Weight No More Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
edited December 2022 in Social Groups
sfy6fdeuyq10.png
Here is your Team chat room for November 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The November challenge runs from October 30th - December 3rd. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    The November Week 1 Group Challenge is posted and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, Oct 30th. Join us this week as we begin the Curb the Candy Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10876810/november-week-1-group-challenge-curb-the-candy-challenge#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-15,300
    Mon-17,107
    Tues-13,849
    Wed-16,601
    Thurs-7,589
    Fri-15,350
    Sat-15,071
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    I have never had this many steps in a week before. I should go on vacation without a car more often. We had to walk all over the resort and then we would always walk into town for shopping and drinks to change up things from the resort. I have also been exercising since I got home, im hoping to make a change. Today I went to zumba and then I plan on just getting all my laundry done and maybe do some things around the house or maybe get mentally prepared to go back to work. We took the grandkids trunk or treating Friday night and will go out trick or treating tomorrow. I love watching them run around all excited.
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Thanks for taking me in. I'm glad to be part of the Weight No More Team.

I'll be just turned 50 on 10/29. I'm a mother of 3 and grandmother of 3 (so far). I'm also a semi-retired registered nurse, currently living and volunteering in Rwanda, but my home base is western New York State. I have certifications in medical coding, grief counseling, yoga, zumba and most recently health coaching. I was obese as a child and have struggled with weight most of my life. Now that I have my health coach certification I know that I really have to walk the talk. I know what to do and how to do it, but accountability has always been my weakness. That's why I really appreciate a support group like this.

Peace, Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

w130fgivkck8.png
    m79cc2ozqdax.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    h325h6guwu3s.png

By Pounds
    wgz0frvfuzkt.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    b2och5ecay9b.png

By Pounds
    ufocrgapxtpz.png
    dl6jvdkye6wa.png

Team Winners
    x3zhnctmpw8n.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited October 2022
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

kb414xncnt3z.png
    nwyd2da9w38v.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    yc0u96su2wrm.png

By Pounds
    3pss3iyhz2av.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    us7mablh4j7o.png

By Pounds
    5cztujrh9obz.png
    q8y60r6trp59.png
    62rk9xp28uo9.png

Team Winners
    izejg3csxdoi.png
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all our October losers! Onward to November!!
  • colemanmelissa
    colemanmelissa Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Melissacoleman430
    Sun 3361
    Mon 9424
    Tues 2305
    Wed 9688
    Thur 10112
    Fri 4381
    Sat 4197

Total 43,468
    Was leaf peeping in North Carolina, hopefully will get back into routine.
  • colemanmelissa
    Options
    Melissacoleman430@icloud.com
    Hi I’m Melissa and here for the November challenge. Retired Nurse, love my chickens and duck, hunting, vacations, and losing weight, getting more tone and in shape to get rid of diabetes and high triglycerides and those meds. Also have Hashimotos. Looking to get back up to 7,000 steps a day then increase eventually to 10,000.
    CW 236.1
    OSW 259
  • colemanmelissa
    Options
    Any tips for traveling while keeping your calories where they need to be? I’m usually fine at home but if I go anywhere for even 2 days I gain a pound 🙁
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Any tips for traveling while keeping your calories where they need to be? I’m usually fine at home but if I go anywhere for even 2 days I gain a pound 🙁

Although it's a pain to do while traveling, keeping your food journal helps to keep calories in control. I like to try everything, especially new and special foods, but take small amounts. Also stay hydrated and drinking plenty of water. Try not to let the calorie counting ruin your fun. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options

@colemanmelissa

Drinking a TON of water is always my tactic, so I am going to have to agree with @JessicaVRosati on this one. It's also important to remember that we tend to retain water when we consume salty/sugary foods, so the pound you believe you gain may just be water. You would have to eat about 3500 extra calories just to gain a pound, so it's much more likely that you're retaining water if you're seeing a jump in weight after just a couple days away.
  • cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Steps
    10/23 - 10/29

10/23 Sun: 10,106
    10/24 Mon: 10,363
    10/25 Tue: 11,565
    10/26 Wed: 11,332
    10/27 Thurs: 10,056
    10/28 Fri: 10,757
    10/29 Sat: 12,847

Total for the week: 33,660
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm Ashley, I don't know if you saw the announcement but MFP will be retiring the personal blogging feature in a few weeks. According to the announcement, you have until 11/17 to download copies of your blogs if you want to save them, then the personal blog feature will go away completely on 11/21. Here's the link to the announcement:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032271072-Retiring-My-Blog-Personal-Blogging-Feature-on-11-21-22
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm Ashley, I don't know if you saw the announcement but MFP will be retiring the personal blogging feature in a few weeks. According to the announcement, you have until 11/17 to download copies of your blogs if you want to save them, then the personal blog feature will go away completely on 11/21. Here's the link to the announcement:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032271072-Retiring-My-Blog-Personal-Blogging-Feature-on-11-21-22

I did not! I've been working on copying everything to Google Docs, but have been slacking for a while. I'll have to get back on that - thanks for letting me know!
This discussion has been closed.