NOVEMBER 2022 CHALLENGES -- 11/01--11/30

Options
1235»

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday. Ours was very nice but quiet at same time. Lots of food but I’m fighting a cold and didn’t eat that much.

Shelley, I haven’t gone back to the gym yet. I don’t know why and I know I need to. I told my BFF I would start after the first of December. It’s hard for me to leave my mom even for a little while. But I know I need to get out.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Wow Karen that all sounds fabulous. So glad Bella went with you.

Kathy get over that cold soon. And go to the gym. I am sure your mom would enjoy a little alone time also.

Still coughing. :p

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,356 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Shelley and Kathy...please start feeling better, ladies. Not the season to be sick.
    Met w/my trainer yesterday for 60 mins
    Got 5.15 miles done this morning in 93 mins. It was really nice out there and there weren't very many people out...very strange for a Saturday.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    We went for a little walk yesterday. It was almost 50 and sunny. Beautiful. Today was over cast and snowy. So stayed indoors. Attempted to lift some weights. More stretching than anything else.

Chris I was thinking you could post a side by side comparison photo at the beginning of each month. Of the boys at the same age. It would be fun to see how much they do or don't look alike.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Karen & Paula. We bought a new set of clippers for our cats nails. They are sold at PetSmart and are by Top Paw. But are actually sold for small dogs. They went through her nails like a knife through hot butter. No splintering. Best ever

Shelley

• zumbaforever
    Options
    I know they look almost the same as the ones for cats. And are 9.99 instead of about 5.00. But they are worth it. My husbands cat did not get upset and I did every single one in just a couple minutes.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,692 Member
    Options
    Shelley,

Yes! Mine are just like that but black. (The vets sold me a heavy duty pair a long time ago that looked like pliers - they were awful.) This kind is lightweight, easy to maneuver, hook the claw well, and quick to use. They're great!

Just wish my cats were tamer. They plain do not like being fiddled with - period. So if they're napping on my lap, I'll sneak-clip a few (till they notice) then wait for them to forgive me. :tongue:

paula
  • cpanus
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Sorry, not a cat person. When the kids were little they kept feeding a kitten that would come over the fence into our backyard. Told them..."Don't feed the cat." Next thing I know they have dragged the long tether ball box onto the back patio, cut a section out of it , tucked in a large towel, water bowl and food bowl and named the kitten Mike!!! Egads, man!! Had him for a long, long time.
    We went over to visit the kids and brought back Ronan to play with Grandpa. We'll be taking him home in a bit. He has school in the morning, so I must get my brain ready for a 5:20 a.m. wake-up nudge!!
    I did nothing today but put whirly-gigs out front and read!!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Going to see my trainer today at noon. A bit cold here this morning. I want to walk tomorrow morning...lots of layers to keep warm!!
    It's supposed to rain at the end of the week...we'll see.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,692 Member
    Options
    The Hogwarts Challenge is really keeping me hustling. It's fun, but I haven't had any time to goof off! I'm getting more exercise, staying low-carb and tracking food. Being responsible to the challenge makes it more rigorous, less room for easing off.

After fighting for this trend all year, I'm gonna make it official and claim the weight loss. Down to 203.8 after having been over 210 a month ago. Being with you'all helped get this momentum started probably more than you know.

Wish I could give you all hugs.
    Thanks for being here.
    paula :flowerforyou:
    kgfyu02hti2o.png

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula I had other Clippers for cats that looked the same. But they were slightly smaller and didn't work as well. Sorry your kits are not more like Sara. She lets me do just about anything. Congratulations on the downward trend!

Chris cats pick their owner's. Mike wanted to be with yours. It is cold here. We got 4 inches of snow and roads closed. More expected tonight. Have a great workout.

Still coughing. But less everyday.

Sara was sitting on the edge of our table waiting for me to get her snacks before bed. Rocky and I had started a 2000 piece puzzle yesterday. I somehow fumbled my cup out of my hand. Hit the table and bounced loudly on the floor, tea was flying everywhere. Sara, being a sweetheart, quickly went into action. She scattered the puzzle everywhere to save it from my tea. Thanks Sara, we will talk about why you were on the table tomorrow.

Shelley

• kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something is going around! Rest up ladies....so hard when there is so much to do lol.

Paula - Glad you are seeing the progress you want...yeah!

Just got home from work after school 12 hour day...yikes! Had a big web cast today that w we need well...always a little stressful. Glad that is over.

My husband went to PT for his evaluation today....he has 3 days a week of PT to go to....can't wait until he can drive again!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    I walked this morning...sooooo cold! 6.16 miles in 113 mins.
    Today Nick would have been 33 years old. We celebrated by getting together with Sara, Pete, Ronan, Collin and Bean, and we all went to Nick's niche to wish him a Happy Birthday then we ordered dinner, ice cream and cookies. The ice cream and cookies on his birthday is a tradition that Nick started a long time ago.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Karen I hope he recovers quickly. PT will help.

Chris that sounds like a great tradition. Of course I for one think that all great traditions should have cookies.

Feeling a little more like myself today.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Chris- agree...what a lovely tradition. Ice cream makes everything better ;) I don't know how you walk in the cold...do you have goretex clothes? I would like to walk more in the winter...but I freeze in the cold...

Feeling at a reasonable place with the eating this week...I think I've been doing better with the protein and not reaching so much for carbs...I've also been insanely busy doing double duty at home...Bella hasn't been having a great week. Apparently Mom went off on her yesterday....a lot....Mom's helping with a lot of the commuting stuff....but clearly she's overwhelmed....ouy vey.

My annual physical is next Tuesday and I really want to be close to my weight last year...I think I'm 2lbs away or something like that. My doctor is always thrilled I've kept 140lbs off for 10 year now (this upcoming May will be 10.) I did have a blip when menopause hit and I had breast surgery and mohs surgery for skin cancer kn my face a few years back....took me out of commission with exercise. But I've clawed back slowly ;) A journey right?

Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    11/15 - 172.8
    11/30 - 170.6
    November goal - 168

Karen
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    November 30 Goal weight: 169.9

Oct 31 weight - 175.2
    Nov 01 weight - 175.2
    Nov 08 weight - 171.8
    Nov 15 weight - 172.8
    Nov 22 weight -missed
    Nov 30 weight - 173.6

Kathy

• kjs1228
    Options
    Did yoga tonight as which was just what needed. My wrist has been painful...so wore a brace. No downward dogs for me today...but relaxing. Also did a 10 minute weight workout earlier.

Karen