• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,486 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

j2bari4cf3pw.jpg

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Carla, love the walking stick! You always find such cool projects and seem to have a magical touch you do everything well! I had pasta last night actually brown rice pasta rather than the bean pasta because it was already open and I wanted to use it up. That's the last of the non-bean pasta in the house.

Austin, holy wow 23,000 steps! I hope you get the caffeine flushed out of your system today.

I didn't get prep done last night. By the time I got home it was 5:00 and I honestly didn't feel like it. I just got home from the office and going to get laundry going and do my prep now. I forgot radishes, but I have beets, carrots and peppers for salads, and will make pickled red onion too. Not sure of the salad dressing yet. Probably the Shane & Simple vinaigrette because it's so easy or I'll just use salsa.

Also making sheet pan fajitas. The smaller mushrooms looked kind of meh but the portobellos were beautiful so I decided to grab those and make the fajitas. Going to try 'em with corn tortillas rather than flour this time. I have a love/hate with corn tortillas because they are so flimsy but I like them.

And of course broccoli because I can't go a week without a huge batch of roasted broccoli. And I have potatoes that I'll either bake or mash haven't decided yet. Probably mashed so I can mix in some baby spinach. Oh, and I got 2 bunches of collards because they were gorgeous. I'll cook those up with onion, garlic and spices, black-eyed peas, and freeze in serving sizes.

Nanc, are you doing okay? Can't remember the exact date of surgery.

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,589 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Oh, Mihani, thank you for talking about all your cooking! I haven't made roasted broccoli in a while, and may need to try that.
    Do your fajitas need to travel? I find it a little easier to deal with corn tortillas when eating them immediately. For my son, I drop them in a moderately warm pan that I spritzed with oil (Pam, other spray oil). Just heat might help.
    Oooh, and collards and black-eyed peas sounds delicious!

I do think I got the caffeine out of my system. I did head to bed fairly early. I must have been really tired, because I drafted this reply, and forgot to click "post."

Nanc, I will add my voice to the chorus, and say I am thinking of you and hoping all is going well.

Carla, Joe's walking stick handle is gorgeous! What a beautiful piece, and what a great class to take! Thank yo so much for sharing the photos!

I had a good day Sunday. Movement was a 3-mile walk and 30 minutes of stepping in the living room this evening. Food was all good. I am out of mushrooms, so not all the GBOMBS, but I will get more today. (Maybe they will have portobellos? Fajitas sound yummy!)

Today's plan: 90 minutes of movement and food oon the Dr F plan. Onwards!
  • Marilynsretired
    edited February 2023
    Options

qd4nqahq9t8h.jpg

• Mihani
    Options
    Austin, here's the recipe Carla had shared a while back for sheet pan fajitas: https://pinchofyum.com/vegan-sheet-pan-fajitas-with-chipotle-queso I don't use any oil and they come out just fine. I threw the corn tortillas in the oven after I turned it off and let them sit for a few minutes and they were lovely! Not crisp but didn't fall apart when I was eating my fajitas. They kind of puffed up a bit.

I add a heaping spoonful of nooch to the queso and Carla mentioned she did the same. This time I didn't have a chipotle or jalapeno pepper on hand so I just used some cayenne powder. Not the same flavor profile but it tastes good. I put a small dollop of the queso and a big dollop of salsa on top of the fajitas. The veggies are great in salads too, and could add some pinto or black beans and salsa for a main meal salad.

Three mile walk is awesome! Go, Austin!

Managed to get the fajitas and mashed potatoes done last night but pooped out after that. Left work at 4:00 today (it is a holiday right?) and will get the broccoli and collards/black-eyed peas done tonight, plus my salad stuff.

Got a cantaloupe and a baby watermelon at the grocery this weekend. Will cut into one or the other for breakfast tomorrow.

Strength class tomorrow night and had scheduled one for Thursday but remembered I have plans with friends after work that day so I cancelled it. I'll get in a workout at home on Wednesday to make up for it. I'm really trying to be more social since I don't have the home obligations and always wanting to get home to the boy. I miss him so much and still cry when I talk about him sometimes, but it is getting better and I'm adjusting. I've had some people pushing me to get another pet and I'm standing firm. I just can't do it right now with my work-life being so crazy. He was cool with our routine and fine that I was gone so much at the office. I can't bring in a new pet and do that. Plus I'm not sure I can take the heartbreak again. I've loved and lost so many pets over the years and it never gets easier. I'm sure I'll have another dog at some point in the future, but I want to be at least semi-retired by then, and probably adopt a senior dog who can dodder around the house with me. LOL
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,813 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Today's agenda..

kitchen
    living room
    dining room
    toilettes- done
    laundry- done
    steam mop Kitchen, Living Room, Dining Room, Master Bedroom, Master Bathroom, Guest Room, Guest Bath

guest room help arriving tomorrow
    garage help arriving tomorrow

taxes into cpa

I put in a request for a quote to clean on Sunday and then once a month Maids of Maricopa (decided to go with Saturday 3/18...I will be well on my way to recovery and thought it was a better idea.)

off to get a manicure and pedicure. Neither of which I can do. done

Home and then back at it.

