WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 150.4
    CW 151

I am so behind. I can't keep up. October was insane for me and I am ready for it to be over!!!! My weight stayed about the same all month. I really need to cut back on snacking if I want to lose weight.

Also, my field trip to the Pumpkin Patch was canceled. We had horrible winds on Sunday and several of their tents broke. They had to close Monday for repairs
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    PW 231.7
    CW 231.4

@DianaGetsFit512 Thanks for the tip. They have 30+ cases of pink eye at my sons school which started about 10 days ago. My husband teaches there and it's so bad. I have a really great eye doctor and vision therapy team for my other son who definitely has complex vision stuff. He is doing better already. What do you do for a living?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes. I’m doing well enough that I went outside and pulled up what’s left of my tomato plants. My garden is at rest. Hubby is running a fever and has an impressive cough. I have no fever, but definitely feel like I have a bad cold with an odd little dizzy here and there. @ashleycarole86 thanks for letting me know you had it twice. I was feeling a bit like a pariah. My symptoms are a bit more this time, but I am not taking paxlovid this time.

I’m happy to say I am holding on to that loss so far. I was 209.8 this am and yesterday. I have also been logging my food. That’s a pretty big deal because I can’t remember the last time I did. I know it’s an important piece of the puzzle for me.

@jugar So exciting to have time with a trainer. I totally believe having something new in the plan helps keep up the motivation/determination. Can’t wait to hear about it.

@conleywoods Sorry to hear about your little guy. Our class has had a couple cases of pinkeye. We also have two littles in the other PreK who are hospitalized with RSV. 😞

It’s a gorgeous day here. But not sure I’m going to be able to get my steps in being isolated.

@ashleycarole86 i will post my steps on another post below. No worries if you are done the results. Just add them to the month. I totally forgot in this mess.

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Steps week of 10/16

Sunday 9379
    Monday 8631
    Tuesday 8190
    Wednesday 8283
    Thursday 6343
    Friday 4067. Travel day
    Saturday 11876
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's .... Please welcome @wishfuljune to your wonderful team :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! New here... just joined yesterday to start the November challenge. My name is Cristy. I'm 48, married with 2 adult girls (19 & 23). I started off 3 weeks ago at 165 lbs and am now down to 157.2 with a goal of 145, but would love to get closer to 135 if I can. I'm struggling with pre-menopause and all the fun that goes with that including the menopause belly and difficulty in losing weight. After getting my lab results from my Dr 3 weeks ago that indicated I officially have high cholesterol after being borderline for a while, I decided it was time to get my life together. I don't want to take medication if I don't absolutely have to, so I changed my diet, starting taking natural supplements, and exercising. I'm going back to the Dr in 3 months to run labs again, so I'm hoping all of these changes will make a difference. I'm looking forward to getting know you all and being part of a supportive group. Thanks for letting me join!

You have so got this!! I am post-menopause, but went through the same stuff as you. Losing even a reasonable amount of weight will make a huge difference in your cholesterol and other stuff. I lost all the weight during menopause and have kept it off for 10 years, so use me as an example of what is possible if it helps! You CAN do this. You have to work at it, but yep - those labs in 3 months are going to look better. So glad you are here! Ask all the questions, and keep us updated on how things are going. Where are you located? We're nosy and love to know...
  • jugar
    Options
    Just found out that our department at work won't be forced back to the office more than twice a month for the foreseeable future so I am doing my happy dance! Great timing on finding out because I was about to shell out for IT equipment for my home setup that I can now forget about
    Happy dances burn calories, right? 😉
    Happy dances burn the MOST calories. It is proven. Really. I'm so happy for you!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    @wishfuljune Welcome! I see in your sign-up that you are not completely certain of your starting weight. The best thing to do, since your chosen weigh-in day is Friday, would be to weigh yourself tomorrow, Friday, and post here what that weight is. Then, always try to weigh in around the same time of day every week. Some people like to weigh in first thing in the morning before eating, but if you always weigh in around the same time of day, it does not really matter. We're always heavier after eating, but as long as you are consistent, you should have a good idea of how your weight is changing.

Some come on by and introduce yourself - we're happy to have some new members with new energy!
  • jugar
    Options
    it's that time of night - because I am
    oir5s5r9fqk7.jpg

Friday people - ready!
    @PlaneMonkey
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @LoraineGB
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @jane_76
    @welsh_cariad

Remaining Thursday people - let's go!
    @bowens1973
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    PW 231.7
    CW 231.4

@DianaGetsFit512 Thanks for the tip. They have 30+ cases of pink eye at my sons school which started about 10 days ago. My husband teaches there and it's so bad. I have a really great eye doctor and vision therapy team for my other son who definitely has complex vision stuff. He is doing better already. What do you do for a living?

Ohhhh that stinks about the pink eye cases!!
    So happy to hear your son is doing better and that you have a good eye doctor team! I'm an optometrist so as you can imagine, I'm pretty passionate about all things eyeballs lol so many people neglect eyecare so I never miss a moment lol!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    j9acrfvcpnxa.png
This discussion has been closed.