Replies

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 228.7
    CW 227.6

Well it has finally happened. The scale has moved lol. Sometimes I think I should go get a gastric bypass so I could lose everything faster but then I realize that that isn’t always the solution. So many health issues could arise if you are not careful. I have to remind myself that slow and steady wins the race.
    I have had a good week with no zero days and meeting all my goals. In fact I upped my step goal to 7000 per day I’m hoping to get up to the 10000 stoops by summer. We shall see. I love reading all the posts though I don’t seem to post very much myself lol. All the pics are wonderful. I have a Great Dane and a Havenese for dogs. So very different I know. Lol. I will have to figure out how to post a pic and show you guys them. Today is going to be nice out so I plan to get the groceries done then play in the flowerbeds to get them ready. All my early perennials are up and looking good so I’m already happy with that. Well gonna drink my coffee and jump in the shower so I will say goodbye for now Have a wonderful day guys!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Oh, Darren, I'm so sorry! I hope she's okay.

@Katmary71 Yay! Thanks. Dog beach was awesome! I think my husband must have added cheese when he made it and didn't tell me because it was really cheesy lol. Lack of sleep definitely will make you snacky. I think $20 is a generous amount. I hope you have fun. Aww, Jasper! What a cute pic. I love your deck!

@Jactop Congrats on the loss!

@DrewsAnna that's great about the weaker kitten! Great job with the exercise. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

@AmbersWay Yeah it's not working out to totally skip breakfast but I am just taking snacky things to eat (yogurt, cheese etc.). Thanks re: water...it's a constant struggle! The doggies are doing better getting along and having a good time. I love smoothies but they don't keep me full, but maybe I don't need that fullness and can have a snack later in the morning, thanks for the idea. Oh my gosh! The story about your pups...crazy! I'm glad they made their way back home okay. My manager at work, there is a husky that lives in the neighborhood that gets out all the time and always comes over to their house. She visits for a bit and then they have a leash and they take her for a walk to home. Rinse repeat. It's so cute. Aww, that hamster sounds cute!

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss! I think the same thing about myself. I would love to see your pups. Good luck with the flower beds!

Hi all. I had such a good day off yesterday, I should take more Fridays off lol. Violet absolutely loved dog beach. At first, she kicked up the sand, confused. That was on the sidewalk. Then when we got on the actual beach, she ran, she did zoomies around me in circles, she played with dogs, jumped and had so much fun. It was pure joy and amazing to see a dog's first time on the beach. The weather was perfect: it was a high of 90F here yesterday and on the beach, a bit cooler, maybe 78F? We found a parking spot close to the beach despite it being busy. After this, I came home and made the Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup. It was delicious but not spicy like in a restaurant. I think I will add some chili sauce to my bowl when I have leftovers. But the depth of the flavor in the broth was wonderful.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Didn't snack.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

z0hdu9pn97kj.jpg
    ljdc9dj1ckul.jpg
    zhy287f5h0ae.jpg

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 219.4
    Todays Weight: 219.8
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 258
    CW: 261

:)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    The April Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, April 23rd. Please join us for the
    1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 Challenge
    . Bring your creativity and let's build a plan for your week. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889157/april-week-4-group-challenge-1-2-3-4-5-challenge#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 235
    CW: 235
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Oh no I missed this, I’m so sorry to hear about your wife, is she doing better now? Prayers for all of you, I’d imagine getting rest right now is next to impossible. I hope she’s back home on the mend soon.
    @DrewsAnna You definitely got in a lot of exercise, way to go! Pizza won’t stop goals when this girl is on fire! Happy anniversary to you and your hubby, the Eagles tribute band should be fun.
    @AmbersWay I’m so glad those videos are working out for you, I tended to cuss through them too! What are you planning to do with the chili peppers? Haha I was thinking “oh no Texas Roadhouse” but sounds like you do a healthier version, honestly it can be healthy I just think of those sweet potatoes and the rolls! How funny about your dogs, I wasn’t sure where that was going and picturing them it’s hard not to laugh! Aw, the hamster sounds adorable, I hope you have a great time with him.

@micaroo4 If Jasper really starts fighting hard he probably could, it was close a couple years ago when the garage door scared him which is why I stopped taking him out. I need to figure out how to tighten it, I got the smallest size and he’s 10lbs but the harness is hard to tighten. He’s very into wanting approval and he’s very vocal so I can usually tell if he’s getting nervous, I think it’s ok on the deck but I wouldn’t go out front with him. That’s worrisome we’ve both had issues.

