WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    annieo22 wrote: »
    @jugar - I'm confused about how to post my weight. Do I post at the bottom of thread or the way I started posting- by clicking on the blue plus mark?
    PW: 166.5
    CW: 167.4
    Since Sunday is start weigh in day, I can do Sunday or Wednesday as weigh in days. Thanks

Just post at the bottom of the team chat thread - just like this! Don't use the blue plus mark - that adds a completely new thread. Thanks! As to WI Day - any day you want is just fine. Then you just keep using that every week - but also drop by just to chat as often as you want :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    ells_bellz wrote: »
    Good afternoon Waistaways 😍

@jugar I'm so sorry Liselyn for late weigh in ☹️
    I have sent you a message with my weigh in for last Sunday - I'm not sure if you seen it? I sent it late Saturday night ❤️

I hope everyone is OK ❤️

No worries, Ellie! I hope you are feeling better after your terrible cold/flu. Rest as much as you can :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    Week 1 steps and exercise for you @ashleycarole86

Sunday - 7711 + 50 minutes bike
    Monday - 10,477 + 15 Pilates + 45 bike
    Tuesday - 6717 + 15 Pilates + 45 strength
    Wednesday - 10,054 + 15 Pilates + 40 circuit training + 30 bike (light)
    Thursday - 7214 + 15 Pilates + 45 bike
    Friday - 8266 + 45 bike
    Saturday - 13,223
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @kellie_erin So sorry to hear about your FIL. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

@conleywoods What great advice. I concur with @YinxFed , having you on this team is a treasure for so many reasons. My husband had a stroke 20 years ago and completely recovered.

@ashleycarole i agree longer workouts can hinder your determination to do them. Not that I have it down for sure, but the Pilates teacher I subscribe to is a strong advocate for consistency over length of workout.

Today, my scale was down. I can’t figure it out but know I need to make my health a priority too. My blood pressure is way up today. Last night while we were at the Cinderella show, my heart was racing the whole first half. Like over 100 doing nothing. Anyway, I love the clinical trial you shared with us @bobagurl2017 . (Pretty sure it was you. Can’t look back or I’ll lose my post). That's a hopeful medication.

Last week of school before break. Looking forward to some time off. Got a new calendar book hoping it helps motivate me to set and keep goals.

Take care all.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Waistaways!

Just stopping by while I have a little time. I've just finished a short online workshop and I'm about to go downstairs for some toast!

I was thinking about what you said @micki48 about using your new calendar book to motivate and set goals. This coming year 2023 will be my 3rd year of journalling, as I'm quite new to it. 2021 I got a great A5 journal. It was so intricate, and there were loads of places for me to state my goals, annually, monthly and weekly. At the end of each month I could review the previous month and tweak it for the next month. It was so good, in fact, that I talked myself into getting a bigger one this year - so my current journal is A4 sized. And I think that it's too big!

We now come to my new journal for 2023. It is A5 sized because I realise that I want to always be able to have it to hand, so it can fit into my handbag. Furthermore, I have started to think about what I want 2023 to look like so have already started sketching out my bigger life goals and I'm really excited.

My point is that journals and planners can certainly motivate us, but we need to put the work into them if we want to realise our full potentials.

Hope everyone has a great day!

TTFN
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 191.0
    CW: 189.0
    💃🏼
  • annieo22
    annieo22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Than you @jugar for clarification.
    My current situation - I have been having allergic reactions to something, maybe food? All of a sudden, I will start itching on a part of my body. This time back of head and neck. I'm thinking lice, hives, etc. Then almost at same time stomach distress, loose bowels to point I'm not leaving house. It takes about a week to make me realize that it's "something." Today I'm calling Dr to maybe get allergy testing set up. I've had it in past and it always came up with weird stuff as allergies, so hard to believe in validity. Wish me luck!
    Good news, I've lost 1/2 lb since yesterday 😢
  • kto0194
    kto0194 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Steps for Week 1 (Dec. 4-10)

Sun: 5966
    Mon: 4150
    Tues: 4238 +20 min. workout
    Wed: 4593
    Thurs: 4387+20 min. workout
    Fri: 6204
    Sat: 6578

This is my first time tracking steps lately and its a lot less than I thought. I wasn't doing anything special, just normal days taking care of the house, kids, property, etc. I am disappointed the numbers are lower, but I also understand that I hate winter and get a lot less done. Seasonal depression is real and hard to deal with. I am definitely a lot less active than in summer and really need to take steps to get in extra exercise but that's hard to do when I'm not in the best mood because every day is cloudy and dreary. Where is my sunshine?!
  • kto0194
    kto0194 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day

PW:173.0
    CW:172.9

Different but the same!
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Sorry I missed last week...my boys are still back home (in Ohio), so I've been holding down the fort on my own. Even though I've been eating really clean (it's amazing when you don't have someone constantly demanding snacks), but I reeeaalllly upped the protein to go along with my heavier lifting. My weight hasn't been the best, but I'm planning on getting my BIA done at the end of the month, so hopefully some of it is muscle. I need to redo my tape measurements as well. Even though I know that's a better gauge than the scale, I'm really bad about taking them consistently.

