Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 @shaunarlr83 @broncobuddee Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard and having a fantastic week!

@sleepygirl79 @rodgerd27 Congrats on the losses!

@19shmoo69 I'm glad they figured out what happened, I'm sorry it was a type of stroke. That's good you know what to do the next time something happens. I hope your family will get on board with you on the changes. It would be good for all of you to support each other.

@Katmary71 Yeah it's really nice. Although it is supposed to be a little cooler today through Weds, still nice though (high 68F today, 67F tomorrow, Weds 73F). I know, this month flew by! That's good you got your gardening done. Too bad Bill isn't able to help you. I'm jealous of you all that have tomatoes! Great no zeros, way to go!

@megnolia82 It is a constant struggle, isn't it? But all we can do is keep fighting. Your health is worth it. Our health is worth it. Take it minute by minute and fight the fight.

@AmbersWay Yes! I love people-watching. LOL you have a fun circus though! Oh that soup was good, I froze the leftovers to enjoy another time. I'm glad your doggies have been on the straight and narrow. That must be scary when they get out. That's cute that they can let themselves in! Sometimes I have a very hard time finding a no zero to post. Sometimes it's something really little. Wow, great job starting the strength workouts and working up to 10 lbs! I love that you are doing game night. I love games and yes, everyone needs a laugh. What are your favorite game night games? I hear you about the roller coaster. I've been on a roller coaster for a few weeks.

@Cornanda You sound busy lol. Good luck with it all. That's good you'll have more daughter time. Have a great week.

Hi all. I hope you had a good weekend. I did. Yesterday, we took Violet to her first obedience class session. I was worried she'd be barking at the other dogs and people the whole time but she mostly was quiet. She did very well. Afterward, we stopped at a coffee shop and got a coffee and sat out on the patio. She barked a little at people but I distracted her with cheese lol. I went to bed at a decent hour last night (7:30 pm). That may sound really early but remember, I get up at 4:00 am. I made some chicken for chicken tacos later in the week. I didn't feel like making it, all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and read, but I made it.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Tracked most of my food, and partially meal prepped a meal for later in the week.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    It's the last week of another F2F month! If you have friends who would like to join in, please share this link for NEW members:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889269/registration-for-new-members-may-2023#latest

If you are already here, you do not need to re-register. Thanks!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - I hope your wife has no more mini-strokes! Hugs!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Hi team MS ...You have a new member joining your wonderful team .... Please welcome @webstee :)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    As usual, I am behind! I have been reading, so I will answer a couple of questions, I’m not going to try to go through everything to catch up :-).
    I am not sure why my sleep straightened out, I think it’s got something to do with my hormones. Finally starting to level out. Unfortunately , I think the dang antibiotics messed me up because this week has not been great for sleep at all.
    This is the recipe for the meatballs that I made, the only change I did was I only had added half of the Parmesan cheese called for. I didn’t really do it to save calories, I just didn’t have any more Parmesan cheese and honestly they turned out great without all the cheese.

https://carlsbadcravings.com/turkey-meatballs/

@19shmoo69 I am so very sorry to hear about your wife!

@trooworld your Violet is such a cutey pie! Are the girls getting along now? It sounds like she did great at obedience!! Way to distract her at the restaurant:). I used to make tuna brownies for Vannie when we were doing tough stuff like that.

@webstee Welcome!!

Well… It has been kind of a crazy few days. On Thursday I was at the gym and did a big workout. My brother called while I was working out, I don’t normally take calls at the gym, but he had been in an accident and I really wanted to talk to him. I had already finished spin class and was doing my weight training while I was talking to him. Typically on Thursdays I do a big stretch, but because I was talking to him I wanted to get out of the gym. I just went out to my vehicle and we actually talked for about an hour, so, after all that exercise, I just sat, really bad idea. I was pretty stiff later in the day, but was doing OK. The next day I had agility class with Vannie and the first running stop with a tight turn that I had to do my hamstring just killed me. Luckily, I have just strained it, but it is super uncomfortable and at first I was doing all the wrong things.🥴. I tried, stretching it out and exercising, when I talk to my daughter-in-law.(physiotherapist), she set me straight, and now I am doing a lot of icing resting with my leg elevated just leisurely walking, going on a recumbent bike at the gym with no tension and slow speed for 20 minutes today. It is finally starting to feel better. So all that being said, between the antibiotics, the pain from my hamstring, my sleeping has gone out the window. I haven’t been eating that great nor have I been tracking. Back on track today, every day is a new day.

@Cornanda you are SO close to the next decade - you’ve got this!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 II hope you move up to hour by hour soon, I have times like that too but thankfully they tend to pass.
    @AmbersWay You got this! Great gain on the dumbbell weight! As for game night what is the age range? My nephews are 11 and 14, a few years ago I got the oldest Not Parent Approved and we had fun playing that with the whole family (parent’s are 76 and 80 so it’s fun seeing what they put too, the kids love when they play though now they're a bit old for it). Apples to Apples was pretty fun too. Same with Uno and Sorry.

@Cornanda Best of luck with your daughter and company there! We need to come up with some great “under 170” rewards for you to get excited about.

@trooworld I wish I could share them with you! Chicken tacos sound awesome, I may copy you there soon!

@webstee Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, I know you you’re one of my feed friends but don’t really know you yet, I’m looking forward to learning more about you! Glad you found us!

