NOVEMBER 2022 CHALLENGES -- 11/01--11/30

Options

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    Tracking for 3 days now. It has still included evening snacks; but they are decreasing nicely {{fingers crossed}}.
    • Day 1 = 481 cal over limit
    • Day 2 = 3 cal over limit
    • Day 3 = -346 cal (under) limit
    Neighbor did a permitted, controlled burn today (after discussing it with me yesterday). He knew it'd trigger my PTSD and it did. So he was very courteous and tried to help; but it was still stressful. The reaction is automatic after recent years. :cry:

So many challenges for us...
    Looking forward to light rain tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
    hugs,
    paula
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,888 Member
    Options
    Chris that is no fun. Hope she feels better soon.

Paula I understand your fears. I am afraid of car wrecks. Been in to many. :#:#

I start my first of 3 long days. Glad Friday is a Holiday.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    Karen that looks fun. How long does it

Shelley[/quote]

Shell -- it all depends on your skin and how much you care for it. It lasts a good 2 weeks for me. An awesome women a few miles away makes the henna cones...she uses really good ingredients and lavender (we which I love.) I need to carve out more time to practice for sure.

Karen

• kjs1228
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    Shelley, my shopping for Collin and Ronan will NEVER be complete!!
    Ronan had blood drawn today. He was a champ. Sara told him she had to go in for a blood draw and covid test before Collin gets here...Ronan said, "I will go in with you and sit on your lap to make you feel better, Mom." I cried.
    Chris

Ronen is just too cute <3 him!

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Paula - 100%....I'm in for the snacking challenge! It has always been a think for me, and I know a lot of it is mindset....yes...I'm here for the snack challenge. I don't enough enough for dinner often, and instead of eating proper food, eat carbs. Not helpful!

I have my annual well check on November 22nd...I really want to be at last year's weight....about 8 pounds away ;( Work to do!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    November 30 Goal weight: 169.9

Oct 31 weight - 175.2
    Nov 01 weight - 175.2
    Nov 08 weight - 171.8
    Nov 15 weight -
    Nov 22 weight -
    Nov 30 weight -

Doing a little better with late night snacking. It was so out of control. Sleeping not much better. Now if I could just get motivated to go to the gym. My depression and anxiety is too much for me to handle right now. And I know that working out would help relieve some of the depression and possibly help me sleep better.

My mom is also having a hard time sleeping and it’s effecting her BP. She’s having very high morning readings. Her doctor prescribed something to help with sleep and anxiety. She’s been taking it for a week. Her morning readings are finally under 200 but not where it needs to be.

We’re both works in progress.

Kathy

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,404 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Kathy, I hope you feel better soon. I know walking helps me...she says as she sits on her fanny for three days in a row.
    Paula and Shelley...my fear is getting hit by a car while I'm crossing the street. Pat will thinks it's safe and start to cross and I won't cuz I can see the car coming in my direction. I was 16 when it happened, altho I don't remember any of it...they say I flew 40 feet and slid 30 feet on my face and my knees. Even tho it was a long time ago, I still get freaked out. It's there in my brain somewhere.
    We had rain in northern California this morning!! The wind is up. No walking for me. My trainer is much better. I'll be seeing her tomorrow. She said she would wear her mask to make me feel better. We'll see.
    Ronan did school with Sara this morning...she did get a taste of it :# ...then Pat picked him up for some playtime this afternoon. I'm just going to sit and read and watch the rain clouds out the window!!
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Kathy,

Your progress is impressive. Life has really been knocking you around but you're still functioning. It's truly some kind of amazing. I admire your strength so much. Hope time heals quickly. ((hugs))

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Went to an election party tonight. My SIL, Vickie, was re-elected to the SCUSD Governing Board. Very anticlimactic because when I got there, she already had it in the bad w/80% (I think) of the votes.
    7327z3ovlpqf.png
    Got home and had a snack but am still way under daily calories limit. Not feeling out of control, so maybe reasonable snacks are simply a small fourth meal.

paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Saw my trainer today for 60 mins. It went fast...we talked the entire time.
    I'll be walking to the post office and back tomorrow morning.
    Ronan asked Pat if Pat would do school with him tomorrow. Pat said, "Sure!" then Friday is a holiday.
    We are having lava rock delivered Saturday for the gardeners to spread around. I hope the cats hate it and stay away.
    That's all I have for now.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,888 Member
    Options
    Karen they sound like they stay on for quite awhile. What is a cone? Here is to snacking control.

Chris getting hit by a car had to have caused PTSD. I can only imagine how horrible it was for you.

