Shape Shifters Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

167891012»

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,933 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    I really like my fitbit. Probably one of the best purchases of my life. It has made me a lot more active than before. I charge mine in the evening before bed when my stepgoal is met. It usually lasts around 6/7 days on a full charge. I hate wearing any kind of jewelry and never owned a watch, but the fitbit wasn't a bother for me so you should be fine. I would say that the elastic fabric bands I got from amazon are much more comfortable than the original rubber bands. Less sweaty too.
    Good luck with your December goals and I hope your injury will go away soon!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,916 Member
    Daily step goal: 7,000
    Tue 11/29: 18,400
    Wed 11/30: 18,659
    Thu 12/1: 10,755

• frankwbrown
    edited December 2022
    frankwbrown
    November week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday, December 2
    PW: 229.1
    CW: 231.4 ( gained 2.3 lbs; 1.0%) this week
    LTD: ( gained 5.8 lbs; 2.6%) this month

I'm really disappointed in myself this month. December won't be any easier as I have a brother coming to visit for a week and then there's Christmas coming up. But I'm determined to get back below 230 at least.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 223
    CW: 223
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 631 Member
    @SavageMrsMoose

Friday

PW: 166.0
    CW: 166.4

change of scale, vacation, birthday, travel.... Not too bad all things considered!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 296 Member
    @jessicakrall8

first name: Sharon
    favorite place to walk: Coleman Park or The Mall
    daily step goal: 5000
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 365 Member
    Morning all and thank you for the warm welcomes.

My name is Julie and I live in Keller, just a little north of Fort Worth. I'm 54, soon to be 55, have been married for 33 years and have an 18 year old son (Jason) at Texas Tech. I'm looking to lose weight to be more healthy and more mobile. During Covid, my position was converted to a remote work from home. On the plus side, the commute is very easy. On the minus side, access to the refrigerator and pantry didn't do me any favors.

Tuesday is my weigh in day, and I know that I am not part of the game yet, but wanted to share as I am a bit higher that the number I gave yesterday when signing up.

CW 244.2

As part of our weight loss journey, we purchased a new scale that does the whole body statics. I don't know how accurate they are but it is cool to see the changes.

2vel9grm8efv.jpg

Thanksgiving was a rough time for us, we had gone to our house close to Lubbock for the week. Jason's dorm roommate was going to spend the holiday with us. His dad called on Tuesday to see if he could come out as well and we said the more the merrier. His dad was killed in a car accident on Wednesday morning. We spent the rest of the day Wednesday, trying to get Jason's roommate home. Jason is going to be driving in next weekend for the funeral on Saturday. My goal for the next few weeks is to not stress eat.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Julie, we are neighbors! I live in north FW and my kids both went to Keller Central HS. I am so sorry to hear about the accident-I know that had to be so difficult for all involved.

I haven’t been on here much lately-stress, injuries and a bedroom makeover project have pulled me off track. Realistically, I am going to be treading water at best during December so I’m probably not going to be on here much until January. But we need to become buddies!

• cre804
    cre804 Posts: 365 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 197.5
    CW 196.5
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 226.6
    CW: 225.7
    Again not great. I had two bad days this week on Wednesday and Thursday. Wed was mostly emo eating and Thur I was just constantly hungry, but I did track everything that day. I wasn't sure I would be able to get a loss at all this week, so I am relieved it at least went down a bit. I am a little behind schedule now so I will try to have perfect food days for the whole of December. I had only 6 days over my calorie goal for November so I think I can do it!
    Steps 2 Dec: 14.579
    I would like to join the step challenge again as usual with 14.000 steps, thank you.
    Happy Saturday everyone <3
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 992 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 137.8
    CW 136.6
    My steps,a bit lower than normal.I wasn't well on Wednesday & spent most of the day in bed.Ive also had some worrying symptons & had to check in with the dreaded gynaecologist.Nothing too serious thank God got to go back in 6 weeks time.
    My steps
    11/29 5,356
    11/30 2,139
    12/1 10,716
    @jessicakrall8 please could you put me down for the December Step challenge 14,000 steps.Hopefully my Garmin activity watch replacement will arrive soon.
  • nancyinmiami
    nancyinmiami Posts: 156 Member
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 191.6
    CW: 188.8

