Airport Lounge Discussion

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,315 Member
    It’s 55 feels like 53 with a high of 77 today. Insight Timer Quote: Happy Vesak to all who celebrate. Today, we honor the life and enlightenment of Gautama Buddha.—Insight Timer Team I AM: I know what I desire most is meeting me right now. Axe Sharpening: Self-discipline is the highest form of self-love.—Stacey Ervin Jr. 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Let someone know how much they mean to you and why. Fitness Quote: If you’re determined, no one can stop you.—gymaholic Motivational Quote: Stop worrying about what could be and enjoy what it is.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,435 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 66/305 mile a day and 8 Week Strength-Advanced Speed Deadlift Day in the gym after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 5,011 Member
    Good morning
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,284 Member
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i also got in a short run earlier this afternoon and i feel great. i will be going for a walk in a while and i will be doing some dancing later on. i made a craft today at the 55 plus club program at the library today. i think it came out pretty good. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 7,095 Member
    Good afternoon all. It is hot 85 outside, humid, thunder storms in forecast. Sat outside for a while and read. Have a great rest of the day and weekend. Hugs and blessings.
    From I am Doing this for me journal: "Some people want it to happen. Some wish it to happen. Others make it happen." Michael Jordan
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Well, Tabatha, I hope you got your sunshine. All we got were sprinkles. Weather is going up to 89 by Sunday and storms are supposed to punctuate the weather off and on. We'll see.

Ginna, I mislead you. Math was only my favorite for a very brief period in grade school. I loved reading and writing. The one thing I regret is not having a passion about any subject--though if I could go back, I would put more effort into botany and biology.

u6ln601ly1sz.jpeg

Tomorrow's word is patience. I need to be more patient with me -- so much I want to do outside but my get up and go has temporarily gone. Maybe tomorrow!

• Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,888 Member
    avm6l9c1ud1l.jpg
    Looks like a few of you wre quite ambitious and picked great favorite subjects in school, I did too... LUNCH!🤣😂🤣
    ohk77s079uur.png
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 5,079 Member
    wb13gnqrogz8.jpeg
    5sswkg9qbawk.jpeg
    dkv94o8m2epn.jpeg
    0dwzmqkypvhc.jpeg
    It’s been a long day, and I am on the foot massager and Miss KiKi is on the rug! Have a good night all!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 5,079 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a great day. It is my hair trial for my wedding hairstyle. I am excited. As soon as the mall opens I am going to a store there that has a ton of hair pieces for all occassions. It is super exciting. I am really excited. Tomorrow is my final dress fitting for my wedding dress. So that has me excited too. I cannot wait.

@ginnaboots - My job is pretty good. It is slow so we really just sit around and talk and something play on facebook and tiktok.
    @NovemberGail - We did get our sunshine. I was at work all day though but when I got home I opened all the windows and let the fresh air in. I have the stuffy house.
    @LindieMaeP - That cat looks so relaxed. My cat just lays where ever. Right now she is on top of a dresser laying on it.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    It’s 69 feels like 69 with a high of 90 today. Insight Timer Quote: This is a brief life, but not in its brevity, it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures.—Rudyard Kipling I AM: I do my best to stay happy despite swirling emotions. Axe Sharpening: Push yourself and put a smile on your face.—Claire Thomas 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful. Fitness Quote: Exercise is a blessing, not a chore. I workout because I am grateful I physically can.—WODSHOP Motivational Quote: Surround yourself with people who inspire you and fantastic things will happen.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,991 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 67/305 mile a day and 8 Week Strength-Advanced Active Rest Day after breakfast.
  • cormierannie
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i am going for a long walk in a while. i will be doing some dancing later on. i am definitely going to be going back outdoors to enjoy the beautiful weather here today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    edited May 2023
    Hi all. Sending hugs, prayers and blessing to all of you.
    It is quite warm today, 86, but there is a breeze, enjoyed sitting out for a while. I set goals for May. I am trying to exercise more and walk more. This week May 1-6: 14509 steps, 5.98 mines and 136 minutes of exercise. I am hoping to get back up where I was 8000 to 12000 steps daily. Not sure I will ever get there. Slowly adjusting that I am not be able to do everything I did before. Have a great rest of the day.