@tammymccrady6278 It’s wonderful when the scale moves like it’s SUPPOSED to, congratulations! I’d love to see your pups, to attach pictures it’s the fourth icon from the right under “leave a comment” on the post then you select “choose file”. The annoying thing is you can only add them on the website and not through the phone at least not with an Android, I email them to myself, download on the laptop, then when I come on at night through the website I’ll load them. I’d love to see your garden too if you’re up for sharing!

@trooworld Thank you! LOL Violet sounds like she had a blast, how fun that must’ve been to see her loving life! The excitement and joy in her just radiates in those photos, I definitely think you made the right choice adopting her. Oh that soup looks delicious!

Hi team, hope everyone had a great Saturday! I lifted weights and stretched the headed to the farm for a couple hours, I’d asked to put in seedlings but I’d ran into the cat’s scratching post I’d put in front of my mattress and cut my toe pretty bad so the moving a lot was a challenge which it already is anyway. I went to the farmer’s market then back here and ate then put in about 20 tomatoes, tomorrow’s the other half and hopefully peppers then I have a bunch of stuff to find homes for. I spilled water on my laptop and the keyboard isn’t working so my feed friends will mostly be getting likes for now but wanted to come on here and post so I’m on my desktop, hopefully it will dry off and work tomorrow. Have a wonderful Sunday! Just screenshot my goals for the week for the challenge and I’m ready for a great week. I couldn't sleep last night but instead of making something I had an apple, figure if it's at least healthy it's not many calories it's not screwing up my goals.

No Zero Days
    - Great water/tea
    - Healthy food under calories
    - Leg and ab weights, stretching, farm/gardening
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 172.5
    CW: 172.5
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I won't be able to weigh in this week.
    My wife had to go to the ER twice this week and I'm exhausted. I've tried to monitor my food but my rest is terrible.

I hope she is doing better!
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hey Slim peeps!

CONGRATULATIONS to all that have lost this week!
    For the rest of us today is a new day to try again.

Sorry for not keeping up here for the last few weeks. Be having it rough, I think the weather is getting the best of me. I feel swollen and hurt from head to toe.

@19shmoo69 I hope your wife is doing better.

@DrewsAnna So glad to see No Cancer. I to signed up for Dance Grooves. Have not used it yet but with it raining this morning I'm thinking today might be a good day to get in my workout room and try it out. Congrats on the new babies.

@trooworld puppy pics are so cute. Violet is such a cutie!

@shaunair83 That had to be so scary! I am glad you are ok!

@vegan4lyfe2012 CONGRATULATIONS

This is going to be short. I have been trying to get things together for a yard sale the first weekend in May. It's a lot of work. Can't wait to get all this stuff out of my house. I have also be trying to figure out how to take all the 8x10 and 5x7 photos and put into frames to hang around the house. I figure what's the since in having them if you are not going to put them out to see them. I did not realize how many I had. I hope I have enough wall space.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Oh it was the best! She was definitely in her happy place lol. Thank you. And yes, the soup was delicious! Ouch about your toe! Great no zeros!

Hi all. I'm enjoying the nice weather we are having, we went out for a beer after my work event yesterday and sat and people watched. This morning, we are taking the dogs on a nice walk. Have a great Sunday!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Only ate half my sandwich at lunch, didn't snack.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 224.2
    CW 218.6

Hallelujah!
    Something was out of whack somewhere! Hopefully it was the last weigh in and not this one. I’ve done better this week with a few oopsies but it’s a start (again).
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

3f1uyo34lubx.png
    rsqkh0lfs2ev.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    0432j6cmpwt2.png

By Pounds
    r9wmzqmzs8aq.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8p6rbu18aqtw.png

By Pounds
    anxydpdg7hi8.png
    buveyfwyg2xc.png

Team Winners
    uskbvlaf32j5.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 I hope you feel better, both having rain and needing to get stuff together for the sale must be exhausting right now.

@trooworld Have a great walk! I’m loving this weather too!

@sleepygirl79 Way to go!

@19shmoo69 @shaunarlr83 @broncobuddee Way to go week winners, you did wonderful!

@19shmoo69 Wow I’m sorry to hear about your wife, making nutrition and exercise changes is a smart idea. I know it will be a lot easier for you if you aren’t doing it alone too so hopefully she’ll make a full recovery and stop having symptoms and you’ll all be healthier.

