Options
    Username: kcpond

Weigh In Day: Wednesday

PW (Previous Weight):245.7
    CW (Current Weight): 244.8
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been mostly lurking the past couple of weeks. It's been busy and stressful.

All 3 kids are back to school, and all in different places.
    My oldest (almost 18) started at college today, we moved her a few hours away into residence on Saturday. Lots of prepping and packing leading up to that day. She is settled and doing great so far.

The next (16) has chosen not to come home after completing the residential treatment program they were in, so I had to help move them into another housing place. This time it's a room rental in a youth house that has support staff there during part of the day to help with the ins and outs of living independently. Lots of paperwork, moving and stress with this one. Because it is their choice not to move home they have applied for government support to pay for rent, bus pass etc. This application is still not approved, and hopefully will be soon.

and lastly (10) started at a choir and orchestra school today. This is a new school with mostly all new kids, she has one friend from her original school that applied and got in as well. I think she will excel at the new school but she has been a bundle of nerves. So much change for a child. 2 siblings moving, she is closest with the oldest and misses her terribly already :(

We will slowly settle into our new routines and adjust to having only 1 kid at home. Hopefully the uncertainly with all the moving is past and the financial support comes through for my 16 yr old. If not, they will have to move home and that will be a whole new can of worms again.

Thank you for reading if you got this far, and I wish you all well on your vacations, family medical treatments, kitchen renos, job/career decisions, company website building, new health programs.

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-167
    Current weight-165.6
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Is anyone else cooking in the heat? It is suppose to be 105 today, Its freaking September in Montana for crying out loud, it should be in the 70s, ugh. But there is a cold front coming and tomorrow will be in the 80s and Friday the low 60s, YAYYYYY. it has been 2 months straight of upper 90s and 100s, if I wanted to live in these temps, I would move to Arizona, ugh.

I did get myself up to workout this morning. I did a 1 mile run followed by some chest and back. I didnt do a lot of lifting though because my arm is still sore and bruised and a tad swollen, but I did what I could handle.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    kcpond wrote: »
    Username: kcpond

Weigh In Day: Wednesday

PW (Previous Weight):245.7
    CW (Current Weight): 244.8

Hi Kevin (@kcpond):

I had no weigh-in for you last week and the week before, it was reported as 244.5. I'm not seeing 245.7 in all of last month's posts. Please advise. I will record your 244.8 from today but please let me know where we're off from August. Could you have weighed at 245.7 and forgotten to post it perhaps? If you find that I missed the posting, please let me know.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hi Y'all:

I'm taking this vacation thing quite seriously...slept in this morning, then got up around 8:30, walked a mile...did some work around the house. Fixed/ate lunch (trying to clean out my freezer so it was an odd and ends meal, but I did steam some broccoli and ate a banana so it was fairly balanced)! After lunch, I did a few chores around the house, emptied the trash, cleaned the poo box, washed my few dishes...then walked a 11 minute aerobic sprint to get the heart rate up...knocked out another 1200 steps! Trying to do one of those daily if I can! Getting ready to read for a while. It's a quiet day at the house today...electrician was rescheduled, so gave me a "me" day. I like it!

Trying to figure out now what to do for dinner tonight. Might go to Harris Teeter and get some baked chicken and steam some veggies in the microwave. Getting pretty tired of sandwiches, so trying to shake things up. Only a few more weeks and then the remodel will be done and I'll have a stove again! WOOHOO!

Enjoy your day!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 - I’m glad to hear you are feeling relaxed and enjoying your vacation. It must feel bright and cheery at home with your newly painted kitchen. Nice idea to get some household chores done, and put your steps behind you, so you can read without any distractions. Keep up the good work with your step counts and enjoy your reading!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @angmarie28 - Wow! That’s quite a heatwave for Montana! Today, it’s cooler than usual for this time of year in Virginia but I still don’t plan to turn on my oven to cook dinner tonight. I’m going to use the stove top to cook Japanese curry. I know many people barbecue outdoors on hot days but I can’t stand the mosquitoes!

I grilled at my mother’s house last week so I wouldn’t heat up her kitchen and that worked perfectly. She doesn’t get as many mosquitoes on her back porch where the grill is; so, it was pleasant for her inside. I had the grill heat up high to cook steak and baked potatoes so it was still a little hot for me but only when checking the progress and taking things out when ready.

In Boston, most old houses don’t have central air conditioning - and the noise from the open windows in the city can sometimes get loud - but I don’t mind much. I got used to it growing up and I like to hear people enjoying summer nights.

I’m glad the string of hot 🥵 weather is likely to end for you soon. I’ll be thinking of you today as you weigh your employment options. Best wishes to you! I hope today’s meeting brings clarity to your decision.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @CasandraW - You’re dealing with a lot of transitions and emotions. That can be exhausting, even without the physical activity of moving. I hope the financial support comes through for your middle child soon to give you some peace of mind that they will be able to adjust to the new living space and continue to make progress toward independent living. It’s not easy to watch our children suffer. I hope everyone adjusts to college life, independent living with their peers, new school, and adapting to changing household dynamics. Sending good vibes that the new routines settle into place soon. Take care of yourself and remember to breathe deeply when you need a break.
  • angmarie28
    Options
    9/6-6,201
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    I have seen the kitty several times, and thankfully she looked better again. …

I am glad the book has been helpful! Dementia is such a hard illness to deal with as a loved one. …

When I am in the mood, I average around 5 books a week (if they aren't crazy long).

