Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Walking a 5k tomorrow!!

@shaunarlr83 - I think I'm going to do the couch to 5k and be ready by late July early August for a 5k that I can run/ jog....
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @DJill68 I have the genetic cilantro thing too, I hate that! It’s the only main culinary herb I refuse to grow. I don’t think there’s any set way to deal with your ex-husband having cancer. OK the gym thing, when I went off all my pain meds I had panic attacks A LOT after being on an anti anxiety med for nerve pain. The gym scared the heck out of me even though I used to go. My goal the first time was just to go in the door and sign in then I added more. Have you worked out prior to the gym at all? It may be easier to get used to your heart rate being high and nothing going wrong prior to going to the gym and/or sticking to non cardio things at first. Just an idea, I admire that you went, I know that’s hard! It does help a lot having someone go with and also if you have headphones relaxing music would be good. I’m thinking now maybe I should’ve watched my aggressive playlists!

@tfelts147 Congratulations on the win, that’s awesome! Couch to 5K gets great reviews, I hope you like it!

@gemwolf110 Way to go on not caving! A friend on my feed told us to try mixing Greek yogurt with a sweetener and fruit and popping it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. I’m trying different yogurts and Fage 2% with a packet of stevia is totally worth 30 more calories it’s so good!

@micaroo4 Hope you were able to have fun birding, I’m sure if you went with a big group and kept coughing you were *real* popular!

@GabiV125 How funny I didn’t know her story and we’re friends on my feed! I got my boyfriend to join and he got double the calories I do so I was mad at him pretty fast. He doesn’t eat a lot so I feel like a pig too though he doesn’t work out. I’m going to read more after I reply, thanks for sharing this.
    @Shaunarlr83 Oh no I hope you’re still able to go on the trip, I think it would be great for you!
    @trooworld Basil is one of my favorite things to grow, I love trying all the different varieties. Have you tried Persian yet? It’s a little citrusy mixed with anise but not like lemon basil, it’s really good! It was one of my favorite new herbs to try last year.

Weekend time! I got my workout done then went to two grocery stores and ran a few other errands. I donated blood early afternoon and the last time I went I was told it could make pain worse so I got everything out of the way early and have done ok just am sad I can’t take my bath tonight especially not having my micro current machine but I’ll get through it. Trying to get the house and yard clean over the weekend as I invited some friends over next week and everything’s real chaotic with not being able to do much during winter then my last setback. Tomorrow’s the food bank farm and I haven’t been there for a few weeks so I’m really excited to check things out, we’re putting a lot of seedlings in tomorrow. Have a beautiful Saturday! It’s going to be 98 degrees tomorrow so I’ll be watering a lot!

No Zero Days
    - Healthy food under calories
    - Chair cardio, weights, stretching, cleaning/gardening
    - Great water
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - LOL, thankfully I don't go birding with a group; it was just me and Rich, and we do our best to stay away from the groups even when I'm not coughing. I'm not one of those people who goes out with a massive telephoto lens and tries to take photos of birds. It's just me and my binoculars. So no photos, sorry. It was not a great day; there were so many people there that the best birding trail for sighting warblers (the Hellcat Trail) had a FULL parking lot all day long, and you are not allowed to park along the road (they tow). We thought of parking at some other trailheads and walking back to hike Hellcat, but other people thought of that as well and those lots were also full. We hiked some other trails and saw lots of waterfowl, shore birds, birds of prey and a few warblers, but I was very disappointed that we couldn't do the best trail in the refuge. Some people go there and just stay all day. There's only room for about 30 cars in the parking lot. We got there at 8:15am and it was already full. I guess we should have tried to get there by 7:00am. In the past, I've taken the bicycles and we park in the big parking lot at the information center, and ride the bikes to reach the trailheads. Unfortunately this time I had the bronchitis and was not fit for bicycling.
    -Mica
  • micaroo4
    Options
    User Name: Micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 127.2
    CW: 125.8
    MAINTENANCE - GOAL ZONE
    Goal Weight Range 127-133 (center weight 130)

I've been sick and lost some weight, so I've slipped out of my goal range again. Hopefully I'm on the mend and I won't catch anything else!!

-Mica
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 219.2
    Todays Weight: 217.4

Daily Post ~ Friday

Track ~ Yes
    Calories ~ MFP Yes, WW No
    Exercise ~ walking during lunch.