Hi Slimpossibles, can’t believe this month is almost over! I did chair cardio/arm and ab weights and stretching then Lowe’s pickup and Trader Joe’s and gardened most the day. Most of the tomatoes are in and mulched, that was my goal for the weekend but I’m totally wiped out. Frustrating to have a boyfriend in spring but not be able to take advantage of it when trying to get potting mix from my car to the yard! Even if he was here I wouldn’t ask him since he’s still recovering but that was in my have a boyfriend pros and cons list and it was the first pro, haha! My last boyfriend was such a whiner I didn’t want to ask him anyway. Between my seated walker and the hand truck I’m doing pretty good at not hurting myself getting it from the trunk to the yard, just tired. I shared my Jasper tomatoes and a few more with a new neighbor who also has a Jasper but he came up with JazzPurr which I’m jealous of since I didn’t think of it. Let’s have a wonderful last week of April, summer here we come!

No Zero Days
    - Healthy food under calories (did have a snack that wasn’t fruit last night but still wasn’t over)
    - Great water
    - Chair cardio/weights, stretching, gardening
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Sunday April 23
    Megnolia82

CW: 219.2

I saw this post from earlier this week and it truly speaks to me. At the moment I’m in the minute by minute category. It’s not easy. I’m sure many of you are here from time to time. I’m really hoping it doesn’t last forever.
    trooworld wrote: »
    This is something I really believe in:

bbkek1y7dfbu.png

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Sunday
    PW: 200.8
    CW: 202

😕 Still here, had way too many bready (for me) carbs and here’s the result. Ugh! Trying to get back on my wagon.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I pray your wife is feeling better and the changes she needs will be easy for her and for you. Also congrats on leaderboard this week.

@megnolia82 i think we all probably find ourselves doing min to min. I know I have. I hope you’re feeling better.

@Katmary71 oh I like your pro list of soil carrying. I’m so there. 😂 as for the chili’s so far they just been in a bowl with the tomatoes and became snacks. A miracle has happened and figs are popping up now too. I didn’t think those would come so soon. Texas Roadhouse is one of my faves, i ask for dressing on the side and have a salad with less than half the dressing, a bit of steak and take the rest home for 2 other meals. I slice it up for my omelette in the morning and the rest I use the rolls to make a sandwich for which ever kid is up with me. I skip the rolls, I love the smell and leave it at that.

@trooworld oh the fun of people watching. I love it. To imagine what their life is like. I know mines a circus so I imagine everyone else’s must be as goofy. 😂 The Taiwanese noodle soup looks amazing! So glad your doggies are doing well. Mine have been on the straight and narrow. I struggle with them and the gates to my house. We wait for them to close (electronic) but sometimes someone doesn’t wait long enough or one of the smaller gates doesn’t lock and poof doggies on the run. I don’t want to look them up, they’re big dogs and need to run the property. My neighbor has trained his to never leave the gate even if it’s opened. I need him to train mine. My girls are like old women on a Sunday visit. Their best trick is letting themselves in the house by the door handles.

Congratulations @shaunarlr83 and @broncobuddee for making the leaderboard and @19shmoo69

———

I haven’t posted my no zeros for a bit. I’ve been struggling.

-Regular strength workouts. I started with 2 lb weights. It was hilarious but with reps my arms got tired. I’m up to 10lbs now and I get all wiggly and burning by the end.

-Cycling is almost daily. Took a couple days off for a break.

-Organizing is still happening at a turtles pace.

-For fun, I am starting monthly game night back at my house this week. For mental health (everyone needs a laugh) and to get the community together more. I need game ideas 💡

Still working on..
    My water drinking and logging it.

Lately, my me time has been slacking which I see has an effect on how I feel.

Oh and anyone feel like a pep talk (self) roller coaster?? I’ve been on this ride for a couple weeks. 😝
  • rodgerd27
    rodgerd27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Username: rodgerd27
    Weigh in day: Monday
    SW: 106.0kg
    PW: 104.3kg
    CW: 104.0kg
    GW: 95.0kg
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - I hope no more mini strokes and trips to the hospital. Here's a {{HUGGG}} for each of you. Will be thinking of you both.

@AmbersWay - Guess it depends on what games you like-- Sequence and Rummikub are favorites with my fam.

Just time for a quick pop in. Been cleaning like a mad woman. Sister in law and husband arrive on Friday for a visit. Daughter is on the outs with her roommate and decided to move home. Will be a busy couple of weeks. I will need to stay strong as I don't entirely have my act together and these types of things could make me throw everything out the window all together. I still want to get under 170 asap, so I need to keep that in mind at all times.

Have a great week!

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.