Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 and @PatriceFitnessPal I also had fun walking on the tread and watching the first quarter- It really helped my eating later on in the evening. I walked a total of 4.68 miles- about 45 minutes of the pre-game show and the first quarter.

@nancyinmo Hope you had a great weekend in Bloomington! I think its a neat little town, and of course, its always great to see your kiddo, isn't it? Last trip, our son drove us out to a state park and a little town called Nashville. Very cute.

Here are my steps

2/10 16,707 (I mistyped in my last post and called it 2/12, which hadn't even happened!!!

2/11 16,857

2/12 23,215 Thank you superbowl!

Heading back to Colorado today, but I have time for a quick workout before I head to the airport.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday Weigh in day

PW: 176.8
    CW: 178

Missing steps for Jan 29. 4455

Feb. 6= 13,854
    Feb. 7= 6724
    Feb.8= 8603
    Feb.9= 4143
    Feb.10= 6461
    Feb. 11=3443
    Feb.12= 3053

The flu bug hit our house this last week, Plus my B day was in there too. Very low steps, plus a jump on the scale in the wrong direction. Oh well. New week, new goals! Good luck everyone.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400
    Oh that does look cute! I am not surprised it took a while with those weird shapes and not having a reference picture. Really nice it has been around for a long time and still in pretty decent shape. I having been working on my next puzzle today as well. It is a 500 XL piece, which I didn't realise when I bought it. It is 500 big pieces and the finished puzzle will be the same size as a 1000 one. It feels pretty easy so far because of it.
  • Pupowl
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1
    Glad to hear you are feeling better! I also struggle with emotional eating, it is not fun at all.
    @SavageMrsMoose
    Awesome steps!
    @JenHul
    Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good time and that everyone in your household is feeling better.
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi @jessicakrall8: In case I am missing, my Sunday weight (Superbowl, 02/12!) was 149.0.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl , tyvm.
  • zog_a_log
    zog_a_log Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in Monday
    (SW): 135.8lbs
    PW: 134lbs
    CW: 134lbs
    LTD: 1.8 lbs
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @izzyred9400
    I made beans on toast for the first time this morning!!! :smiley:
    Last week with my dad I bought a cheap toaster, I haven't owned one in years. I was thinking what kind of savory things I could eat and then came up with the beans. I believe you eat it a lot for breakfast right? How do you like it? I had it plain on very dark bread. It was very filling, but a little boring. My bean:bread ratio was also off, too many beans. How much do you use on a slice? I will try again tomorrow on white bread!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    We have a 12-year old Boston Terrier and his health has really been declining this year. He had a sore leg and was hobbling on his other three legs for awhile, but he responded well to physical therapy in the pool. Now, his back legs are really giving out. He sometimes falls down and has trouble getting up so we bought a harness with two handle-type loops - placed in the front and back - for us to support him. We use it on the stairs so he can still climb and descend on his own while we guide him to prevent tripping, etc.

I took him to the vet yesterday and she said he might have a pinched nerve. He’s taking a higher dosage of prednisone to reduce the inflammation and we made an appointment for a piezoelectric or acupuncture treatment, depending on what the other vet decides is best.

We were happy to see (our little rascal) Petey benefit from the pool treadmill to overcome his last injury - and the owner of the pool recommended swimming to strengthen his hind legs - so we’ll probably try that, too! He’s still very food- and treat-motivated but we have to make sure he stays at a healthy weight so he doesn’t put any extra burden on his joints, etc. I can certainly relate to his aging difficulties!!

We’ll see how it goes … I’m trying not to eat my own emotions while watching him decline. He’s like a Phoenix rising from the ashes over the years so I’m optimistic he can recover — again!

I hope you all have a good week. Keep trying like Petey and we’ll do our best to support you in getting up again after any fall. Go Shape Shifters!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @izzyred9400
    I made beans on toast for the first time this morning!!! :smiley:
    Last week with my dad I bought a cheap toaster, I haven't owned one in years. I was thinking what kind of savory things I could eat and then came up with the beans. I believe you eat it a lot for breakfast right? How do you like it? I had it plain on very dark bread. It was very filling, but a little boring. My bean:bread ratio was also off, too many beans. How much do you use on a slice? I will try again tomorrow on white bread!

What kind of beans @pupowl and how did you cook them? Just curious...love pretty much any beans you could name, but it all depends on how they're prepared, in my opinion...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    For those of you celebrating today:

qepcjxjdg9uj.png
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    TexanMom8152
    Weigh Day - Tuesday
    PW 227.8
    CW 226.4
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    No idea where the week went. Been super busy at work. I read through the posts and laughed when I saw my weight post from last week. (No I didn't gain and then lose 60 pounds. :) )

Loved all of the puzzle pictures.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    No idea where the week went. Been super busy at work. I read through the posts and laughed when I saw my weight post from last week. (No I didn't gain and then lose 60 pounds. :) )

Good thing I went with my gut, huh?! LOL! You're as busy as I am lately! Hang in there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,185 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 2/5: 12,448
    Mon 2/6: 12,338
  • Pupowl
    Options
    What kind of beans @pupowl and how did you cook them? Just curious...love pretty much any beans you could name, but it all depends on how they're prepared, in my opinion...
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8
    From what I have read, the only 'right' beans for this are Heinz baked beans in the blue can. https://www.amazon.com/Heinz-Baked-Beans-Tomato-Sauce/dp/B000BTAREY
    I tossed them in the microwave for 2 minutes, that's about the extend of cooking I am willing to do so it worked out well. :lol:

• Pupowl
    Options
    Daily check in ~ February 14
    Steps: 17.394
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I was feeling pretty lazy and I ate too much food again. It was really cold at night, but got quite warm during the day. Tinus enjoyed sitting in the sun a lot. I finished the 500 piece puzzle. There wasn't really anything that slowed me down and it was done early in the morning already. So I also started a new one! I love the picture on the 500 piece, but I really wish it was normal sized. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
    sagaocym4v9a.jpg

This discussion has been closed.