Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 what a cute granddaughter! Congrats Grammy!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Congrats Grammy! I'm so happy for you!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Slim Possibles house of fun @Mariamamjad , @Bemybestby60 and @PaulyJoMomma !

-Mica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining your marvelous team ... Please welcome @pajerwatson :)
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Excited to be part of this team/group. My name is Mary & will be turning 63 this year. Pretty active but driven to overeat by emotion. All my life I have been watching my weight go up & go down. My heaviest was 204 lbs but it could of been more since I was afraid to put my foot on the scale. I have hit a plateau this year and been hovering around 185lb. It is my hope I can lower my weight for my health.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    Welcome to the Slim Possibles house of fun @Mariamamjad , @Bemybestby60 and @PaulyJoMomma !

-Mica

Looking forward to it. Cheers!!!
  • fairymange
    fairymange Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 168.4
    Current weight - 169.6
    +1.2

Sorry for the late weigh-in, but it's not much good news to report anyway. Have still not recovered from bad spring break behaviors. I did walk 4.43 miles yesterday, though.

Welcome to @Mariamamjad , @Bemybestby60 @pajerwatson and @PaulyJoMomma B)
    And CONGRATS on your new little cuddle bunny @vegan4lyfe2012 !
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @Bemybestby60 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, looking forward to getting to know you and hope you’ll be getting under that plateau soon!
    @shaunarlr83 I hope your hiking goes great, congrats on still having a loss and bet it fuels a great workout tomorrow!

@sleepygirl79 Great job being accountable and preparing for a better day tomorrow.

@trooworld Oh no prayers you’re feeling better ASAP!

@pajerwatson Welcome to Slimpossibles, we’re glad you’re here!

@fairymange Hey walking 5.54 miles is pretty darned awesome, wtg!

Hi team! Guess it’s time to start thinking of May goals for all of us, any of you decide on them yet? I worked out this morning then saved some energy to get the house clean after getting some work done, completely burned out before cleaning up outside but wiped the table down so my friend and I could eat out there only to get attacked by mosquitos tonight. Hard to know what to eat with the flapper in and wanting to be healthy, we ended up getting fish and chips and I couldn’t finish it for a change. I had planned on wine since we came back here but changed my mind and just had water, I’m getting a little better! My friend’s real stressed with job hunting, I gave her free plants to take home so hopefully that will get her mind off it for a bit. Tomorrow’s the greenhouse so I’m off to bed, have a great Thursday!

No Zero Days
    - Chair cardio/weights, strength, stretching, cleaning/gardening
    - Great water
    - Under calories, everything was healthy but dinner
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 124.9
    CW: 124.2
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    An update on my wife, everything points to her having a type of stroke.
    The docs are calling it a mini-stroke. Now the protocol is to take her to the ER every time she has the symptoms that she had this past week.
    While in the hospital we chatted about nutrition and exercise change. I hope the family is receptive to it.

Sending prayers.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Action April- I have gotten my stretching in every week. How are y'all doing?
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

@vegan4lyfe2012 - oh I missed the news feed post, she is adorable!!! Congrats! My mom is Grammy so I say that word all the time talking to my kids 😂 I’ve given this subject a lot of thought, I want something cute, I’m no where near the gram stage tho!

@trooworld - your little pup is the cutest!!! I wanna go to that beach! I’m so sorry about the migraine, I would be done for.

@Katmary71 - I want my brother to get a harness for his cat, he has a mane coon that has the weirdest personality but he’s great and he just got a new kitten and I’m so blown away how perspective and outgoing he is. He’s not skittish or shy at all he walks around like he owns the place, even chases the older cat around and he’s just a wee baby! So cute and I love those flowers!!!

@DrewsAnna - Happy Anniversary!!! Sorry you partied too hard!!! 😅 but I was glad to see you were doing better!

@AmbersWay - that is the best story!!! I’m so glad you shared!

@19shmoo69 - my dad had a stroke at the first of the month and they told him he had more than likely been having several mini strokes, every artery is clogged in his neck and they’ve done nothing to deal with that issue. I’m glad his stroke was minimal and he worked really hard at rehab to get to go home. I hope your wife wants to make some changes and your kids are excited to help her and you and themselves! Well wishes for no more incidents! Prayers and hugs to y’all!

Thank you all for the kind words following the tornado and my decent weigh in! I finally found out it was 1.3 miles wide and was on the ground for 15 miles! Saturday we finally went to retrieve my daughters demolished suv, since it was hit, I’m almost certain, by a tree or trees in the rear it actually started up and drove just fine. She only had liability insurance since it was 15 years old so it just our loss, they won’t do anything. We’ve managed sharing my moms loner truck. I was staying at her place for my sanity and it was just easier but I could tell she needed her own little space back. My days off were very much needed but all fun plans fell through, I ended up buying all kinds of sweets and wine and just binged! Eating my emotions I suppose but I also slept so much. Way too much so I guess that is why everything balanced out a bit. We had a nice rain storm this morning so I pulled myself out of my funk and forced myself to go chasing waterfalls!!! The rain actually stopped just as I got out there and it turned out to be an amazing day! I hiked 5.3 miles but it took me 4.5 hours because it was a lot of rock climbing and I was cautious not to slip on the wet ones! I’m so tired at work now after being awake all day and will be up over 25 hours before I can sleep again. I’m so excited to go shopping Friday. I’m on the hunt for a black dress and red high heels for a cute 40th birthday photo shoot I’m doing!!! Can’t wait!!! Here’s a picture of my favorite waterfall I found today, these waterfalls dry up just after the rain stops so they are so fun to get to see!!!!
    a1pfuc9ih67e.jpeg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @pajerwatson Woo hoo! Welcome!

@fairymange That's a lot of walking, congrats!

@Katmary71 Thank you! Too bad about the mosquitos. Good luck with the greenhouse, I hope it goes well.

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda That's awesome! I'm doing so-so: I realize I need to make a change and I know what I need to do. Now, to do it.

@shaunarlr83 Thank you! The beach was super fun. Yeah, migraines do me in. I work with someone that just comes to work and works all day with them but I can't do that. That's too bad about only having liability insurance on the SUV. Maybe you needed the sleep? You seem to be running ragged lately. And plus the emotions of going through the tornado. What a great hike! Great picture, thanks for sharing!

Hi all. My migraine is finally gone. In my pre-diabetes webinar last night, I realized I have not been eating the way I should be. Here is an illustration of the plate method, which would be good for those that don't have pre-diabetes as well...

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: All 3 meals were healthy.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

5n7vlc5h5uyo.png
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @pajerwatson - Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@shaunarlr83 - beautiful photo of the flash waterfall you found on your hike!

-Mica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    HI MS ... Another new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @tfelts147 :)
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @tfelts147 - Welcome to Mission Slimpossible! It's going to be hard to keep up this month, with all the new arrivals!
This discussion has been closed.