Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I have not tried Persian but I am intrigued! I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

@tfelts147 Great job with the 5K!

@AmbersWay I'm about 52% through it but it's really good so far! You are right about books vs movies. :D I'm glad you are feeling better.

Hi all. Congrats to all who lost weight this week and hugs to those who didn't. High fives to those who maintained. I have been sick since Friday. I don't know if it is the flu or COVID (I will take a COVID test tomorrow morning before I have to call out sick to work). I feel awful. It ruined my weekend plans: we were supposed to go to my favorite annual music festival yesterday and couldn't go and I can't go celebrate Mother's Day today either. :( Happy Mother's Day to those that celebrate and for those that have a tough or complicated relationship with the mother in their life, I feel you and hugs to you.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    Does anyone need a partner for Round 2 of the Partner Up Step Challenge?
    I will, if the offer is still valid. I’m not the biggest talker, but I’m a walker 😉.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr1983 - It sucks that's how your birthday turned out. Perhaps you can do something else that's just for you? Only you know what that is. Doesn't have to be expensive- just something you've been wanting to do- give yourself permission to do it and enjoy it. Yes, I believe Van Gogh did have the sunflowers- so many flowers in the exhibit that I can't say for certain, but if they are in the ad, they should be there. While I really enjoyed it- I thought it was quite expensive and as we booked tickets they kept adding more fees..... I tend to be quite cheap and lost in the past on prices though. :)

@DJill68 - We stopped at Cloudland Canyon park on a road trip once. I swear I have a pic of my kids in the same spot as your picture! It was gorgeous there.

@trooworld- how are the dogs doing? Oh no- hope you feel better soon.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Oh wow, that is a really tough one with your daughter. And definitely tons of emotions for you. Sending you a {{HUGG} and also agreeing that yes parenting can suck sometimes!

@Katmary71 - I'm glad that Bill is home. Wait, what- you broke up with him? Sounds like you are having lots of spring time fun with your plants.

I've been away and that's all the catching up I can manage. Read all your posts and am cheering for victories and sending positive vibes to those that are struggling.

I spent the last two days moving my daughter out of her third floor apartment, and driving. She lives three hours away and is moving back in with us. My Fitbit said I did 47 flights of stairs! It went well, but I am looking forward to relaxing and doing nothing today.

Lisa
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

kb71awbbp8hm.png
    3nsrv8pq8wld.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    r152nuepst8w.png

By Pounds
    c134h5pct8z2.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    v15ygnwdrim9.png

By Pounds
    pw75h3py4d2y.png
    lt2gosxpfdln.png

Team Winners
    qz6hhi2b7moc.png
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 220.2
    CW 219.6
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    gp8mom1p814k.jpeg

Daily Post ~ Saturday

Track ~ Yes
    Calories ~ MFP No, WW No
    Exercise ~ Gym workout with my sister
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 - yes, let's Partner Up! My partner and I were Red Hot Chili Steppers. Is that team name OK, or do you have another suggestion?
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    First, a very happy Mother’s Day to all, whether you be mothers of humans or fur babies! ♥️

@DJill68 being a good dog groomer, I have come to find out, is definitely a skill! This is the first time I have had a dog that needed grooming, it actually took me three tries to find one who was not only good at grooming, but also good for my particular dog 🥰. I know you had to have had the patience of Jobe to do what you did! Good for you for starting up at the gym! I hope your father-in-law‘s tests go well!

@19schmoo69 I am glad that your wife is doing better, sorry to hear about the side effects of the medication though.

@Fushiakat woohoo 19 weeks in the green!!! it definitely is a challenge, and I hope to be joining you there again soon :-).

@KatMary71 I am so happy to hear that you are starting to feel back on track! I am sorry to hear about Bill, he is having a tough go of it!

@Ambersway so sorry that you have been sick and can’t seem to shake it, hopefully soon you will be on the road to recovery!

I was starting to catch up with everybody, just realized I am five pages behind! I am afraid I don’t have time to catch up with all of the postings that have gone on lol so I will just skip ahead to today.

@trooworld I am so so very sorry to hear how sick you are! I’m hoping it doesn’t last too long, hugs to you!

@Cornanda good for you doing all those stairs helping your daughter move! I did that with my son in his third floor walk up about five years ago, I don’t think my knees could take it today🤣. Enjoy your day today!

