Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal I apologize, my friend...I must admit that I forget to scroll down to the Goal zone when I do my reminders. It was not intentional. Thanks for reporting in! Great week this week! WTG!
    Jessica :blush:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    cn0lx0cun69h.jpg
    Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @Rachelw124
    @JenHul
    @laceyf53
    @angmarie28
    @Walela617

Please report in and help me stay up to date on our stats. Thanks!
    Jessica

I posted it about 10 comments up from this, but here it is again

Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-167
    Current weight-165.6
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The heat is finally taking a break, thank goodness. Yesterday we broke a heat record by 5 degrees, it was misserably hot, today however I have my office window open and enjoying the sound of rain, its 70 degrees out and it feels so nice.

Didnt get enough sleep, one of my kiddos wasnt feeling well last night, so he got to stay home today, and I was too tired to get up and work out. oh well. Never did have that meeting with my management yesterday, but they did message me today offering me Noc shift. Although this would work great for my kids school schedule, I just can not do NOC shifts anymore, but then I found out the one co worker that literally no one likes because she starts crap and doesnt do her cares, and honestly is a bad person, was let go yesterday, so I could possibly take her day shift, but we will see what they offer me for pay. They are suppose to discuss what they can offer and get back to me, so we will see. Honestly Im kinda just over this school job. It has its perks for sure, but all day long kids are in my office trying to go home, and its the same 5 kids every single day, and 99% of the time they are fine, but just want to get out of school, Im just kind of over it.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just catching up reading everyone's posts,sat in a bar whilst my hubby keeps score of the Manchester United game was on ! No bars were showing the game as a local Greek team Olympiacos was playing at the same time.It has been quite difficult to keep my eating under control as where we are staying puts on a lovely breakfast.I filled in the healthy options for choices but the owner comes with sweet of the day & then you feel obligated to eat it !
    My back has still been sore so swimming is sadly still painful.However we are having a lovely time & walking most days.
    Hope all the team are OK even when facing struggles & challenges.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited September 2022
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »

I posted it about 10 comments up from this, but here it is again

Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-167
    Current weight-165.6

Sorry @angmarie28 but the way they now tell you how many unread messages doesn't always help me catch them...guess I'll have to start going back a page to make sure none are missing. Wasn't intentional...thanks for the reminder...Nice loss this week too! :smile:
    Jessica

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    So, question for yall. Are any of yall using a probiotic? How did it work for you? I started 1 last week. Anything I should know.

Years ago, a friend of mine wanted to use a probiotic and encouraged me to order some with her because she wanted me to split the cost. So, I took the recommended dosage - two pills - until they were gone. I didn’t really feel too differently but I think it gave me a bit more energy.

TMI Alert here … 💩
    I don’t suffer from constipation but I’m definitely not as ‘regular’ as some people. So, the biggest difference for me was in the area of ‘waste management’ 😆. I had more regular bowel movements but sometimes I felt as though the probiotic sped up the ‘waste elimination’ too quickly and it was not as solid as I’d like. Sorry for the ‘loose’ talk but @Armygirlarmyof1 asked! 😬

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program …
    So, my only caution would be to try the probiotic when you’re home and can be attentive to how it affects you. For example, you might want to start out with half a dose to monitor the results (especially if you are short, like me. I’m just under 5’4” tall).

My husband has a bottle of probiotic supplements and he hasn’t finished them. Your message just prompted me to consider finishing the remaining half bottle of supplements. Now that I know more about probiotics, I can pay better attention to any positive or negative effects.

I’m curious to hear from others and look forward to learning what you think based on your experience @Armygirlarmyof1.

