Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,124 Member
    Options
    Walkers...we're nearly through with week 4 and I have several people with steps missing for weeks 2 and 3. Please catch up by this weekend. Just make a list and post it please, date and steps.
    Thanks!

Jessica
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Out of curiosity, how many days a week do you work out and for how long? Does that involve any strength training? Let me know when you get a chance. Thank you.
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    Hi all. Out of curiosity, how many days a week do you work out and for how long? Does that involve any strength training? Let me know when you get a chance. Thank you.

this is what my workouts look like per week
    - 1x upper body strength + abs (takes me 1 hour at the gym)
    - 1x lower body strength + abs (also 1 hour)
    - 5km run 1x per week
    - 45 mins zone 2 stationary bike 1-2x/week

when it's not so hot out, i like to add in an additional run, speed workout at the track.

hope that helps
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the daily card. Happy Friday everyone <3
    p36vr7gsf2v6.jpg
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I usually exercise 3-5 days per week, with 3 of those days being strength training. I also walk my dogs 1-2 times per day. Lately I've been training for a week long cycling event so I've been exercising 7 days per week, still with 3 days of strength training.

My strength training sessions are 60-80 minutes, and my cardio sessions are 30-90 minutes.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 535 Member
    Options

I walk my dog 2/day for about 30-40 min each time, 3 days strength training and 2 days that are core and cardio.
  • dcresider
    Options

I usually exercise 3-5 days per week, with 3 of those days being strength training. I also walk my dogs 1-2 times per day. Lately I've been training for a week long cycling event so I've been exercising 7 days per week, still with 3 days of strength training.

My strength training sessions are 60-80 minutes, and my cardio sessions are 30-90 minutes.

60-80 min of strength training?? Is it a full body workout?
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW: 200.2
    CW: 201.8

steps:
    5/23 14,002
    5/24 14,430
    5/25 17,252

I'm definitely carrying some water weight today. But I'm feeling good that I had an active week and I really enjoyed a variety of activities. The weather has been mostly beautiful, so I did a couple bike rides in the early morning, jogged with my dog at lunch a couple times, got on the rowing machine once for 30mins (rainy day), played hockey one night and did some upper body weights this morning.
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 218 Member
    Options

60-80 min of strength training?? Is it a full body workout?

Yes, it's heavy (for me) barbell training. A typical session will be a foam rolling/ stretching warm-up, and 4 warm-up sets of squats followed by 3 sets of 5 reps work sets (2min rest between work sets). Next will be either 3x5 bench press or overhead press (after 4 warm up sets), and then 1x5 deadlift or 3x8 barbell row (again, 4 warm up sets first). I alternate between the bench press and overhead press, and the same for deadlift and rows
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,241 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 5/23: 11,185
    Wed 5/24: 11,882
    Thu 5/25: 10,110
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Steps
    5/24 5,970
    5/25 8,267
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @JenHul -- I hope the allergies are better! Mine have ramped up also.

@dcresider -- I think the best workout this summer has been the push mower and weed eating.

Most of my family have passed away now and I don't live near where I grew up at all but still feel the pull of putting out a Memorial Day meal like we used to have back in the day. What is your food strategies for the weekend (if you're in the US) ? What are some of the foods your family eats at gatherings?

• dcresider
    Options

This is mine - this is what serves me and my body:
    I'm 55yo and in menopause
    Yoga 3-4x/wk at my new Yoga6 studio
    Barre Blend thru BODi 1-2x/wk at home
    Walk 3-4x/wk depending on weather
    Morning Meditation 5x/wk

That's amazing. I've been meaning to take yoga classes but am too intimidated by the young flexible "kids" out there.
This discussion has been closed.