bowens1973 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Good morning @jugar
    Was travelling this week, I'll weigh in tomorrow
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I see that so many of us are feeling frustrated at the moment with the progress that we're making. My thoughts are that we might as well just relax and accept that this is such a tricky month, and that as long as we are mindful of what's going on, we ought to remember to give ourselves a little bit of grace while we make our maneuvers! And it was you @micki48 that taught me that sentiment - a couple of years ago!

Such a great mindset to have during this crazy month. Haven't done well all year. This month isn't going to suddenly be it. I will do what I can. Give myself grace and get my head together for January. Lots of planning to do once school is done tomorrow. It's nap time right now. One is snoring, a few our resting, a few more are rolling about, and someone is always headed for the potty. LOL

We have had so many treats around school this week. Carts filled with sweets and coffee, bagels, cookies, a party, and a luncheon tomorrow. Wow! At least I haven't eaten all the cookies. LOL

@lorraineGB I will check out post covid arthritis. Did not know that was a thing. Thanks.
    A check in again later.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late! No change for me this week! @jugar also woo I got on the boards lol 😁
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 170.9
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,141 Member
    Options
    @AshenMoon Good one! It is hard to maintain the week after a big whoosh, and you did it. WTG :smiley:

I am on the road - but first had a meeting with my wonderful new trainer. We had a great time trying stuff out, going through my new program (somewhat more playful and less difficult than the previous one - he knows that maintaining strength over the holidays is plenty as a goal!) and continuing to get to know one another. We are really hitting it off, and I am so glad to have found this person. He is a deep well of knowledge, but always insists that everyone play, experiment, and answer questions for their own program and progress. Taking responsibility rather than just following the program properly is way more fun.

So I'm in Montreal to avoid an early morning and rushed day tomorrow. It can snow all it wants - I have time to get through a recording session and then make it to the airport in time for my trip to North Carolina. I am glad to have chosen the earlier departure to have a more relaxed day. I'll be able to keep up with all of you, so keep on posting all the news and feels.

Friday people, are you ready? (I'm not...)

@EvMakesChanges (I got your message - you'll be weighing in on Saturday no problem!)
    @micki48
    @LoraineGB
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey
    @jugar (oops, I forgot to do it today and will not be near a scale tomorrow. Saturday!)
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @kellie_erin I'm sorry about your FIL. My FIL had a severe stroke in January 2021, and his improvement has definitely slowed over the past 3-6 months BUT they're now looking at more intensive rehabilitation so there's always hope. Fingers crossed for your FIL.

I'm struggling a bit to keep up this week, so sorry for not commenting on everybody's updates!

The dietician plan started in anger at the weekend. Within 2 days I realised drinking plain water wasn't going to happen, so I've had lemon and lime water, then raspberry, mango and ginger water, and today I've got orange, blackberry and ginger. I've found the fruit is good for a couple of days in the jug too, so I just pour the water into my bottle, top the jug back up, and come again when I've finished the bottle.

A few ideas for you all: https://www.culinaryhill.com/8-infused-water-recipes/
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    PW: 189.4
    CW: 188.8

Hi everyone! Sorry for being a little quiet this week; it has been another very busy work week for me.

@kellie_erin - I am so sorry to hear about your FIL, I hope that you and your family are doing okay.

@YinxFed - I’m trying to do at least two days focused on flexibility and mobility so thank you for posting about Yoga with Adriene! I will definitely do one of her workouts this morning.

The wedding last week was beautiful and I got so many compliments on the dress so I will definitely share when they post photos 😀

Unfortunately, I strained a muscle on my shoulder area over the wedding weekend, so I wasn’t able to work out until Wednesday, when I did a little yoga. Yesterday, I went back to my strength group class gym and it was one of the most challenging workouts. One of the moves, the trainer had us in a low plank position and we had to pull a resistance band (attached to a weight rack) with one hand for a row, and try to keep our hips level at the same time! I had to do them on my knees and I still felt it in my abs to keep my body stable.

Today will be a yoga day, then I have to take my car to get the oil changed. My husband and I are hosting a holiday party tomorrow with friends so we’ve been food prepping all week but now I need to actually clean our apartment to prepare for the guests. Do cleaning calories count? LOL 😂
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @jugar I hope your travel is on time and uneventful

LoraineGB
    Friday
    PW 216.2
    CW 215.2
  • jugar
    Options
    I made it! Here in time for the nightly nagging that you all know I live for :wink:

Due through Saturday and another week will be a wrap!
    @bowens1973
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @bobagurl2017
    @kellie_erin
    @PlaneMonkey

thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,158 Member
    Options
    lug6gw5pfcam.png
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 2 pounds! Great week - and saying no to ice cream deserves a medal. Tell your husband to do that deaf man act if ever you say yes :smiley: You know how they do when they don't want to hear something...

There is a ton of cheese in this place too! And no coffee... we're heading to the grocery store pronto.
This discussion has been closed.