• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Pupowl , I love that particular card. Ty for sharing

Mondays are weighing
    Pw227.6
    Cw 227.2

We are making staffing changes at the store. It's for the better. Another stressor removed for many of us at the store.
    I've been able to get outside and do things in the yard as it's been prespring like weather here. I'm going into the shed today to work on it. And find my Easter decor. Being in the yard is a way for me to relief stress and burn calories as well.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @Pupowl, for sharing the daily messages with us!

It’s a good reminder that forgiving ourselves for our missteps can bring us peace. I think it can give us strength to make more informed choices in the future if we reflect and learn from our mistakes instead of holding on to them. Some of you have heard me quote my father who once told me that “guilt is a wasted emotion.” There is no shame in learning.

On New Year’s Day, I always forgive anyone who upset me during the previous year. I’m going to use today’s message to help me forgive anyone I’m currently thinking negatively about and I’ll also
    consider ways I can mend my relationship with anyone who may have feel slighted by me.

We’re all a work in progress, I guess … Let’s make the best of today. Have a good one, Shape Shifters!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Wasn't expecting todays card to be so popular! I guess it is because I don't have a social life, lol, so I don't really have any negative interactions with people. I am glad it was a good message for the group though.
    @SavageMrsMoose
    I really like the card holders too. I have 2 alligators and 1 elephant. I will show that one off tomorrow. :smile: Good luck with the bike miles! That is a pretty big amount. My mom is doing a walking challenge this year, 20 weeks with 23 kilometers of walking. Also pretty fun, but I doubt I could be consistent enough to do something like that.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm back inside yall. One hour of outside work in the shed and yard. Easter decor is up outside and out in the house. I did 1 hour as well yesterday outside getting trash from the outside and around the shed picked up and taken to the dumpster. So....guess who's got a big s.ile on the face? Yeppers. I'm so ready to get in the yard on these nice days. Tomorrow is rain followed by a few cooler days.

And I forgot to mention to the group earlier...my bf and I are looking for a place to move in together. We are going to be 1 1/2 hours from here to be closer to his mom who is 80. And she I believe is actually excited for Anthony and I as well as we are too. And...and...Anthony says he wants to lose a little bit of weight as well, so I guess I'll have a get healthy partner as well. So things are definitely falling into the blessings category
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Shape Shifters,

had a very good strength workout with my cousin today 💪 and looking forward to tuesdays total body workout. It’s always a lot of fun

Last Thursday in my Pilates class there was a different instructor than usual and he did more of a yoga and mobility class with us. The exercises were great and he was such a lovely instructor, I enjoyed the class very, very much. Afterwards I found out that he does this kind of class (simply called „Health“) on wednesdays. I’m definitely going to be there on Wednesday as well ☺️

Love today‘s card @pupowl, though I usually don’t hold grudges but I really struggle with forgiving myself like @PatriceFitnessPal mentioned. So I‘ll take it as a reminder to be nice to myself ☺️❤️
  • Bumbinella
    Options
    @CasandraW those muffins look very good. Would you mind sharing the recipe? 137 cal per piece sounds too good not to try it 😅
  • Bumbinella
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 Gardening is so therapeutic. I love it ☺️
    The move sounds very exciting! All the best for this!
  • zog_a_log
    zog_a_log Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    sorry i need to leave the team. can't make the next few weigh-ins and not really engaging with this right. good luck everyone!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    zog_a_log wrote: »
    sorry i need to leave the team. can't make the next few weigh-ins and not really engaging with this right. good luck everyone!

I've asked the MODS to remove you. If you decide you'd like to return, please let us know and we'll welcome you back. Sometimes it's best to take a break to re-motivate yourself. Good luck to you!
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Bumbinella wrote: »
    @CasandraW those muffins look very good. Would you mind sharing the recipe? 137 cal per piece sounds too good not to try it 😅

Here is the recipe
    1 3/4 C (220g) white flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon (sometimes I use 1 tbsp)
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
    1/2 c (100g) white sugar
    1/3 c (67g) brown sugar
    2 eggs at room temp
    2 tsp vanilla
    2 tbsp milk
    1 3/4 c (190g) shredded zucchini (no need to blot)

Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls (except zucchini), add dry to wet, mix gently care not to over mix. Fold in zucchini. Makes 12 muffins
    Bake 425 5 min then Bake at 350 for 15-17 min.

I find they only need the 15 minutes at 350, but everyone's oven is different. I've also never made the recipe using "cups" I always weigh my ingredients, I recommend you do the same if possible. If the instructions are not clear please let me know. I don't normally write recipes down with step by step instructions, just the ingredients and baking time/temp. It drives my kids nuts.
  • Bumbinella
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    Bumbinella wrote: »

Here is the recipe
    1 3/4 C (220g) white flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon (sometimes I use 1 tbsp)
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
    1/2 c (100g) white sugar
    1/3 c (67g) brown sugar
    2 eggs at room temp
    2 tsp vanilla
    2 tbsp milk
    1 3/4 c (190g) shredded zucchini (no need to blot)

Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls (except zucchini), add dry to wet, mix gently care not to over mix. Fold in zucchini. Makes 12 muffins
    Bake 425 5 min then Bake at 350 for 15-17 min.

I find they only need the 15 minutes at 350, but everyone's oven is different. I've also never made the recipe using "cups" I always weigh my ingredients, I recommend you do the same if possible. If the instructions are not clear please let me know. I don't normally write recipes down with step by step instructions, just the ingredients and baking time/temp. It drives my kids nuts.

Thank you so much for sharing your recipe! I‘ll report back how they turned out ☺️
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday weigh-in
    PW: 303.9
    CW: 304.2
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,218 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 2/19: 13,928
    Mon 2/20: 14,550
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good morning shape shifters!

Feeling a bit discouraged today. I rode 36 miles on the peloton yesterday until my butt was totally numb, but then was starving and had no motivation to run on the treadmill. I supposedly was under my calorie goal by a hair, but I ate back every exercise calorie and I don't really trust those. Not surprisingly, the scale is still up.

I'm going to try to get back on track today, although I'm determined to catch up with my annual bike challenge, I also need to run. I just find it hard to do two workouts in a day.

Steps: 2/19 18,650 My tracker counts cross country skiing!

2/20 6,936 my tracker does not count bike riding!

It's a beautiful day here, although a snow storm is supposedly coming tonight. Take care everyone!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday Weigh in day
    PW: 178.0
    CW:178.0

Steps Feb.16= 8304
    Feb 17= 10,012
    Feb 18= 4731
    Feb 19= 2878
    Feb 20= 8624

@cre804 Thank you for all that info in your post! I will check out that link. Also thank you @PatriceFitnessPal for you well wishes.
    Steps are low, weight is not moving. I understand I need to move more, due to my sore heels it's very difficult.
    I just purchased a recumbent bike so I will be trying that out tonight after supper when I usually go for a walk. I'm hoping I enjoy it, and with it not being all my weight on my heels I'm hoping this will help with weight goals.
    Question: when on the bike, does your fitbit recognize this exercise or do you manually input workout?

Have a great Day everyone!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    @JenHul — I don’t know how the Fitbit works but I think @jessicakrall8 has a resource that helps translate various workouts into steps if the Fitbit doesn’t recognize it. Great idea to use a bike so your heels (and probably knees) get some relief while you’re exercising!
This discussion has been closed.