I’m able to spend a lot of time with my family today for Mother’s Day. We went to a lovely restaurant for brunch this morning. I was trying to be good and so ordered scrambled eggs (with cheese), sourdough toast and pancetta bacon. The restaurant we went to is quite a nice restaurant, so I was anticipating something very tasty as it was on their Mother’s Day special. I got a very big surprise! It was very bland plain egg whites scrambled, a paper thin, 2 inch round of pancetta and dry sourdough barely toasted toast.🤣. I was sure able to stay in my calorie allotment si could only eat 1/2 of it.😂. We are going over to my daughter and son-in-law‘s house to watch the game tonight so I will splurge on some nibbles that they will have there. I am sure :-) :-).
    This week was pretty much a non-sleeping week, I am sure that both my lack of exercise and hormones are in play. I am going to be able to start back to the gym in a more productive way next week, hopefully that will help! Super excited to do my first spin class in three weeks tomorrow :-).
    I was kind of disappointed that I did not lose this week, I tracked all week, and I was right on score, except one day when I was over by a couple of hundred calories. Oh, well, it is a new week this week!
    Update on Vannie…
    I was telling my trainer what I was doing, she said I needed to have Vannie where I could see what she was doing and anytime she started to make any noise or anything to tell her to lay down. I lay down the backseat, so I could have Vannie‘s crate in my backseat with the front facing the front of my vehicle so I can see her. Talk about drama! I don’t think I have laughed so hard in a long time. Not only was she scratching at the crate door while she was screaming, then, when she was mumbling and talking, she would sit right up by the crate door and fall over backwards🤣🤣🤣. She looked like one of those old time actresses, who put their hand up to their forehead and falls down in a faint. It is definitely getting better now that I can see what she is doing. This is a picture of Vannie riding in the back with my granddaughter after we picked her up at school.
    ea9436u0bc13.jpeg
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    @GabiV125 - yes, let's Partner Up! My partner and I were Red Hot Chili Steppers. Is that team name OK, or do you have another suggestion?

Perfectly good name 😁. I’ll head up to the actual thread and follow instructions there.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    WI: Sunday
    PW:198.6
    CW:198.6

I was hoping that midweek 197 would stick. Maybe next week.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Thanks, I can’t wait for tomatoes too! I really need to start preserving them instead of giving them all away, after winter I can’t wait for ones with flavor! Great job on the workouts!
    @trooworld I happen to know someone with Persian basil seeds who can spare some if you send her your address in a private message! Here’s the link, it says they’re both lemony and spice-like perfect for soups, salad, rice dishes, and flavorful tea. The leaves are cool too, they’re purple with some green. https://www.rareseeds.com/basil-persian Let me know if you want anything else too, I have a lot of Thai, Red Rubin, and Genovese seeds as well. Shoot bad timing to be sick with all those fun plans! I hope you’re feeling better fast.

@Cornanda So did your daughter promise not to live so high next time? Is there an elevator? That would be a tough move if not, yikes. A day of vegging would be perfect after all of that.

@AmbersWay @sleepygirl79 @laurelfit57 Way to go team winners, you were amazing this last week, woot woot!

@laurelfit57 How disappointing, my mouth was watering at that breakfast! I always feel let down when I eat out and something that sounds amazing isn’t as good like now I need to find something else awesome to eat. Good luck at the spin class tomorrow! I think this next week is going to be your week but I know how disappointing the week can be when you’re expecting a loss. How funny about Vannie, your granddaughter looks like she was getting a kick out of it all, she’s so adorable!

@19shmoo69 Wow that pie looks amazing! Yum! I don’t think I’ve had apple pie with cheese but it sounds delicious! Did you find a partner for the challenge? I don’t have a Fitbit but can log steps on my phone and translate chair cardio to steps, we aren’t going to be top steppers but I’m down if you need one.

Hi team! I was going to do a quick check-in then wanted to reply to a few things and think I covered it all. My friend from the charity (she's on the garden club board too so I gave her a bunch of goodies for her daughter's first garden) came by to take boxes and it was her first time here, she's such a nice person I'm happy I've become friends with her and others on the board. I moved all those boxes to the garage so war on the moths starts tomorrow! I was at my brother’s today for Mother’s Day and my SIL’s birthday, it was a nice day outside and the food was delicious. My SIL’s sister and BIL have gotten into sourdough bread making and I’m dying to try it but being diabetic and having weight issues it wouldn’t be smart. Seems cooler than my kombucha which has been on the counter for so long it's a little scary
    flowers at Trader Joe’s but picked ones in the yard for my SIL, I’ll post that at the end as it’s a bit of a mess but I really like being able to give people flowers from my yard so I’ll have to think about what I’m growing, I mostly started for pollinators for my veggies. I took my neighbor/friend a lavender bouquet the other day when I was harvesting and drying it (took 3 days to dehydrate it all). One of my aunts grows beautiful dahlias but I don't know if they'd do ok here, she's in Washington. Let’s have an amazing week!

No Zero Days
    - Arm and ab strength, stretching, moving boxes, gardening.
    - Good water.

lwbazy8ily31.jpg

• Mariamamjad
    Mariamamjad Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mariamamjad
    Monday
    Previous weight: 184.2 (I think, I can't actually remember)
    Today's weight: 181.6

Very happy with this weeks results 😊💃🏻💃🏻
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Megnolia82 weigh in May 14

CW: 221.6
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @katmary71- Nope, no elevator. I don't think she will ever live that high again with no elevator. In fact, I asked her not to. :D Lucky for me it was a student apartment and furnished so none of that to lug down the stairs.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    🎉Congrats to those who had a loss this week 🎉

@19shmoo69 that pie looks amazing!

