Airport Lounge Discussion

Replies

• NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    I am so very late tonight. It's been a long day and am one step closer to resolving the computer issues.

My dear kitties got into a heap of trouble tonight. I have a rather heavy statue that I keep on my refrigerator. For some reason, tonight the kits decided that it needed to be removed. They managed to push it off onto the range's glass top and managed to destroy the cover. Replacement cost: over $450. The question is to buy a new oven or replace the glass top. Into everyone's life a little rain must fall -- or statues. GROAN.

Tomorrow's words are peace and inspiration.

This little daffodil is no bigger than a crocus. She is cute.

3y4kaatce4p3.jpg

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 5,079 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends,

Well just lost everything I was typing. That stinks. It was my fault though and I know it is because of the touchpad mouse on my laptop. I need to disable that again. So short and sweet. I am officially 99 days from my wedding and I am so excited.

@LindieMaeP - I have it worked out. I am going to have it done at 2 today.
    @Catwmncat - That is what I am thinking. I will just leave early. I am just concerned that he will start asking for doctor notes and I don't have one for this.
    @NovemberGail - A new stove will be twice the cost of the glass top. I recommend just the glass top. Sorry your kitties did the dropsies.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 5,011 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,315 Member
    It’s 27 feels like 17 with a high of 48 today. Insight Timer Quote: The most important point is to accept yourself and stand on your two feet.—Shunryu Suzuki I AM: I train my mind to be an ally to my body. Axe Sharpening: Stop overthinking the process. Just take that first step.—Elena Lucas 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Look around and spot three things you find unusual or pleasant. Fitness Quote: Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want the most.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: Staying positive gives you control over your mind, your mood, and your day.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,398 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 17 of 305 mile a day for the rest of 2023 challenge, WHD Glutes and Shoulders and Core Challenge Week 6, Day 5: Core after breakfast.
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    @NovemberGail -Oh I am so sorry about your stove. Yikes! I guess it would depend on how much a new one cost and how old is the one you have? Very pretty blue birds. When I visit my SIL in the summer, she has a lot of bird houses and one for bluebirds. They are so pretty.

Lindie-Love all of your flower pictures. Probably the only thing I look forward to in Spring or Summer are the flowers, otherwise I look forward to winter as soon as spring hits....lol. Point Betsie Lighthouse is probably our most popular one that I know of. It is in Frankfort, MI close to Sleeping Bear Dunes which is a popular tourist destination. Love the meme of the cat sliding down the slide! That would be me when playing at the park with Wyatte...hahahaha.

@tjharleygal55-Those pictures are so pretty. Love to snowmobile. Wasn't much of that in lower Michigan this year. We didn't have the winter for it. Not sure what the UP got as far as snow. My brother in law usually does a lot of snowmobiling, but haven't heard from my sister as to how much snow they got this year. She hates winter so I don't ask....lol. Nice that you were able to get out and have some fun in the snow!

Cat-I love those pictures! You look great! Hubs is only 75...he is still young! The food looked delicious!
    Nice that you got to be with your DIL and her mom! Just now getting used to the time change. It was rough the first few days.

Diane-Sorry you aren't feeling well, but glad you had a great day! Did you get your 3D puzzle done yet? I haven't got one yet. Have to get online and order one. I am excited to do one.

Tabatha-Hope you are able to skip out from work to get the drug test.

