Airport Lounge Discussion

Ceriusly1
Ceriusly1 Posts: 6,222 Member
WELCOME ONE AND ALL!! Frequent flyers and new flyers, this is the Special Lounge for you to come and connect with several hundred of your friends. Ask questions, chat, and get to know one another. They will be your support group this Spring!

Please pull up a chair and begin to chat with your 5% Challenge Community Friends ... HICIM705

Your 5% Challenge ~ Overall Leadership Team:
Lynn (KALISWALKER), Heidi (HICIM705), Ceri (CERIUSLY1), Diane (DIANEDOESSMILES1), and Barb (LADYLUK1)

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 7,095 Member
    Looking forward to team challenge.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,888 Member
    vdb5oumvsm6q.png
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,315 Member
    ts465mld45x8.jpg
    I forgot I lost all of my days of the week photos when my computer died and I got my new one.
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Happy Sunday! Wow…thanks Cat for the compliment on the picture I posted. Must be all the hiking and weight lifting. I posted some before and after pics on Spark shortly before it shut down and I believe I weighed about 10 pounds lighter on spark. I had lost about 62 pounds and have kept most of it off. Put on about 15 in three years. I call it the Covid 15…lol. You are looking fabulous!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 5,079 Member
    Good afternoon everyone, it's a beautiful sunny day here today and I got out this morning and had a fabulous time. Wound up at Fraser River Park and lots of dog walkers were out and about and it was nice to chat with them when we could. I got a couple of shots, no planes though I was facing the wrong way and had no sunglasses so I was a one eye'd Lindie trying to see lol
    @macrat12 oh bummer on loosing all those pictures, it pays to have them saved to a storage disk I have a few now .. but it's time I save some more, although I do have some saved on facebook so I can get them there too.
    @Catwmncat this sunday has including all my den friends !!

q6g7ha32coul.jpg
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    What a gorgeous Sunday. The March winds have arrived--unfortunately for some creating havoc and loss lives. Today the wind was quite gentle.

@Catwmncat: Your weight loss photos are inspiring. Good work, girl!!!

@LindieMaeP: Our trees are starting to look like that, too! Just hoping we won't get a hard freeze and the flowers will be nipped.

Yesterday I managed to be very careful with what I ate. Today is my free day and still didn't over-indulge. (Don't look at my food diary. I made the Spice Pumpkin muffins and ate too many before freezing).

Tomorrow's word is SPONTANEITY!

9lt6kbrb8728.jpg

Meet Jacob -- one of our six community cats. The photo doesn't do this handsome boy justice.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,333 Member
    Hi everyone! Yesterday was crazy-helping run a concession stand at my kid’s indoor percussion competition. But today was back to normal
  • Catwmncat
    Sunday's Eats
    Cottage Cottage/Yogurt with Berries, Lemon Curd & Praline Pecans. Cajun Scampi Shrimp and Pasta, Spinach & Mushrooms and Corn on the Cob. Graham Crackers and Almond Milk.
    mn37ngu7bmpi.jpg
    @ginnaboots the last picture I saw of you, you were quite a bit heavier... at least that's what I remember.
    @LindieMaeP
    @NovemberGail TY, TY, TY I've been working very hard at getting back in shape. Apparently you liked the Pumpkin Muffins???? I've had the cake mix and pumpkin sitting on the kitchen counter for 2 days, but they haven't fit into my Macros yet so I'm waiting to make them. Hello Jacob!