@Pupowl - That’s good news about the cat, a true survivor it seems!

Wow! 🤩 You are a voracious reader. Good for you! I’d like to read more —

I’ve used lots of strategies from the book with success. My father in law is such a sweet and gentle man. I love him so much! Lately, some of his behavior has been scary to a couple of people who feel more stress when interacting with him, and he’s continuing to decline, but he’s lived a long and satisfying life so I just want to make this final phase as comfortable as possible for him. Thank you for your supportive comments!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Steps 7 September: 20.319
    Hello Shape Shifters. I had an okay day. Decided to clean some upstairs and washed my bedsheets. It was really lovely and chilly in the morning, but it ended up getting quite warm during the day. I think the weather had a lot to do with how bad my headaches were yesterday. Since I was washing my bed, I couldn't take a nap. I had a hard time eating as well because I was a little nauseated. At night it isn't that warm anymore, so I properly made my bed with a thin summer blanket. I was still way too hot, so I had to pull out the duvet again in the middle of the night. It's really annoying trying to figure out what blankets work. I have 3 near my bed so I can throw stuff on and off depending on my needs. That is also why winter is the best; you can just huddle under a thick duvet and be cozy. I had 3 mosquitos bother me throughout the night as well which was awful. Then Tinus came upstairs meowing at around 6:10 in the morning. I wanted to sleep some more, but 10 seconds after laying back down after some cat cuddles, I had a 4th mosquito show up and buzz around my head. At that point I was extremely annoyed and grumpy and wanted to set my room on fire, so I decided to just get up. :wink: When I came downstairs and turned on the light, I found a slug making a slimey trail in the middle of my living room, how lovely. I count myself lucky I didn't step on it since it was exactly in the path to the light switch. He is now being slimey outside again, where he belongs, and I have no idea how it got inside in the fist place. Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @pupowl - Mosquitoes are the worst. Your slug story made me smile though. I agree that you’re lucky you didn’t step on it before turning on the lights. I stepped on one while camping once — yuck 😬

Transitions can be tough, even just seasonal adjustments can through us off. I think the pressure changes in the atmosphere can sometimes cause headaches. At least, when I lived in Japan and got them, that’s what some friends said. Hang in there with the fickle weather. The cooler weather will be here soon!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited September 2022
    Options
    It’s Thursday! — Time to make sure we remember to quench that thirst.

Recently, I learned that drinking water also helps prevent dementia symptoms. I know that water helps with many aspects of our health, but I didn’t know it helped deal with aging. Good for me to learn at age 56!

I’m not doing as well as I should with my water intake today. I worked out a lot this morning, so I’m going to drink some water now.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    So, question for yall. Are any of yall using a probiotic? How did it work for you? I started 1 last week. Anything I should know.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @pupowl I like a little weight in my bed covers, but don't like to be hot at night, so I use Egyptian cotton sheets (at least a 600 thread count--cool against the skin) and a bedspread made of chenille because it's also breathable like the cotton sheet and still gives a little weight to it. Never wake up sweating again since I switched to that. There are all kinds of lovely colors and patterns to choose from and watch for a really good sale to save as chenille can be expensive. Hope you find something that works...and you really need two to switch out when you're changing the bed. Something to add to your Christmas list with relatives perhaps! Good luck ... nobody wants to be miserable when trying to get rest!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited September 2022
    Options
    cn0lx0cun69h.jpg
    Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @Rachelw124
    @JenHul
    @laceyf53
    @angmarie28
    @Walela617

Please report in and help me stay up to date on our stats. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Here’s my weekly maintenance report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 127.7
    CW: 127.3

SW: 168
    LTD: 40.7

I just realized I forgot to report my weight last week. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    An explanation but not an excuse …

@jessicakrall8 - I appreciate all the work you do as team captain so I apologize for skipping last week’s weigh-in.

I was in Boston helping my son move, getting my mother’s car repaired and registered, and supporting my mother, great-aunt, and father-in-law with some other things that needed attention.

It was a very productive and rewarding trip so this is not meant as a complaint — but I was already busy juggling my usual work and also tasks I needed to get done for the company website I’m developing. I’m working with a mentor through the City’s small business development center and had a deadline to meet on Friday. 😅 Whew, I met the deadline but now I’m on a tangent … 🤦‍♀️

Anyway, here’s what happened…
    My mother’s scale reported a much lower weight than my typic weigh-in, so I figured it was inaccurate. Then, my son’s scale needed a new battery; so, I put the item on my ‘To Buy’ list, but I ended up forgetting it while shopping. 🙄

I was shopping on my last day in Boston and it felt hectic driving to/from my son’s place because there was a big football game on campus. I still needed to do a few last-minute chores for my mother and catch the T (subway; tube) to the airport; so, I was worried about getting to the airport on time to catch my flight later in the afternoon.

In my rush, I forgot to let you know about my need to skip the weigh in. At least my report doesn’t factor into the team score. Thanks for understanding!
This discussion has been closed.