Fearless February!

Options
magic71755
magic71755 Posts: 3,788 Member
edited February 2023 in Social Groups
lovebyrdt.giffebboard.giflovebyrdt2.gif

Fearless February! What fears are you going to knock down this month?
<3 Conquering our fears in order to make our lives better.
<3 Being ok with being uncomfortable when we are staying away from food and drink that seem to derail us.

<3 Trying new activities out of our comfort zone.
<3 Sticking to your plan when out with friends and family, even if it means being the odd one out.

Those are just a few that came to mind as I started off the second month of the New Year.

What fearless acts can you accomplish this month that will push you in the right direction of becoming the best you can be? Fall in love with yourself...make this month about YOU!

Replies

• magic71755
    Options
    Being fearless...I need to really work on this...for some reason, I have the jitters with this knee. I have to let that go and trust in my surgeon, my therapist and me. No room for negative thoughts. Time to step up to the plate and get busy preparing my body...especially with strengthening exercises.

Let Go Of The Fear...replace it with trust.

today's plan

coffee
    cream of wheat
    green juice
    baked potato with super greens and 1T b itchin sauce
    salad and something else, not sure
    ninja creami

have a good one and do make it delicious
  • magic71755
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Mihani I am sorry you are going through tough times with the loss of your boy. But that is to be expected. He was/is your family. You lost a very close family member. Be kind to yourself and let yourself continue to grieve (it takes a different amount of time for everyone). Talk it over with family and friends that get it. Sending hugs...and understanding. <3
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,439 Member
    Options
    qws3b0qbny0o.jpg
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting February started, Nanc, love this! I got a bangle that has inscribed on the inside "I am a badass warrior" and sometimes when I feel like I just can't work out or I just can't get through some stress at work, I take a peek at that and remind myself yep, I'm a badass.

Pretty sure MFP is going to change that to bad kitten but you should get the drift. LOL

I totally understand the jitters. I pray it goes as well as the last one and you will be walking tall and pain free by summer. I hope you will be able to check in soon after. You were away from the group too long last time and Carla and I were very worried!

And thanks for the kind words about the boy. I feel like I should be "over it" by now but there are days I miss him so much. It is getting better though. Adjusting to a life with no pets has been very difficult. Never in my life had NO dogs. I sometimes went a few years without cats but mostly had those too over the years. It has made me realize just how much my entire life has revolved around my pets though.

So, back to ETL topic, have had a pretty good week. Continuing my basic plan of oats for breakfast, salad or cooked veggies and a grain for lunch or dinner. I've been eating the salads more for dinners because they just take so darn long to eat with all those veggies and beans and seeds and lettuce so it's a pain at work. I'm trying to eat more slowly and at work I tend to eat too quickly so a cooked veggie and grain bowl works out better.

My oats are SO loaded with good stuff though. I chop up some power greens to add to them. So oats, power greens, a tablespoon of chia/flax, a couple walnut halves, half cup of frozen mixed berries, half cup of frozen cherries (sweet/tart mix) plus cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper, little splash of vanilla. Lately I've been using oat milk instead of water and enjoying that. This keeps me going with no forays into the office snack cabinet until lunchtime.

Off for dinner and an early bedtime! <3 y'all

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    r1boan9ks0dq.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Grrrr... went to the grocery tonight and while I did get some veggies and fruit they had no greens. Well, yes they had some but the most sad limp greens you ever saw. I will have to make a stop at another store tomorrow where I usually go for produce, but I needed a trip to the big supermarket for household items. Just irritating.

Got some ezekiel english muffins too. I know I'm not the only ezekiel fan here! Also got some kite hill cream cheese which is really good and other than the sodium isn't bad from a WFPB perspective. Other than keeping to a serving size of course... always an issue for me! LOL

I can't wait to get through tomorrow and have Saturday to myself. I need to do some work with the houseplants I bought. I didn't have as many pots in the garage as I thought so I had to get some more, but the weather has been too cold to make the prospect of working in the garage appealing. I did pot a couple of them but it was making too much mess in my kitchen so I quit. And of course the usual housework, laundry and food prep.