@Katmary71 your flowers are gorgeous! Sourdough is great right but it’s addictive! When freshly baked and you end up with a good amount, it’s trouble. Been there, done that. My friend was sending me daily and I was freezing it, trying to keep up. 😂

@Cornanda wow that’s a lot of stairs!!! I would have just used a box and slid down. 😂

@laurelfit57 omg Vannie can throw some drama out there. How funny. Cute picture 🥰 Have fun going back to spin class. I did my first 30 min ride today and survived. It’s been 2 weeks and I felt it.

@trooworld I hope you feel better soon.

———

Well Mothers Day was nice. My daughter sent flowers from her and the other two. Hydrangeas, roses and tulips and they’re my favorites. Surprisingly, my neighbor messaged me and said she was sending a small gift. It arrived and the bag is something I can sit in. It was full of gifts, sweets, a small rug, a dress, house decor, and more. I was blown over by that. So sweet of her 🥰

The kids are renewing passports. Tomorrow my son has an appointment at the US embassy. This means, summers almost here and I am ready to fly the friendly skies 👏🏻 wohoo! I just feel the energy from the excitement of summer break.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 @AmbersWay @laurelfit57 congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@Cornanda The dogs are still fighting. We are trying to stop them when we see signs of it coming but sometimes it erupts out of nowhere. :( Wow, that sounds like good exercise (the moving)! Enjoy your do-nothing-day!

@sleepygirl79 @Mariamamjad Congrats on the losses!

@laurelfit57 Thank you! Oh that's a bummer about your Mother's Day breakfast! That would make me want to go out and eat another breakfast to make up for it lol. I hope you enjoyed the nibbles at your daughter's. Ugh about the sleep. Vannie the drama queen lol. I'm glad it is getting better. Aww cute pic!

@19shmoo69 Dang that looks good! How was it?

@Katmary71 I think I'm good on seeds for a bit, I just got all those seeds from Renee's Garden, and I haven't planted them yet. They will take up my entire Aerogarden. I may take you up on that though, later. Yeah, I hate that I missed out on everything! :( I am glad you had a good day yesterday with family. Pretty flowers.

@AmbersWay Thank you! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. How nice of your kids and neighbor!

Hi all. I'm still feeling sick and will take the day off work. I am feeling a little better. But still can't sit up for long enough periods of time to go to work.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - I love your flowers, they are beautiful!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 – Vannie is hilarious! I love it!
    @Katmary71 – I’ve never heard of Persian Basil! That looks so pretty! I’m gonna have to try growing some :) Let me know if I can snatch the seeds that Chris doesn’t want :) What an awful mess with the moths. Hope you can eradicate them quickly. And I think it’s beautiful that you create fresh bouquets for people from your garden.
    @AmbersWay – What an awesome neighbor! Have you lived by each other a long time? And did I miss a post about summer international travel? Where is everyone headed to? So exciting!
    @trooworld – I hope you feel better super fast!
    Thank you everyone for your support during my rough patch. Syd is settling in there in Texas and called me yesterday to wish me a Happy Mother’s Day. She’s never been one for giving presents, but she knows I love my phone call. After church, my mother, Hunter and her hubby and I all went to my mom’s for tea and cookies to tide us over until my son and his family arrived for a late lunch. We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant and I only ate half of my pasta pomodoro and let everyone else devour the bread. Hunter did put a chunk on my plate, tho, so I ate it for her. They all got me thoughtful gifts – nail polish and accessories, tea and mug, framed picture, fun “Grammy” items. Photos of my joys below.
    Hunter & Michael with Baby Byron: gbvdn9gnjq04.jpg
    Marcus, Ashley and Baby Sophie: roptplxa0mfo.jpg
    My mother with Sophie (mom's lookin' good for 80 years old): fent8fbh9r4v.jpg
    And the best photo of Grammy with Sophie (can you tell I'm in love with her?): 2x09g84esa4n.jpg

I get to see my therapist today so I can talk through my emotions and get things off my chest. In the meantime, I ordered groceries to be ready for pick up after my appointment and I made sure to pick out some healthier choices. Except for one thing – evidently there is a new vegan SPAM so I simply MUST give it a try hahahahaha

Have a good Monday and don’t forget your veggies!

No Zero Days May Goals – 5/14
    1. Weigh/Measure/Log all food: :#
    2. 6,000 Steps: :D (laughing cause I discovered my FitBit thinks me burping the baby are actual steps)
    3. Stop eating when pleasantly full: <3
    4. No snacking after 10pm: <3
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday 5/14
    PW: 195.0
    CW: 194.8
This discussion has been closed.