PW: 144.8
    CW: 143.6

I've also been struggling to refrain from baking, but it's so hard! I know I'll cave when my boys get back because I love decorating cut outs with my kiddo (my husband likes to do the ninja-bread men too lol).
  • CarolAnnM2
    Options
    @kto0194 @MoonlitMuse Way to go Monday peeps! All in the green today!!
  • jugar
    Options
    CarolAnnM2 wrote: »
    @kto0194 @MoonlitMuse Way to go Monday peeps! All in the green today!!

Sunday AND Monday all green! Great start to the week!

For our new folks @kto0194 and @annieo22 the "green" thing is because all losses of weight in our team spreadsheet are shown in green. We aim for green! Even if it is .01 loss, it puts that silly smile on our faces. Red (gains) happen, but as long as you are in the green more than the red, things are good. While I'm at the new folks orientation subject, whenever your weigh-in or exercise stats (steps, etc.) are logged into the spreadsheet, @ashleycarole86 and I click the "Insightful" lightbulb on your post. That way you can be sure we have seen it and it is recorded. Just so you know :smiley:

Annie, I hope your allergic reaction or whatever it turns out to be is feeling better. I tend to get rashes from some pesticides and the unpleasant internal reaction from particular proteins, so it is great to know the details to be able to adjust what you eat.

@kto0194 Is your name Katie by any chance? Just guessing from your username. I'm sorry to hear you are not a fan of winter! Everyone on the team will tell you that I am a bit of a winter nut, and go out snowshoeing at every opportunity once there is enough of the stuff. This year is off to a slow start, so I'm peeved, but at least I can still get out in the woods and get ready for the demands of snowshoeing once it finally starts. I'm lucky to live on in the woods with lots of land and friendly neighbours who share trails with us. It is so beautiful out there in the winter - I should have you visit to catch a dose of winter fever :love:

I had one of those good long walks today - over hill and dale, seeing tracks of our resident coyotes, deer, and a gazillion little critters. The views were great in the bright sunshine and it was not too cold (around -10C/18F).

Tomorrow is our day of no weigh-ins, so come on in to weigh in on any subject you like! Anything goes.
  • jugar
    Options
    @CarolAnnM2 I forgot to congratulate you on hitting a new decade! Into the 180s - WTG. Tiara time again for you!
  • CarolAnnM2
    Options
    @jugar Thankyou!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    @jugar 18F isn't too cold?! 🥶 I am definitely a southerner and my 49F today is cold! @kto0194 I am also not a winter person and get a lot less steps in the dark and cold days.

Today was day 1 of my busy week and didn't realize I had a staff meeting at lunch today. We had a group Christmas party today and I ate some good italian food, including dessert. I weighed this morning and I don't think it will be a green week for me. Tomorrow is a drug rep lunch, but I preordered grilled chicken and salad. Then gym tomorrow night 😊
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I took my own advice and squeezed in a 20 min workout today. My eating was junk. I was within my calories but high fat, low protein. My stomach is definitely bloated. I think I need food testing. I have been eating decent, other than today and the scale has been up, and worse, my stomach looks huge. I really need to do an elimination diet, but I lack will power. I feel like as soon as I say no, thats all I want.

And I just remembered I ate yogurt today and forgot to log it.. now my calories are going to be over.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,156 Member
    Options
    Evening all!
    I had a special in office day today as my house is too full of company! There were like 3 people in and it was marvelous. I took myself for a short lunch time walk.. normally in office days are an easy 10K but I fell short today... think it was just because I didn't have other folks to get up and see.
    Got home to a family dinner.. beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes, carrots, caesar salad, mushrooms and onions..mini cheesecakes for dessert. I had beer, I had hot chocolate.
    I'm not sensing green in my week.. too much eating and not enough moving.
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

Again sorry for the delay!!!

12/4: 9988 and 45 min peloton
    12/5: 10768 and 30 min peloton
    12/6: 9896
    12/7: 7082 and 30 min peloton
    12/8: 10302 and 30 min shadowboxing
    12/9: 8571 and 20 min peloton
    12/10: 8924
    12/11: 6478 and 30 min peloton
    12/12: 8354
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

It's Tuesday, I weighed in at 175 (!!), so we'll see what happens later this week.

So busy today. Whatsisface is taking Kiddo to an appointment while I pick up Babby, and then later today, I have my COVID booster.

Yesterday I was tired all day because I had some kind of stomach thing and slept so poorly, so I got to sleep at like 7 last night, skipping the gym. It was a good decision, I feel 1000% better today.

So already this morning, before 500, I make beef tips and put them in the crock pot to finish cooking, made a vinaigrette for Whatsisface's sandwiches, and wrapped a book for Babby to take to school for a swap.

Oof, time to get today going! Have a great day, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.