Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,731 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful, mild and sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago to drop off some extra clothes to the clothing drop box near my place. i like to help out others whenever i can. i will be doing some dancing later on. the toronto maple leafs hockey team has a game tonight and i will be definitely watching it. after lunch, i am heading to the waterfront area here so i can be near the water and see a bit of lake ontario, have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    b2m5ozrayrfj.png
    oboml6pre2y7.jpeg
    6tvm4f9oyd55.jpeg
    Good morning everyone, I wanted to share some pictures, the first one is a sunset picture of Lake St Clair - Canadian side - my daughter took this last night - seems the forrest fire smoke is creating fabulous sunsets!! Of course we would rather not have forrest fires...
    @Tabatha_Cain enjoy your weekend this weekend, nice for you and Joe to have a full day together !
    @ginnaboots my Ipad is from 2017 but I keep the updates going, not sure what I will do if it ever stops but so far so good. I do tend to blow through keyboards and the mouse as well as I do not like the laptop keyboard and mouse so I have wireless that works great for me. The letter has warn off some of the keys but it keeps going and that works for me!
    Well I gotta bust a move here and get things done - have a wonderful Friday - woohoooo it's the weekend !!!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Good afternoon, went grocery shopping, stopped by the computer place (with computer), my new keyboard, doesn't work, its broken. This guy is probably thinking what a dump bunny old lady. LOL. The reason being older keyboard (this is so embarrassing) had batteries in backwards. Needless to say computer working well.

Have a great rest of the day. Our daughter cam over to give me my mother's day present. We had a nice lunch together too.

My gift for yard.
    du8xpx12kpxu.jpg
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,658 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP the picture of the sky is gorgeous. The plants are pretty. Are they yours?
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @jeanhickokhaley1 no, the plants are a neighbours, I had to take the picture through the slots of the gates ... but I think I did pretty good eh! Thank you on behalf of the neighbour!!
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    Options
    @LindieMaeP you did a great job. I will have to post a picture of our neighbor's front yard. They live across the street. Talk about a beautiful yard.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are having a good morning. Today is going to be a good day. We have to go to my mom's this morning to help her find a dress for the wedding and then we have to get Joe's oil changed and then we are going to lunch with a friend. His husband is in Germany and has been since January so he is pretty lonely. We decided to get with him and hang out. He is also borrowing Joe's parents Rototiller to start his garden back up this year. He has a great garden every year.

@ginnaboots - I hope you can get the ipad to update. That doesn't mean you still don't need a new one but maybe it will last a little longer for you. Allergies seem to be a whole new level of evil right now where we are at. Joe is having a hard time with them sometimes despite the medicine he is taking for them.
    @cormierannie - That sounds like a beautiful day. I would love to be near some water today
    @LindieMaeP - It is nice that you have a full day together. Those are some beautiful photos.
    @Kurtize - That is ok that you did not realize there were batteries in it. I have done that a time or 2. That does happen. That is a really cute lawn art piece.

Well it is time to go do some exercising. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,572 Member
    Options
    It’s 64 feels like 64 with a high of 84 today. Insight Timer Quote: It’s a form of human love to accept our complicated, messy humanity and nit run away from it.—Martha Nussbaum I AM: I train my mind to stay calm and happy. Axe Sharpening: Motivation won’t do the work for you.—Stephanie Lawler 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Find out about the values or traditions of another culture. Fitness Quote: Work Harder. Eat Better. Run Faster. Feel Stronger.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: You’ll find your strength when you stop looking outside of yourself for it.—unknown Motiverse: Approached by someone who wants to achieve a specific dream, many of us offer simple advice: think positive.—Gabriele Oettingen Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,971 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 74/305 mile a day and 8 Week Strength-Advanced Active Rest Day after breakfast.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Words for today: Openness and Truth

noicel7zl4fu.jpg

Sorry I have been MIA. I'm playing hooky this morning and catching up.

