• Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @KHill875 Thank you! I Will sure try it
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    KHill875 wrote: »
    Talking about beans, have any of you tried brownies made with beans? They are supposed to be good but I could be a total disaster.

I have a good recipe for chick pea cookie pie and that really good. My husband has made it a few times and even my kids love it.

https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/deep-dish-cookie-pie/

I think I'm going to try that recipe. Thanks for sharing.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @JenHul Plantar fasciitis is the worst!!! I'm sorry that you are suffering with it. I developed it two years ago from doing a lot of walking in really unsupportive winter boots. Initially I iced it and used ibuprofen to control the pain. I got more supportive shoes and put arch supports in all of them ( just the Dr. Scholls plantar fasciitis ones you can get from the pharmacy). I wore sneakers with arch supports nearly 100% of the time and did lots of stretches and strengthening exercises. It took a little over a year to completely go away. It's super frustrating to have and in hindsight, I probably should have gone to see a physiotherapist as that might have sped up the healing. Hope you can get some relief soon for it.
  • pedal__power
    Options
    @nancyinmo Well done!! That is a huge milestone, congratulations!
  • pedal__power
    Options
    @brttny7979 I hope your 5k goes well this weekend! Good for you for taking time to care of yourself by training through the thick of having sick kiddos at home and I hope they recover soon!

I too vote for no beans in brownies. I once tried chocolate pudding made with avocados....definitely not the same! I prefer to enjoy my desserts with all the regular rich ingredients.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh In

PW: 158.8
    CW: 156.0

I'm back below my end-of-December weight, but still not as low as Monday. I'll keep plugging along. I really think my weight is a couple pounds lower when I'm running more, thus the difference. Could I always be a little dehydrated? I'm weighing first thing in the morning, before I exercise, to limit the impact of water changes.

@JenHul Sorry about the plantar faciitis. I know it can be really painful. I've had it on and off and was starting to get about last month.

There are a couple different kinds of night splints. The compression sock one could easily make your foot fall asleep. There is another one that looks weird with a strap from the toe to pull the foot in a flexed position. That really helped me. Also, some foot strengthening exercises. Let me see if I can find the links. They were from my running coach who is a PT. Good luck.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I've got no plans at all, which is really nice for a change!

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @brttny7979 Good luck on your 5K!!! Have a great race!!!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 371 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Thank you @pedal__power , @jessicakrall8 , @nancyinmo, @SavageMrsMoose for all your suggestions. I will definitely check out "Vionic" footwear. Also I would love any stretches or foot strengthen advice. I have used Advil and Ice for the pain, I have used Doctor Scholls in the past, but nothing seems to work.
    I was able to keep night splint on for 4 hours last night before I had to take it off. Mine is the weird looking one with the straps that pull foot into flex with straps from toe to top of shin. I'm not sure if it is helping or not, probably too soon to tell.
    I do have different arch supports coming in today from "Samurai Insoles" so I hope I get some relief from them.
    Have a good Day everyone and enjoy your weekend!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Username: kcpond
    Thursday
    Previous weight-245.2
    Current weight-244.1
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,195 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 2/5: 12,448
    Mon 2/6: 12,338
    I posted the above on Tuesday, not realizing I hadn't updated the date to this week.
    Here are my steps thus far for this week:

Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 2/12: 12,053
    Mon 2/13: 14,940
    Tue 2/14: 10,442
    Wed 2/15: 10,009
    Thu 2/16: 10,861
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,195 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    frankwbrown
    February week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday, February 17
    PW: 236.1
    CW: 235.7 ( lost 0.4 lbs; 0.17%)
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    @KHill875
    I am glad you mentioned some positives yourself already! Weight loss is about so much more than just the number on the scale. Every small change you have made has made you healthier and that is awesome. It is a marathon and not a sprint anyway, slow and steady is great.

Great losses today team!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 222
    CW: 221.5
  • Pupowl
    Options
    I got a few packs with affirmation cards today! I am not really into cliche messages, but the sets I picked out look really fun. Since I have been struggling a lot lately, I thought that these would be nice to try. I haven't looked through the cards yet to keep the surprise a bit longer. I was thinking of posting my daily card here as well, maybe the message will help some of you too. Is that a fun idea or does it sound dumb? I would love to get some feedback on this. Either way, I will post it under a spoiler so people who do not care about it can just scroll past and ignore it.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl I think the card is a nice idea. I got this pack last year when I was having a hard time. I found it helpful, I don’t think I got through all of them. This is a great reminder to get them out again.
    zw22p7ca4c96.jpeg
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my goals have changed a bit to losing more weight again so I'd like to join the weekly weigh-ins. I've made a lot of progress with my training, but will be participating in a bike ride across the state of Iowa later this year and so I'm working on dropping weight along with sticking to my current training schedule of weightlifting and cycling.

CW: 195.6
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @CasandraW Nice! That's one of the sets I got as well. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.