She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.--Atticus
  • NovemberGail
    Today almost felt like summer. The humidity is very high and the dehumidifier has already filled up once today.

My energy went into pulling up Japanese honeysuckle. It was growing into cedars where I think I picked up close to a dozen ticks. Believe me, the shower felt heavenly. Now I am drooping.

Tabatha, hope that your day met all expectations. I got goosebumps thinking about how everything is going together for you.

Cat, to be honest, I hated school. Not until I got into the courses in spirituality did I really enjoy learning. I can say that was and is my passion.

Joyce, you are doing great on the walking!

Greetings Patti

Finding the name for these wildflowers has been fun and your appreciation is a bonus!

Tomorrow's word is willingness.

Now I present the hoary piccoon

d6t1u8nz43p3.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    Good evening everyone, been a very busy day with spiritual activites and now it is almost time to shut down and call it a night. Miss KiKi has had a bit of a snack, a good rub down and now chilling in the livingroom. I will put her wet food out before I go to bed and that will tie her over till her auto feed goes off at 6:30 AM - it's funny when it goes off cause my daughter is telling her to come eat and she just ignores it LOL well I know one time it went off and I jumped, as I forgot it would go off lol
    @Tabatha_Cain KiKi is definetely an independant cat and a sleuth as well - fortunately she does not go on my bed, or the kitchen counters. She does go on my dresser to come down from the window but she's not been doing that lately she's been staying in the livingroom. I wake up and go out in the living room to see the rug messed up from her playing - once I found her food bag knocked down and looked like she played with that too, or was trying to get some food lol Ahh she will be home soon enough, how did your day go ? I hope it went well for you!
    @everyone, have a good evening and be refreshed for what ever tomorrow brings your way!!
    dfbfncmanwt8.gif
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is is Thunderstorming out all day. Today we have Church and then we have lunch and then meeting with the coordinator and then wedding dress fitting and then dinner with Joe's parents and then home. It is going to be a busy day. We are so so busy today but I love it.

Here are photos of my hair trial from yesterday:
    fmvtliqhkotr.jpg
    decl7mc5owgu.jpg

@NovemberGail - Yesterday went really well. I had my hair trial for my wedding. I have photos above. I am super excited. I love the hairstyle.
    @LindieMaeP - My day went great. My hair trial was amazing. It went so well. My cats definitely go all over the house and literally beat the crap out of each other. There are 3 of them though. So they love playing together and destroying cardboard together.

Well it is time to get some breakfast going. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha

• Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    It’s 72 feels like 72 with a high of 83 today. Insight Timer Quote: The best way to predict the future is to invent it.—Alan Kay I AM: I am fully present in each moment today. Axe Sharpening: You have to do whatever it takes to chase the best version of yourself.—Kenny Clayborn 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Make a list of what matters most to you and why. Fitness Quote: Fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition. You can’t outrun your fork.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: You must not under any pretense allow your mind to dwell on any thought that is not positive, constructive, optimistic, kind.—Emmet Fox Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,971 steps yesterday. Training Plan: Day 68/305 mile a day this morning.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a relaxing day. Church followed by fellowship. Also did a little light work in the flower bed and played cards with Hubby. My shoulder was hurt well before my ankle.
  • LindieMaeP
    z14v8e4uad1w.jpeg
    sc9bp8q0qro0.jpeg
    lybkbfmcp7cl.jpeg
    My Walk Treasures today - not a lot but enough to put a smile on my face - the lilacs are beautiful - just not enough nore last long enough!!
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend,
    @Tabatha_Cain sure hope everything went ok for you and Joe and you both were able to relax some what !!
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,681 Member
    @LindieMaeP Those are beautiful flowers!!
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a good day. I am having a good morning so far and I am doing really well with things. I am going to get some stuff done this morning. I think it is going to be a good morning. I am going to hopefully get a walk in this morning.

