

WTF??? Ugh, what a horrible week. I was traveling for much of it, and I never do well away from my routine and eating in airports and hotels, but almost a 4 pound gain? Seriously? I am beyond dejected (and I have 2 more trips over the next month). I need some help and guidance; I don’t want to get so down that I spiral and just give up. Some support would be greatly appreciated 💜. On a positive note, I should also say that my doctor started me on Mounjaro (injectables) yesterday, so hopefully that will help.

Hey @nancyinmo good morning! If you were traveling for much of the week, my guess is a lot of this is stress-induced and water retention driven. Also, if you were eating in airports and hotels, you likely had a LOT of sodium, which would also reflect the water retention. Don't let it get you down, just make an eating plan for this next week, map out your nutrition plan for the week and let it guide you accordingly. Always have a plan B for days when you're forced to eat out (one or two quick restaurant meals that are lower in fat and calories) based on whatever nutrition plan you're following. That way, if you have to make a quick pit stop, you're mentally prepared. You'll bounce back because I don't think your 4 lb gain was a true 4 lb gain...2-3 lbs if not all, is likely water.

Look how close you are to Onederland!! We're just waiting to celebrate with you. You got this girl!

Jessica :wink:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 235
    CW 231.4

My weight has been a yo-yo recently. I hope to continue this downward trend

@casandraw That's a nice loss week! Great job! I look forward to your next drop! Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    bassclef wrote: »
    Bassclef
    Friday
    PW 186
    CW 184

Great loss @bassclef !! Tremendous effort this week! Enjoy your day!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday

Jessica

@jessicakrall8 I'm sorry, I thought I still had to report my weight weekly on the support group. Please ignore the weigh in.

@bearchested Just checking to make sure I had made the proper change for you. Great loss this week! Whatever you're doing seems to be working! Let me know when you're ready to rejoin the active team and I'll get you changed back from the Support Team. How's your training going? You said you're working with a trainer? What kind of a plan does he/she have you on? Would love to hear how it's going! Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Just a couple more thoughts @nancyinmo

If you think about the number of calories it takes to gain 3.8 pounds, you can get a better sense of whether it’s a true gain.

While not exact, a pound equals about 3,500 calories so you would have to eat approximately 13,300 calories over your maintenance level to gain 3.8 pounds. So, an objective review of your intake will likely give you a better picture of the weigh in. The scale is one data point; it’s helpful but not the full story. Hang in there!
  • jessicakrall8
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Step Challenge Request

84ey0o7hr5dl.png

We're now finished with our first week of Sep and I'm still awaiting complete numbers for Aug for our step challenge. Walkers, please be diligent in checking the chart and posting your steps every few days. It makes the maintenance of the stats so much easier. I don't like to have to hound everyone for reporting.

I would like to have Aug wrapped up soon in order to announce our winners and move our focus to Sep. Above is what I see for Week 5 of August, so please report any missing steps sometime this weekend. As always, if I missed any days, please let me know.

Thanks to all our steppers for your participation and in helping me keep up with our stats. Hope you're out walking today!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.