ck0s3s1mw5nr.jpg
  • macrat12
    It’s 60 feels like 58 with a high of 66 today. Insight Timer Quote: In a world addiction to speed, slowness is a superpower.—Carl Honore. I AM: I show my gratitude by being kind to others. Axe Sharpening: Powerful things happen when you start putting in consistent work to achieve your goals.—Stormi Knight 1st Phirm Elite Athlete. Action for Happiness: If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down. Fitness Quote: Don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote: Focus on the positives in your life. Appreciate those who love you and ignore the rest.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,343 steps yesterday. Training plan: WHD Legs +’ LISS and Core Challenge Week 5, Day 1: Midway retest and 1 mile walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 5,011 Member
    I am now over to the spring airport lounge.
  • Catwmncat
    k9m4n2deq1lv.gif
    @LindieMaeP I guess I forgot to post my comment above... Cool picture of the trees. Looks like Spring taking over Winter. If your Sunday included den friends then it absolutely included good things in life.
    @Patti241 Glad you made it over here.
  • LindieMaeP
    Good morning folks, beautiful day on tap, after rain all evening and night it is a nice sunny day and I plan on getting out for a walk at least to Safeway to pick up a few things. Can't do laundry this morning, the machine is out of commission and "off centre" so it needs a repair man. Hopefully tomorrow it will be functioning and I can do my laundry, if not come Wednesday I will go to the laundromat ( it costs 2 x as much) ... decisions decisions!
    @Catwmncat no worries all is good eh !!
    Have a great Monday as you choose to.
    9a8v0gceqmgb.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,625 Member
    HI ALL!! Stopping on by like a touch and go airplane run by!! Today is super windy!! SO SUPER WINDY!! WOW I literally looked UP in the sky to see how close the jet was (I live nearby an airport and see them fly over the harbor as they come in for the landing), but there was NO JET!! It's the WIND!
  • LindieMaeP
    Good morning, it's a beautiful morning here this morning, and I got out for a walk to Safeway and back IN the sun! It cost me too much though !
    @ginnaboots have you ever been over the bridge or tunnel into Windsor and beyond to say Point Peelee National Park, or Kingsville area? Your picture this morning reminded me of the Point !! LOL beautiful indeed, can just imagine in the future !!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 waving hi on your fly by !! Yes if it is too windy it is unsafe for planes, however, the planes were taking off and landing all morning and I could hear them taking off while walking. One right after another, busy day at the airport!
    Machine is still outta commission but I can wait till later in the week, I am just so used to doing laundry on Monday! lol
    zfutn2oxnsy9.png
    The very tip of Point Peelee National Park!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 5,081 Member
    7lu94ab9s2w4.gif

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Finally made it! Prayers and hugs to those who need them.

The last few days have been a bit off. Saturday night found out my sister tested positive for COVID. Today her boyfriend did as well. So far my son is not feeling well but has not tested positive yet. He was here Monday and Tuesday so hoping he didn't bring it with him. Went to church yesterday, studied, did laundry and dishes, all worked on decluttering our DVD collection. Hubby said we didn't have more than 400 lol. Turns out we do as the DVD binder I bought is almost full and only holds 400 and I still have a bunch to put in. Today I just couldn't get myself to get dressed and exercise. So instead I studied and read a book I hadn't been reading lately. I know part of the issue is I haven't been drinking my usual amount of water and am probably dehydrated. Also played cards with Hubby both yesterday and today. Tomorrow is TOPS, rest and weigh day. Not sure how I will do but I know I can only do better.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 7,095 Member
    Good evening and happy new week. Went for a walk, sat outside, another beautiful day, Hugs and blessings.

xdhafq31qvi5.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    Quick drop by have lots to do and little time, washer finally fixed, did one load after a trip to Wellness ( Shopper's Drugmart store ) and bought my new portable compact elliptical - it works great and after 1 minute I was tired LOL gonna take time to build consistancy and endurance! Gene went and got food for dinner, chicken chow mein and pork fried rice - he said it's a bit bland - it was ok for me. He can eat the rest !

dm1ank39op27.png
    0vle690spyy7.png

• NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Greetings all! Today the weather got up to 78 and then winter is to return as the week progresses. The recording what I am eating is helping me tremendously. It seems like I cannot skip days because I lose focus of what I am eating.

@Catwmncat: I love the muffins. They are now in my freezer--love frozen muffins. I added walnuts and I think next time I would add raisins, too. Glad you passed on the recipe.

@Dianedoessmiles1: When wind sounds like a jet -- that is high winds. When it sounds like a train, that means a tornado. Stay safe.

