Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,731 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. it is laundry day for me today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I hope you all are enjoying the day and doing something you love to do or close to it. Gene and I did a walmart run and I got things cheaper there then Safeway and since he will be away next week I got things that will last the week. Anything else, like meat, I can get at T&T which is just a busride away. And if the weather is nice, I can walk home with my lil cart.
    @Tabatha_Cain - our provincial taxes and federal taxes all go to one place, CRA and then they send it where it has to go .. property taxes are different and each city/town/township have their own way of how they are paid. Now that my credit union is closing down I will have to learn to do etransfer to my son for paying my share of bills and rent. Not happy about that but I can also do a cheque if need be. Problem with that is he takes forever to deposit it lol.
    @NovemberGail thank you thank you for the Billie story yes I love hearing about Billie and her adventures! What a charactor indeed !! Loved all the same.
    @everyone, have a wonderful day and enjoy your activities what ever they may be!
    0jz8seq434ir.gif
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Last night didn't get much sleep. Was able to walk with minimal pain this morning but it just kept getting worse. Didn't go to TOPS which also means no weigh-in. Will try to weigh on Saturday but will have to see if I can stand on the scale. Was in emerge for 6 hrs to find out the good and bad news. Good news......no broken bones. Bad news.....bad sprain. Not sure I should use crutches with whatever the shoulder issue is. Referred to physio for my ankle but can't get in till May 12. Also physio won't do more than one body part at a time so have to chose between shoulder and ankle. I think I will be choosing my ankle first and just do the exercises the doctor gave me for now. Can't do all of them as I can't put full weight on my right foot. Talk about making it complicated. If anyone has done physio for there ankle and can suggest some exercises I might be able to do please share. I don't want to wait to be moving it until then. Dentist appointment was cancelled until further notice and getting my ultrasound and x-rays on my shoulder tomorrow.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 Oh Connie so sorry to hear you have a sprained ankle, I hear it can be as bad if not worse then a broken one. I did a google search, you might try this site - it suggests you should rest the ankle first and ice every few hours - https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/sprained-ankle-exercises#exercises
    You may be laid up for a bit but May is not that far away now - hopefully PT can give you some good exercises to do to strengthen the ankle soon.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,158 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP You are absolutely correct about finding beautiful treasures when you open your eyes and actually look at your surroundings. You sure did find some pretty ones.
    @NovemberGail You should write a book. "The Adventures of Billie" could become a best seller.
    @Tabatha_Cain Grocery pick up is great for the most part but there are a few drawbacks. I can either add my preferred substitution or allow them to pick for each item separately. I can also refuse any substitutions that they make and I don't want. Glad you are relaxing a bit and enjoying the wedding experience more. It should be a very happy time, not stressful.
    @CSEGUIN2 Sorry to hear the ankle was worse today and it is sprained. It will be difficult to manage with both the shoulder and ankle injuries at the same time so hopefully you can rest them and find exercises to help.

p6wgvp5pxsf0.jpeg
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2: That is a bummer to have hurt both the shoulder and the ankle. Sorry you have to go through this.

@Catwmncat: I have to think about the book. If God had only given Billie thumbs, she could probably write a better book. Today she found a couple of small critters. Soon we aren't going to be seeing rabbits. She also tried to chase down a red car. Thought of you when I saw this meme:

aydpp1u6k9rj.jpeg

@Tabatha_Cain: Just two months away! Treasure each day. There is so much joy in anticipation.

Tomorrow's word is STRENGTH

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I work both jobs and I am not going to be happy about it like usual because I am already so darn tired. I really am. But I know right now we need the money for the wedding fund. I have so much I have to continue to pay for for the wedding.

@LindieMaeP - That is tough with your bank closing. Maybe you will have to find a different bank or use cash app or venmo to get him the money. That is going to be really hard to figure out. We stopped going to Walmart. Joe likes Meijer better and if we are honest I do too. The aisles are always stocked and you don't have trouble finding someone for help.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I am sorry you had to cancel your dentist appt. Joe has a dentist appt today. He broke a tooth a while back and it is just now starting to cause him trouble. So we are getting it looked at. I am sorry Physio will only help with one ailment at a time. I hope someone has some exercises to help you.
    @Catwmncat - We did have a few substitutes. It was not so bad, but I was not happy with the bananas they chose for us. They were older bananas and we need them to last all week.
    @NovemberGail - Yes there is so much joy. I am so happy about getting married to Joe.

