Fearless February!

Options

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,813 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    And so, it continues...(but getting there!)

change linen DONE!
    tidy up bedroom (not bad at all) DONE!
    three small loads of laundry (so glad I did all those loads last week ...phew) DONE!
    clean guest bathroom (kinda easy) DONE!
    declutter dining room (pretty cluttered...will take time) DONE!
    clean master bathroom* (really needs cleaning) Started it yesterday, so kinda 1/2 way there. DONE!

tidy up kitchen, again
    declutter guest bedroom (this is the worst of it)

STEAM MOP ALL ROOMS bedroom, living room, dining room, kitchen, master bath, guest bath, guest bedroom

make carrot orange juice
    gather income tax papers to send to CPA
    batch cook rice and freeze in portions
    new fridge

*Highly recommend The Pink Stuff for icky shower door mess. It works great! https://www.amazon.com/s?k=the+pink+stuff&crid=1DO9TQQIQE08X&sprefix=the+pink+stuff,aps,147&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,484 Member
    Options
    pe8xnfnzqvwq.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,587 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! After being away dealing with stuff, I am back to working on health and fitness. Not paying attention to that has done me no good, but after a few weeks of logging, I thought I'd poke my head in. Do you mind a returning member?
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Austin!!! I'm so glad to see you. Definitely one of my ETL/WFPB heroes. :) Hope all is well and of course we would love to have you posting regularly again. I always found your ideas for simple meals and getting in those GBOMBS inspiring.

Nanc, you did a great job knocking out that list of yours. Sorry about your fridge. Those are spendy.

Enjoyed my loaded oats for breakfast. Lunch was one of the baked japanese sweet potatoes and a bunch of the roasted broccoli. I really don't mind eating that every day at all. I got home so late I'm not going to get to cooking up my greens. Hope they are still looking good tomorrow when I get home. I'm just going to eat an apple and head to bed. Too late to eat anything more substantial.

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,813 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    valban1.gif

Oh, welcome back, Austin! people_squirt.gifStick around...the more the merrier and all that jazz.
    @Mihani I did not think I could do it...but your faith in me certainly helped.loveshower.gif

Today, I have my last doc appointment...that's at 9:15...an hour away. Also, have to pick up new glasses...and then pick out a fridge. I am hoping to get French Doors. More fresh food room and less freezer space. I really need all new appliances and a bundle would be the way to go...but not at this time for sure.

Anyone have a fabulous brand to recommend?

As you might remember, I thought I needed a food service to help me with my meals for my first knee replacement. NOPE. I am just going to do my microwave potatoes, steamed spinach, frozen veggies, smoothies...vegan boxed soups...and McDougal soups...I will make yogurt next Sunday before surgery...what else? Lots of beans. I have been making my own bean burritos. I think beans and spinach WILL help me the most in the after-surgery and all those drugs to combat constipation. That is the one thing that has me the most concerned. LOL
    Last time I used Miralax and stool softener. I think it was about six days before relief. faintingsmiley.gif Sorry for TMI. But if any of you have recommendations, I could use them.

Have a great day everyone. Do try and make it delicious!

My list continues:

change linen DONE!
    tidy up bedroom (not bad at all) DONE!
    three small loads of laundry (so glad I did all those loads last week ...phew) DONE!
    clean guest bathroom (kinda easy) DONE!
    declutter dining room (pretty cluttered...will take time) DONE!
    clean master bathroom* (really needs cleaning) Started it yesterday, so kinda 1/2 way there. DONE!

tidy up kitchen, again
    declutter guest bedroom (this is the worst of it)

STEAM MOP ALL ROOMS bedroom, living room, dining room, kitchen, master bath, guest bath, guest bedroom

make carrot orange juice
    gather income tax papers to send to CPA
    batch cook rice and freeze in portions
    new fridge DONE French Doors freezer on the bottom (my old one is side by side) Whirlpool...very excited. Limited on what I could get cause of the space...Whirlpool but made in Iowa at the Kitchenaid plant. What a gift ... delivering Monday.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    muxsb7p5fzi6.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    1iglyu18t9ik.jpg

Happy Valentines Day!
    I am feeling relieved. I just gave away a huge milk chocolate bar a student gave me. I kept the very sweet wishes and passed the sugar on to someone who will not mind it!