It seems as though healthy people can take them without any problem, but the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) and National Institute for Health (NIH) advise people with compromised immune systems and some other conditions to check with their doctor for guidance and supervision. Here’s a link to some more information, if you are interested:

https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/probiotics-what-you-need-to-know
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Thank you for the tips for bedding. Chenille doesn't seem to be a thing here, I can't find it anywhere online. Egyptian cotton is way out of my budget unfortunately! I am more of a 20 bucks Ikea bedsheet kind of girl, lol. I feel like in summer nothing will work for me. Blankets are just too much so I usually end up sleeping under the empty bedsheets which is fine. I might try a bamboo duvet since those are also pretty cool. I will buy 2 new sets of bedsheets soon though. Not having a spare is a little annoying. I also noticed that my pillowcase is so used up that the color is fading a lot and the material has gotten so thin that it is getting holes in it. So it's time for something new for sure. It feels like every month there is something I need to replace and it is really frustrating me. Everything is expensive; with the insane energy prices and food also costing more, I can really feel it in my wallet.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Steps 8 Sep: 20.187
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Thursday morning started with a fair bit of thunder. I had just turned on my pc when it started, so I had to shut everything down again. I decided to start a new book from my small unread pile (physical books) and I really loved it. I am almost finished with it now. Attempt 2 to use my computer was also foiled since there was more thunder. I know most people don't take any precautions with thunder (don't see it here anyway), but I am one of those weirdos who shuts everything off and unplugs everything. It doesn't make your house less likely to be hit, but if it does happen, at least nothing will be damaged. If something is plugged in and turned off, it can still be destroyed by lightning so I rather be safe than sorry. My mom didn't know this; I had to look it up and show it to her because she was 'making fun' of me. She didn't know taking a shower during thunder wasn't safe either. I wonder who I learned all that from then. Anyway, nothing happened with the thunder and the break from my computer was pretty nice. I had some tea with speculaas biscuits (they are the bomb to dunk in tea), watched the birds and read a lot. I also had fun stepping in the living room to music. It was raining a lot most of the day, so Tinus obviously wasn't interested in leaving the house. I got my second hand Teva sandals delivered and they are still in really awesome condition. I ended up paying around 22 euros for it with shipping and new they cost 60 so that was totally worth it. The next time I go for a walk, I will try them out.
    Here are some pictures, and some of Tinus too because he is adorable (he likes nose pets, he is weird). happy Friday everyone <3
    gs6sj61yitdm.png
    8reci0x1sfyb.jpg
    oyvqf0eo6wm4.jpg
    9brnq2gbfvh0.jpg
    3knla6qoc9g5.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 9/6: 17,398
    Wed 9/7: 10,885
    Thu 9/8: 11,422
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    Cw:242.9
    Not sure about my previous weight, I did miss last week's weigh in.
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nataliewr0403
    Saturdays
    PW 136.5
    CW 135.2
    LTD. 68 lbs

Step goal 7000
    9/1. 11,691
    9/2. 10,066
    9/3. 14,092
    9/4. 10,755
    9/5. 9,581
    9/6. 8,375
    9/7. 11,845
    9/8. 12,319

Ok peeps, I am reporting early today and I will be off line for about 2 weeks. This is my real vacation celebrating 30 years with my hubby.

I saw in Instagram this guy from PA that quoted: Don’t quit because if you quit, you’ll go back to where you first began and when you first began, you were desperate to get to where you are right now. Keep going!

It keeps me going, hope it helps you keep going too.

• pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW 197.4
    CW 198.6

I'm not feeling bad about this little gain. It was a week of transitions for our family. I managed to get to bed at a decent time every night (one of my Sept goals), fit some good workouts in, keep daily food logging and I'm feeling good about all of that!

Happy Friday!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @Nataliewr0403 WOW, happy 30 years to you and your hubby!! Enjoy your vacation!
    I like that quote that you shared, it's so true!
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 145.6
    CW: 146.4