Totally grooving on eating right lately though and happy with that. Plan this week is salads and oats of course, plus roasted broccoli and cauliflower, mushroom gravy, roasted sweet potatoes. I want to try roasting the sweet potatoes same way that was used for butternut squash in a soup that Carla shared a while back and I can't find the dang recipe! Carla, if you are out there what's that recipe with all the yummy fall flavors and roasted butternut squash. I think it had white beans in it too? That soup was soooo good and I have to find the recipe again.
  • magic71755
    edited February 2023
    Options
    You are a busy girl, little Miss @Mihani. I will take time to write more at work. Sleep sucks right now...that seems to be my never-ending story. I keep replaying stuff in my head...wishing I had done something differently or never said anything. I need to stop talking to people. LOL

today

coffee
    cream of wheat
    potatoes and super greens wilted in my Hot Logic. My first time doing this.
    trader joe's kimchi tofu soup. processed. oh well.
    16 oz green juice

I did see you are killing all that good whole foods, @mihani (Putting me to shame)

@Marilynsretired I love, love, love your latest poster. If I took this to heart, I may be able to sleep better.
    LOVE YOU GUYS! people_squirt.gif
    Do make today delicious, won't you? romansmile.gif
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    jip7v5yzem8v.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Kimchi soup sounds really interesting, Nanc. I'll have to look for that next trip to TJ's. I don't go often because it's always so crowded at the times I can go and I don't cope well with crowded stores. I hope you get better sleep tonight.

I signed up for an online Sky Breathing session tomorrow. It's free through Art of Living. I'll let you all know what I think but it sounds like a good addition to the mindfulness I've been on and off practicing for many years now. Here's a little blurb about it: SKY Meditation is a unique breath-based technique that uses cyclical, rhythmic patterns of breath to bring the mind and body effortlessly into meditation. It has been empirically validated and holds distinct advantages over other forms of meditation.

Thing is, I'm seeing cracks in my tranquility and my ability to manage stress lately, and I need to do something about it. I'm signed up for another mindfulness course that starts in April too.

So I went to the other store tonight and their greens weren't looking too good either but better than the supermarket. Must just be a bad week for greens. I only got one bunch of kale that seemed a bit firmer than the others. I'm going to make the cabbage and kale casserole from Dr. F's quick and easy cookbook. Love that recipe. Also got some bok choy and already have onions, peppers, mushrooms and broccoli so I can make a big ol' stir-fry. Plus the roasted broccoli and cauliflower, and salads, and sweet potatoes. I'm going to have to do a lot of cooking and freeze a lot because I got carried away and if I don't cook everything up it will go bad. Doh!

• magic71755
    Options
    tribal2.gif

Good morning gang!

Having coffee right now and making break, lunch and dinner for work.

@Mihani, so sorry I did not get back to you yesterday...I was pretty much good for nothing...did sleep a bit better last night.

I looked up ruminating...and why I do it ...and it is definitely not healthy. I remember one doctor using the word, rumination when we talked about my sleep issues..40 YEARS AGO. Lord have mercy.

Here's an example...yesterday, got a very, over the top angry customer (I am the receptionist at a luxury car dealership)...she was sooooooooooooo NOT HAPPY. "This piece of *kitten* car" was one of her descriptions. Of course, she was taking it out on me. She wanted to make an appointment with the GM.

Anyway, I could have done a better job with her. I asked her too many questions...which I could have found out if I had done a customer search...and the questions made her even angrier.

Bottom line, I could have handled it better and all yesterday after the call and last night, it was on my mind.

Going forward, I will do better. And now, to let it go.

@Mihani my menu is not great but a lot more veggies because of YOU!
    coffee
    Ezekiel toast (I saw that in your menueatysmiley.gif , @Mihani ...picked up a loaf at Trader Joe's $4.49 not too, too bad)... toast with avocado and tomato
    salad

cooked super greens in my Hot Logic Mini with coconut aminos and then microwaved potatoes, mashed in with a tablespoon of b i tchn sauce.

today I will have the kimchi/tofu soup...if I am hungry

banana

time to get going. make it delicious, everyone!

• Mihani
    Options
    Nanc, you might find mindfulness and meditation helpful. I am the same way, dwelling on things and going over and over what should have, could have. The breathing exercises and meditation are very helpful with that, but it takes a while of consistent practice for it to be useful in everyday life.

I hate when people take it out on a receptionist, cashier, etc. It takes so little effort to be polite and respectful. I refuse to engage with angry clients and just tell them the boss will call them back and hang up if I have to. He'll tell them to find someone else if they can't be respectful to his employees. Gotta hand it to him there.

So today I have my online sky breathing session then working with my plants, laundry, etc. And lots and lots of cooking! I need to rearrange the freezer again. Kind of a never-ending chore there. I have a small chest freezer in the basement but I know I'll forget things are in there so I haven't had it plugged in for a few years. I think I can make room for what I'll have to freeze today.