@ginnaboots: The water is beautiful. Was that area hit by the hurricane?

Tomorrow's word is purification -- a great reminder to drink fluids.

Hope you all have a blessed day tomorrow.

goeahmcbm1gg.jpg
  • Catwmncat
    Monday's Eats
    Peanut Butter and Banana on Dave's Good Seed Thin with a Drizzle of Honey and sprinkle of Cinnamon. ~ Alaskan Sockeye with Chipolte Mango Crunch Seasoning, Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato with Hot Honey ~ Smart Pop Kettle Corn with Buck Wild Snack Mix and Mint Chocolate Chip Yasso Bar
    lzqi0qhacfz8.jpg
    @ginnaboots The Cajun Scampi Shrimp is one of the meals that hubs likes as well. Sometimes we have it over Creamy grits and sometimes pasta. I don't think the all black made that much of a difference. It sure didn't make your face look different. Your picture is fantastic. You have the most beautiful places to hike.
    @LindieMaeP Glad you were able to get out and walk in the sun. A good dose of vitamin D does wonders. Cool picture of the point. Dinner looks yummy! Was it lo mein or chow mein?
    @itladyee Hi! Welcome to the airport lounge.
    @CSEGUIN2 Hope your son doesn't test positive and didn't bring it to your house. 400+ DVD's... you could open a rental store. Hope yoy get your mojo back soon.
    @NovemberGail Tracking my food is essential for me to lose or maintain. Every time I have stopped in the past I have put 30-50lbs on... Lesson Finally Learned! I'm so glad you like the Muffins. I'm planning on making some with walnuts and chocolate chips tomorrow for dessert... I'll add 1 tbsp of real homemade cream cheese icing.😋 Gotta keep that sweet tooth happy!
  • macrat12
    It’s 37 feels like 29 with a high of 51 today. Insight Timer Quote: Happiness is not some ‘thing’ to be pursued, it is a way of being born from appreciating.—Rasheed Ogunlaru I AM: I am worthy of receiving prosperity. Axe Sharpening: Everyone has the same potential. It’s what you do with that potential that matters.—Sal Frisella 1st Phorm President Action for Happiness: Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day. Fitness Quote: Sweat is just fat crying.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: You reap fruit from the same kind of seed you’ve been sowing. You can’t talk negative and expect to live positive.—Joel Osteen Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 18,012 steps yesterday. Training plan: WHD Back/Biceps and Core Challenge Week 5, Day 2:HIIT in the gym after breakfast and Day 7 of 305 mile a day for the rest of 2023 challenge before my gym workout.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 5,011 Member
    Catwmn: Thank you.
  • tjharleygal55
    tjharleygal55 Posts: 583 Member
    There are so many beautiful nature pics posted! Love them.

@LindieMaeP I see you are near Vancouver. It must still be a bit chilly there? I love the pics of your walks. Motivates me to get out there even though we still have over a foot of snow on the ground. 😊
  • LindieMaeP
    Good morning everyone, I hope you are having a great day today. It's a little on the grey side out there but sun is on it's way. Nothing much planned today except to play with the new exercise toy and start a good routine of actually using it not just looking at it. I have repositioned it so I can watch videos on my computer while using the machine once I build up the stamina and the knees get comfortable with it. It is a sit down exercise machine, and it works better then the other cycler I got which would never stay put! I can use that one for the arms from time to time.
    @Catwmncat it is chowmein, and it was good LOL BUT I better not have too much today, so that ole scale be working it for sure. Then the rest Gene can have cause I still have lots of cooked meals I need to eat too! Your meals look great as usual... no disappointment there, but I did go out and buy some almond butter for the popcorn cakes ..
    @tjharleygal55 Hello, yes I am in Vancouver BC and the weather right now is 5C and rain - light rain, good thing I washed my hair and am not going out it takes hours for the roots to dry! Are you familiar with Vancouver? Where are you located? I hope your day is going well.
    @everyone hope you all have a good day below are two pictures, both are from the Smithsonian when I visited there a long time ago, space always intregues me so you knwo I hadda get there... think ... Night at the Smithsonian series, they were pretty fun ...