Paula great job. Going to a party and staying under your calories was great. I also cut back on healthy foods to eat more carbs. What an addiction. It reels you in and sinks the hook in deep.

Kathy I am saying a prayer for your mom and you. I think you are right. Exercise would help. So would playing yahtzee. Anything that stimulates the brain.

Good night my friends.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    I did 6.25 miles in 115 mins to the post office and back this morning. It was cold and windy one way but not the other. It was a good walk. There were some folks out there...not many.
    Yeah, I'm pretty much out of control here. Started eating popcorn again and BOOM!! two or three pounds over-night. So bummed.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I had a late night snack attack. Had one teaspoon of chili and one of hummus; then fought going back for more. It was a successful skirmish; but a challenge while it lasted.

I joined a Hogwarts challenge and am starting each day with 15min stretches now. Hope it'll get my metabolism fired up.

Good luck all dealing with popcorn, carbs and stress. Shelley's right, exercise helps a lot. :flowerforyou:

paula
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Happy Friday and Veteran's Day ladies! Couldn't sleep..so here I am at 4am ;( Jim got home yesterday from his knee replacement. Everything went well. They did keep him overnight. They wanted to send him home same day which I thought was ridiculous. So I basically said I wasn't taking him :) great hospital and just such amazing nursing care. He's had both of his hips done there too.

So glad we have off today. I really need a day to regroup. It's been such a race getting to this surgery. Once I drop Bella off at school I'm going to go to a yoga class....really not happy with the scale this morning. Snacking has not been so great this week and I have had no time to exercise sadly.

My Hoka sneakers came in the mail yesterday. Looking forward to trying them out...you have said such good things about them!

Finished my last henna class last night...learned some great things. Now I just need practice. I'll take more classes later ror sure. Kathy - you asked what a cone was...henna paste comes in these small cones that you squeeze.

Hope everyone has a healthy day!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    Going to see my trainer at noon today for 60 mins then...maybe...go for a walk...maybe.
    No more popcorn for me. Scale came down this morning after the crazy salt attack. Man!
    I do have an issue w/graham crackers and pb&j...just did grahams yesterday. Might be very helpful and boring and, maybe, I'll stop eating them. hmmmmm
    Six days to go for Collin's arrival. :D<3
    Later my friends.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Karen, Congratulations on Jim's surgery - so exciting! He's gonna feel amazing in a few months. Till then there's some work, but so worth it! Hope you enjoy your shoes! Hugs!

Chris, Graham crackers are sneaky little cookie/cracker guys. Good luck with your ongoing relationship with them. ;)

I'm tracking again, finally, and it's really helping. In the evening when I feel hungry, knowing what I've had that day lets me know if I should just ignore the cravings and tough it out; or how much I can have it's really necessary to have something. Helps me feel a little bit in control again.

Best to all,
    Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    As I was writing above, my sister called. I thought about letting it go to VM while I finished the post, but was almost done, so I picked up and asked her to hold a sec. She started to talk, so I quickly explained, "I'm dashing off a quick note, almost done." I heard her think, but then she waited.

It only took a moment till I got back to her and said "Hey, what's up?" And she said "Teddy died."

Don't you wish you could kick yourself sometimes?
    :'( Paula

She always wanted kids badly, but ended up with a dog. Teddy was very much her first child, a Shih Tzu, Shelley. He lover her, she was his Ma. My heart is breaking.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Paula, So very sorry for your sister’s loss. I know it’s heartbreaking for both of you. So sad. Sending hugs.

Kathy
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    As I was writing above, my sister called. I thought about letting it go to VM while I finished the post, but was almost done, so I picked up and asked her to hold a sec. She started to talk, so I quickly explained, "I'm dashing off a quick note, almost done." I heard her think, but then she waited.

It only took a moment till I got back to her and said "Hey, what's up?" And she said "Teddy died."

Don't you wish you could kick yourself sometimes?
    :'( Paula

She always wanted kids badly, but ended up with a dog. Teddy was very much her first child, a Shih Tzu, Shelley. He lover her, she was his Ma. My heart is breaking.

• kjs1228
    Options
    Paula - so sorry to hear about Teddy. Pets are our family...and they don't talk back like kids! Thinking of your sis ❤️

At therapy with Bella...Jim gets to sit this out for a few weeks in his recovery. I did sneak in a good 30 min walk...trying these Hokas out! I usually get inserts from yhe podiatrist. Let's see if I need them with these.

Karen
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

It's 9:33pm; 128 calories under limit, and I want to eat something BUT I'm not hungry <-- thus, it's a craving. Gonna fight it. The outcome won't be in the history books until the night's over and a new day begun.
    :angry: :angry: STRENGTH :angry: :angry:
    Paula