Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Honestly, that sucks! We've all been there, when we've been on track and the scale lies! I see your daily workouts on my newsfeed, you are doing the work. Hugs!

• JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day
    PW:176.8
    CW:176.8
    The scale is not moving at all, I think it's stuck at this weight lol

Steps
    Jan 30= 11,467
    Jan 31= 8667
    Feb 1 = 6581
    Feb 2 = 12,366
    Feb 3 = 13,739
    Feb 4 = 6708
    Feb 5 = 2290

Wow I just kinda dropped off the map on the weekend for steps. I fall off on weekends with logging food too, I need to stay consistent. These lazy weekends are prob why the scale is not moving :neutral:
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Shape Shifters ☺️

Hope you‘re all having a good week so far!

Our scale broke yesterday. Got a new one. Starting weight on the new scale is a few lbs higher than my weight on Sunday. Can’t be a real weight gain, as I was super good with eating and working out. Different scales simply show different results. I try not to stress too much about it. But it was still a bummer to see a higher number than expected when I stepped on it…

Maybe I should try to focus a bit more on non scale parameters like sleep, water intake, workouts. I think I read something about it in a challenge here. I remember thinking it was too much to track and I would set myself up for failure, given my current state of mind (I have been diagnosed with a burnout recently) and didn’t want to put more pressure on myself. But maybe that’s the way to go… pick a few non scale related parameters I think I can tackle easily. Might be a healthier way of monitoring my weight loss than relying on the scale alone.

I see a few of you fellow Shape Shifters doing it. I think I should give it a try.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Step check in:
    02/02 13,242
    02/03 10,918
    02/04 13,111
    02/05 14,103
    02/06 14,930

I was out of town last weekend for my kid's hockey tournament. My calorie and salt intake was pretty high from eating out a lot and my exercise was lower than usual but I fit in a walk while waiting for each hockey game to start instead of just waiting around in the arena. Sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up on all your messages, hope everyone is doing well this week!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,185 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 2/5: 12,448
    Mon 2/6: 12,338
  • Bumbinella
    Options
    Step check in for Bumbinella - Jacqueline

Feb 5: 7,150
    Feb 6: 10,625
    Feb 7: 1,631
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 - I truly don’t know how you keep up with all the numbers posted. You’re amazing!

@PatriceFitnessPal Well, I lean on my wonderful Motivator, of course! Thank you for your kind words...I truly just eat them up and appreciate you so much! You help take the pressure off. I'm hoping to convince @pupowl to co-captain with me. I think she'd be a wonderful addition to the leadership! She's inspiring too!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Honestly, that sucks! We've all been there, when we've been on track and the scale lies! I see your daily workouts on my newsfeed, you are doing the work. Hugs!

@SavageMrsMoose Not really disappointed as it was my birthday week and I had a few days of celebrating. My comment was that I had issues when I tried to post my weight on Monday...it didn't show up afterward...so had to post again on Tuesday. MFP has gremlins sometimes. I'm back to working harder this week. This week's challenge on my quest for more fruits/veggies is helping a lot.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    JenHul wrote: »
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day
    PW:176.8
    CW:176.8
    The scale is not moving at all, I think it's stuck at this weight lol

Steps
    Jan 30= 11,467
    Jan 31= 8667
    Feb 1 = 6581
    Feb 2 = 12,366
    Feb 3 = 13,739
    Feb 4 = 6708
    Feb 5 = 2290

Wow I just kinda dropped off the map on the weekend for steps. I fall off on weekends with logging food too, I need to stay consistent. These lazy weekends are prob why the scale is not moving :neutral:

@JenHul Did you have any steps for Jan 29th?
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @pupowl I'm not sure what our time difference is. I'm in Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA. Can you figure out a time when we might be able to meet using either messenger video on Facebook, Microsoft TEAMS, ZOOM or something similar. I get off work and am home by 6pm M-F and can be up to 11pm or anytime over the weekend. What would work best for you just so we can chat for a bit?

Let me know.
    Jessica
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    TexanMom8152
    Weigh Day Tuesday
    PW 288.2
    CW 287.8
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 161.8
    CW: 161.4
  • Bumbinella
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo hope your husband is feeling better soon! All the best for a speedy recovery!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 Beautiful picture! I can't do the spoiler either- even though @Pupowl has tried to explain.

@jessicakrall8 Why am I not surprised that you have a healthy, realistic attitude towards the scale. You are an inspiration!

@PatriceFitnessPal Enjoy Austin! My brother lives there! My daughter, who is also a rower, did for a while too, but I don't think she rowed while she lived there. Let me know if you want any food recommendations, but its hard to find bad BBQ or Mexican in the city.

Went cross country skiing with my husband yesterday. He still doesn't feel comfortable with downhill yet because of his hip replacements, but it was so nice to do an activity outside with him. We are planning on going again today after his PT.

@jessicakrall8 I'm heading to Houston tomorrow to check on my parents. The weather should be perfect for running so I can ease back into it. I'm planning on weighing tomorrow before I leave. If my weight is too off Friday because of scale difference, I'll just use tomorrow's weight. I've been very disciplined this week and should have a loss.

I'm going to be watching the Super Bowl by myself Sunday. Thinking I might walk on the treadmill for at least part of it. Anyone want to join me virtually?

Steps

2/6 17,433
    2/7 9,797

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

Melissa
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,785 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-171
    Current weight-171
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,785 Member
    Options
    1/30-11,457
    1/31-10,115
    2/1-6,249
    2/2-9,109
    2/3-8,302
    2/4-9,914
    2/5-13,816
    2/6-9,993
    2/7-10,329

I thought I posted steps since the 29th but couldnt find it so here they are
This discussion has been closed.