Thurs 14,237
    20 min elliptical
    Fri 14,729
    Sat 8,631
    30 min intervals

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday friends! I think this is the first time I’ve ever made it to the all teams board. 😂 Hopefully I can hang on to it. I’m home now and have access to food 24/7. We ate out yesterday for lunch but I split a salad with my daughter. I also had a few cheese fries and a cup of cream of turkey soup. I know the soup is not a great choice, but I cannot resist diner soup.

Watching Alvin and the Chipmunks 🐿️ with Juliet and the plan is a trip into Princeton to go to Costco and Trader Joe’s.

I’m going to either walk or do Pilates today. Hold me to it. My right hip has been giving me pain lately. Once I get moving, it’s better. I also figured out that it feels better when I turn my foot way out which rotates my hip. Not sure what is up. But on my list is to contact my primary doctor about PT for it, meet with a dietician (I learned I have 5 free visits with my insurance) and get help with the foot pain on the opposite side of my hip. I wonder if they are related?

Got to get this granddaughter fed.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you @kellie_erin - I can't remember how I kept holidays together when my kids were young, and I only had 2!!! It gets rough, and I hope you have some time to sit and breathe at least, and enjoy the time if possible.

@micki48 Yes! PT for that hip -- I'll bet all the change in the bottom of my purse it is related to the foot on the other side. I'ts also great to hear some inspiration about keeping the diet moving in the right direction. I hope you were able to get to the Pilates today - there are so many good hip moves in there. If you can't fit anything else in any time, do a few hip bridges. They feel great no matter what. Speaking of which, I'm going to do some before bed!

I had a crazy day today. Luckily it started out with a fantastic exercise class. My mom's complex has a good gym and daily classes. This morning was a challenging circuit training kind of workout - and it was set up that you could do each exercise at any level. I chose my weights last because I'm a guest, and the smallest left were 12 pounds, so I used them throughout! For some moves that was quite a good challenge. The music was terrific, even though the young woman who was leading the class had no idea what Motown was! She asked for music requests and one spry fella asked for Motown, and she dutifully found a greatest hits playlist. Then asked if Motown was a group! In any case, there were some great tunes and we had a lot of fun.

Then it was straightening out complicated banking issues day. Ugh. But we got it all done. Now mom will have to find something else to panic over :grimace::grin:

Thanks for the news @eggfreak - so good to hear from you! Have a fun walk in Maine.

No Tuesday weigh-ins, so enjoy the day and check in with news any time!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    @jugar Love how you always find a way to keep the exercise up even when you're away from home! Laughing about the Motown thing...

@KellyBgetsfit The holidays can be so tiring. Sounds like you're going to fall into a pit of exhaustion when it's all said and done but I'm sure your family so appreciates everything you do for them.

@micki48 Food sharing at a restaurant is such a good strategy! I used to do a bit of that with Brad but we haven't been so good about it... it's a good money saver and the calories in a full meal are usually best split!

12/18 exercise
    7166 steps
  • jugar
    Options
    For you @ashleycarole86 December 11-17

Sunday - 5131 + 15 Pilates + 45 bike
    Monday - 11,935 + 45 strength
    Tuesday - 10,656 + 45 bike
    Wednesday - 8300 + 15 Pilates + 45 bike
    Thursday - 13,049
    Friday - 12,462
    Saturday - 8944 + 45 strength

I won't have numbers for this week - once again, the only thing I forgot to pack was my fitbit charger!!! I should just get an extra one and keep it in my travel bag...
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Great focus @LoraineGB ! The Mizumoto Japanese Gardens sounds delightful! I don't think that I would have been to resist those concession stands, though!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Impressive resistance of the food to stick to your window @LoraineGB .. sounds like a lovely activity

More sedentary day for me yesterday than my usual as it was a work from home day and we are under an extreme cold warning. I chose to spend time with family, which in my family (Brad aside) is always sedentary time. I'm in office today and donating blood at lunch which is a bit from my office so my steps will naturally be higher.

12/19 exercise: 3205 steps
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Great pictures @conleywoods, the dog is so cute with snow boots on! And @LoraineGB kudos to you for passing on the donuts and cider.

I did not feel like working out at all today, but I made myself go to the gym and at least walk for 30 minutes. I'm glad I went, but I am exhausted...and I slept 10.5 hours last night! The flu and covid are going around the office right now...I hope that's not a sign of something to come.
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, Tuesday sure slid by fast! I'm SO jealous about your snowshoeing photos, @conleywoods - your kids are absolutely gorgeous and even look happy to be out there on the shoes! The dog looks a bit less certain but I'm sure that the price to pay to be outside with the people is completely worth it.

We had a day of exciting things like laundry and picking up things at the pharmacy, but my mom's "fitsticks" class was fun this morning. I did not manage my usual workout or walking, but I have a bit of a head cold, it seems, so I took a covid test (negative, thank goodness) and kept my mask on all the time, even during exercise. That in itself is a good exercise, right? Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll get a good session in before loading up the car and driving for about 3 hours. Then there will be a nice evening of rehearsals, so finally I'll get to meet up with all the folks down there and make some sounds together.

So, Wednesday folks (and 2 Monday folks who must be on the road too!) - I'll do my best to catch you on the fly. Send in the numbers and I'll get them when I can!

@MoonlitMuse
    @kto0194
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989
    @alydanbeads

Thanks!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Well then…. Guess who fell off the wagon and can’t seem to get back on it… this girl again
    After my unlimited food events 2 weekends ago I haven’t been pretracking or tracking…

I’m so overwhelmed by all the planning etc that I’ve also not worked out in 2 days…

I really don’t want to bring the team down, but Im afraid of Friday’s weigh in

@ashleycarole86
    I think I’m just going to have to step myself out of the stepping challenge. Now that Im part of the Apple crew, my coworkers gifted me an Apple Watch and Im still figuring out how it works compared to my previous Samsung watch and Fitbit.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @veronica1359 Oh that sounds like a terrible trip and so sorry for your foot! Glad you are home and healing. Thank you for the update. Wishing you a merry Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.