r465sn0hoz3j.png

d8i89h13nxq9.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,625 Member
    HI ALL!! I've read up on you all!! GREAT JOB with so many pictures, plans in place, and moderation with eating. Are you joined up with your teams during the break? @Lindiemaep ,, so funny how that worked out so well!! Linda is on the Rain Dancer team, coming back to the Positively Strong 4 Life team for the spring (WELCOME HOME!)LOL! Both of our teams are together during the break. WOOHOO!!! A chance to know some on the PS4L team you may not know, reconnect with others of us, and saying goodbye to the friends you've made on the Rain Dancers.
    Hopefully soon I'll be all caught up and also feeling better. i am wearing a heart monitor which hopefully will help them figure out what's happening. I know it's picking up on things, but if it's the heart (it may not be) but something else that's affecting my blood pressure swings, that's THEIR JOB!! LOL I am not at all a Dr. I'd LOVE to feel better again and join you all on a hike!! There's an AMAZING Small mountain (Okay they call it one, it's really a hill as far as I am concerned! LOL) not to far away I've always wanted to climb up. The sunsets and sunrises from the top are STUNNING!
  • LindieMaeP
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I sure hope the monitor picks up something too, mine did not but another fancy test did but nothing big enough for stints so waiting and hoping they never grow to need stints. Hense heart healthy foods as best I can. How's the fur babies doing? I know they be keeping you company. Oh now I have an idea that maybe those who hike wonderful places can post a video or pics so you can envision yourself hiking with them. You know I only do walks, so I'll share what I can ... and I have lots of nature to share!! Yes homeward bound, indeed -- I have enjoyed experiencing different teams and folks on the teams but time to come home ... I need to practice my lion's roar !!! LOL
    vrewd6384p37.gif
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,333 Member
    Hi all! Was trying to finish a book but I fell asleep-very sleepy now
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Lindie- My mother is from the Upper Peninsula so I went as a child several times a year. My oldest sister lives there now. We went on a whim one day to Canada from Sault Ste. Marie while visiting my sister to see if we would spot any moose...lol. I cannot remember where we ended up, but it was a lot of country roads. Never did see any moose. I haven't been to the U.P in 16 years. I would love to go and do some hiking, but I can never seem to find the time. I like to do most of my hiking long distances in the fall and winter as I am not big on spring and summer. I do hike in the summer months, but not near as much as fall & winter. Love the cooler weather. That is some good looking chinese good. Yum!

@NovemberGail - Good job on the tracking. I can't remember where you are from, but 78 degrees and then winter again. That is quite the contrast. The picture is at Hoffmaster State Park in Michigan. Usually the brush is greened up in the Spring so that is why it looks so ratty..lol No hurricanes here or tornados where I live. Although we do get tornados in Michigan, just not where I live. Not saying with global warming there isn't a chance, but I live a couple miles from Lake Michigan and usually they dissipate before they make landfall. Most we get is bad thunderstorms and once straight line winds. The flowers are beautiful! None here yet, but we had some warmer weather today, so I am sure things are starting to bloom. I will have to look out my back slider to see if my daffodils are coming in yet.

@CSEGUIN2 -Oh bummer that your sister and her boyfriend tested positive for Covid. Hopefully they will have a mild case. Hope your son doesn't end up getting it. I went for 3 years not getting it and ended up with it a couple months ago. I felt off for a couple of days and by the 3rd day was feeling better. It took a while for my energy levels to come back. Probably a month before I was fully back to my normal self. Well not sure I would call myself normal...hahahahaha!

@Kurtize - You have an awesome week too! Enjoy the nice walking weather.

@itladyee -Hello there! Have a wonderful day!

Diane-stay safe. That must be some crazy wind if it sounded like a plane going by.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead.

• Catwmncat
    @LindieMaeP Interesting what you call chow mein is what we call lo mein, at least any I've ever had. I've never had chow mein with noodles in it.
    njg28fdlswd4.jpg