Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal I hope Petey gets better soon! 💪

@Pupowl love your puzzle pictures! ☺️
    How does Tinus like the panda scratch board?
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    I am sorry to hear Petey is having issues. 12 is pretty old for a pup! It seems like you have tried lots of things to help him out already. Swimming seems like a great option. I had issues with Tinus limping in the past, though vets couldn't find anything. Since I started giving him Flexadin, I haven't seen it again. They have it for dogs and cats and it is for joint support and flexibility. Maybe something like that is also worth giving a try. I hope you can find a treatment that helps keep him comfortable and enjoying life.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @Bumbinella
    He doesn't! I haven't even seen him sitting on it. :smiley: I know that is the 'risk' of buying stuff for cats. They either love it or hate it and there doesn't seem to be much of an in between.
  • Bumbinella
    Options
    Quick check in: had two very good workouts the last two days. My weight has been going up and down 2 lbs for the last few weeks, though I try to be very consistent with my calorie deficit and working out. No noticeable movement on the scale… but I try to be patient and believe that I‘m doing everything right, so the weight has to come off eventually.
  • Bumbinella
    Options
    @Pupowl yes, that’s the risk... And most times an old cardboard box will be more attractive to them than the nicest stuff you buy them. At least the panda board looks cute 😅
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Hi all,Just got back from my morning Dance fit class.I tried out my new pink trainers,they were fine.@Pupowl your question about the beans made me laugh 😃 I didn't realise I had them that often lol.My eldest son is alot like you & doesn't like to cook.As he works from home 3 days a week & only has 15 mins break he makes beans on toast every day ! I put half the tin on 2 slices of bread.I like wholemeal bread.Also I like beans with hash browns so usually weight out about 120g or egg.Cheese on toast with beans on top is my fave though.Heinz beans are the best.
    @PatriceFitnessPal I do hope you can help Petey to be a bit more mobile.He sounds like such a good pal.

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In:
    PW: 161.4
    CW: 161.0
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @izzyred9400
    I just recalled seeing it in your food diary before, so you seemed the right person to ask! :smiley: Half a tin for two slices sounds good. I don't have enough containers for the microwave, so I think I will go to the store today to grab an extra set. Thank you!
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Talking about beans, have any of you tried brownies made with beans? They are supposed to be good but I could be a total disaster.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal -So sorry about Petey. If only they could talk….Hopefully he’ll bounce back. It’s amazing what they can do!

Hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day! I had two days of traveling, eating out, wine, etc and it showed on the scale. Ughh- I’d been doing so well! I guess today is a new day! Hope everyone has a good one.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @nancyinmo congratulations!!!
    @Nataliewr0403 I made black bean brownies once a few years back. Same thing, they were supposed to be delicious……nope! So nasty. It could have been the recipe, but I’ve never tried to make them again.
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW thank you! If I am brave enough and because of its health benefits. I will try.
    Right now I am enjoying rolled oats with banana and peanut butter and dark chocolate chips. A treat to when I want something sweet
  • Pupowl
    Options
    I can see brownies would work with beans in them, depending on the beans of course. Chocolate is a pretty strong flavour so it could mask the beans. I have had bean icecream in a restaurant, that was very tasty.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @nancyinmo
    That's great! 50lbs is a huge loss, you should be proud.
  • Bumbinella
    Options
    @nancyinmo Wow! Congratulations 🎉☺️
  • Bumbinella
    Options
    There’s a vegan café in my neighborhood that offers brownies made of beans. I’m not vegan but tried one of their bean brownies a while ago. Though I expected it to be a bit tasteless it was really good. The chocolate masked the beans well and the texture was really nice as well. Depends on the recipe, I guess.
  • Bumbinella
    Options
    Step check in for Bumbinella - Jacqueline

Feb 8: 1,142
    Feb 9: 2,606
    Feb 10: 9,703

Feb 11: 13,252
    Feb 12: 8,380
    Feb 13: 1,346

Feb 14: 7,826
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/13 8,217
    2/14 4,183
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @nancyinmo !!!! That’s spectacular!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!!

But I’ll skip the brownies with beans…

Forgot my steps ….

2/13 15,168
    2/14 4852. Was traveling and didn’t wear my tracker most of the day
This discussion has been closed.