WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @DianaGetsFit512 Oh that's awesome that you're an optometrist! The vision team for my son totally changed his life. He has acuity difficulties and some of the brain based issues, hence a solid year of weekly vision therapy. His brain was essentially shutting one of his eyes off and some other crazy things. He still has prisms in his glasses but maybe not for much longer. I'm a pediatric occupational therapist and knew about this doctor from other families I was seeing for therapy. Really fascinating stuff! I still really struggle with mommy guilt that I didn't figure out he had vision problems until the end of first grade. He's a 5th grader now. Reading is still hard but he does his best and is definitely smart.

@PlaneMonkey Oh my gosh! You have waited this long to get in your hot tub! So glad you finally got in because you worked so hard on that.

@jugar Glad you liked the trainer and yeah for range of motion! I think building strength is a lot easier to do than trying to increase your range of motion. I think you are starting in a great place.

@ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 You guys are running around like crazy lately. I'm rooting for you and hope you can get some rest soon 💜
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

PW: 179.8
    CW: 175.8

Last week was 177 on the dot, so good progress!

MacroFactor Trend Weight: 177.7, it still doesn't quite believe I'm losing much right now. I'm declining the check-ins because they want me to go down in the 1300s calories, and I've got no one to blame for that but myself- if I don't log everything I eat, it thinks I'm making this progress on fewer calories than I am. Gotta log accurately if I want to use this tool as intended.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar , sorry for delay, and here the weight that I typed in yesterday, without hitting post reply!
    CW 170.4
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 191.8

was hoping for better but it will just have to encourage me to work harder and make good choices this weekend.

@ashleycarole86 my plans for activities this weekend are Saturday will be a hallowe'en party with former colleagues but I've set myself up as the designated driver so it's a no-brainer I will avoid all those extra calories from alcohol. I'll just have to make sure I stick to the karaoke mic and dance floor to avoid the chips and dip! Sunday is going to be a tromp through the woods at a friend's place where she hides candy for the kids so I should be able to burn off the chocolate calories there as well.

@conelywoods I've been in the tub a few times but with all the installation issues we've had with the cover etc, I haven't hopped in after a late night hockey game, which was 100% my incentive to have a hot tub in the first place! It was great to relax the muscles. My garmin showed I was at max output with a heart rate over 160bpm for over 10 minutes out of 50 which is rare for me for rec level play. The game was a toughy but we squeaked out a tie, 1-1.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    CW: 177
    Hi! I had to quit catching up with y'all and just check in for a few minutes before heading to work.
    Welcome to our new friends!
    I'll write more soon and finish catching up, too. Work at the indoor therapeutic (92 degrees) pool has been good and I'm slowly adapting to the darker season without eating as many sweet things. That'll adjust itself again by the time the holidays zoom into view. I intend to keep tracking and getting back here more regularly.
    Have a great day, everyone!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    The November chat thread is open! Please head over there for introductions, goal setting, and new month starting activities:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10876765/waistaways-team-chat-november-2022#latest

Continue October weigh-ins and other stats and discussions here.
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @DianaGetsFit512 Oh that's awesome that you're an optometrist! The vision team for my son totally changed his life. He has acuity difficulties and some of the brain based issues, hence a solid year of weekly vision therapy. His brain was essentially shutting one of his eyes off and some other crazy things. He still has prisms in his glasses but maybe not for much longer. I'm a pediatric occupational therapist and knew about this doctor from other families I was seeing for therapy. Really fascinating stuff! I still really struggle with mommy guilt that I didn't figure out he had vision problems until the end of first grade. He's a 5th grader now. Reading is still hard but he does his best and is definitely smart.

@PlaneMonkey Oh my gosh! You have waited this long to get in your hot tub! So glad you finally got in because you worked so hard on that.

@jugar Glad you liked the trainer and yeah for range of motion! I think building strength is a lot easier to do than trying to increase your range of motion. I think you are starting in a great place.

@ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 You guys are running around like crazy lately. I'm rooting for you and hope you can get some rest soon 💜

That's great!!
    You know...I'd love to know more about OT!
    We barely touched the surface while in school on what you guys can do and I recommend it to so many patients.. no clue if they actually follow through lol

That's great that he's improved so much!
    Sounds like he has amblyopia where just like you said the brain shuts off one eye either due to an eye turn or asymmetric prescriptions. Did they try patching?
    Do not feel mom guilt! It's very common because unfortunately he couldn't really tell you "mommy this eye is blurry" if it always was. That's why even when I shouldn't I try to educate on the importance of yearly eye exams as so many conditions go undetected.
  • jugar
    Options
    qgoa6ulpegdb.png

The November Habit Tracker is up and ready to roll. Get a handle on those small changes that add up to a lot of progress - and collect green check marks!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10876804/habit-tracker-november-2022#latest
  • bobagurl2017
    bobagurl2017 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    PW: 166.0
    CW: 166.7

It's been a rough month. But, hopefully November is a better month. Noticed that soda has been sneaking in, and messing with my calorie intake. Hope everyone is having a fun Halloween weekend! 👻🎃
  • jugar
    Options
    Well - what a lazy day. I think I have had enough rest now after my trip and the crazy work schedule there - enough! Tomorrow, back to my evening biking sessions, and food back in order. I always find it hardest to get back on track after a period of hard work that makes me think I "deserve" to have too much food, drink, sitting around, and general unhealthy behaviour. Some rest, sure. But all the trappings - not needed!

We're just about ready to wrap up the month now. Last call on one final weigh-in and then tallies tomorrow and a new month to get us energised and ready for more :smiley:
    @welsh_cariad I hope you're still with us! If so, please weigh in asap and we'll be all set for moving on.

Thanks!
  • jugar
    edited October 2022
    Options
    One of our new members has yet to check in - please be sure to go to the November chat and introduce yourself!

@alydanbeads

Go to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10876765/waistaways-team-chat-november-2022#latest
  • jugar
    Options
    This chat thread is now closed. Please go to November! (link just above in last message)
This discussion has been closed.