Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in
    PW 256
    CW 261.8

Product of mindless binge last night. Bought a container of choco covered almonds and ate them all. 1500 cal.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    What type scale do you use?

I have a Withings scale
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Really had to bust my *kitten* for that 1 pound this week. I typically take today off from working out but I had a great sleep and woke up with a ton of energy so I went for a run (no lifting today) and knocked off that pound.

8 more pounds to go.
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    Weigh in day

PW 163.5
    CW- 163.7

I really thought i might be a pound or 2 lighter this week, people keep telling me i look like ive lost weight

@lindamtuck2018, i use an electronic scale, not sure what brand they are, or if they're accurate, seem to get a different result depending on the surface they're on, so i always try to weigh in the same area. its odd how they always switch themselves on when the dog barks 🤷‍♀️
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Heading out of town won't be able to weigh next Thursday but I will on the 29th of Jan. see yall then!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Friday weigh in
    PW 177.8
    CW 175.6
    SW 173

I didn't have any alcohol this week, and not only did that keep me from the extra calories, but also kept me from some of the overeating that I do if I'm having drinks. I'm skipping alcohol this next week too - and want to keep moving forward without it.
  • 363days
    Options
    Steps: 3,084
    Sleep:✔️✔️❌✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️✔️✔️

Stupid headache again today. Time to listen to everyone and call the doctor to get something for my sinuses.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    It’s 3500 and 9000

Linda - this may sound weird, but I use nose drops that are oil based, and I have really noticed the difference in my sinuses. I've used several different types, all oil based. I've gotten them from health food stores. I can get a headache, too, and the oil seems to help keep things lubricated. Good luck
  • 363days
    Options
    CONGRATS Downsizers for being 3rd in percentages ...Congrats @JaysFan82 @rwillems and @Jesi1011 for being our top 3 weight loss losers this week ...GREAT JOB :)

I'm late in congratulating everyone, but still wanted to recognize the fantastic job you all have done. Way to go!
  • 363days
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Emotional eating - how do you all deal with this?

My step mom is dying. My mom is in rehab after breaking her hip/ surgery and seems to be struggling -- all on the other side of the country. I just bought a ticket to fly to North Carolina later this week (again, I was there last week for my mom). I need to go support my dad as they try to bring step mom home for in-home hospice. Also, when my step mom passes, I am in charge of money for taking care of my dad(who is also pretty sick). I'm feeling sad and overwhelmed. I want a cookie. Or like, a box of cookies. And I know eating well is going to be really hard there.

I am so very sorry to hear of all of the issues you are going through. I'm in an emotional situation, myself, with someone going through chemo, and I am the primary caregiver. I pretty much ate and drank away feelings the first couple of months. I've started doing the following things in hopes to establish new habits (nothing is consistent, yet). 1) I'm in a group where I talk about my feelings 2) I do yoga or qi gong from videos on you tube, to get stress out of my body 3) I am a night binger, so I try to have regular meals early in the day so I'm not starving at night, and then go overboard. 4) I also want to start writing in a journal. Please let us know what tool you end up finding helpful, and best of luck with the road ahead.
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Jesi1011

PW 193
    CW 194
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 164
    CW: 164
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    PW: 325?
    CW: 324
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    What type scale do you use?

I have a Withings scale

I checked them out on Amazon and they are way above my price range.
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Really had to bust my *kitten* for that 1 pound this week. I typically take today off from working out but I had a great sleep and woke up with a ton of energy so I went for a run (no lifting today) and knocked off that pound.

8 more pounds to go.

You are amazing’

Weigh in day

PW 163.5
    CW- 163.7

I really thought i might be a pound or 2 lighter this week, people keep telling me i look like ive lost weight

@lindamtuck2018, i use an electronic scale, not sure what brand they are, or if they're accurate, seem to get a different result depending on the surface they're on, so i always try to weigh in the same area. its odd how they always switch themselves on when the dog barks 🤷‍♀️

You probably have lost more inches. My scales are always in the same place on a hard floor.
    363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Friday weigh in
    PW 177.8
    CW 175.6
    SW 173

I didn't have any alcohol this week, and not only did that keep me from the extra calories, but also kept me from some of the overeating that I do if I'm having drinks. I'm skipping alcohol this next week too - and want to keep moving forward without it.

Nice loss! Alcohol not only adds empty calories but I find it makes me feeling bloated.
    Jesi1011 wrote: »
    Jesi1011

PW 193
    CW 194

How did your week go?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Steps: 2,948
    Sleep:✔️✔️❌✔️❌✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️❌
    Exercise: ✔️✔️✔️✔️

I have a sinus infection and am now on antibiotics. Hopefully, in a few days it clears up.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Sorry to hear that you have a sinus infection. :(
    Glad you were able to get diagnosed and start a treatment.
    Hope you are able to get some good sleep during the nights and some rest in the daylight hours as well and that the antibiotics clear things up for you quickly.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    inshapeCK
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 156.4 pounds
    CW (Current Weight): 155.9 pounds
    Down 0.5 pounds since last Saturday.
    Down 14.2 pounds from my highest weight in 2016.

I was very concerned that I would be posting a gain this week since I lost 1.5 pounds for the previous week's weigh in and I don't usually lose that much weight in 1 week and a lot of that loss was because I wasn't able to eat very much due to a new health problem so I had a feeling I would gain some of it back.
    When I weighed myself yesterday/Friday to prepare myself for what my Saturday weigh in might be, I was up 0.9 pounds so I went for an extra long walk (1 hour and 18 minutes which is the longest I have been able to do in a very long time because of all my health problems) and I tried to better control what I ate yesterday in hopes of achieving a maintain.
    Since I wake up and get up and go back to bed numerous times in the morning these days due to my health problems, I ended up weighing myself all 3 times when I got up and I will admit that the first 2 times I got up and weighed myself I did have a gain but thankfully when I got up for good and weighed myself for my official weigh in I was down. PHEW!
    My goal for our next weigh in is to maintain the 2.3 pounds I've lost since starting this challenge 3 weeks ago.

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Friday weigh in
    PW 177.8
    CW 175.6
    SW 173

Well done great decision! My weight loss really got going once I gave up alcohol!! Its not just the calories in the drink .... for me it leads to uncontrolled eating or snacking!
  • 363days
    Options
    @Slimmersixties Yes, you are so right, about the uncontrolled eating - plus I always have shame attached to the excessive drinking and then the overeating. It really is a no win situation and I'm hoping to get control of the drinking and the uncontrolled eating.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw 241
    Cw 241.3

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.