Goals/Day/Comments:

No soda for 5 days, No Ice Cream for 4.
  • DJill68
    DJill68 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in, mainly for accountability. Went to the gym last night. 15 mins on treadmill, 10 mins on bike. FIL was waiting in the car so didn’t want to stay too long.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 225
    Todays Weight: 227
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @tfelts147 Ive been using a couch to 5k app for 3 years (not during winter though). I use Run Trainer but there’s tons out there. I love seeing my progress from week to week and year to year.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    The May Week 3 Group Challenge: Partner Up, Round 2 is live and ready to begin on Sunday, May 14th. Both chat rooms will remain open an extra day so we can announce winners and arrange teams for Round 2. Hope you'll join us! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10890538/may-week-3-group-challenge-partner-up-round-2#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @DJill68 - Are you ready for Round 2? Will you still be my partner? If YES, Do you want to change our team name, or continue as Red Hot Chili Steppers?

-Mica
  • DJill68
    DJill68 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I’ll pass on round two. I think I am gonna cut back to just walking Mon., Wed., & Fri. and try some other exercises on the other days.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 It sounds like a great spot to bird watch, I’m sorry to hear how crowded it was. I admire you still went despite the bronchitis, good for you!
    @gemwolf110 Awesome streaks!

@DJill68 Yes on going the the gym, woot woot!

@tfelts147 Congratulations on finishing the 5k, how awesome to do part of it with your grandson, love the matching mohawks!

Hi everyone! Spent the morning at the farm and did leg strengthening and stretching first. I went to the farmer’s market to visit my favorite plant seller and later went to Green Acres (awesome nursery), I have A LOT to do in the yard, yikes! I ordered these cardboard boxes from the post office that said they were military boxes and they were the wrong ones, well apparently those stupid boxes had pantry moth eggs in them as they’re all over the guest bedroom, I went in there to take a nap after the farm as my sheets were in the dryer. Two people from the charity are going to take some tomorrow so we can all put them in the recycle cans, may take awhile as there’s a few hundred. Bill’s doing real good so far which I’m really happy about, our relationship’s been more than a little stressful lately and I broke up with him right before the blood clot, today’s the first day he’s acted back to normal thank goodness. For my basil fans I got a mint basil today, I have to start Googling to see what it’s story is now!

No Zero Days
    -Leg strength and video, stretching, farm, and gardening.
    -great water
    - mostly healthy food plus microwave popcorn and just under calories
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    🌷HAPPY MOTHERS DAY🌷

@shaunarlr83 I’m catching up again. We can do a stridekick or apple watch challenge. I need something to get me going more.

@DJill68 your park pics are gorgeous. Sorry about your ex, although an ex I am sure it’s hard news to hear. It’s great that you got some gym time in.

@trooworld how was the book, Carrie? I love reading the books they’re always way better.

@gemwolf110 the kitty rescue went fine, now it’s part of the neighborhood crew. We keep food and water around for them. Congrats on the loss 👏🏻

@DrewsAnna well done on getting those fruit and veggies in. You’re doing good. Enjoy the BBQ today.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope your feeling better. Your daughter is beautiful. You’re right, you raised her well and now is her time to show it. ❤️

@gjaholy33 thanks for sharing the video, they’re helpful.

@tfelts147 Congrats on winning your game. Well done on the 5k! Your grandson is adorable. Love the blue accents.

@micaroo4 I hope you’re on the mend now.

@Katmary71 thanks for donating blood ❤️. Glad to see Bill’s doing better. You are a rockstar with all the gardening! Love it. It’s warming up here. Im hoping more cherry tomatoes ripen soon. I wish some big fat green tomatoes would pop up. I’m craving fried green tomatoes. I wonder if they would turn out ok in an air fryer. 🤔

—-

I’m feeling much better. Still really tired and a bit stuffy but much better. I was able to take my daughter to school today which means she was early. Her dad is a turtle in the mornings and makes her on the later side of kinda punctual 😂 my nicest way to put it.

I got on my bike and lasted 15 min yesterday and that was enough. I got in 2.5 mi of walking in my bedroom. So I will hopefully work my way back up soon. I’m so happy to get some things done around the house. Oh and cook! We had so much takeout while I was sick. I miss my kitchen time. It’s my happy place (minus dishes) hence my needing MFP. 😂

• micaroo4
    Options
    Does anyone need a partner for Round 2 of the Partner Up Step Challenge?
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 173
    CW: 172.8
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175