Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Happy hump day. Hope everyone is having a great week. I am working a lot this week, I am subbing at my old job today and friday as a school nurse, and being as I am a sub, I dont have to do all those little side tasks that keep me busy, so I have a lot of down time so get caught up on the happenings here. This is nice as my other job is constant on the run, but still means no days off this week which is a bummer, but this is what I used to do on the regular, except the school nurse one was full time and mu other one was weekends. but I have certainly been enjoying days off.
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Hi all, week started out good with workouts on Monday and Tuesday, even got some steps in… but then today I woke up with a sore throat and was sleeping most of the day.
    Made myself some vegetable soup and had that throughout the day - and not much else. Can’t get myself to eat anything while I’m sick. Hope it will pass soon…
  • Bumbinella
    @angmarie28 That sounds like a very busy week! Hope you can make the best of your down time in between ☺️💪
  • Bumbinella
    @izzyred9400 your forest walk and especially the lunch site sounds so, so lovely! The picture you posted is really pretty. What a beautiful scenery ☺️
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    I'm going to be watching the Super Bowl by myself Sunday. Thinking I might walk on the treadmill for at least part of it. Anyone want to join me virtually?

Melissa

What time and I'll join you for part of it?! I'm on ET in Virginia...so give it to me in my time zone please. Should be fun...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited February 2023
    TexanMom8152
    Weigh Day Tuesday
    PW 288.2
    CW 287.8

@TexanMom8152 Can I assume the above should say 228.2 for PW and 227.8 for CW...the above CANNOT be accurate. Let me know.
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    Hello, just checking in.
    I read through the posts, lots going on. Hope everyone who is sick feels better soon!

I made mozzarella today, I've been planning to make it since our trip to Italy in July. I even bought the supplies way back in July too. I kept forgetting to buy the correct milk to make it. You can't use the ultra-pasteurized which is what I normally buy. We only have one regular milk drinker in the house and that stuff stays fresh longer.
    Anyways, it turned out well and became a lovely caprese salad at lunch. It was tasty and maybe just a tiny bit too firm. I'll try to adjust it for next time. I love being able to make the things I normally buy from scratch. It's not cheaper, but it sure is satisfying.

My favourite things to make from scratch are:
    breads and buns
    cakes, pies, chocolates
    preserves like jam, pickled beets, tomato sauce
    and maple syrup

Anyone else enjoy making things from scratch?
  • jessicakrall8
    CasandraW wrote: »

My favourite things to make from scratch are:
    breads and buns
    cakes, pies, chocolates
    preserves like jam, pickled beets, tomato sauce
    and maple syrup

Anyone else enjoy making things from scratch?

@CasandraW Can't say "favorite things to make" but I make really great homemade biscuits when I find the time to do so. Used to enter them on contests at the county fair and got blue ribbons every time! Small towns...gotta love em!
    Jessica :smile:
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    Yummm!!! Southern biscuits are sooo good. Nothing like them anywhere else
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,550 Member
    edited February 2023
    @izzyred9400 Looks pretty!! I wouldn't worry about the spoiler for one picture, I mostly used it when I had a lot to post. I imagine that would be a little disruptive for people on mobile or something. Now everyone gets to see it so that's nice too! The code for it is [ spoiler ] link to picture here [ / spoiler ] without the spaces. There is also an icon on the bar above the post, if you press the 6th one before the emoji, you can click the spoiler option. It's the same thing as the text I wrote above, but then you don't have to type it yourself. Hope that is clear enough.

plvep52sp8ew.png

@jessicakrall8 I saw your post, no worries! I wrote a message back, I will get back to you soon.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Hey yall,
    Pw 217.6
    Cw 230.8

Lots of emotional eating going on here. My friend Tonia needs prayers as her hubs John has been on hospice a couple weeks but might not make it through the weekend.

Good news is that my bp meds have been decreased. Go me team 1.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @Armygirlarmyof1 So sorry about your friends husband.