Had Wyatte the last 2 days. Today he has a half day so I am taking him out to lunch. Hopefully a nap later as having him tuckers me out. No hiking today or tomorrow. We are having high winds and I am not even about being out in the woods when trees limbs are falling....lol.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Ginna
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,888 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Sorry you had a rough day physically. Glad we were able to talk and laugh for a while. Laughter, friends and love make everything better.
    @NovemberGail Gotta love it when the fur babies decide it's time to redecorate and upgrade appliances. Repair vs replace just the top or whole oven would depend on how old it is and how much you like the one you have, along with costs. If it's more than a couple years old I'd probably replace the whole thing if I could afford it.
    @Tabatha_Cain Been there, done that with the lost posts, that's why I hit the Save Draft button after every couple of sentences. Closing in on the wedding Fast, remember to Breathe and Enjoy the journey. I wouldn't worry too much about your boss wanting a doctor note. What's he going to do... fire you? I doubt it, maybe reprimand you, but you're planning on leaving anyway so it's no biggie.
    @ginnaboots I have tried telling hubs 75 is not that old but he insists its ancient. Oh well, maybe he's old but I don't think I'll be old at 75. I know you enjoy every minute you get with Wyatt but it can be exhausting try to keep up with the littles. Hope you get to enjoy a nice nap!
    2f5p7qra8xwu.jpg
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,333 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain -can you do a drug test at lunch or on a Saturday? Sorry I haven’t done those in while
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,333 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -i know you really like snow so 4.5 doesn’t sound horrible. Pretty close to the 5-10 they were calling for.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 7,095 Member
    mm8vmhc0hwe7.jpg
  • Catwmncat
    edited March 2023
    utdd3spe0dhw.jpg
    Friday's Eats ~ 1% Cottage Cheese/Oikos Triple Zero Strawberry Yogurt with Strawberries and Dark Chocolate Drizzle - Ground Chuck Patty with Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms & A1 Sauce, Sweet Potato with Hot Honey Seasoning and Corn on the Cob - Mini Caramel Rice Crisps and Chocolate Covered Caramels.
    Mentally and Emotionally drained today so didn't get all that was planned done but had fun in the sun working on those biceps in the yard for 1 1/2hrs.💪
    Don't forget tomorrow is Caturday Weigh Day for those that are staying accountable and weighing in. Have a Grrreat Night!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,625 Member
    @Ginnaboots ,,, Awww THANKS!! Today I felt better, I KNOW I way overdid it today, and tomorrow I'll pay big time. LOL But, it was fun again!! My only thing on the schedule for tomorrow is grocery shopping for a few items. I want to go meeting on Sunday, we have the speaker for lunch. We are doing it there. I am very much looking forward to it.
    @Catwmncat ,,, Awwww TY TY TY Cat for the giggles last night!!
    @Bookienj,,, True ,, True,, LOL I am GREEDY I WANTED the TEN!!!
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 4,494 Member
    Today was a very nice day. We decided to take a drive out to Elizabeth Lake and Lake Hughes. Elizabeth Lake is about 20 mins from where we live, and Lake Hughes is about 15 minutes past that. In the past the lakes were always full and beautiful, but due to the long drought we had both lakes went completely dry. Lake Hughes is a smaller lake, but pretty. Not only does it have a lot of water, thanks to the rain and snow, the lake has a lot of water. A couple were using their paddle boat. It looked like fun. Poppies are starting to bloom on the hills. Woo Hoo!
    jbte7z6wo7c2.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,625 Member
    @jeanhickokhaley1 ,,, What a GORGEOUS Picture!! SO HAPPY the lakes have water back in them. That's so nice!! Ohhh can you please post pics of the poppies as you take them for us? Ohhh and if you see any catus that are blossoming?
  • NovemberGail
    I learned that the kitties weren't the only bad beasties. Billie left a calling card on the rug which was only discovered later. Today two lovely stray dogs were on the property. It took a couple of hours, but I finally tracked down the owner. What an ingenious way to meet neighbors.

The stove was so badly cracked that it would have been a danger to keep. Looking at its age, too, the decision was to get a new one.

Now I am ready to "lay me down to sleep. . ."

Word for tomorrow is responsibility.

Photos of the two lost dogs. They were so sweet.
    s5ab2c8j6z1m.jpg
    r9n69co2b6h2.jpg

• Tabatha_Cain
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be busy. I have some work with the Pride Organization I am on the board with and then Joe and I are hanging together all day. I have house cleaning to do but things will be good today. I am sure. Only 98 days until my wedding. Yay.

