WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    @DianaGetsFit512 Last call to get your steps for the final week of the November challenge (Nov 27-Dec 3) in for counting!! I suspect your steps will push our progress week over week to swing in the favor of improvement
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    I have seen several people mention apple cider vinegar. Does it help? I tried taking the actual liquid in water and thought I was going to burn my esophagus 😂

I take Apple Cider Vinegar gummies, I get them at Walmart. Idk if it helps but it’s part of my vitamin and mineral line up and I always feel better when I’m taking them :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @jugar what part of NC are you visiting your mom (if you want to share)?

She lives near Charlotte (in Matthews). Then we'll go down to Aiken, SC for a few days. I have never been there - it is supposed to be lovely!
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Great to hear that you hit the Peloton and logged all the bites. Those higher weights sometimes inspire us to do better, once we get past the feeling miserable about it part. I'm glad your dad is visiting, and totally relate to the stressy side of visitors. It is wonderful, but it can add to the stress for sure. It is fantastic that you are taking him to deal with hearing issues. That can make such a big difference. You're a wonderful daughter!

So, on that note - the Thursday people's turn is coming!
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

and there are still a few missing numbers due through today:
    @ells_bellz
    @MoonlitMuse
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @alydanbeads

Thanks!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 171.5
  • ashleycarole86
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 170.8
    CW 170.8
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    PW 235.2
    CW 233.0
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune Sounds like you have made some really great choices even if it wasn't exactly what you planned. Nice job!

@eggfreak So nice to hear from you and glad November felt better even if a marzipan log gave you a hard time in the end. The grocery store needs to sell bites of certain foods!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @AshenMoon Fantastic! You are our shining tiara wearer so far this week :smiley:

Woot! 😊
  • jugar
    Options
    Right at this moment, you are the people I really enjoy and need. I just had one of those horrible conversations with the taller half that went into the Territories of Inflexibility and I feel like running away. It will pass, but I am glad to be able to come into this place where we are working on keeping an even keel, sticking with healthy commitments, and letting go of harm. I'm not feeling like drastic action is needed, but there are many questions. It is amazing how the edge can suddenly appear sometimes.

@conleywoods and @ashleycarole86 great job this week!!!

@wishfuljune it is so cool that you missed your mocktail goal, but crushed some HIIT, sprint intervals, and salad game! OK, maybe not cool that you missed a goal, but super cool that you did not let that wreck all the others. Inspiring!

Tally ho, all!
  • jugar
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @lauren_989 it is AMAZING how fast your blood pressure comes down with even a modest weight loss. You have already lost 23 pounds, and now if you get on the next 20 or so, it will really help. You've got this!
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    PW: 152.2
    CW: 151.2

Instead of a day early, I’m a day late. Sorry!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @lauren_989
    I agree with @jugar- while I'm sorry your BP results aren't where you wanted them, you're doing the work to move the needle

@jugar Thanks for the words of encouragement. This is definitely a good place to be.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 150.4
    CW 151.2

That number is from Wed. I couldn't get into Community. I only tried once and didn't have time to try again. The scale is even higher today. Not sure what is happening. Usually, I know why the scale is up, but I haven't eaten anything to cause a jump this week. I actually had a salad for lunch and light dinner and it was up almost another pound today.🤷‍♀️

@conleywoods sorry about the music concert. That must have been frustrating. Good job getting back on track.

@ashleycarole86 I am sorry you have been struggling lately. Great job getting in your workouts. Are there short 10 minute workouts on the Pelton app? Last year when I was struggling, I found even a ten minute workout made me feel better. I should try that now....

@wishfuljune that definitely sounds like a win! Great job on the workout and food choices

@cupcakecrusoe did you have pre-eclampsia or just high blood pressure? I had pre-eclampsia and hello in my first two pregnancies. My second was born at 29 weeks. The other 2 they induced/c-section as soon as my blood pressure started to spike. My blood pressure returned to normal but I still worry about it long term effects. It puts you at high risk for heart disease later in life

This discussion has been closed.