Tuesday is my crazy day this semester. I am eating all good things today and going to aim for at least 7K walking steps.

@magic71755 Nanc, you have been super busy with all your projects! You're killing it!

@Mihani Thank yo for the vote of confidence on GBOMBS! So far today. I am good on greens, onions and seeds -- 3 down, 2 to go! I made a pot of black-eyed peas and tomatoes yesterday, so it's really just mushrooms I need to keep an eye out for.

My big to dos this afternoon are laundry (still a bit behind from the ice storm) and an agenda for the scouts meeting tonight. Number 3 item. teaching classes, is done. Onwards!

So glad to be back!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Nanc, your prepping plans sound excellent! Should get you through recuperation just fine. I got frigidaire appliances when I remodeled my kitchen and love them. Went with stainless steel. I got the side-by-side fridge/freezer and find it so much easier to find things than in my old one which was freezer on the bottom, and the water/ice dispenser gets way more use than I thought it would.

Austin, yummmm blackeyed peas. I have been cooking those up with potatoes, cabbage, onion fairly often. The valentine's veggies are so cute. Hope you get through your crazy day and find a mushroom or two.

I'm actually going to treat myself to a manicure this weekend. Haven't done that since pre-covid. Tonight I'm taking it easy. Had a nice dinner of brown rice and stir-fry veggies. Going to bed extra early. I'm feeling a bit out of sorts the past couple days and think it's from staying up too late. I'm like a little kid. All cranky when I don't get enough sleep. LOL

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    jtcpob3smm2u.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Busy day and was a little late to strength class but I did a yoga DVD after that. Yoga hurts when I'm all tense and tired but I feel better after.

Quick check-in...
    B - my usual oats
    L - Dr. McD soup, an orange
    D - leftover stir-fry and brown rice
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    l14ruxckigs7.jpg
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Quick check in to try to get back into the posting habit.

Welcome back Austin! You are always welcome here, on track or not.

My sweet tooth has been fully activated and it has been a struggle. Joe is more inclined to overeat in the morning and I have the hardest time the hour after dinner. We're going to work together to get back on track! Although tea doesn't appeal to me, I've used it before to keep my hands and face busy in the evening so I am going to start that up again. I have a dandelion detox tea that is okay.

We're having dinner out tonight with my in-laws at a Thai restaurant. There will be salt and oil but it will be vegan and tasty. It would be okay if we were on plan but the timing isn't great.

To celebrate Valentines day, Joe and I are going to a workshop together at the art center tomorrow. We're going to make walking sticks with woven details. I have no idea what all it involves, but the workshop is from 9-5, so there must be more to it than I realize! The woman teaching the class has a studio an hour or so from here and teaches other basketry techniques as well. I'll post a picture of my walking stick once it is done.

so far today i have had coffee and oatmeal. I think I'll have some leftover garbanzo bean curry w/ baked tofu this afternoon so I am not overly hungry at dinner.

nice job getting organized, Nanc!
  • Mihani
    Options
    That sounds like fun, Carla! Can't wait to see the finished project. Happy anniversary! Enjoy dinner out.

I've been drinking more chamomile tea in the evenings lately. It's supposed to relieve mild tension. I think it does, if only because I choose to believe it does. LOL

I am glad this week is almost over. It has been a rough one. I'm leaving early tomorrow to run a few errands and meet up with friends for a cocktail. Just one then home to bed because I have two classes scheduled Saturday morning. I want to get up early Saturday and get in a few hours of work before the gym, then a manicure and home to cook and do laundry. Going to the office Sunday, then out with some very dear friends that evening. Haven't seen them for a while they are like the sisters I never had.

