WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @annieo22 Welcome to Waistaways! I’m looking forward to getting to know you.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods It does look like a doable plan, you got this!
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey Mods... My normal weigh in day is Wednesday but I'm going to be away from the scale tomorrow. Is it ok to do my weigh in a day early? I just don't want to miss is. Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    kto0194 wrote: »
    @mickey48 can you tell me what Pilates workout program you did for the hip release? Anything specific or was it general Pilates? I have been having the worst hip, pelvic, lower back pain and I'm not sure why but I'm thinking yoga/Pilates will help, hopefully!

I subscribe to Lindywell online with Robin Long. It used to be called The Balanced Life. She has some videos free on Youtube, but the one I did was through her subscription. It's reasonable and when I do it, absolutely wonderful.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @jugar I jogged twice this week at OTF

@micki48 I love doing puzzles too and I am currently working on my first 2,000 piece puzzle! I love facebook marketplace because I can sell/buy/trade puzzles for cheap! I got a box of at least 40 puzzles for $20. Now I've just been trading with other people and have new (used) puzzles to do.

My son goes to OTF in Greensboro too! AND WOWEE!!! A 2,000 piece puzzle.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Hey Mods... My normal weigh in day is Wednesday but I'm going to be away from the scale tomorrow. Is it ok to do my weigh in a day early? I just don't want to miss is. Thanks!

absolutely! You can always adjust or take an "excused" week when travelling etc. But a day early is just fine. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    @conleywoods I love your wellness coach. What a great plan! I know when I was in my losing phase snacking had to be OUT. I found it a lot easier to eat a nice big meal than to eat much smaller ones in order to be able to snack - I stayed full longer, and got more done. Some people do really well on the 5 smaller meals thing (go grazers!), but I learned a lot by getting good and hungry before putting anything in my mouth, and then being able to eat a satisfying amount. Getting to 30 grams of fibre while you're at it will mean plenty of vegetables and legumes, so you get to eat a substantial volume of food. It sounds like a great plan. You are our motivator for a reason, you know. Now you will really shine! You have always been incredibly supportive of everyone on the team, and showing us how to recover from one of those lapses will be inspiring. :heart:

I'm so sorry to hear about the child and his mom. There is not doubt that she is living through the worst thing that can happen to a parent. Thanks for sharing that rather than snacking over it.

Keep well, all -
  • jugar
    Options
    Time for the Wednesday line-up to get all ready:

@AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989
    @alydanbeads

A lovely quartet :smiley:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm in the process of getting my eating and moving plan in action again. All of you are so inspiring!
    @CupcakeCrusoe i love that “tag party” and will do that this morning.
    @lorraineGB is “cordial” a flavoring to make water more palatable or do you mean the syrupy alcoholic type?
    @micki48 yay! Glad you’re sticking around & look at those steps! Impressive, woman.
    I’m following your lead and going to be more active in my participation.
    I can relate @Kto0194 to the weight bobbing phenomena! Much of that relates to emotional eating that @wishfuljune mentioned. My internal monster thinks all emotions are worth eating so I won’t be overwhelmed by feeling them. Good grief!
    @conleywoods more effort to get things to shift oftentimes feels like punishment to me. Yowza! That’s a lot in your new plan to accomplish. I’m going to join you and do the 3 meals per day, no snacks, apple cider vinegar (love that stuff!), and fiber. Bigger meals with legumes, and veggies, as my sister @jugar says, are more satisfying than lots of crunchy snacks.
    Let’s get more short fatty acid chains to munch on those fat cells! Yessss, please!!!
    As far as the concert debacle…”there aren’t enough NOs to go with that hell!”
    @ashleycarole86 look up “cat *kitten* trophy” for a laugh. It’s always a help to talk ourselves off that ledge of seriousness and black and white thinking, right?!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Let's try to make it Workout Wednesday (proud partner of Fiber Friday).

I'm saying that to make myself do it today - I see my trainer on Friday, need to take tomorrow a bit easy in order to give blood, so today is a must! It's circuit version day. I do the same workout as strength day, but lighter, faster, and no breaks until the whole set of 7 exercises is done, then a short rest to get ready for a second time through. I am aiming for 3 sets, but have not made it there yet! Maybe today will be the day.

I just realised that I only have 9 days to go until I fly to North Carolina to spend Christmas with my mom! Time is flying... To-do list, here I come :neutral:
  • jugar
    Options
    @AshenMoon Fantastic! You are our shining tiara wearer so far this week :smiley:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have seen several people mention apple cider vinegar. Does it help? I tried taking the actual liquid in water and thought I was going to burn my esophagus 😂

@jugar what part of NC are you visiting your mom (if you want to share)?
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday! Let's try to make it Workout Wednesday (proud partner of Fiber Friday).

I must have heard you subconsciously before I read this tonight because I got up this morning and got on the Peloton for the first time since the end of November! Woop woop

I had today off to take my Dad for a much needed hearing appointment, so starting my day in that way felt great. Always a fan of the early morning workout when I can fit it in!
This discussion has been closed.