WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @ells_bellz I send big hugs to you for your brave step into sobriety. I “retired” from alcohol in 2011 and haven’t picked it back up. Although seeing ourselves through others’ drunken eyes is a painful experience, it’s a blessing in disguise and you can make the choice each day to not imbibe. Just 24-hours at a time.
    Please know I’m in your corner rooting for you! Call or text any time. 802-299-0704.
    Regular email is preferable to the message system in here. It is: evelyn.l.adams@gmail.com
    Nice deep breathing. Sleep well.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,156 Member
    Options
    Nov Week 5 exercise:
    Sun - 7245 steps + 61 minutes Peloton
    Mon - 10584 steps
    Tues - 5936 steps
    Wed - 10696 steps
    Thurs - 7249 steps
    Fri - 2869 steps
    Sat - 8537 steps
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,156 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Morning team!

@CupcakeCrusoe Have fun at class tonight! I am up to do the same thing as you.. a moment of calm (coffee and the Christmas tree) before the craziness of the week sets in. Great minds think alike!

@CarolAnnM2 A spa weekend sounds like a phenomenal time! Bet you're starting the week feeling fantastic.

If I go downstairs for coffee and dad isn't up yet I might try to walk my dog before work so I know it gets done. The next couple days are quite cold again so it's not motivating to get outside (and for her at a certain point no longer safe.) So, have to take advantage of the windows!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I do feel fantastic and energetic this morning. It’s a good thing too because these next two weeks before Christmas are going to be super busy. Should be able to keep my steps up easily.

Have a great week Team Waistaways!
  • kto0194
    kto0194 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @mickey48 can you tell me what Pilates workout program you did for the hip release? Anything specific or was it general Pilates? I have been having the worst hip, pelvic, lower back pain and I'm not sure why but I'm thinking yoga/Pilates will help, hopefully!
  • kto0194
    kto0194 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Monday
    PW:174.0
    CW:173.0

I have been bobbling between 172 and 173, and I hope the number stays below 173 but I have been having a lot more cravings for snacks over the weekend so I need to hit the store and grab more healthy choices to snack on, lately my favorite has been carrot chips. I think subliminally I convince myself I'm eating chips(which I love) but the carrot part makes it healthy and still crunchy.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    annieo22 wrote: »
    Hi I'm @annieo22 and I'm new. Wi have to work to get used to everything and meeting everyone.
    I've been struggling with my weight since I quit smoking in my 30's (I'm 62 now) and top that off with a stressful life and career as a teacher with health issues, it has taken me years to try to lose instead of gain.
    My PW: 168.4
    My CW: 167.8

My goal is to keep my daily carb count below 25 and work out 3 times a week.

Good to meet everyone 😊

You made it! Good to see you and have you along on this journey with us. I'm always happy with more people in their 60's :smiley: I'm hitting 69 in January, and I can attest that getting the weight off at our age is possible and totally worth the effort! It is not easy. But even a small change is going to help you feel so much better. If the low carb method does not work for you, we're a bunch of experimenters here. Every way of working on your diet and exercise is a learning experience. I have found that my body reacts differently now than 10 years ago, so it is always fun be your own experiment and keep adjusting as needed.

I have your weigh-in day as Saturday. Is that what you'd like to stick with? You can change it any time, just let me know here and it shall be done. I take it your name is Annie? :smiley: If you don't mind sharing where you live (country and area, city - whatever you're comfortable with). It's fun to know where we all are.

Good luck!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 3,797
    Monday: 2,648
    Tuesday: 2,684
    Wednesday: 9,157 + 30 min jogging @4.5mph + 20 min resistance
    Thursday: 2,698
    Friday: 2,991
    Saturday: 5,374 + 20 min jogging @4.2mph + 20 min peleton

@jugar I jogged twice this week at OTF

Wow, what a terrible week of steps! I only hit my goal twice this week and that is when I went to the gym. I really hate how it's cold and dark outside. I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Makes me not want to work out! I am going to be starting a new job in the middle of January that is 5 minutes from my house. I can't wait for the shorter commute (currently it's 45 minutes one way) and I hope that will give me more time to get some steps in!

@micki48 I love doing puzzles too and I am currently working on my first 2,000 piece puzzle! I love facebook marketplace because I can sell/buy/trade puzzles for cheap! I got a box of at least 40 puzzles for $20. Now I've just been trading with other people and have new (used) puzzles to do.

• jugar
    Options
    @lauren_989 I'm so glad your commute will soon be short! That will help a lot, especially in this dark time of year.

@ashleycarole86 here are my numbers for last week - I hope you're hanging in there with your commute getting worse and all the commotion. Hugs flying your way :heart:

Sunday - 8968 + 45 bike
    Monday - 12,329 + 45 strength
    Tuesday - 17,174
    Wednesday - 9479 + 40 circuit + 30 bike (easy pace)
    Thursday - 10,046
    Friday - 10,828 + 45 bike
    Saturday - 9081 + 45 strength
  • jugar
    Options
    Don't forget!

Weigh-ins due through today:
    @ells_bellz
    @MoonlitMuse

We have no Tuesday people this month, so we can relax about weighing in for a day. Ahhh. Have a good one!
This discussion has been closed.