ETA: I have not been sleeping ...fall asleep at about ten and then up at 1 or 2...maybe one hour before time to get up. My sleep issues are worse than ever...but will get better. But that is why I backslid a bit on getting things done!

I have help tomorrow. Taking Thursday off. Hoping Sunday will be a rest day. If not, just a few odds and ends like packing and making sure my Nursing Station is well stocked.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    90ojv7gyh2rf.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Great job gettin' stuff done, Nanc! I'm so sorry you aren't sleeping well again. I hope after surgery things will settle for you a bit.

Got my strength class in tonight. Good workout but my biceps are complaining!

Let's see, I did get salads and broccoli done last night but didn't get to the collards and black-eyed peas. That's on the agenda for tomorrow night but work is crazy and I'm getting home so late, but if I don't get it done those collards aren't going to last. Going out with a couple friends on Thursday, birthday dinner with family Saturday, dinner with friends Sunday. It's good for me to be more social, but part of me just wishes I could stay home and do nothing but read and potter around for like a week.

B - oats with cantaloupe, blueberries, chia/flax, a few walnut halves, cinnamon, oat milk, chopped baby spinach
    L - big ol' salad
    D - leftover fajitas
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Hello, all!

Tuesdays are my busiest day. I got through yesterday without succumbing to any sugar, despite volunteering at a Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner. Win! I ate good things and stuck to my fasting window (17-7).

Mihani, thanks for the pointer to the fajitas and queso. This is now on my list of recipes to try, and *soon*! Hurray for your biceps complaining!

Magic, you are a busy woman. I hope sleep settle down for you after surgery.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    hzu2dgeb55dd.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    I guarantee you will love the fajitas, Austin! I always cooked fajita veggies in a pan on the stove, but roasting/baking always seems to bring something extra out in veggies. I cook the mushrooms on a separate pan and don't let them cook so long because they shrivel up too much if I don't do that.

This was a hard day and I was feeling morose about everything in general. So I left work at 4:00 and I am doing nothing at all tonight. Going to eat the last of the leftover fajitas and go read in bed until I fall asleep.

B - oats with cantaloupe, blueberries, walnuts, chia/flax, cinnamon, oat milk
    L - mashed potatoes (they have baby spinach mashed in) and roasted broccoli
    D - fajitas, salad, an orange

I'm really slacking on eating beans lately. Not sure why but I keep forgetting about them. I am making that my goal to get in at least a cup of beans every day.
  • magic71755
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Last push...this is it! Sunday should be time to relax...with my girl I am supposed to self-quarantine so not to, well you know...GERMS!

We did a lot yesterday...here's today's list.

Tidy up the guest room 9:38 done!
    gather tax papers 10:19 done!
    fax them to CPA 11:00 done!
    return wedge to elevate knee that is the wrong kind. 11:00 done!

Steam Mop:
    Living Room
    Dining Room
    Master Bath
    Guest Bath
    Master Bedroom
    Guest/Office

Tidy up kitchen 6:38PM done!
    steam mop Kitchen

back later with time stamps!

Make your day delicious!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    a5qcp6yxrahp.jpg
  • magic71755
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Just a few things I want to make on Sat/Sun tribal2.gif

Saturday night make vegan yogurt using Vegan Blueberry's two-ingredient method: https://www.veganblueberry.com/2-easy-ways-to-make-the-best-vegan-yogurt/

Sunday: Fresh carrot/apple/lemon/ginger juice...vacuum seal or freeze to keep fresh

Sunday: A few of my simple zita/pasta sauce/spinach/parm dishes. Meal prep about two, to heat up in hot logic. I have Dr. Mc D's soups and some other shelf-stable and frozen foods to use for the first couple of weeks. Also Pacific vegan tomato soup...I think a carrot something or other by the same company. Heat in microwave and eat.

That will be my Sunday, along with steam mopping the floors. I work today and tomorrow.

But time is given to Lulu especially. Lots of love and attention since I have been so focused on getting the house ready these past long weeks. It's finally done except for the mopping.

Having my coffee early.

The office is taking me out to lunch...what a sweet gesture.

Later, dollies and do make today delicious, won't you?

@Mihani my taxes are into my accountant...yay!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Mornin' all... up and at 'em for another day. Boss is leaving on vacation again tomorrow so this has been an extra busy week and this is my last day to make sure everything is done before he takes off.

Well, that's a silly way to put it. I'll never have "everything" done but I need to make sure everything that's due next week is done. Then I'll have a week to maybe try to catch up a little with no new clients piling on.