@jessicakrall8 I'll be on central time zone so the game starts at 4:30 my time- 5:30 yours. I'm planning on walking the 1st quarter -should be about 30 minutes with the commercials.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    Steps:
    2/7 4,855
    2/8 7,072
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    @SavageMrsMoose - I’ll join the Shape Shifter Super Bowl workout. I don’t have any preference on who wins so it will feel good to make productive use of the time. I’ll probably use a stationary bike - or maybe the elliptical machine - at the YMCA.

@Armygirlarmyof1 - I’m sorry you are experiencing such an emotional time while you support your friend. The hospice workers can be so helpful to families so I’m glad timo hear that your friend’s husband has that care and support.

@Pupowl - Congratulations on your NSV! Even five minutes of movement is better than none. So, good for you for getting started — and then continuing to the finish is a bonus!! Nice job.

@CasandraW and @jessicakrall8 - I’m impressed by your culinary and baking skills. I would like to eat fewer processed foods, and fresh ingredients make everything taste better, so I hope to improve in this area. Thanks for sharing your examples for inspiration!

@LaurieWrobo - I’m sending healing ❤️‍🩹 wishes that your husband’s inflammation goes down soon and his doctor is able to find the cause (if it wasn’t caused by his other medication). My son sometimes experiences costochondritis (so?) when there is swelling that causes his lung and chest cavity to touch, causing discomfort and pain, but the cause is unclear. I hope you can both rest and he feels more comfortable soon!

Have a great week, Shape Shifters!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited February 2023
    My goal is to maintain my weight at 120-130 pounds. Here’s my weekly weigh-in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 135.1
    CW: 134.7

SW: 168
    LTD: 33.3

I skipped soccer on Sunday and my winter conditioning session at the boathouse on Tuesday. The weather was nice both days but I had the motivation to work on my decluttering goal, so I decided to go with the energy flow

My nutrition wasn’t too bad. My protein target is 20 percent and I only averaged 17 percent. I’ll keep working on it. For calorie intake, most days were good (5 out of 7 days) but I was over by 200 calories one day (one workout would have eliminated this surplus). Another day I was over by 500 calories but I don’t feel as though the food I ate was terrible. I’ll just need to integrate more fruit and vegetables, I think. Best wishes, everyone!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    Username: kcpond
    Thursday
    Previous weight-244.5
    Current weight-245.2

• jessicakrall8
    Hey yall,
    Pw 217.6
    Cw 230.8

Lots of emotional eating going on here. My friend Tonia needs prayers as her hubs John has been on hospice a couple weeks but might not make it through the weekend.

Good news is that my bp meds have been decreased. Go me team 1.

@armygirlarmyof1 There is no way you have gained that in a week's time...are you dealing with swelling from the meds or something? I'm going to EXC you for this week's weigh in...please take care of yourself and weigh in next week. We're here for support if you need to share. I'm SO sorry for your friend's husband who's in hospice. I will be praying peace over you and both of them. Take care!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited February 2023
    @Armygirlarmyof1 So sorry about your friends husband.

@jessicakrall8 I'll be on central time zone so the game starts at 4:30 my time- 5:30 yours. I'm planning on walking the 1st quarter -should be about 30 minutes with the commercials.

@savagemrsmoose I'll start at 530 my time and plan for 30 minutes. I will not be watching the game so text me if you're like...my cell is 757-362-6960.

@PatriceFitnessPal It's a party now!! WOOHOO!!! Let's go girls!
    Jessica
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 266 Member
    @kodakslim
    @Yukie_OP
    You are missing steps from January. Please check the chart and report in so I can close out the month and report our winners. Thanks!

Jessica

@jessicakrall8 -- So sorry for the delay
    Missing Steps:
    1/26/23 - 6054
    1/27/23 - 3834
    1/28/23 - 8615
    1/29/23 - 1955
    1/30/23 - 4470
    1/31/23 - 4068

Not joining the step challenge and I think I also need a break from weigh-ins this month. My schedule is hectic with multiple work deadlines + cramming for exams. So for now, not prioritizing steps or weight-loss goals. Hopefully March is less stressful and I can come back to be more engage with the group.
This discussion has been closed.