Plan for today...
    B - ezekiel english muffin with kite hill cream cheese, banana
    L - big ol' salad with lots of veggies and homemade hummus
    D - cabbage and kale casserole, baked apple with berries

Salad veggies this week: carrots, beets, grape tomatoes, orange peppers, pickled onion, radishes
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    rbgph4szb5x9.jpg
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi all, happy February!
    I fell off my whole, unprocessed food diet for a few days and the scale is showing it sooo, back to it starting tomorrow!
    I have been doing well with exercise though, and the yoga classes I've been taking with the new instructor were moved to Tues and Thurs, which actually creates a better schedule for me so I'm thrilled about that (and thrilled that the gym added the extra yoga classes to keep Janeen on).
    Magic, sorry to hear your sleep hasn't been good - I can definitely sympathize with that. I wake up every two hours or so all night long (usually due to hot flashes) so if I get 3-4 hours straight without waking, I consider it a successful night's sleep :/
    Kimchi/tofu soup sounds delish!
    Mihani, sorry to hear you're having a tough time getting good greens. My Food Lion is hit or miss with fresh veggies - when they're new and fresh they're great and will last a long time in the fridge if need be, but often when I'm shopping, they are close to wilting. I should pay more attention to what days they are really fresh, that's probably their delivery day :)

• Mihani
    Options
    Mornin' all... I enjoyed the online meditation session but it was kind of a sales pitch. It was free but after the demo/practice I got shuffled to a separate zoom meeting one on one with a woman who asked questions about how I felt and pushed a bit to get signed up right away for the full course which is $245.

Didn't get a lot done yesterday so I have to be more focused on tasks today. Got salads prepped but didn't do any cooking so I need to bake the sweet potatoes, roast veggies, make the casserole. One more load of laundry. Work on the files I brought home from the office.

I got a whole mess of peppers because they were $1 each. I'm going to slice them up along with several onions then freeze about 2 cups per container so I have them ready to go for future stir-fry.

Spring, the weight is slow to come off but it sure can bounce back up quickly!

Plan for today...
    B - ezekiel english muffin with kite hill cream cheese, berries with cinnamon and cardamom
    L - big ol' salad with hummus
    D - the casserole I planned yesterday if I can manage to get it made, and an apple

• magic71755
    Options
    Morning ladies...laundry day here...focusing on getting ONE thing done...piles and piles of laundry.

today...

coffee
    Ezekiel avocado toast with TJ's Campari tomatoes (hooked...so good and easy!)
    greens and potatoes
    broccoli and probably some kind of vegan meat, Daring most likely
    ninja creami (pumkin)
    oh, and a banana in there somewhere

make it deeeeeeeeeeee licious, won't you?
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    49gd2d5nhlk2.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Good luck with the laundry, Magic. Hope you get it all done.

I made the roasted broccoli and cauliflower and baked a bunch of sweet potatoes but that's all I got to. I'll make the casserole later this week. I think I was having trouble generating enthusiasm because of the sad kale so I will stop and pick up better kale.

Found some tips on baking sweet potatoes and tried a new method. Scrub and cut in half lengthwise, bake cut side down 25 to 40 minutes (depending on the size of your potatoes) at 425 degrees. They turned out really well that way and all yummy caramelized on the cut side. I used parchment paper to keep the mess off my sheet pan.

I don't like the skin on sweet potatoes other than the japanese variety so I just scooped out all the potato and set up containers for lunches with the potatoes and roasted veggies. I think I'll whip up a lemon tahini dressing to top them.

• Marilynsretired
    Options

4of9vu5nf2t0.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Long day at the office didn't get out until after 6:00. Came home and finally got the rest of my food prep done. Probably not going to eat dinner at this point it's getting too close to bedtime. Today went to plan. Just need to get back to regular exercise and everything will be groovy.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    hi all! I have been busier with usual than work and also trying to stay in the flow with my sewing and quilting. Exercise has fallen somewhat to the wayside. I'm doing a few walks with Radar and just a slow 5 minute walk with Ruby once per day. Food has not been great...I am eating good all day, but then blowing it in the evening with vegan desserts. Ugh. Up and down the same 5 or so pounds the last two months.

And speaking of food I shouldn't have, Joe and I went to a vegan bakery in town this morning for breakfast. They make almost everything there from scratch. I had their homemade lemon yogurt with granola and blueberry compote. So good. It was presented beautifully too, in a sundae style glass in layers.

I think I have to book a trip somewhere so I have a deadline for reaching my weight goals. It worked so well the last time.

Here's the quilt I finished for my parents. The most traditional one I've done I think.
    ewrontl9zevi.jpg