• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
  • reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 531 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Thanks @Pupowl , I will!

I'm late to the party @SavageMrsMoose :D just learning about the challenge, but I like the transformation structure for mind and body. 30 days makes it more approachable. Let us know if you try it too!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,456 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 3/31: 10,392
    Sat 4/1: 14,457
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

a5edh53kjb0u.png
    fi1nwrowwwd0.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    6m8jzd00b8c4.png

By Pounds
    b3wb0a5p1lfy.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    5cqtakuqh0j5.png

By Pounds
    ra4md2sr5wra.png
    gep8me0oe94e.png

Team Winners
    yw8anrau5qc7.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

4p83da84msuz.png
    0b8f66f6pkjd.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    q6mm0hfuldwb.png

By Pounds
    e4sr01n5b5uv.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    nx7aaddiypeh.png

By Pounds
    sp8dojhb8fy2.png
    x2ipigqrjngn.png
    ife1ylw3eshf.png

Team Winners
    ar2m8fxo5k4l.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,231 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    btuczc18haan.jpg
    CONGRATS to all of the winners, honorable mentions and to those "in the green" for the whole month of March! Great efforts by all...also CONGRATS to the Shape Shifter team for third place in Week 5!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Welcome @reshii_devi and @mikilana23!

I’m Patrice, a 57 year old woman from the USA trying to get back in shape now that my sons are adults (ages 21 & 22) and they spend most of their time away at school. They live near their campus— one in South Carolina (Clemson University) and one in Massachusetts (Boston College).

My husband and I live in Alexandria, Virginia, which is just south of Washington DC and about halfway between Clemson and Boston. We often visit Boston because that’s where we grew up and most of our extended family is still there. I miss the ocean but I spend a lot of time on nearby rivers pursuing my rowing hobby.

In 2015, I signed up for a ‘learn-to-row’ program offered as a fundraiser for my son’s high school crew team. Since then, I’ve been rowing in the 8-person ‘sweep’ boats guided by a coxswain. During COVID, we needed to distance ourselves from one another, so many of us learned sculling. In the single scull, I use two smaller oars and have to steer the boat myself. I’m getting better but still need to improve my technique and strength for both rowing types.

I also play soccer once a week in a co-Ed league and join my husband for a personal trainer session twice a week for 30 minutes. I’m relatively healthy but a recent bone density scan showed osteopenia so I’m trying to add more weight bearing exercises to my workouts.

The nutrition side of the weigh loss equation is what I need to improve most. I’m just under 5’4” tall so I have to keep my calories within the proper range for my short height. Lately, I’ve been exceeding my daily target too often. My goal is to eat more natural food - especially fruit and vegetables - and increase my protein intake. I’d also like to improve my strength and flexibility.

Best wishes in achieving your health goals!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, @Bumbinella! Enjoy! 🎂🥂
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl , Tinus always brightens my day. Ty so much for sharing him with us.

In other news. I'm on the mend from my fall at work last Wednesday. I did see the chiropractor and it did help a lot believe it or not.
  • reshii_devi
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Found the Habits Trackers, thanks! great tool <3
    Diet & Exercise Goals: ✔️✔️
    Water & Tea: 9 cups
    Met Daily 9,000 step goal
    Started reading Atomic Habits instead (30 pgs). From today's reading:
    "If you can get 1 percent better each day for one year, you'll end up thirty-seven times better by the time you're done. Conversely if you get 1 percent worse each day for one year, you'll decline nearly down to zero." Anyone start this year in the negative? ✋🏽
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    @Bumbinella
    Happy Birthday! I hope you have a lovely day and enjoy your cake and champagne. <3

kwehva8ce2m3.png
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the daily card. Happy Monday everyone <3
    2ygaay7n0bck.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1
    No problem, I love showing his silly face! Glad to hear you are feeling better.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @reshii_devi
    I think you put your info in the wrong team tab for the habit tracker. At the bottom, you can see the team tabs. Here is a direct link to the Shape Shifter tab. Hope that helps!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GiSece86YFX-FpML825msLoGH94iuUYpbpecqz00uSE/edit#gid=883245409
  • reshii_devi
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @reshii_devi
    I think you put your info in the wrong team tab for the habit tracker. At the bottom, you can see the team tabs. Here is a direct link to the Shape Shifter tab. Hope that helps!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GiSece86YFX-FpML825msLoGH94iuUYpbpecqz00uSE/edit#gid=883245409

Ok, thanks! Will update shortly
  • reshii_devi
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Bumbinella ~ hope its a great day!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Bumbinella 🥳🎂🍾 have a lovely day & enjoy your cake & champagne
    Cheers !
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 So glad you are feeling well and what a loss! fluid or no, it still must have felt good to see that. The path of tornadoes Friday was basically the path of our drive from Houston to Bloomington, Indiana, where my son is in school. We stop halfway in Little Rock. There was a deadly one about 30 minutes from Bloomington. He says there is another round of storms coming Tuesday?Wednesday. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen. At least with a hurricane, Houston's favorite natural disaster, you get warning. Tornadoes are just so unpredictable.

@Bumbinella Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

@reshii_devi - I will be traveling quite a bit in the next two months so some days I'll be lucky to get in 1 workout, but if I can stay put in June I will try it!

@Pupowl I think it's unanimous, Tinus is adorable. I think he is the Shape Shifter official mascot. I admire you very much for learning Norwegian. I myself find languages extremely difficult. Very impressive.

@PatriceFitnessPal Somewhere back you mentioned you spent 2 weeks in Lilihammer for the Olympics. Maybe the end of the March thread? What an incredible and exciting experience. It must have been amazing. You probably know this, but there is a Netflix series about a gangster who goes into witness protection and goes to Lilihammer because he was obsessed with the Olympics there. It's silly, but funny.

A quiet day for me. The ski hill is officially closed. We may run to town to get to a bank and the Home Depot - a 3 hour round trip drive. Hopefully the weather will hold. It's supposed to start snowing again tomorrow for a few days so I'll be stuck on the treadmill or peloton. I'm just too old to risk a fall. Hope everyone has a great day!
This discussion has been closed.