Magic, big part of my plan next week is finish getting taxes together for the accountant next week. Probably have about 30 cases left to put together for the CPA.

You've done a great job getting everything together and planning for your recovery from surgery. That will make things so much easier for you.

Had fun out with a few gals last night. Lots going on the next few days but nothing tonight so I plan to stop at the grocery on the way home. I want to stay home tomorrow until time for dinner with the family. Catch up on some chores and do a little cooking.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    suledmakfory.jpg
  • magic71755
    Options
    doing ok..how about you, @Marilynsretired

up way too early...but made the most of it...made two quarts of carrot/orange/ginger/lemon juice

one quart before surgery...one quart after...vacuum sealed

put in the yogurt...hope it turns out...a few times, the starter was bad

today

coffee back with NP -sigh-
    bean burrito BEANS
    fresh juice
    pasta/spinach homemade dish and GREENS
    mixed vegs
    satsuma and cuties
    dried mango

lights out

have a wonderful weekend...make it delicious, won't you.

• Marilynsretired
    edited February 2023
    Options
    amj1zgnwxsvi.jpg

Am doing ok - living with kidney failure is not nice - am at the start of having my arm prepped for dialysis as it takes about 6 months to get the arm ready and they want it ready before I crash again - but I am praying that I won't crash for a couple of years - but nothing is guaranteed

Am needing to re look at my food closer to see what is happening as it seems I am up 2 pounds rather than down

I have followed the McDougall plan before and felt really good - so am thinking I need to get back on it - by following it I know I wasn't 100% on it but about 85% and the results were amazing in how I felt. I have not had red meat now for about 8 months though I do have some chicken. The dietition has told me that rather than having 4 oz of chicken (or fish) at lunch and the same amount again at dinner to cut that back to 2 oz. And she suggested that should I have an egg at breakfast then either lunch or dinner should not have any animal protein. She suggested doing it this way to gradually get away from having any as I build up my vegetables.

Just very tired - and that is partially my age and partially because my kidneys aren't working as they should - isn't life great!

• Mihani
    Options
    Your juice sounds yummy, Magic. Hope your yogurt turns out.

Marilyn, sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. Do you like beans, tofu, tempeh, etc. that you could eat instead of chicken and fish? Personally I don't fuss much with recipes and fancy meals because I don't have time or energy. If I'm going to get my veggies in I have to have things prepared though, so I keep it simple. I prep veggies and lettuce for salads, and cook up a big pot of greens, beans, mushrooms and onion, some type of grain or potatoes, and I'm set for 4 to 5 days at a time.

I am going to dinner at my brother's tonight to celebrate my birthday. Planning to go to the office early tomorrow then a late lunch out with friends. It has been a busy couple weeks and I have plans on Tuesday as well, but then I think I get to stay home the rest of the week. I'm kind of tired of being social to tell the truth. It's good for me in some ways but it also wears me out.

yk56r1wdjsya.jpg
  • magic71755
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Oh, @Marilynsretired ...you sure do not have it easy. But I am with @Mihani ...I rarely do recipes...just get those veggies in...and beans. Those are the two powerhouses that are a must for me.

If McDougall worked for you before, get on it. No waiting. Make that a priority TODAY. You, yourself said, that the results were amazing. We're rooting for you.

Left work early yesterday. Hit trader joe's and got gas. No more running around. Today, I was going to steam-mop all rooms. Last on my list of getting the house ready. Not feeling it. And I can just see myself slipping on a damp floor. I have a cleaning service coming in about two weeks...I will let them do the floors.

Love the chart, @Mihani. I am pretty shy with people I do not know. I have a very small social circle. I hope to get into more things here in my community after healing. Maybe bunco or mahjong. For sure, swimming. Almost six years here and I have one good friend, my next-door neighbor.

The community, however, has a volunteer ride-help group...they will be taking me to PT for three months, three times a week. What a godsend. Maybe I will connect with one of them.

Today...no food...just light stuff...juice, yogurt and soup. My one fear, at the moment, is that dang constipation from all the pain meds. Lord have mercy. And tips?

Having my one coffee...then a few last-minute things. Mostly chilling today. With help from my herbal supplements, I did sleep five hours last night @Mihani you were right. I was not supposed to take anything a week before...but then I would have been on NO SLEEP. Will take nothing tonight...I mean I have to be up by 3:00 am to shower and change the linen...(clean bed when I get home)...we are leaving just after four. Check-in time is 5 am. I am first up.

Ok, dollies...thanks for helping me get to this point. I will try to send a message to @mihani through this message program on MFP. But if not, I will get to you when I get home from the hospital. You all have been great. Can't wait for it to all be over with and have the next twenty years...the ride of my life!
    Later, sweet peas...oh, and do make today DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE licious! people_squirt.gif