frankwbrown Posts: 12,456 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 4/23: 13,723
    Mon 4/24: 12,221
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I have been doing some more garden work today, ughh. I decided to order some more plants from a different website. I was kinda sad that the previous order had some things out of stock and I really just want this part of the garden done and ready for summer and the bees and butterflies. I am not sure yet when I will get the plants, they said between 2 and 7 workdays and it is pretty busy now. I don't mind that it will take a few days because as you can see, I need to tidy up this whole area first. The middle part is where we ran out of tree bark last year, and it is really obvious how much more weeds you get without it.
    So I made a decent start today with yanking out all the grass. It is slow going and exhausting, but I will be glad to have it done. I still have 2 bags of soil to fill up any holes that are left after pulling all the weeds etc and I also have 5 bags of treebark to spread over the whole area. It is nice that I can do something alone without needing my dad, though my body isn't entirely happy about it.
    e1phmmolrlhq.jpg
    up1bwd35297e.jpg
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl looks good! Lots of rewarding hard work.
    @frankwbrown great steps.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    You’re making such great progress with your yard, @Pupowl. Congratulations!!

Thanks for sharing the photos!

I’m glad you are experiencing such satisfaction doing it on your own despite the hard work! I would find it difficult to feel motivated in my own.

Your body isn’t happy with you now but I’m sure you’re getting stronger. The physical work outdoors is so good for our mental health, too.

Great job!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Excellent walking mileage everyone. I’m getting closer to buying a fitness watch so I hope to join the step challenges in the Fall. I want to build a walking routine but I’ll wait until after the hot summer. I don’t want to hate it until I’ve built the habit and it won’t feel right to skip.

Great work @Pedal_power, @frankwbrown, and all the ShapeShifter step challenge participants!

I’m going to picture @frankwbrown walking over 10,000 steps a day Tai Chi style 😉!

I enjoyed the video and learned some good lessons about distribution of weight. Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,074 Member
    Options
    Hi SS ...Another new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @dcresider :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,231 Member
    Options
    6w9glkm1r9eo.jpg

Welcome to the team @vicky2767, @Cyncia85 and @dcresider ! Glad you found us! As @pupowl said, please go back and read the FAQ on pg 1 of this thread and I'm sure it will answer many of your questions. Anything else, just ask. We're here to help!

On behalf of both of your Captains and our Motivator @PatriceFitnessPal, we welcome you. I think you'll find our caring little support team to be a great wealth of information and inspiration.

Take a few minutes and introduce yourselves and let us know some of your goals for May and beyond!

Good luck in May!
    Jessica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi SS...Another new member joining your team for May ...Please welcome @Itadakimasu7 :)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,456 Member
    Options
    Excellent walking mileage everyone. I’m getting closer to buying a fitness watch so I hope to join the step challenges in the Fall. I want to build a walking routine but I’ll wait until after the hot summer. I don’t want to hate it until I’ve built the habit and it won’t feel right to skip.

Great work @Pedal_power, @frankwbrown, and all the ShapeShifter step challenge participants!

I’m going to picture @frankwbrown walking over 10,000 steps a day Tai Chi style 😉!

I enjoyed the video and learned some good lessons about distribution of weight. Thanks!

lol
    I will be doing some of that, but alas it won't contribute to my 10,000 steps. Perhaps other fitness trackers might count those steps, but my Garmin watch is very picky about what it considers a step. Slow movement just doesn't register, and slow movement is the whole point of tai chi (at least in the Yang style which is what I practice).
    It used to annoy me, but at this point I'm resigned to seeing no or very low step counts during my tai chi sessions, yoga sessions, swimming and cycling. The first two, it's the slow movements, the latter two, I guess my watch doesn't think I can step and ride, or step and swim, at the same time! 🤔

But the benefits of those activities are real, and I'm totally satisfied with that. grumble, grumble 😤😂
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members! There is a lot of information coming at you when we start a new month but we don’t expect you to remember everything. Feel free to post any questions you have here and somebody will get back to you with an answer. You can also send me a friend request if you prefer to interact more directly.

Glad you’re here!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member joining your team for May ...Please welcome @Sbus12 :)
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Today, I was leading a group session about alleviating some of the stress that comes with end-of-year statewide assessments. The staff and students are all feeling it — and so are the graduate students we work with from the masters and doctoral programs.

I showed a portion of the video below, How to Make Stress Your Friend, which led to some good conversation and ideas we can put into practice. So, I thought I’d share it with our group in case anyone is interested. The full video is 15 minutes long but the first 7 minutes convey good points so I think even half the time is well spent. Here’s a link to the TED talk:

https://youtu.be/RcGyVTAoXEU
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    TexanMom8152
    Weigh Day Tuesday
    PW 213.2
    CW 212

Welcome to all of the new members
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @CasandraW Thanks!
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thank you! I also find it hard to be motivated. That is why I ordered the plants already, before I had even started clearing the area. It has come to bite me in the butt a little bit because I got an email that they will be here this morning!!! In like 2,5 hours! I had a good sleep and I just finished some more work in the garden. I think I will just leave the plants in their pots today and put them in the ground tomorrow. Otherwise it will be way too much. We also get a lot of rain on Friday, so the timing will be nice. Though I really wasn't expecting to get the plants this quick. Oh well...

• Pupowl
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7
    Welcome and thank you for the nice introduction! Another crazy cat lady. :smiley: It sounds like you live in a lovely area, I love the woods. If you ever want to share your art or pictures, I am sure we would all love to see them. Good luck on your journey.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Here is the card for today. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
    qx4c6ofx1izl.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    A little update on the garden. I still need to tidy up a lot along the fence, but I have enough space for the new plants. Those aren't the spots they will be in, just wanted to get them out of the box because it is going to rain. The tiny tree is a viburnum called Tinus! How fun is that (my cat is called Tinus if you didn't know yet). I might do some more weeding today, put in plants tomorrow and then hopefully I can show what it looks like when it is finished. Besides the tinus plant, I also got oregano, eryngo, globe thistles, goldenrods and 3 different colors of coneflowers.
    9isdglzfi9nm.jpg
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @ Itadakimasu7 nice to meet you! I’ll be starting on this journey with you. I just have to say-I love your humor—that you’re almost at the level of knowing your doctor’s hobbies and dog’s name. Here we go, on this journey! Looking forward to meeting goals!
This discussion has been closed.