I have been walking to drop and pick up at school, so it is about a 30 min walk in the morning and afternoon. I also do 30 mins of weight and circuit training on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. I have completely changed my workout routine, which is awesome. I've also started drinking way more water on consistent days. My only issue is eating. With all the stressors recently, I've gone back to emotional eating like crazy. I need to get back to logging everything, because I'm gaining weight like crazy. Really sad about it.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    September week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday, September 9
    PW: 225.3
    CW: 226.5 ( gained 1.2 lbs; 0.53%)
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    Thank you for the tips for bedding. Chenille doesn't seem to be a thing here, I can't find it anywhere online. Egyptian cotton is way out of my budget unfortunately! I am more of a 20 bucks Ikea bedsheet kind of girl, lol. I feel like in summer nothing will work for me. Blankets are just too much so I usually end up sleeping under the empty bedsheets which is fine. I might try a bamboo duvet since those are also pretty cool. I will buy 2 new sets of bedsheets soon though. Not having a spare is a little annoying. I also noticed that my pillowcase is so used up that the color is fading a lot and the material has gotten so thin that it is getting holes in it. So it's time for something new for sure. It feels like every month there is something I need to replace and it is really frustrating me. Everything is expensive; with the insane energy prices and food also costing more, I can really feel it in my wallet.

If you watch, you can find really good deals on Egyptian cotton sets, but you have to watch for them. I usually get a set once or twice a year and they last really well because of the high thread count. I can usually find a good price of about $39 for the set on sale (flat, fitted and 2 pillow cases). My sets last at least a year or two before wearing out. Well worth the cost, but just watch for the sales. Black Friday in the US is a great time I can find a great price. Amazon is world-wide I believe. I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know what I find. If shipping wasn't so insanely expensive, I'd offer to find and ship to you. Hope you find something that works...give me the names of a couple of chain stores that might be in both your country and mine and I'll keep my eye out for the Chenille. It's really nice.
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    Cw:242.9
    Not sure about my previous weight, I did miss last week's weigh in.

If anyone ever needs to check a previous weight, you can find the spreadsheets for the previous month and current month by going to ‘My Groups’ and selecting the Fat to Fit Challenge group (for me, it’s the only group that shows up). There is a message in red and ALL CAPS that reads:

To access the spreadsheet for August 2022, click on ‘August Spreadsheet.’

I’m including the link here for convenience:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&amp;target=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AQB8qoypURbQ1xuU3agJWTrXURHoAwslqwhHBZH52kA/edit?usp=sharing

We can only view the file, so don’t worry about messing up anything if you need to check it.

I think the previous weigh in was 242.1.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @pupowl LOVED the pictures...especially the ones of Tinus getting his head rubs...so precious!

@Nataliewr0403 I've recorded your early weigh-in and requested the MODS excuse the next two weeks. Enjoy your vacation and Happy Anniversary!! Nice loss this week too!

Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal I apologize, my friend...I must admit that I forget to scroll down to the Goal zone when I do my reminders. It was not intentional. Thanks for reporting in! Great week this week! WTG!
    Jessica :blush:

No worries on my end. I just didn’t want to mess up your administrative records. I hope you enjoy the final days of your vacation. Happy weekend!

P.S. By the way, I made a note of your linen recommendations. After I finish my decluttering project this winter, I need to upgrade a few things. I have heard quality bedsheets, blankets, and pillows can improve sleep so I’d like to invest in my wellness in that area. Like @Pupowl , I was struck by the price of the quality products, but I think it might be worth a try. I decided to reduce the number of low quality items and taking better care of the things that make me feel good. I definitely agree that we need to have a spare set to change the bed but I don’t need multiple sets that fit poorly, etc. Thanks again for the shopping tips!
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 384 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Walela617 (Reporting WK 1)
    WI Day: Thursdays
    PW: 166.6 (09/01)
    CW: 160.6 (09/08)

This is because I had a "Condemned Prisoner's Last Meal" on 08/31 late at night; so a lot of the PW was probably fluid retained from all the sodium and not having "cleared" whatever I ate the night before - PLUS I exercised like a fiend and was very careful over the next seven days. Here are my Initial Stats, next to my Current Stats according to my home scale (definitely showing progress with my body composition:
    1yzqrparl7sz.jpg

I will report my steps in a separate post. Thanks so much and have a GREAT weekend everyone! : <3
This discussion has been closed.