@laurelfit57 Thank you for the recipe, I printed and pinned it, I love the variety of herbs used in it, it will be perfect when my garden’s in full swing. I’m so glad your hamstring is starting to feel better. Oh no I hope your sleep and eating get back on track as you feel better, it’s hard when you’re hurting as you feel more emotional. My answer for almost every emotion is eating which I’d imagine is the case for a lot of us here but when my pain’s worse and I’m not sleeping I’m a mess.

Hi everyone! Got my workout in of strength training and stretches then spent time in the yard. I’ve been doing videos that are cardio/weight combos then doing my PT strength training and stretching. I got my laptop to a repair store and picked up prescriptions then came home and spread dirt through the beds in the front, it looks a lot better. I’d put a packet of seeds out and only a couple started but I’ll add the photo of those those (mixed poppies). Didn’t get much work today but was worn out and spent the second half reading which I’m going to pick up again now. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

No Zero Days
    - Healthy food under calories
    - Great water
    - Chair cardio, strength training, stretching, yardwork
    hqcm8ieexpvc.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Another new member for May coming your way - welcome @DJill68 !
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome new members!

Game Night, thanks for the game ideas. I will look for the ones J don’t have. Age group is 40-50’s (oh my, are we in that age group 😂). I plan to set up different game stations, and have a couple group games. Depending on how many show up, I figured the gals tend to break off into groups so that may keep them entertained too.

Again thanks for your ideas.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 beautiful flowers!
    @19shmoo69 sounds like your wife had a TIA. Sorry to hear. My mom had one of those several years ago. She’s doing well now and I’m sure your wife will recover well.
    @AmbersWay i couldn’t find your original game night post, but if you have the right crowd, Cards Against Humanity is hilarious! We also like games like Scattergories, Outburst.

Another Monday down the tube 🎉. Did ok today. Afraid to eat my mini carrots again after my experience with them last week. Made perogies with my mom this weekend, like the good Ukrainian girls we are. We were at it for almost 4 hours. Only taste tested 1 and a bit of filling 😋. Got the bike out too with my little man as he was jonesing for his first ride of the year. It was cool but we made it. Keep making good choices everyone!
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Welcome to the Slimpossible house @webstee and @DJill68
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I don't have time for anything but quick pop ins.... I should be doing my grocery order right now...

@trooworld - Violet is soooooo cute! Gus is coming along but still slowly.

@katmary71- I love your flowers- and thanks for the motivation idea

@AmbersWay - bunco is fun too, but it's more of a production- all you need are dice for each table, but you need groups of 4, I think and the numbers have to be right or some have to sit out.

@laurelfit57 - I'm sorry about your sleep and your hamstring. I hope when it mends you will be sleeping again. I made tuna brownies for Gus (because I remembered you mentioning them) The recipe I found has garlic powder and molasses in it and later I found out that dogs are not supposed to have garlic and molasses might have sweeteners that are not good for them either. The tuna brownies were all gone by the time I found that out. He sure loved them! I looked on line and did not find a recipe that didn't contain garlic powder. I will probably just leave it out, but was wondering about your recipe. My Hub told me to ask you if you see them doing any techniques at the reactive dog class that he can use. It seems like you just see that going on as you are leaving as Vannie is an angel. He's been working with Gus on not barking at garbage cans, etc and is making progress, but tips are always good. Thank you.

Happy Tuesday!

Lisa

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi MS ... You have another new member joining your amazing team .. Please welcome @PaulyJoMomma :)
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Sophie Ellen is beautiful! 🥰
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I finally got caught up on everything I missed on here. Feeling too overwhelmed to try to respond to everyone. Sorry. But I have to say that Sophie sparked a fire in me to get healthier. I decided to delete the Healthi app because it doesn't work well and I didn't use any of the social parts of it. I'm too established here. I signed up for the Premium on here and will stick with straight calorie counting. I hope everyone is having a good day and getting in their water!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140

PW: 135.7
    CW: 136.1

My doctor is very proud of me for losing the weight and reaching my goal. I saw her today to go over my blood work. My kidney function has improved, my cholesterol is good but my liver enzymes are elevated. We will recheck in a month, I'm to stop taking the Vitamin E, and she said to reduce the fat in my diet, but there's nothing to reduce.

I feel like I have been a little bit out of control, so I need to get back on track. Lol, my husband has been giving me a piece of chocolate every night.

@shaunarlr83 I'm so glad you are okay and that you decided to stop, and that those kind people took you in the shelter you from the storm. That was very scary.

@Katmary71 I hope they get your laptop fixed soon. I have the most comfortable desk chair it was not cheap, but any other chair hurts my back too.

@19shmoo69 @shaunarlr83 @broncobuddee Congratulations, you made it on the leaderboard.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi MS.. Another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @Mariamamjad :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Aw Sophie Ellen is just beautiful, congratulations! Let us know how the premium version goes, I’m curious!
    @FushiaKat Congratulations on the good doctor’s visit, I’m hoping the liver enzymes drop in the next month but know with taking medication/supplements that’s a tough one. Thank you for the good wishes on the laptop!
    @Mariamamjad Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, looking forward to having you join us!
    Hi team, hope everyone had a great Tuesday! I did weights and stretching then went to the greenhouse for a couple hours. Rest of the day was in the yard and dealing with work and plant stuff (gave away about 30 plants which is a big relief to have less to take care of). I have a board meeting in 45 minutes so I’m going to eat my frozen Greek yogurt with stevia and cinnamon and mandarin oranges and get ready. Have an awesome Wednesday!

No Zero Days
    - Great water
    - Weights, stretching, greenhouse/gardening
    - Healthy food under calories
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member joining you for May .... Please welcome @Bemybestby60 :)
This discussion has been closed.