@ginnaboots - I was able to skip out. Problem was I did not have enough pee and they would not let me drink water because it dilutes the sample. So I have to go back Monday or Tuesday.
    @Catwmncat - That is true. I have not been written up yet at all so there is that. I will hopefully be out of there by April 5th.
    @bookieNJ - Drug test site is 30 minutes away and only open 730 to 3 pm Monday through Friday. Yeah they picked a horrible site. But I have to go with it.
    @NovemberGail - Is Billie rebelling against the new kittens? Good thinking on getting a new stove. It is more costly but better all the way around.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    It’s 24 feels like 14 with a high of 36 today. Insight Timer Quote: A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.—Irish Proverb I AM: I find a home everywhere I go. Axe Sharpening: Attitude is everything. How you react or respond to adversity dictates the trajectory of your entire existence.—Mike Counihan 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. Fitness Quote: “No Pain, No Gain. Shut up and Train.”—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational Quote: Be peaceful. Be positive. Be grateful.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,475 steps yesterday. Training Plan: Day 18 of 305 mile a day for the rest of 2023 challenge and WHD Core + LISS after breakfast.
  • ginnaboots
    @jeanhickokhaley1 -Beautiful picture. Good that the lake are filled up again. We used to have a cottage up north and loved getting out with our paddle boat. Wish we wouldn't have sold it, but back then we had so much going on that we just weren't using it. Hopefully one day we can get something else as we get closer to retirement.

@NovemberGail -Awww...they are sweet. I love black labs. I used to have one growing up. They are so loyal.

Tabatha-Oh bummer that you went all the way over there and couldn't get it done. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday works out.

@macrat12 -Nice job on closing all the hearts on your Samsung.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • tjharleygal55
    tjharleygal55 Posts: 583 Member
    edited March 2023
    Had a visitor yesterday! I was shocked when I came out of the bedroom and saw this one looking in the window. The deer usually aren’t that…hmm…friendly? We had just gotten another 2-3” of snow the night b/f, so I think it was looking for a handout. 😉

mshag49c23la.jpeg

@Tabatha_Cain Congrats on only 98 days! I love that you’re counting it down daily. 😊 Bummer re: the appt. After all the things to happen. Hopefully it’ll go better next time.

@Catwmncat I’m bad enough at posting my own requirements each week. I would really screw up the system if I were any kind of leader right now. 😂 I agree with your advice to measure everything. It’s so easy to gradually add more and more to the plate and I know I have to even measure my peanut butter or creamer for my coffee! By the way, the blessing you posted in the pic with your food yesterday, I BOL. (Burst Out Laughing) 😉

@LindieMaeP Beautiful pics again!

@Dianedoessmiles1 Hope you are feeling better today than you thought you would. It is hard to not overdo at times.

@jeanhickokhaley1 Love the pic of the paddle boat. It all looks so peaceful. 😊
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,286 Member
    i am looking forward to the spring challenge.
  • NovemberGail
    Cold, windy day that is not inducing me to stay outside long. I am certainly on the lazier side of Saturday. Despite the cold, Billie does not want to come in. I had to put her car harness outside and she is using it for a doggie bed. She has stayed there since morning--except for when I went outside to find her to come in and she disappeared.

@tjharleygal55: That is a beautiful deer. It seems to be weathering winter pretty well.

Tomorrow's words are positive energy.

