WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's.... Another new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @ashleydlevinson :)
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of our new members! This is an awesome group.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT believe we're already talking about November! Welcome @BeeHapppy101, @DianaGetsFit512 and @ashleydlevinson! This is a great group and no doubt you'll glean some helpful tips and strategies from the chat.
    I've weighed every day this week and added it to the post-it note on the fridge door. Have had 2 moments of mindless eating (the double icecream reported earlier and then last night, who was I kidding that I could have only 1 portion of tortilla chips). Otherwise, not too bad and have been digging in to the roasted veg. And speaking of veg, @DD265 Great looking harvest!
    @conleywoods Way to go on your perfect day! and @lauren_989 yay for your NSV (non-scale victory, for our new members)!
    @jugar whew a 30 hour journey is no fun.
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @jugar !
    That's my biggest struggle..I do great and then I take 5 steps back.. get upset at myself and go another 3 back
    But that's the past (I feel like a broken record by the amount of times I need to say this) I'm re-setting right now!

Pre-tracking my food for today and getting a workout tonight, wish me luck :-)

Btw..I noticed as I was browsing through the teams that there are other side challenges that occur alongside... what might those be lol?? Can I join?

Lastly, so as far as this challenge all i need to do is report my weight on here on my weigh in day?
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Welcome new teammates @BeeHapppy101, @DianaGetsFit512 and @ashleydlevinson

I have been off the rails a bit lately and I've been binge watching too much TV so I haven't progressed on my plan to become a person who works out in the evenings.... That is going to change!

I'm determined to have a reset as well and I will have a perfect day, including logging everything for the first time in months. it's time to buckle down. the season of the weakest will power is upon us. yard work has wound down and snow removal hasn't yet begun. There's a lull in my exercise calorie deficit that can't be fluffed off. Gotta get back in the good habits now.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @jugar !
    That's my biggest struggle..I do great and then I take 5 steps back.. get upset at myself and go another 3 back
    But that's the past (I feel like a broken record by the amount of times I need to say this) I'm re-setting right now!

Pre-tracking my food for today and getting a workout tonight, wish me luck :-)

Btw..I noticed as I was browsing through the teams that there are other side challenges that occur alongside... what might those be lol?? Can I join?

Lastly, so as far as this challenge all i need to do is report my weight on here on my weigh in day?

Yeah, we're all broken records sometimes. But then we break records in the right way sometimes too!

Challenges - there are generally a few kinds going on:
    • There is always a full Fat2Fit group challenge happening. They change every week, so if one appeals to you, go for it. If not - it is not obligatory. You can find them under "Announcements" from the main F2F page. This week's is on emotional eating :grimace:
    • Here on our team, the minimum is to weigh in every week. Then on Sundays the weekly tallies are done, we see who had a great week and who didn't, celebrate the teams and individuals who showed us the way that week.
    • We also have a team step/exercise challenge for anyone who loves to track. It is run by my awesome co-captain @ashleycarole86 . You can track any kind of exercise as well as steps, and she magically converts exercise minutes into steps and keeps track for us. Just post your steps and/or minutes of exercise here on the team chat thread, and she will take it from there! Some people post daily, some weekly - whatever works for you. The weeks run Sunday - Saturday.

Support - this is in most ways the most important part of what we do and why it works. Stopping by here daily really helps, so don't forget when you're having a crappy day :smiley:
  • jugar
    edited October 2022
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I finally remembered to jump on the scale this am and was happily down a bit. I have managed to log my breakfast and lunch and prelogged some of my dinner. I’m going to do it.
    Yep. You are!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Piggies need daily vegetables, tons of fiber and lots of space to roam around and explore. I think you will make an excellent guinea pig for the study.
    I always knew I had serious cred because of my diet and general nature
    I have had quite a few students with severe seizure disorders that are completely controlled by a medical ketosis diet! If ketones can have that kind of impact on their brain, I can't wait to hear more about the study. They all have feeding tubes and have no idea what bread tastes like so they are obviously very compliant with their diet.
    Hopefully I will not have to have a feeding tube! But I'll still have no idea if I am receiving the real treatment or the placebo. I'll be quite compliant about that...
    My daughter had some sudden intense pain behind her ear and her neck was stiff this morning. Long story short, we ended up at the pediatric ER. They eventually decided it was a muscle spasm that was just very intense. This was a relief because the urgent care was worried about something more serious, hence the ER referral. She is pain free now and I ended up just taking the whole day off.
    Those neck spasms can be horrible! I have finally found a physiotherapist who gave me some fantastic ways of dealing with this - be sure to bring your daughter to a good physio asap. It helps very quickly - but those pains are super scary. I thought I had a brain tumour!!
    I worked out this morning and I am really proud that I didn't go crazy and stress eat this afternoon post ER room visit.
    YOU are amazing. This is so good!
This discussion has been closed.