B - usual loaded up oats
    L - red lentil kale soup from the freezer stash
    D - steamer bag of mixed veggies (corn, carrots, lima beans) with brown rice

I'm getting along better with the frozen steamer veggies these days and they are awfully convenient. Have to mix them with a grain and something on top because they just don't have the flavor of fresh veggies. Tonight was a simple sprinkle of nooch and soy sauce and ground black pepper. Other times I make a sauce or dressing. I am buying Soom tahini now and so amazed how much tastier it is than the store-brand stuff I've been buying all these years.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Happy Friday, all!

I just (!) remembered that I can bookmark this discussion so that it's easier to find.

Mihani, your dinner veggies sound tasty. Everything's better with nooch and soy sauce and ground black pepper. Enjoy that manicure!

Carla, I am eager to see your walking stick project. An art project sounds like a lovely Valentine's celebration. I so, so sympathize about the activation of the sweet tooth.

Marilyn, I liked the "you are strong" graphic. Thank you!

Magic, all your cleaning plans inspire me!

My plans for the day:
    - Morning: coffee and tea
    - Movement: 90 minute walk
    - Lunch (12 or later): broccoli-cauliflower-collard green mash w/nooch, ACV, turmeric, black cumin, pepper, ginger, garlic; black-eyed peas and tomatoes; baked apple w/cinnamon & turmeric
    - Snack: fruit. carrot-and-ginger juice
    - Dinner (finish by 7 or so): smoothie (spinach, blueberries, strawberries, vegan protein powder, flax meal, ACV)
    - Movement: yoga/Essentrics
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    amo45nz0tt93.jpeg
  • Mihani
    Options
    All those greens sound great, Austin! Hope you enjoyed your walk.

I'm a little short of my minimum goal of 5,000 steps but should get there just by what I have to get done yet tonight. Went out with friends and had so much fun tonight. Had one cocktail and two spring rolls which were definitely not compliant, but I have two classes at the gym in the morning to work it off, plus mani, grocery, laundry and cooking for the week. I'll definitely be getting my exercise tomorrow.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    9jcxim9dusxx.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Went back to bed this morning and just barely got up and made it to my first class on time. First one was stretching/yoga and the second one was cardio strength. Yeesh, I'm worn out but felt good!

Have about 45 minutes to put together the rest of my grocery list then head to my manicure. Will go to the grocery after then home to cook and do laundry. Office tomorrow. Fun never ends!

Plan for today...
    B - ezekiel toast with hummus and tomato (done)
    L - last of the leftover stir-fry and brown rice and a few steamed brussels sprouts (done)
    D - pita pizza or maybe banza pasta with marinara, an orange or an apple
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Mihani, I am proud of you for continuing to hit the gym with your busy schedule and also getting out to spend time with friends. I bet the health benefits from your social time more than made up for a few spring rolls and a drink!

The stick workshop was a great success! Everyone in class was cool and I reconnected with a fiber friend that lives nearby and might be able to pet sit at our place when we want to go on vacation.

This is Joe's handle. I haven't gotten around to taking a good photo of mine.
    kuf24kdvc6am.jpg

Food is not on plan. We had a veggie sandwich in town on workshop day, and lets just say that I still am struggling with my sweet tooth and leave it at that.

Mushroom Veggie pasta sauce and baked tofu over garbanzo bean noodles tonight.

mftjibnxxawn.jpg

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Howdy, guys!
    I got through a a very long day yesterday without eating anything *wildly* off-plan. Hurray! I have a hangover today from too much coffee yesterday, though. It was an all-day outdoor event, and I ended up drinking 2 Starbucks Care Americanos in order to warm up. I am out to drink lots of water today to get back to normal. I did get in over 23,000 steps, so I am also a bit tires today, and maybe dehydrated. Phew!
    Today's plan" housecleaning and class prep, with movement being a 3 mile walk. I need to choose something fun as an audiobook, and get going!