7tdsibj63rqr.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 5,079 Member
    Good afternoon everyone, it's such a beautiful day out I ventured out to Queen Elizabeth Park to see how the park is shaping up and what the gardeners are up to. I got some great shots with my Ipad and I'll share them here. Thank you for your kind words for the pictures I post, I do live in a beautiful part of the world but I bet some of you do too! I love it when folks share their pictures!
    @tjharleygal55 oh man that shot is amazing and that deer looks like it is not afraid, maybe they know it is not hunting season ? lol don't feed them what ever you do, it interfers with their natural instincts to find food. People here were feeding black bears of all things, those bears had to be put down and the people fined. I dont' even feed the birds unless I have the food they actually eat. I see people feeding the crows here bread crumbs, absolute worst thing to feed them. Anyway I am sure you already know that and I am no doubt preaching to the chior !! Still all in all love the picture!
    @NovemberGail animals sure have their moods eh? You don't like the weather but the dog does go figure LOL
    @Tabatha_Cain sorry it was a miss for your test - when I am nervous I always gotta go LOL except when I have to for a test - even at the lab sigh... I hope you can get it submitted soon. Enjoy your weekend with JOE!!
    159fjbxc1d58.png
    o23omvxuky4r.png
    wa9rgcs22abb.png
    bmszahlepkrh.png
    More another time, perhaps even some mountain views !! See ya !!
  • Catwmncat
    Saturday's Eats ~ Planned-Over Chicken and Waffles with Brandy Sauce and Plain Greek Yogurt & Blueberries - Bourbon Garlic Salmon with White Sweet Potato, Peas and Merlot - Special K Protein Cereal and Raspberry Dark Chocolate Bark.
    @jeanhickokhaley1 How beautiful is that lake! It is wonderful that it is full of water once again for all to enjoy.
    @NovemberGail Your fur babies sure are testing your patience recently, at least their latest escapades would try mine. Great job tracking down the owner of those beautiful dogs. If you are thinking of getting another glass top stove you might want to steer clear of one with stainless trim and control panel that is directly on the glass like the one I have. It is EXTREMELY hard to clean as you can not get any of the glass cleaner on the stainless or it will scratch it.
    b1hgyj9a06nc.png
    @Tabatha_Cain Hopefully all will go well with the next attempt at testing and you will be into a new job soon. Enjoy your day hanging with your love!
    @tjharleygal55 How wonderful to be greeted by such a beauty!! Believe me if I could be taught how to do the things I do as a leader anyone can. You should check out the Leader Training School even if you think you might want to do it in the future. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10886542/leaders-training-school-to-open-soon#latest
    Being a Leader on the 5% Challenges not only helps to motivate and help others but it also helps us to stay accountable and more apt to hold on to our healthy lifestyle journey. I still measure EVERYTHING, other than occasionally boneless skinless chicken breast. If I don't measure the portions get out of control at lightening speed. Glad the meme brought a laugh!
    @LindieMaeP The park looks like it is shaping up nicely.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I have my make-up trial for my wedding. I am excited about that. I am hoping that things go well with that today. Then afterwards we are going wedding dress shopping as my step daughter is getting married next year. So she needs a dress to get married in.

@ginnaboots - Yeah I am hoping it will work out.
    @tjharleygal55 - I would say the deer definitely wanted some food. I am sure the drug test will go better next time.
    @LindieMaeP - Yeah I am not sure what the issues was, but it was not enough pee. So we will try again.
    @Catwmncat - I am sure I will be. I just have to get another email asking for me to go take the drug test,

Well it is time to get some breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    It’s 17 feels like 17 with a high of 44 today. Insight Timer Quote: There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm.—Willa Cather I AM: All of my problems are solvable. Axe Sharpening: I chose to start & never stop, even when I wanted to give up.—Claire Thomas 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today. Fitness Quote: Skip the BS. Save the Excuses. Get In The Gym.—gymquotes.co Motivational Quote: Remind yourself each and every day that you’re a good person and worthy of a wonderful life.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,510 steps yesterday. Training plan: WHD Rest Day and Day 19/305 mile a day challenge after breakfast.
  • ginnaboots
    @tjharleygal55-How cool is that! What a great picture you got! We have some that are eating all of our greenery and buds on our apple tree. They have ate as much as they can reach. I see tracks in the snow every morning.

@NovemberGail -So cute Billie doesn't want to come in. Sounds like me. I never want to come in from the cold. I was the same way when I was little. My mom would yell for me and my sister to come and warm up. As soon as my snowpants, mittens and boots were dry, I would head out again. Loved playing outside in the winter and still do!

@LindieMaeP-Some great pictures you are getting! They have signs up at our local park asking that people do not feed the ducks breadcrumbs and explaining why, but people still do it. So sad about he black bear.

@Tabatha_Cain -Have fun wedding dress shopping. Hope she finds the one! Are you doing your own makeup or having a make up artist do it?

Hope everyone has an amazing day!

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 5,079 Member
    Good morning, so happy to have the start date of 8 of april 23 for the spring challenge I have all the info on a sticky note on my calandar !! lol I dont' have much time this morning, but I'll post these pictures I took yesterday. Enjoy !! And thank you !! They are unedited!!

6kds5sc439sf.png
    56cvunndporh.png
    bje1ltso7q96.png
  • macrat12
    sg6ewnpmutiv.jpg Hope everyone is crushing the day and I'll be back later to do personals.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,286 Member
    good afternoon everyone1 it is a beautiful sunny and cool day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i did some laundry today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.