This is what's been going on. Tabatha, the new computer isn't mine. I am like the IT person for the main house where there are four computers are a network. I coordinate who comes in to fix what problem. Occasionally, I can figure out some of the difficulties. I dread the day when I will need a new computer. I love my Apple and have a hard time with Windows -- especially every time they have a new version.

The day before I needed to get to some yard work. Two of the sisters cut down a cedar. My job is to remove all the boughs. Five mule loads and the job was done. It was a great work out and then I had time to get to some Japanese honeysuckle that was invading a plot of land. That ended up to be another mule load.

Yesterday, I spent the morning with my niece at her school. She is a kindergarten teacher and wanted them to meet a Catholic sister. They still have no clue. 🤭. My lesson plan was simple. I just wanted them to know that no matter what, God loves them. I asked them to tell me ways in which they love others and how they want to receive love from others. They were remarkable. As my prop, I used Cheerios with the hearts mixed in with the round oats. After about 30 minutes, I drove off and spent time with my sister and her other daughter. My friend, Ann, adopted me when we both were in college together. I have been so blessed.

Sorry I'm not responding to all the posts but I do need to get going.

Sending my love to all and wishing you a wonderful weekend.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Saturday and Mother's Day weekend. Hugs all
    q3ntqfiemeq6.png
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    ymeklu22m921.jpg
    Good afternoon everyone, it's a heat wave here for my area. Went out at 9:30 and was home by 11:00 am - I was drenched in sweat so came home and now chillin' Did go out with Gene to Superstore - told him if he did not use the a/c in his car I was NOT going. 85.00 later the little cart was full and we was headed home. The flowers are at Superstore ready for purchase, only ones I saw today LOL
    @Tabatha_Cain hope you had a good day of it
    @NovemberGail sometimes real life does come first and we have to be brief, love the colour of the flower - yellow is my fav !!
    @everyone have a good evening and stay hydrated if you have heat !!
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @LindieMaeP....My neighbor's yard. I look out my kitchen window and smile.
    qdd57zuakus1.jpg

The flowers you bought are pretty. Good colors!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @jeanhickokhaley1 wow on that garden, I could look at it all day long!! No I never bought them, just took a picture - I have no where to put flowers, no balcony and certainly not with Miss KiKi here - I already have my can't kill plants up on hooks .. lol I have no green thumb at all !! Enjoy that garden for both of us eh !!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is Mother's Day and there is so much to be getting done. We have to go grocery shopping. I have laundry to do. There is church and then there is meeting the DJ later this afternoon. We are going to have a lot of stuff to get done. I am nervous about meeting the DJ. We still have to come up with a song for the unity candle lighting. Not sure about that. I keep asking Joe and he doesn't say anything either way.

@NovemberGail - That is nice. At least you are able to trouble shoot some problems. That is a lot of yard work you are doing. It is nice that your niece wanted you to talk to her class.
    @LindieMaeP - It was still a bit chilly here so we did not need the a/c. It was nice with just the windows down.
    @jeanhickokhaley1 - That is a beautiful view. I could look at that every morning. Although I am sure it is a lot of work to maintain.

Well it is time for me to get some food. I hope you all have a great day

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,572 Member
    Options
    It’s 66 feels like 66 with a high of 81 today. Insight Timer Quote: A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.—Marion C. Garretty I AM: I allow gratitude to enhance my life. Axe Sharpening: Action creates momentum, momentum creates motivation.—Derek Weida 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Get outside and notice the beauty in nature. Fitness Quote: Looking good is secondary. Having a healthy relationship with your body should be your priority.—gymaholic Motivational Quote: Mistakes are proof that you are trying.—unknown Motiverse: I want to reach my potential, impact my world, and leave a legacy.—Seth Buechley Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,724 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 75/305 mile a day after breakfast and 6 sets of 5 ring pulls to work on my 90 day goal of doing 5 unassisted pull-ups.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. happy mother's day to all moms. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i celebrated mother's day yesterday with my daughter and my parents. then one of my good friends treated me to an early mother's day dinner afterwards. today i am just taking it easy and relaxing. i did get a short run in early this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day
    20h0c1nixf8h.png
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon