Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ty Jessica. My bp meds were decreased on January 31st. So it could be partly that as well. Ik I've done emotional eating. When I do that it's always salty foods so I do realize when I emotionally eat what I tend to go too.
  • Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Lynniebinny76
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW 241.0
    CW 239.0
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    👩 Username: kodakslim
    🗓 Weigh-in day: Friday
    👣 PW: 155.6
    👣 CW: 154.2

I seem to be stuck between 154 and 155 pounds. I’m going to make more of an effort this week, and I really need to up my walking. Let’s see what next week brings. Hope everyone is doing ok x
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    Hello, just checking in.
    I read through the posts, lots going on. Hope everyone who is sick feels better soon!

I made mozzarella today, I've been planning to make it since our trip to Italy in July. I even bought the supplies way back in July too. I kept forgetting to buy the correct milk to make it. You can't use the ultra-pasteurized which is what I normally buy. We only have one regular milk drinker in the house and that stuff stays fresh longer.
    Anyways, it turned out well and became a lovely caprese salad at lunch. It was tasty and maybe just a tiny bit too firm. I'll try to adjust it for next time. I love being able to make the things I normally buy from scratch. It's not cheaper, but it sure is satisfying.

My favourite things to make from scratch are:
    breads and buns
    cakes, pies, chocolates
    preserves like jam, pickled beets, tomato sauce
    and maple syrup

Anyone else enjoy making things from scratch?

sounds yummy, I LOVE cheese. I was vegetarian for 2 years and tried being vegan but didnt even make it a day because I love cheese, haha. I personally do not like cooking, which is probably a good thing because I do enjoy eating, alot, hahaha.

I do cook most nights for my family, I make a mean meatloaf, and my zuppa soup is delish.
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Happy Friday all. Im finally on my last day of my 7 day work stretch. Its been fun being back at the school working, but I am definitely enjoying having days off each week. Before leaving the school I was working 6 to 7 days a week because the school didn't pay much.

Woke up not feeling to well, sore throat, head ache, hopefully its nothing, but wouldnt be surprised with working at the school this week with all the sick kiddos
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400, that looks like a great place to walk. This summer, I want to find a nice lake that's not too cold and do some open water swimming, after a hike and maybe some kayaking (if there's a rental available).
    @PatriceFitnessPal, I love that Yogi Berra quote! 🤣

• frankwbrown
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 2/7: 15,504
    Wed 2/8: 16,917
    Thu 2/9: 12,325

I've brought my total steps for the first nine days of February up to ~76,000, still about 20,000 steps short of where I need to be to hit 300,000 steps for the month. So, I need to average ~11,500 steps per day for the next 19 days. (These Garmin Challenges are great motivators!)
    pm89jjzfuajm.png
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Daily check in ~ February 9
    Steps: 19.306
    Workout (4 a week): yes ~ (3/4)
    Hello Shape Shifters. I had a busy Thursday. My dad came over to do laundry, shop with me and go for lunch. I got some clothes, birdfood, flower seeds for the butterflies in the summer, a fleece blanket and some other small things. I also got an adorable panda scratch board for Tinus, though I doubt he will use it. It was just too cute not to get! It can go on the wall which I think will be fun.
    We set up a new wooden pole in the front garden with several bird feeders on them. I think it looks really nice and I have a perfect view of all the spots when I am sitting on the couch working on my puzzle. I saw a yellowhammer for the first time here yesterday which was cool as well. Two houses ago I got loads in the garden, but seems they aren't around a lot here. I love birds so much! I was really tired after lunch, so I mostly worked on the puzzle. I was very much not in the mood to workout (never am in the evening to be fair) but I did a 50 minute video regardless. Some random pictures under the spoiler. Happy Friday everyone <3
    a0xg6krnopxk.jpg
    jt1aipomkqda.jpg
    5j589jpwg8cv.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @izzyred9400 Looks pretty!! I wouldn't worry about the spoiler for one picture, I mostly used it when I had a lot to post. I imagine that would be a little disruptive for people on mobile or something. Now everyone gets to see it so that's nice too! The code for it is [ spoiler ] link to picture here [ / spoiler ] without the spaces. There is also an icon on the bar above the post, if you press the 6th one before the emoji, you can click the spoiler option. It's the same thing as the text I wrote above, but then you don't have to type it yourself. Hope that is clear enough.

plvep52sp8ew.png

@jessicakrall8 I saw your post, no worries! I wrote a message back, I will get back to you soon.
    It's easy once you get the hang of it. It's important though that the text ends up looking as Pupowl
    mentioned. One way to ensure that is, first select Spoiler from the Paragraph dropdown menu.
    This will insert "[ spoiler]|[ /spoiler]" into the text area, with the cursor placed between the opening and closing tags.
    So, when you insert the link, it will look something like this (without the space after "[" and "]":
    [ spoiler][img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/15/7dzvtqq8ujny.png[/img][ /spoiler]