Better than expected. My eating was okay this week, but my exercise was lackluster. Will try to get that going again.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    edited December 2022
    The December team chat is open! Please finish up this week's stats here, and go to the new thread to (re)introduce yourselves and set your December plans in motion -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878949/shape-shifters-team-chat-december-2022/p1?new=1

While you're in planning mode, the new habit tracker is up as well:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878952/habit-tracker-december-2022#latest
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 599 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 230
    CW 226.4

I was pretty sick on Thursday and Friday so this is probably temporary. I’ll celebrate it anyways though.

@Pupowl i always find I’m extra hungry the day after I eat more than usual too

L
  • CasandraW
    @PatriceFitnessPal I love my Apple Watch, and especially like that it tracks multiple metrics and health data. I had a Fitbit previously and found that it encouraged me to focus solely of Steps. I would skip my strength training and other activities to “get in those steps”. I don’t know if that part of the platform has changed, it’s been 4+ years since switching to Apple.
    A big plus of the Fitbit is the battery life they last days between charges.
    Apple Watch needs to be charged daily. I did wear my Apple Watch for sleep tracking for a while and found it helpful. I was checking blood oxygen levels while sleeping because I have a family history of sleep apnea. If you go with Apple just be sure to charge it fully when you do, it’s kinder on the battery health.
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    PW 135.4
    CW 135.8

Steps have been low this week.
    11/26. 10,163
    11/27. 9,180
    11/28. 8,992
    11/29. 7,272
    11/30. 8,715
    12/1. 8,280
    12/2. 7,023

But I have my house fully decorated for the holidays with 2 trees and gnomes all over the house. Presents are already wrapped. So I guess all that took some of my stepping time.

I am starting a new 8 week exercise program that I am really looking forward to it. It will be a 7 day a week commitment, day 1 will be Monday. Wish me luck 🤪

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    The December Week 1 Challenge is ready to roll first thing Sunday. Let's start December with a strong week.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878958/december-week-1-challenge-magic-numbers/p1?new=1
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,479 Member
    edited December 2022
    nancyinmo wrote: »
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 191.6
    CW: 188.8

Better than expected. My eating was okay this week, but my exercise was lackluster. Will try to get that going again.

Such nice numbers @nancyinmo !! WTG on your loss this week! Why don't you join us in the step challenge this month...set a reasonable goal and don't push too hard...consistency is the key...if you don't have a tracking watch use your phone...not perfectly accurate but will work until you can reward yourself with a Fitbit, Garmin or Apple watch...LOVE my fitbit...it's my third one over the years...love the daily challenges...

@izzyred9400 and @pupowl I see you two...setting up for a battle royal in December at 14k...go girls!!! SOMEDAY I'll be there...and I'll kick both your booties! :blush:

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2022
    h3wx5xow0ele.jpg
    Missing 4 weigh-ins from this week (incl today):
    @Walela617
    @KHill875
    @leni1us
    @Yukie_OP

Please post ASAP! Thanks!

Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 230
    CW 226.4
  • jessicakrall8
    CasandraW wrote: »
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 230
    CW 226.4

I think we were posting at the same time LOL!! Great minds, huh?! Nice loss this week! WTG!
    Jessica
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 590 Member
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Walela617
    New 1st Weight (for December): 159.0 lbs. (erp)

RUH-roh! Thanksgiving fallout: 159.0 lbs. on December 1st! Time for a major "DO-OVER"!
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 142.9
    CW: 143.0

11/26- 6,210
    11/27- 6,791
    11/28- 18,852
    11/29 - 15,437
    11/30 - 15,398
    12/1- 11,614
    12/2 - 17,258
  • Pupowl
    Steps 3 Dec: 14.631
    See you all in the December chat!
  • frankwbrown
    Daily step goal: 7,000
    Fri 12/2: 10,432
    Sat 12/3: 10,328

I'd like to continue the step challenge in December with a goal of 10,000 steps/day.
    (Not sure I'll be able to meet that goal this first week though, as I'll have my brother visiting for a week and he's not as active as I am.)
This discussion has been closed.