Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,227 Member
    Options
    Wow @Pupowl that WAS a lot of work...looks amazing. Glad to see Tinus was Supervising again! Your yard looks great! Get some rest!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    mi33d1zrptlm.jpg
    We're missing 6 weigh-ins from this past week (incl today):
    @alleykat69
    @Armygirlarmyof1
    @eahrenee
    @TexanMom8152
    @kcpond
    @reshii_devi
    @Jlswensen

Stats begin at day break tomorrow, so please respond ASAP! Thanks! Hope you're having a great Saturday!

Steppers, believe it or not, there are walkers who haven't reported steps in Weeks 1, 2 or 3 this month...PLEASE REPORT YOUR STEPS and then commit to reporting in every 2-3 days! Thanks!

Jessica
  • Jlswensen
    Jlswensen Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Jlswensen
    Weigh Day Saturday
    PW 221.2
    CW 220.8
    :(
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Jlswensen wrote: »
    Jlswensen
    Weigh Day Saturday
    PW 221.2
    CW 220.8
    :(

@Jlswensen I had your last week's weigh-in (PW) as 220.3, was that incorrect? The one before that was 220.8. Please let me know, but I recorded your current weight.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2023
    Options
    The April Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, April 23rd. Please join us for the
    1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 Challenge
    . Bring your creativity and let's build a plan for your week. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889157/april-week-4-group-challenge-1-2-3-4-5-challenge#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/17 4,520
    4/18 4,981
    4/19 2,682
    4/20 3,900
    4/21 6,796
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Low steps this week- weather has been cold , snow, wind & again today snow with highs in 40s today/tomorrow - so over it
    Spent Thursday/Friday looking at assisted living facilities with my dad and my brother who traveled in from Hawaii
    Today - spent over 5 hours at my parents house cleaning with my brother - thank goodness my oldest son and his wife came to help too
    Looking to put it up for sale in the next 6 mos, but still alot to do - my brother and me are both emotionally and mentally exhausted 😩
    He's coming back in May - will work on it again
    In the meantime, a new yoga studio opened 5 min from my house located in the same space where my barre studio was- so did that yesterday and today
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @angmarie , I'm sorry you're going through all of this. My question is: does your son have an iep? I have a brother who falls into the moderate to severe autism spectrum scale. He's very verbal but too much stimulation, even at his age of 40, can still create meltdowns and hide hitting and kicking.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    Weighing normally are Mondays but I forgot to post yesterday.
    Cw 228.6
    Pw 221.0

It's been a crazy week here. Work especially. We've had so many donations that the area we store new donations in for sorting was brimming to the point that we can't turn around in there.

Neck is feeling way better but some soreness.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,777 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the daily card. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    c9gsosrgm60q.jpg
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I have a question that maybe someone in the US can help me with.
    When I'm in Orlando where am I best to get groceries? I'm looking for inexpensive but decent quality. There is a Costco, Aldi, Walmart, Target and Publix near by.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    Akdi, target and Costco @cassandraw
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    I have a question that maybe someone in the US can help me with.
    When I'm in Orlando where am I best to get groceries? I'm looking for inexpensive but decent quality. There is a Costco, Aldi, Walmart, Target and Publix near by.

Cost wise, I'd say Walmart is the best and you'll see all the name brands you're used to seeing. Costco is a good option if you have a membership...it's like Sam's Club so you need an annual membership. Aldi has cheap prices but weird brands. Enjoy your trip!

Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,443 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 4/21: 4,093
    Sat 4/22: 15,361

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    d73n9q938jlp.png
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,352 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »

Any of those stores will be fine, except Costco, which is considered a big wholesaler that requires a membership that many people buy because the bulk shopping can save them a lot of money. We used to shop there for big school events but I don’t have a membership so I haven’t been there in awhile.

I think Publix is considered the highest quality and also the highest price. Walmart and Target are both large stores that carry all kinds of items, including reasonably priced groceries.

Aldi has the cheapest prices, and sells quality food, but the shopping experience is a little different than most grocery stores, in my opinion. I live about 300 feet from an Aldi so I shop there regularly for all the basics, but it was a bit of a culture shock when our local Giant brand store switched to the German company Aldi. The shopping cart requires a quarter - 25 cent coin - to use, which you get back after you return the cart. Usually, I just bring my own reusable shopping bags and use them to carry my items through the store until I check out and fill them up again after paying.

The food is not displayed in an appealing way; it’s just put on the shelves in the boxes or cardboard trays, but I prefer the simplicity. You can always use one of the boxes if you forget to bring your own bag and don’t want to buy one. Anyway, it’s no frills but you can find most staples. Personally, I like the fact that the store is not huge because I don’t like making a million choices while shopping. Our Aldi doesn’t have a deli section, and I tend to buy some fresh sliced sandwich meats when traveling to the beach, etc. - but they sell those packaged and it could be just the small store near our house that doesn’t have a bakery or deli.

Whatever is most convenient to where you’re staying will likely work for you depending on what you need, etc.
  • Jlswensen
    Jlswensen Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 -

Thanks for the catch - I just forgot to update the PW section before copying.

March 31 - 221.8
    April 1 - 221.3
    April 8 - 220.8
    April 15 - 220.3
    April 22 - 221.2
This discussion has been closed.