(If you have trouble selecting, you can always manually type the spoiler tags, although that's a hassle on a phone vs a laptop.)
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    frankwbrown
    February week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday, February 10
    PW: 237.0
    CW: 236.1 ( lost 0.9 lbs; 0.38%) this week
    LTD: ( gained 0.4 lbs; 0.17%) this month
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Daily check in ~ February 9
    Steps: 19.306
    Workout (4 a week): yes ~ (3/4)
    Hello Shape Shifters. I had a busy Thursday. My dad came over to do laundry, shop with me and go for lunch. I got some clothes, birdfood, flower seeds for the butterflies in the summer, a fleece blanket and some other small things. I also got an adorable panda scratch board for Tinus, though I doubt he will use it. It was just too cute not to get! It can go on the wall which I think will be fun.
    We set up a new wooden pole in the front garden with several bird feeders on them. I think it looks really nice and I have a perfect view of all the spots when I am sitting on the couch working on my puzzle. I saw a yellowhammer for the first time here yesterday which was cool as well. Two houses ago I got loads in the garden, but seems they aren't around a lot here. I love birds so much! I was really tired after lunch, so I mostly worked on the puzzle. I was very much not in the mood to workout (never am in the evening to be fair) but I did a 50 minute video regardless. Some random pictures under the spoiler. Happy Friday everyone <3
    a0xg6krnopxk.jpg
    jt1aipomkqda.jpg
    5j589jpwg8cv.jpg

The panda scratch board is really cute! Hope Tinus will like it too!

We have a bird feeder on our balcony and I can see it from my side of the bed. I think it’s almost meditative, watching the „bird show“ in the morning. I wish you a lovely time watching the birds eat from the feeders in your front garden ☺️
  • angmarie28
    Options
    2/8-5,118-working at a desk most of the day
    2/9-12,604
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 222.5
    CW: 222
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 So sorry for your loss...

@Pupowl Love the panda board! Hope Tinus surprises you and enjoys it a lot!

Sorry I haven't been sharing much this week. Very busy time for me at work...and lots of stress. I didn't do too bad with my eating except for one day this week...glad it's the weekend!

Jessica
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 I'm so sorry for your loss.

@pupowl - nice photos !!! Love those bird feeders!

@PatriceFitnessPal I'm not rooting for anyone in particular, but maybe the Eagles because I'm kind of a Broncos fan and the Chiefs are a rival. Mostly want a good game and good commercials.

PW: 162.4
    CW 158.8

Good week! I was under calorie goal every day!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    @KHill875 I left you an IM but no response a few days ago. Can you please give me your start weight from when you joined Fat2Fit? Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Daily check in ~ February 10
    Steps: 19.145
    Workout (4 a week): yes ~ (4/4)
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Thanks for all the nice comments on my last post! So far Tinus hasn't even looked at the panda yet. :lol: I was feeling really exhausted yesterday. I worked on the puzzle a lot. I 'only' had the sky left and it was a nightmare! It was impossible to see where pieces were supposed to go, so I had to sort on shape and try everything everywhere. It took several hours! It was a gorgeous puzzle though, and besides the sky, it went pretty smoothly. I did a 46 minute workout in the evening and had an early night. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    200uinbommbd.jpg
    5mg4tnlkynm0.jpg
    fmcfw1ov54m3.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 140.6
    CW 140
    It's a little loss but I will take it.I am feeling so much better than I have for the last two weeks.So hopefully I can meet my usual step goals & get back to the gym this week.
    I had a lovely treat this Thursday,my son got my sister & I tickets to see the musical Mamma Mia.I love the film & I love Greece & all the ABBA songs.We both really enjoyed it ,it was funny & we had a good dance at the encore.So glad after covid that I can enjoy days like this as I love musical theatre & dance.
    Here are my steps @jessicakrall8 sorry its a bit long.
    2/6 7,063
    2/7 17,760
    2/8 9,393
    2/9 10,656
    2/10 12,089
    Thank you @Pupowl & @Frankwbrown for your efforts to teach an old dog like me new tricks 😄
    I will try my best !
    Glad you are there for your friend @Armygirlarmyof1 .Love the photos @Pupowl those puzzles are so pretty & look very difficult.I found a wooden puzzle amidst some of my Mum's stuff whilst decluttering. It is only missing 1 piece it's lovely & quite old.I will try & post a photo later.
    Have a great Saturday all you Shape Shifters 😀
This discussion has been closed.