Well it is time to get some breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,572 Member
    Options
    It’s 44 feels like 42 with a high of 66 today. Insight Timer Quote: Forever is composed of nows.—Emily Dickinson I AM: I can be a leader in my own way. Axe Sharpening: Never doubt yourself and what you can do.—Tony Sentmanat 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes. Fitness Quote: Do not make it your goal to be fit. Make it your goal to be disciplined and being fit will follow.—Courtesy of Fitness Quotes App. Motivational Quote: The Universe doesn’t make mistakes. Everything you’re experiencing, good and bad, is taking you where you’re meant to be.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,514 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 57/305 mile a day and 8 Week Strength-Advanced Cardio/Stretching in the gym after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful, mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run really early this morning and i really enjoyed it. i did my strength training workout later on in the morning. i will be going for a walk in a while. i will be doing some dancing later on. i did get my laundry done yesterday and i am all caught up. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all, hope your day is going well. We did our grocery shopping this morning and got home just in time before our thunder storm and rain started. It's a dreary day. I have been in a slump and don't really now why. Just have no motivation. I will am working to get out of this whatever it is.

@Tabatha_Cain the next 60 days will go fast, very excited for you, can't wait to see your wedding pictures.
    @Catwmncat - never did the instant cart or delivery, or pick up at grocery store. Had a few friends you have, some liked some didn't. I am picky. I don't want someone picking my vegetables or meat out. Canned items, packaged, or frozen I might not mind.
    @cormierannie - hi back to your daughter and budgie birds. Hope you all are doing well also.
    @CSEGUIN2- sorry about your injuries, hope you find relief soon.

Today's affirmation: I am me, I am unique, I am magnificent. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thank you all for your support and advice. I did some research as I remembered reading something in a book about an ankle sprain. What I found cam from a respectable health site. Starting rehab within the first 72 hrs is important. It also had some exercises to do. I did some before bed as well as followed doctors instructions for icing and elevation. This morning it felt much better. Lucky since I had to do a bit of walking with crutches today. Waiting for results for my shoulder and got my taxes sorted out and done. Also completed my Son's taxes for him. Tonight my toes feel stiff so working on wiggling them on and off.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, all!

@CSEGUIN2: Glad you are taking such good care of your ankle. You are going to be on your feet in no time.

@Kurtize: We can use the rain this way. Some of the forsythia bushes are looking like they are wilting.

Tomorrow's words are the three C's: Change, Courage, Confidence

snkop7amkr03.jpeg
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,158 Member
    Options
    6hh4d9axfz1t.gif
    @NovemberGail I'm sure Billie has had a few adventures that she hasn't shared with you so she could probably add to the book. The cat's expression before coffee is almost identical to mine lately. I have been drinking herbal tea in the morning and have not had coffee until fairly late in the day for almost 2 yrs, but lately I have to have it as soon as I get up. I didn't mean it as a challenge either.
    @Kurtize My motivation got up and left with yours so if you can send mine back this way I'd appreciate it. I wasn't fond of letting someone else pick out my meat and fresh items but when Covid lockdowns hit it was pretty much a do or die situation so I have adjusted and learned to be not as picky.
    @Tabatha_Cain Hope your day went well and you found a burst of energy. It stinks when they pick ripe or overripe fruit...I usually freeze them and put them to good use later.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    5bu5bt64jcjq.jpg
    Have a peaceful night all!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a good day. Things are going to get done and I am not going to eat a lot. I am going to use my sure will power to not eat anything no matter what if it is not in my meal plan. I am going to get this weight off before the wedding. I know I can do it.

@Kurtize - I have been in a slump as well. I just cannot seem to get out of it. The time is going by so fast. I am hoping we can get it all done before the wedding.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I am glad that you did your research. I think it will really help. I hope your ankle heals well.
    @Catwmncat - I hope I get some good energy today. They gave us bananas with a bunch of bruises on them. It stinks. I am not a big fan of the bruising. Joe will eat them regardless but I don't like it.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,572 Member
    Options
    It’s 53 feels like 51 with a high of 59 and chance of rain today. Insight Timer Quote: Reality is created by the mind; we can change our reality by changing our mind.—Plato I AM: I welcome all of the ways the universe wants to bless me. Axe Sharpening: The time to do your best is right now. Do it.—Derek Weida 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action of Happiness: Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil. Fitness Quote: Friends don’t let friends, Not exercise!—fb.co/jenddelvaux Motivational Quote: Smile for yourself and for others, you never know who you might be lifting up with a small expression of joy.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,143 steps yesterday. Training plan Day 58/305 this morning then 8 Week Strength-Advanced Overhead Press in the gym after work.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! there is only one working elevator at my building this week, so it has been challenging whenever i had to do my laundry or to do my grocery shopping. so, if i do not need to use my shopping cart, i slowly take the stairs down five flights to the first floor. it takes me quite a while to do this. i do take the elevator back up to my floor once i am back from my outing, no matter how long i have to wait for it. i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! I will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday. Trying to get my mojo working, not being too successful, but the day isn't over yet. Wising you all a great rest of the day. Hugs and blessings.

5pqe6j6r6c88.png