@CSEGUIN2 - I am glad you had a good day
    @LindieMaeP - We were able to relax this weekend. We had a good weekend. I love the flowers.

Well it is time to get some breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    It’s 70 feels like 70 with a high of 85 today. Insight Timer Quote: A single rose can be my garden…a single friend, my world.—Leo Buscaglia I AM: My personal wealth extends far beyond just money. Axe Sharpening: Take the risk or miss the chance!—Toni Livers 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Set yourself a kindness mission to help others today. Fitness Quote: Whatever the problem is, The answer is not in the fridge.—fitnessmotivationalquotes.co Motivational Quote: Smile, love, and be kind; those are the best ways to live and enjoy your one wonderful life.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,368 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 69/305 mile a day and 8 Week Strength-Advanced Speed Bench Day after work.
  • Patti241
    Good morning
  • NovemberGail
    So much happening among us. Would love to respond to each one but I missed posting last night and running late this morning. I will carry you all in my heart today. Will quickly say that I love your hairstyle for the wedding Tabatha!

Today's word is synthesis.

3dkuhv27kjwh.jpg
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Tabatha-Love your hair. So pretty. How exciting for you!

Lindie-The flowers are so beautiful. Just not seeing much around here yet. I think it is because of the weird weather we had all winter. Cold then warm. I think the flowers are confused on what to do...lol

Gail-Beautiful picture!

Hope you all have a great day! Happy Monday!
  • Kurtize
    Good morning all. had a very devastating day yesterday, I'm not going into details but I felt my world had come to an end. Today is better. Thank God.

Tabatha loved the hair. Linda beautiful flowers.

This was part of my morning devotional, and I sure needed it.

Today is a new day, a day for a new beginnings, attitudes, and hope. This is a day to overcome worries of the past and to be faith-filled and positive about the future.
  • LindieMaeP
    Good morning everyone thank you for the comments on my pictures of the flowers, I just aim and click, the camera does the rest!! BUT I tend to always find something to aim and click!! I hope you all are having a good day and a good start to week 5!! Can you beleive we are on week 5 already?? OH MY !!
    @Tabatha_Cain so glad you had a good weekend and it was relaxing, enjoy your day at work today and dont' sweat the small stuff eh !! Have to remind me of that all the time.
    @ThursLins thank you. I hope you are doing well during the challenge.
    2loads of laundry done just waiting for them to cool off before I put them away - then I will see what I will get into - it is so nice out, Gene and I might go shopping, or I might go by myself. I have an event this Sunday and I want a new purse - not that I dont' have one, I have lots but they can't hold all I need them to hold at times. Plus I like a shoulder strap too. Also want a summery colour one. I 'll check out winners and maybe Marshalls... or I just may make do !!
    Have a good one and enjoy your Monday !!
    pd85sx5tma2g.gif
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day. Got dishes and laundry done. Also played cards with Hubby. Ankle is a little sore tonight so am glad I have rested it today. Tomorrow is TOPS and the dentist for another filling.
  • cormierannie
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful, mild, sunny day here today! my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago to drop off some extra clothes to the clothing drop box that is near my place. i like to help others whenever i can. i will be doing some dancing later on. i am heading out to see a movie called crazy rich asians at the library that is close to my place. i have heard that is a good movie. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,681 Member
    4ig5lu8axsxi.jpeg

These were my purple coneflowers of various kinds. The special ones were "red" and "double pink". This was my view when standing at the kitchen sink (of our home in Michigan.) I miss all my plants & flowers more than I miss the house. Altho, the house was very nice. It was about 150+ yrs old, a square brick house. Not the fancy Queen Ann style or anything. It was more of a "gingerbread house." Literally, perhaps, since I baked so much. LOL.