WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    CW 150.4
    PW 150.6

Sorry for the delay. It has been a crazy week! I will catch up soon.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    woem4th0vsag.png
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I missed checking in the last couple of days and you can see from this morning's weigh in that spells nothing but trouble!

Tuesday night when Brad and I left the office, we had plans to go to the mall to get my rings inspected. We needed supper before, and that could have been okay if it wasn't for the dessert afterwards, and the cocktail during. I can have some of the things, but not all of the things, or at least not at all once! So, didn't stay under my calorie budget that day.

Then, yesterday I had to travel for work. I ate my meals from lunch onwards with work and I didn't have many free moments to myself. It was a rare time where I ate before I tracked, and then after the session we had a pool tournament and alcohol was flowing like crazy, so I gave up hope of tracking at all (which is rare as I usually put it in after the fact at least), but then not only that but I ordered fast food off Skip The Dishes when I got back to my room and had a total mini binge that was completely unnecessary.

So, yeah.. not the best little stretch. Things are on track today and I plan to hop on the Peloton after I am done here so I feel good about today but I am not doing so great at getting back down to my maintenance range... in fact my average weight in Sept was 169.1 and so far in Oct it's trending up at 170.4... still have time to improve Oct but I need to stop letting the excuses and little slides add up!

Wow.. this group is having an Atomic Habits moment right now for sure.. love it!

Exercise catch-up:
    10/17 - 7447 steps
    10/18 - 13606 steps
    10/19 - 9060 steps
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    PW: 187.6
    CW: 186.6
    Loss: 1.0
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    LoraineGB
    Friday
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,087 Member
    Options
    Another day wrapped up here - many hours standing, playing, and we got it all done. Two more pieces tomorrow, and it will be a wrap. The weather has been great for walking between our village and the workplace (about 3 km), so steps are not bad, and standing playing instruments for hours a day probably burns a good few calories.

Sorry you have had slightly disappointing weigh-ins this week, @lauren_989 @ashleycarole86 @conleywoods and @LoraineGB, but I am sure you know exactly what to do. Vegetables! Things you can eat in good quantities without worrying too much, and planning the exceptions so that they do not get out of order. You've got this! I love @eggfreak 's comments about the reminders, the quantities of food you can eat when it is not mainly veggies, and the sticking-with-it even-when-it-isn't-all-peaches-and-roses approach. And your food plan revisions sound great too @EvMakesChanges . Atomic, whatever it is - it sounds like plans are happening.

I'm about to crash into sleep, so last weigh-ins of the week reminder. Here is everyone still due right up through the end of Saturday:
    @Rachelw124
    @JEB03253
    @PlaneMonkey
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @bobagurl2017
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @Melissa0711
    @jane_76
    @welsh_cariad
    @kellie_erin

Thanks!!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's week wrapped up well. Hooray for the weekend. After my weigh in this week my time of the month showed up! Wasn't expecting it for almost another week so caught me off guard. Definitely explains the weigh in and being hungry.
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CW: 191.2

It's been not a great couple of weeks for eating but I'm slowly shifting my mindset back to the calorie counting. I think some of the weight gain is water weight - hubby and I had pizza last night because I didn't get home until 8 and we hadn't planned ahead.

We got a bunch of snow over night and it's making me want to eat warmer foods. So we might shift our usual dinner salads to something warmer like stews or soups
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 192.2

Squirrel brain is a thing!!!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    The October Week 4 Group Challenge is active and will begin on Sunday, Oct 23rd. Please join us as we discuss Emotional Eating and ways to combat it's clutches. Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10876383/october-week-4-group-challenge-emotional-eating#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL!

This week's weigh-ins just won't be complete without you. Please get these numbers in by first thing Sunday morning so that the tallies can be done - thanks!

@EvMakesChanges
    @bobagurl2017
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @Melissa0711
    @welsh_cariad
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm so glad there is a group challenge about emotional eating this week. Now that this period of work has ended, I no longer need to keep absolutely on track in order to meet the demands of playing difficult music for many hours a day (all while standing, of course!), so all I want to do is eat. I was SO hungry from about 4 am that it was almost impossible to stay in bed. My usual yogurt with one apple and 8 almonds breakfast was not available, so I totally enjoyed great fresh bread with amazing cheese (go, France), fig jam... Yeah. I know that today will be a day of eating! Tomorrow is airport, plane, bus, another bus, and then home - fortunately so late that just falling into bed as quickly as possible will be the smartest thing to do. I often overdo it on the snacks during travel days - added to the huge sense of relief and release following 8 days of super intense work, I will have to watch it or I'll have a very angry stomach! I will work out some emotional relief strategies before it gets to that point, I hope.

Right now, I'm going for my last long walk in St-Michel before heading for the train back to Toulouse. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    CW: 177.3
    Quick update before heading to Hanover in time for brekky then singing with the church choir.
    I’ve been in Winooski since Friday night, recuperating from the bivalent booster. It helped to slug about and rest when possible. I suspect my number is off but couldn’t double check this morning.
    I’ll be sure to double down on water and veggies to make any salty food intake thin out for next weeks weigh in.
    Ta ta for now!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

Sun 8,006
    Mon 13,513
    Tue 11,091
    Wed 11,882
    Thu 10,027
    Fri 6,709
    Sat 11,587